• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.
  • If you are experiencing issues logging in, we migrated and software and made it more secure. We recommend trying to reset your password.

(20th Oct)[ROM][7.1.2][STABLE]CARBON ROM V5.1[Venom Kernel] [aio_row]

AKS12

Apr 7, 2017

Who's back? We're back.​

CarbonROM is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look, build, and use our code at CarbonROM's GitHub... and at CarbonROM Gerrit.
Disclaimer:
While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in #teamcarbon on freenode IRC.

Support:
We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.
2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our website. Carbon FAQ
3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.
4) Ask a question on our IRC channel. Connect to #teamcarbon on irc.freenode.net or click here. You'll find several other Carbon fans and usually one or more devs as well. Please be polite.

Downloads

(OctoberBuild)Carbon-Rom (STABLE) (updated)

Instructions :
1. Download the Rom-Zip
2. Boot to Recovery - TWRP
3. Wipe Dalvik/Cache/Data/
4. Flash the Zip
5. Flash GApps - Optional
6. Reboot & Enjoy

#Recommended GApps : OpenGApps_arm64_7.1-PICO

XDA:DevDB Information
(20th Oct)[ROM][7.1.2]CARBON ROM V5.1[Venom Kernel] [aio_row], ROM for the Lenovo A7000

Contributors
AKS12, daniel_hk,Rohan Taneja,tanish2k09,Aryan Kedare
Source Code: https://github.com/carbonrom

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
ROM Firmware Required: TWRP by Rohan Taneja,AKS12, HDHR or Aryan Kedare..
Based On: AOSP

Version Information
Current Stable Version: V5.1
Stable Release Date: 2017-10-05

Created 2017-10-05
Last Updated 2017-12-04

Attachments

Last edited:

AKS12

Apr 7, 2017
If u like my work then don't forget to press thanks button...
Here I clearly mentioned to press thanks button ONLY if u like my work....

1)BATTERY SAVER BUG FIXED
2)OFFLINE CHARGING FULLY WORKING....

I HAD USED VENOM KERNEL WHICH IS HAVING PRE-ENABLED DT2W

U CAN USE KERNEL AUDITOR FOR DISABLING IT ...

u can use different kernels
Tanish2k09- Venom Kernel...
Rohan Taneja - Daredevil kernel...
Aryan Kedare-Devil Kernel....

Last edited:

AKS12

Apr 7, 2017
Enjoying the ROM
If You Are Happy With The Rom
You Can Donate Me
via

Paytm :-

Scan the QR code above with Paytm app to send donations.

Any amount of donations is highly appreciated.

Note:- Donations Are Not Necessary

Last edited:
Reactions: ReghuWarrier

AKS12

Apr 7, 2017
It won't crash bro...I had removed android webview
And added chrome ...
For which u can go to developers option and check webview implemented with chrome stable...
If u want then u can simply install android webview

But for ur information I had preinstalled gapps in this ROM...
And I think u had again installed gapps which u downloaded long before

Last edited:
Reactions: [email protected]

mohitdoshi

Apr 7, 2015
Flash magisk 13.2 or so

Seems magisk 14 is having problems with xposee framework
Try flashing older version
For xposed functionality

but I founded a problem with xposed framework because when I installed the xposed framework on my phone I had a bootloop . How to fix it ???!!!

---------- Post added at 06:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 PM ----------

AKS12
U didnt mention to wipe system in main page while flashing this rom
U said to just clear data, dalvik and cache

What exactly we have to wipe while flashing??
Also...
Is it ok to not flash internal storage?

Thanks

ahmedsaadimam

Sep 13, 2017
Kafr El-Shiekh
Seems magisk 14 is having problems with xposee framework
Try flashing older version
For xposed functionality

---------- Post added at 06:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 PM ----------

AKS12
U didnt mention to wipe system in main page while flashing this rom
U said to just clear data, dalvik and cache

What exactly we have to wipe while flashing??
Also...
Is it ok to not flash internal storage?

Thanks
I uninstalled magisk and installed supersu and I tried install xposed framework . and not workingggg , WTF . and did you tried flash older version of magisk and flash xposed framework and it's working or not ???

Edit: Now Xposed Official Version Released and I flashed it and working perfctly. Thanks .

Last edited: