Development [CLOSED] [21.08.23] G998B I Dr.Ketan ROM I OneUI 5.1 I OneUI 4.1 I OneUI 3.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

infoenekas

Nov 6, 2014
It is already available, once you complete registering one, it gives option to add another
I mean, these conditions. Added more than 4 fingerprints.
Screenshot_20210722-231056_Settings.jpg

Ssnurzel

Mar 27, 2018
Is 'BetterBatteryStat' not too old for Android 11? It seems from 2014, coded for Android Kitkat.

paul_cherma

Apr 20, 2021
It would make sense. There are some strange issues with the latest update.

I personally experience significantly poorer battery and also something seems wrong with the storage.

Sometimes when I take pics or videos they do not appear in the gallery properly but instead as corrupted files. Then if I reboot they re-appear. Also a similar story is occurring with screenshots, when I take a screenshot I cannot edit it and it appears corrupted in the gallery until I reboot.

The 1st time I realized that kinda issue was when most of the content in my Gallery had disappeared, I opened a file explorer and it could not find the folders and photos in the DCIM. Then it all came back after I rebooted.

These issues came up with the June update.
Hey there,

How did you fix the issue of the pics disappearing? For some strange reason mine have disappeared now. I had a corrupt image file in DCIM/Camera so I moved all the pictures and videos to a new custom folder. The corrupt image file kept coming back and is still there in the default folder that camera creates (which is DCIM/Camera). But now all the pictures that I moved to the custom folder are gone, it's only videos that I am able to play and access even through a file explorer., all the pics taken with the stock camera are gone.... I have no idea where the pictures disappeared to so was wondering if there is a method you followed to get them back.

babyboy3265

Sep 20, 2012
Jupiter
Hey there,

How did you fix the issue of the pics disappearing? For some strange reason mine have disappeared now. I had a corrupt image file in DCIM/Camera so I moved all the pictures and videos to a new custom folder. The corrupt image file kept coming back and is still there in the default folder that camera creates (which is DCIM/Camera). But now all the pictures that I moved to the custom folder are gone, it's only videos that I am able to play and access even through a file explorer., all the pics taken with the stock camera are gone.... I have no idea where the pictures disappeared to so was wondering if there is a method you followed to get them back.
Well I went to the ROM TOOL and applied the Essential fix. Then rebooted. I think that is what fixed it for me. However I have not been moving any photos before doing the FIX. I do not know what may have happened to your pics now. Give it a try and see if they may re-appear.

paul_cherma

Apr 20, 2021
Well I went to the ROM TOOL and applied the Essential fix. Then rebooted. I think that is what fixed it for me. However I have not been moving any photos before doing the FIX. I do not know what may have happened to your pics now. Give it a try and see if they may re-appear.
Tried that but still nothing. Only the videos are there, no pictures at all.

paul_cherma

Apr 20, 2021
Try clearing Gallery data (It won't erase image)
I tried everything but only the videos are there, all images are gone. I tried accessing them with different file explorers , there's nothing to be found. I'm not sure how they disappeared because I didn't delete anything. Was searching earlier the Samsung forums, there's a good amount of people who have had the same issue with Samsung devices. Not sure if the storage is corrupted or what might have happened but so far I can't find the pics

paul_cherma

Apr 20, 2021
Try clearing Gallery data (It won't erase image)
I installed R07 again in hopes to fix the issue but still the pics are not showing up. @dr.ketan I see that you have mentioned something in the installation guide about int. storage might become unreadable. Do you think I might be having that issue ? Will factory resetting and installing tweaks pro fix it?

dr.ketan

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
I installed R07 again in hopes to fix the issue but still the pics are not showing up. @dr.ketan I see that you have mentioned something in the installation guide about int. storage might become unreadable. Do you think I might be having that issue ? Will factory resetting and installing tweaks pro fix it?
If you flash rom with factory reset (which preserves media files) instead of format data (which deletes everything on Int storage), all files on Int storage will be non readable (files will be there but it won't open/execute
Yes, TweaksPro have workaround for it, still it is Experimental but working for me always(Since last three version, I have installed rom with factory reset +fix only) and none other users also not reported any issue though.
Fix will work only if it happened with factory reset issue, if it happened with some other bug, it won't work. If you are not able to see files at all then your issue is different

paul_cherma

Apr 20, 2021
If you flash rom with factory reset (which preserves media files) instead of format data (which deletes everything on Int storage), all files on Int storage will be non readable (files will be there but it won't open/execute
Yes, TweaksPro have workaround for it, still it is Experimental but working for me always(Since last three version, I have installed rom with factory reset +fix only) and none other users also not reported any issue though.
Fix will work only if it happened with factory reset issue, if it happened with some other bug, it won't work. If you are not able to see files at all then your issue is different
I see, thank you for the info. I have only used the dirty flash method so maybe my issue is different.

