• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Development [21.09.21] G998B I Dr.Ketan ROM I OneUI 4.0 Beta I OneUI 3.1

Search This thread

dr.ketan

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Testing now R03 (May security Patch)
If no major bug found then it will be released tomorrow.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210430-020024_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20210430-020024_Settings.jpg
    471.8 KB · Views: 68

dr.ketan

ChangeLog R03

• Based on G998BXXU3AUDA May 2021 security patch OneUI 3.1
  • SafetyNet fix will auto apply with ROM Tool essential fix. Don't use any other safetynet fix
  • ROM Tool added option to remove warning text on bootsplash.
  • Magisk canary verson included (Needs for safetynet fix)
Samsung base update ChangeLog :
  • The performance of Camera has been improved
  • Enhanced Quick Share
  • Improve file sharing between Galaxy devices using Quick Share.
  • The security of your device has been improved.

IMPORTANT : New base have updated bootloader so if you are running previous base, you must needs to update Bootloader & Modem else device won't boot. BL and Modem included in ROM zip with separate instructions.

TweaksPro recommended version is 1.0.0 or up

ROM Features

- Ad Free QS Panel Toggle
- SafetyNet Pre-fixed
- Reboot to recovery QS Panel Toggle
- Native call recorder (Manual) While you are on call - click 3 dot - Record (Should work without CSC restriction)
- Removed many stubs & common bloatwares (tried to preserve most functions though)
- Removed carrier bloatwares
- More secure OEM patch.
- High Volume warning disabled
- Pre fixed Titanium freezing while restoring apps
- Probable fix for Titanium Backup schedule
- Internet browser Secret mode
- S Health patch for using with rooted device.
- ROM Tool with following Options

• Long Press Home customization : Select Device assistance as LP Home from settings, then select if you want to use it to assign to any
  • AdFree mode Enable/Disable
  • Single click install/uninstall custom fonts (on the fly)
  • YouTube Vanced Installer (No xposed requires)
    1. NonRoot - Requires MicroG to login
    2. Root - Truely alternate to Youtube, Can login to youtube without MicroG
  • You have to click on NonRoot/Root depending on your choice, then you needs to click "Install" tab and latest version of Youtube vanced will get installed.
  • StatusBar Icons
    1. Show/Hide stock battery
    2. Show/Hide 3minit battery
    3. show/hide stock clock
    4. show/hide 3minit clock
  • ROM Control - See below
  • Mods & Fix
    1. Titanium backup FC fix
    2. Google Pay Fix
    3. Added camera fix (Certain users reported camera failed issue. This is reported on stock too, here is someworkaroung meanwhile samsung fix it)
    4. Option to freeze CID manage (If some CSC have SIM change popup)
    5. Remove warning screen on bootsplash.
  • Update & Fix
- ROM Control (systemUI preferences)

• Battery Bar with thickness and color option
    • Network meter with Toggle (Lt/Rt/Quick Panel/None) with color option
    • Virtual Key with Toggle (Lt side - Menu, Rt side - Power, Centre - Home)
PS : There may be few more options in ROM control but won't work if those are not mentioned here.

Installation Guide :
Requirement : G998B with TWRP installed
Installation guide included in zip inside
Download and extract zip - It have all required files. Read Installation.txt and follow to ther letter.

Known Bug/Tips/Fix

- 3 minit users can use 3minit battery paid version for free. Check this (Thanks to gharrington )

Installation
: Refer to Installation note available in ROM download area.

Download : DrKetanROM.com

PS : This is a fully customized ROM and for end users only, ROM or any part of ROM not allowed to redistribute,modify or to use as base to prepare new ROM.

dr.ketan

I dirty flashed the the R03 over R02 as per the instructions. All works fine so far. Magisk still doesn't pass the SafetyNet test. Applying the fix in the ROM tool and rebooting did not do the trick.
Likely bcoz of dirty flash
Uninstall magisk manager from app drawer
Download magisk canary apk and install manually - enable magisk hide from settings
PS : as said in changelog, don't use any fix for safetynet
Or
Simply clean install R03
Apply essentially fix - reboot
Done

babyboy3265

Sep 20, 2012
Jupiter
Download magisk canary apk and install manually - enable magisk hide from settings
Or
Simply clean install R03
Done
Thank you. I will reinstall Magisk, clean flashing is too much of a hassle now.

Today in the morning before turning on my wifi, i noticed this strange "content hidden" notification, any idea what it is supposed to be?

It has never appeared before.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210501-092622_One UI Home.jpg
    Screenshot_20210501-092622_One UI Home.jpg
    229.4 KB · Views: 52

Srbija2012

Apr 12, 2012
Canberra
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Or
Simply clean install R03
Done
Ive done this, same issue still happening unfortunately. clean install not an option.

After dirty flash and follow your instructions...

Last edited:

babyboy3265

Sep 20, 2012
Jupiter
I confirm the Safety Net passed after uninstalling normal Magisk and installing the official Canary version. All settings stayed as well. Thanks Doc.

