• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Development [21.09.21] G998B I Dr.Ketan ROM I OneUI 4.0 Beta I OneUI 3.1

Search This thread

founchki

Oct 27, 2015
Google Pixel
ASUS ROG Phone 3
@dr.ketan please please please tell me we will be able to do a dirty flash from A11 to A12, using the current method i.e. Img, zip, then ODIN...

A full FR would be a pain in the bum.
No promises, but I've dirty flashed new upgrades before in the past, I imagine it'd be the same if not I'm pretty sure you can backup the data partition and restore it afterwards, but I haven't played with Samsung's since the note 8

recoilshadow

Sep 15, 2021
Installation and Download

Important :

- This will void warranty.
- As of now you will lose Samsung Pay and Samsung Pass forever if you root once, even unrooting won't help. (hope in future we can get it working on tripped knox device)
- OTA won't work once you root device.

Installation :

Read ChangeLog post for Installation instructions (link on post #3)

PS : Who can handle consequences of dirty flashing, they never need to ask this question in forum. If you dirty install then handle it yourself .

Download : https://drketanrom.com/

Hi,

i have been trying to download and follow the process of changing the ROM for the s21 ultra from your site. ive done the clean flashing process. after i got to this step.
 Reboot to TWRP → Install → Install image → select super.img for super partition
 Format data

im stuck in a boot loop. please help

dr.ketan

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Hi,

i have been trying to download and follow the process of changing the ROM for the s21 ultra from your site. ive done the clean flashing process. after i got to this step.
 Reboot to TWRP → Install → Install image → select super.img for super partition
 Format data

im stuck in a boot loop. please help
Flash bootloader and modem files

Alexio34

Sep 15, 2021
Hi, i have purchased the tweak pro but when i use request code apk, tells me that root access is needed. What have i to do ? I don't know but i think it's too late because two day are already passed. Thanks. Is there a support page?

dr.ketan

Hi, i have purchased the tweak pro but when i use request code apk, tells me that root access is needed. What have i to do ? I don't know but i think it's too late because two day are already passed. Thanks. Is there a support page?
You needed to root your device
Here is guide how to root
OR simply Install this ROM (Installation guide available in download area)and you ill have rooted device
Don't orry about 2 days, will adjust it.

dr.ketan

Update on DrKetan ROM SB1 (A12)

Just flashed SB1 over R10 and seems all good. Most of ROM features included like R10
One I will receive test report from other users who never updated to Official beta then I ill public it. Stay tuned.

Screenshot_20210916-160715_Settings.jpg

bmonteiro

May 8, 2015
Hi @dr.ketan I'm trying out the test A12 ROM. The installation went fine, but the phone reports that there's no SIM card installed.

When I check on Software Information, Baseband shows as 'Unknown'.

Screenshot_20210916-090435_Settings.jpg

dr.ketan

Hi @dr.ketan I'm trying out the test A12 ROM. The installation went fine, but the phone reports that there's no SIM card installed.

When I check on Software Information, Baseband shows as 'Unknown'.
Probably you haven'y followed instruction.
Open ROM Tool - Apply essential fix - Reboot (Ignore if any busybox not installed msg appear)

Reactions: bmonteiro

dr.ketan

To All Test users of SB1

1. Other than regular ROM installation instruction, there is a special Installation notes there, Kindly read it carefully and follow it.
2. On SB1 You must apply Essential fix and reboot to register to Network (Ignore any busybox not installed error appears)

All the instructions already there in download area.

Reactions: bmonteiro

dr.ketan

bmonteiro and Other test users​

Kindly post your full review about SB1 as well about OneUI 4
I have installed since two days but hardly opened any app other than settings, just spent two days to prepare ROM for users so any one can install it without going through pain of installing official beta. I have really no idea what is new in this beta. Code wise there are lot differences. Also samsung and google started behaving like apple and making tough for modification with every OS update. Let's see how further development goes!

Reactions: carlitobahsoun

TrevorAshley

Dec 29, 2013
Paarl, Cape Town
Hi Doc! Is the CSC files only for single sim models. Bit confused because i see the word "single" there.

I have installed since two days but hardly opened any app other than settings, just spent two days to prepare ROM for users so any one can install it without going through pain of installing official beta. I have really no idea what is new in this beta. Code wise there are lot differences. Also samsung and google started behaving like apple and making tough for modification with every OS update. Let's see how further development goes!

shaharofir

Jan 14, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
To All Test users of SB1

1. Other than regular ROM installation instruction, there is a special Installation notes there, Kindly read it carefully and follow it.
2. On SB1 You must apply Essential fix and reboot to register to Network (Ignore any busybox not installed error appears)

All the instructions already there in download area.
Stupid question: how do I become a beta tester? 🙂

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thank you guys!
    It's been just 24 hrs and nearly 100 downloads, no any bugs yet reported so glad to know users are happily using beta. Specially those users who are on non OXM csc and have no scope to test beta officially.

Again thank you all for trust and love for this ROM.

Dr.Ketan
    Testing R10 (Based on September Security patch).
    If no major bug found then it will be public tomorrow.

.Screenshot_20210905-025055_Settings.jpg
    Ok Now on A12 with rooted!
    Preparation will start for DrKetan ROM_BS1 (BetaS1)

Screenshot_20210914-203955_Settings.jpg

I'm on the ROM for about 3 hours now, no random reboots or anything of the sort.

All my apps are working properly, made some calls successfully. Was not getting notification, but I noticed that now all apps that I open are asking for notification permission, so not a problem, just something to keep in mind.

Some fame drops here and there, but I'm following the other thread where non-root users are also reporting this, so it's not related to this one being custom. Another thing for users wanting to trying out this one is that Safetynet will not pass, even for non-root users beta versions does not pass safetynet.

Besides that, One UI 4.0 is almost identical to 3.1, some new features like battery protection, extra dim (which I really like)

Can't say anything related to battery yet as it's too soon.
    ChangeLog SB1 (OneUI 4.0 base)

• Based on G998BXXU3ZUID Android12 September 2021 security patch OneUI 4.0
    • SafetyNet : ROM Tool safetynet fix won't work on beta. You can still fix using magisk module, below Known bug/Tips/Fix section below
    • GoodLock some modules yet to update for A12
    • Virtual key mode in ROM control won't work
    • All features of previous ROM will remain as it is except said above. For more details read below ROM features.
    Samsung base update ChangeLog :

IMPORTANT NOTES :
    • New base have updated bootloader so if you are running previous base, you must needs to update Bootloader & Modem else device won't boot. BL and Modem included in ROM zip with separate instructions.
    • There is special Instruction to flash A12 base ROM in download area, Must read it
    • On First boot, You won't have Network. Simply Open ROM Tool and apply essential fix and reboot to fix Network issue. If ROM Tool gives any busybox not installed error, kindly ignore it)