Can you help me understand what this notification is? I installed R03 last night and this Notification appeared this morning before me turning on the wifi. It is google related but the small icon on the right looks like Secure Folder which I do not use as it does not work. I cannot transfer any nude photos to it so it is not too useful. :D

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210501-092622_One UI Home.jpg
    Screenshot_20210501-092622_One UI Home.jpg
    229.4 KB · Views: 29

dr.ketan

I confirm the Safety Net passed after uninstalling normal Magisk and installing the official Canary version. All settings stayed as well. Thanks Doc.

Can you help me understand what this notification is? I installed R03 last night and this Notification appeared this morning before me turning on the wifi. It is google related but the small icon on the right looks like Secure Folder which I do not use as it does not work. I cannot transfer any nude photos to it so it is not too useful. :D
seems secure folder only, once enable secure folder - then from secure folder settings uninstall it.

Top Liked Posts

Yes doc, I dirty installed A12 over a clean installed A11 after setting up secure folder.

The thing was, I dirty installed A12 previously and had this soft reboot whenever I connect to wifi or mobile data. Maybe because I had the native speed meter enabled on A11. Since it is not present on A12, I cannot manually disable it. So my option is to clean install to remove the native meter.

But the secure folder does not work on clean installed A12. So I thought I can clean install A11 first since secure folder was working fine on A11, it's just moving to and from does not work. I really don't mind that issue as I am only using secure folder as substitute to dual messenger.

After setting up the secure folder on clean installed A11, applied essential fix, then I dirty flash A12 over A11. Now I still have secure folder working, plus the ability to move items back and forth.
    Exactly that was my thought for working secure folder. A12 have issue creating it. I may look into it after official release if issue persisits, no meaning of wasting time on beta.
    C

Can you please tell me the uses and advantages of Viper? So I can try too.
    So in a nut shell, it revolutionizes audio from a smart phone into audiophile quality.
    Testing R10 (Based on September Security patch).
    If no major bug found then it will be public tomorrow.

.Screenshot_20210905-025055_Settings.jpg
    Thank you guys!
    It's been just 24 hrs and nearly 100 downloads, no any bugs yet reported so glad to know users are happily using beta. Specially those users who are on non OXM csc and have no scope to test beta officially.

Again thank you all for trust and love for this ROM.

Dr.Ketan

bmonteiro and Other test users​

Kindly post your full review about SB1 as well about OneUI 4
    I have installed since two days but hardly opened any app other than settings, just spent two days to prepare ROM for users so any one can install it without going through pain of installing official beta. I have really no idea what is new in this beta. Code wise there are lot differences. Also samsung and google started behaving like apple and making tough for modification with every OS update. Let's see how further development goes!

I'm on the ROM for about 3 hours now, no random reboots or anything of the sort.

All my apps are working properly, made some calls successfully. Was not getting notification, but I noticed that now all apps that I open are asking for notification permission, so not a problem, just something to keep in mind.

Some fame drops here and there, but I'm following the other thread where non-root users are also reporting this, so it's not related to this one being custom. Another thing for users wanting to trying out this one is that Safetynet will not pass, even for non-root users beta versions does not pass safetynet.

Besides that, One UI 4.0 is almost identical to 3.1, some new features like battery protection, extra dim (which I really like)

Can't say anything related to battery yet as it's too soon.
    Ok Now on A12 with rooted!
    Preparation will start for DrKetan ROM_BS1 (BetaS1)

Screenshot_20210914-203955_Settings.jpg
    R09 is On line now.
    Read ChangeLog
    above

IMPORTANT : Recommended to use TWRP version that is linked in Changelog post. Newer TwRP causing issue while flashing ROM.

G998B Dr.Ketan ROM

ROM Features

ROM Features varies with version of ROM. For more details, read changelog post. Link available in post #3 for changelog of all versions.
    Must read changelog for a version you are going to install, it will have latest information about features, changes, known bug list/fix and Installation guide of respective version.

Credit and Thanks :

Chainfire - Respected elite developer for supersu and his unbelievable contribution to XDA/Android community. @wanam - Respected elite developer for his awesome contribution and references to his works.

@topjohnwu for Magisk

@xperiacle the amazing developer for reference to his work and tools. @amarullz for aroma installer. @gharrington for 3minit battery and QuickLaunch.

ROM Control source and all credit and thanks goes to @daxgirl and @Wuby986 for their open source project for RomControl.

@AbrahamGC for some ideas samsungvn htcmania & 4PDA for tips and some stock apks. afaneh92 for TWRP @Arteush for bluetooth fix (losing BT pair on reboot) on Android Q @Winb33 for custom font pack

XDA devDB Information

G998B I Dr.Ketan ROM , ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra

Contributors

Dr.Ketan
    ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Stock
    ROM Firmware Required: Stock Samsung

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2021-03-15
    Installation and Download

Important :

- This will void warranty.
    - As of now you will lose Samsung Pay and Samsung Pass forever if you root once, even unrooting won't help. (hope in future we can get it working on tripped knox device)
    - OTA won't work once you root device.

Installation :

Read ChangeLog post for Installation instructions (link on post #3)

PS : Who can handle consequences of dirty flashing, they never need to ask this question in forum. If you dirty install then handle it yourself .

Download : https://drketanrom.com/

Testing R07 now (Based on July Security patch)
    If no major bug found then it will be public tomorrow.

Screenshot_20210714-021854_Settings.jpg

R05 is Online now.

Read ChangeLog here

New Installation guide packed inside ROM zip itself.