TweaksPro yet not available for SB1, It ill be available in few days

ROM Features

- Ad Free QS Panel Toggle
    - Reboot to recovery QS Panel Toggle
    - Native call recorder (Manual) While you are on call - click 3 dot - Record (Should work without CSC restriction)
    - Auto Call recorder without CSC restriction (ROM Tool - Mods & Fix)
    - Removed many stubs & common bloatwares (tried to preserve most functions though)
    - Removed carrier bloatwares
    - More secure OEM patch.
    - High Volume warning disabled
    - Pre fixed Titanium freezing while restoring apps
    - Probable fix for Titanium Backup schedule
    - Internet browser Secret mode
    - S Health patch for using with rooted device.
    - ROM Tool with following Options
    • Long Press Home customization : Select Device assistance as LP Home from settings, then select if you want to use it to assign to any
    • AdFree mode Enable/Disable
    • Single click install/uninstall custom fonts (on the fly)
    • YouTube Vanced Installer (No xposed requires)
      1. NonRoot - Requires MicroG to login
      2. Root - Truely alternate to Youtube, Can login to youtube without MicroG
    • You have to click on NonRoot/Root depending on your choice, then you needs to click "Install" tab and latest version of Youtube vanced will get installed.
    • StatusBar Icons
      1. Show/Hide stock battery
      2. Show/Hide 3minit battery
      3. show/hide stock clock
      4. show/hide 3minit clock
    • ROM Control - See below
    • Mods & Fix
      1. Auto Call Record
      2. Titanium backup FC fix
      3. Google Pay Fix
      4. Added camera fix (Certain users reported camera failed issue. This is reported on stock too, here is someworkaroung meanwhile samsung fix it)
      5. SafetyNet Fix
      6. Remove warning screen on bootsplash.
      7. Camera wakelock fix (stanby bettry drain fix)
    • Update & Fix
    - ROM Control (systemUI preferences)
    • Battery Bar with thickness and color option
    • Network meter with Toggle (Lt/Rt/Quick Panel/None) with color option
    PS : There may be few more options in ROM control but won't work if those are not mentioned here.

Installation Guide : (File included in ROM zip itself)
    Requirement : G998B with TWRP installed
    Download and extract zip - It have all required files. Read Installation.txt and follow to ther letter.

Known Bug/Tips/Fix

- 3 minit users can use 3minit battery paid version for free. Check this (Thanks to gharrington )

- SafetyNet Fix
    Here procedure to fix SafetyNet Passing with magisk module

1.Open Magisk module and Search "riru"
    You will find riru module, Install it.

2. Download SafetyNet fix (2.1.1 or up) from Here and install with magisk

3.Make sure Magisk Hide is enabled in magisk settings.

Reboot
    Done!

Download : DrKetanROM.com

PS : This is a fully customized ROM and for end users only, ROM or any part of ROM not allowed to redistribute,modify or to use as base to prepare new ROM.

G998B Dr.Ketan ROM

ROM Features

ROM Features varies with version of ROM. For more details, read changelog post. Link available in post #3 for changelog of all versions.
    Must read changelog for a version you are going to install, it will have latest information about features, changes, known bug list/fix and Installation guide of respective version.

Credit and Thanks :

Chainfire - Respected elite developer for supersu and his unbelievable contribution to XDA/Android community. @wanam - Respected elite developer for his awesome contribution and references to his works.

@topjohnwu for Magisk

@xperiacle the amazing developer for reference to his work and tools. @amarullz for aroma installer. @gharrington for 3minit battery and QuickLaunch.

ROM Control source and all credit and thanks goes to @daxgirl and @Wuby986 for their open source project for RomControl.

@AbrahamGC for some ideas samsungvn htcmania & 4PDA for tips and some stock apks. afaneh92 for TWRP @Arteush for bluetooth fix (losing BT pair on reboot) on Android Q @Winb33 for custom font pack

XDA devDB Information

G998B I Dr.Ketan ROM , ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra

Contributors

Dr.Ketan
    ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Stock
    ROM Firmware Required: Stock Samsung

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2021-03-15
    Installation and Download

Important :

- This will void warranty.
    - As of now you will lose Samsung Pay and Samsung Pass forever if you root once, even unrooting won't help. (hope in future we can get it working on tripped knox device)
    - OTA won't work once you root device.

Installation :

Read ChangeLog post for Installation instructions (link on post #3)

PS : Who can handle consequences of dirty flashing, they never need to ask this question in forum. If you dirty install then handle it yourself .

Download : https://drketanrom.com/

Testing R07 now (Based on July Security patch)
    If no major bug found then it will be public tomorrow.

Screenshot_20210714-021854_Settings.jpg

R05 is Online now.

Read ChangeLog here

New Installation guide packed inside ROM zip itself.