babyboy3265

Sep 20, 2012
Jupiter
I tried everything but only the videos are there, all images are gone. I tried accessing them with different file explorers , there's nothing to be found. I'm not sure how they disappeared because I didn't delete anything. Was searching earlier the Samsung forums, there's a good amount of people who have had the same issue with Samsung devices. Not sure if the storage is corrupted or what might have happened but so far I can't find the pics
Realistically the issue you are describing seems like it was fixable easier but you tried to move the files before the "corruption" was fixed. The moving may have created some other issue entirely.

Try something else... Download a file manager like X-plore and go to the settings and turn on SHOW HIDDEN FILES. Check if you can see some strange files or folders that appear hidden.

Then you can also go to the folder you moved your files to, and press DISK MAP. Look at the size and try to understand if it makes sense. If a folder seems empty but the size it large, there must be something else there. Maybe the files became SYSTEM HIDDEN instead of normal hidden.

paul_cherma

Apr 20, 2021
Realistically the issue you are describing seems like it was fixable easier but you tried to move the files before the "corruption" was fixed. The moving may have created some other issue entirely.

Try something else... Download a file manager like X-plore and go to the settings and turn on SHOW HIDDEN FILES. Check if you can see some strange files or folders that appear hidden.

Then you can also go to the folder you moved your files to, and press DISK MAP. Look at the size and try to understand if it makes sense. If a folder seems empty but the size it large, there must be something else there. Maybe the files became SYSTEM HIDDEN instead of normal hidden.
I am using Mi-Xplorer but the JPG files are gone. Even when I turn on the "show hidden files" option. I still have that corrupted file spinning and I still can't delete it. I have many other folders with pics. in my internal storage and they are still there, they didn't "disappear" or got deleted. What is surprising the hell out of me is the fact that all the JPG pictures taken with the stock camera and GCam that were located in the original DCIM/Camera folder are gone and the videos which I recorded with Gcam and Stock camera are still there. The only way I can explain what happened is maybe the internal storage tried to fix that corrupted image that was processing continuously (and still is btw) by deleting it , and in the process, it deleted all the image files that were/came from the default DCIM/Camera folder. My mistake was moving those files within the same storage, I should have moved them to my laptop instead. I am running out of options on how to get those pics. back so I'm thinking to do a hard reset of the phone and maybe hope to get some of the pics back with some recovery software.

I remember the size of the folder where I moved the pics and videos. It used to be almost 8 GB, now it is 3.4 GB because all the pics are gone and only the videos are still there.

a link where some users have experienced the same issue with Samsung devices:

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: babyboy3265

babyboy3265

Sep 20, 2012
Jupiter
e located in the original DCIM/Camera folder are gone and the videos which I recorded with Gcam and Stock camera are still there. The only way I can explain what happened is m
I am using Mi-Xplorer but the JPG files are gone. Even when I turn on the "show hidden files" option. I still have that corrupted file spinning and I still can't delete it. I have many other folders with pics. in my internal storage and they are still there, they didn't "disappear" or got deleted. What is surprising the hell out of me is the fact that all the JPG pictures taken with the stock camera and GCam that were located in the original DCIM/Camera folder are gone and the videos which I recorded with Gcam and Stock camera are still there. The only way I can explain what happened is maybe the internal storage tried to fix that corrupted image that was processing continuously (and still is btw) by deleting it , and in the process, it deleted all the image files that were/came from the default DCIM/Camera folder. My mistake was moving those files within the same storage, I should have moved them to my laptop instead. I am running out of options on how to get those pics. back so I'm thinking to do a hard reset of the phone and maybe hope to get some of the pics back with some recovery software.

I remember the size of the folder where I moved the pics and videos. It used to be almost 8 GB, now it is 3.4 GB because all the pics are gone and only the videos are still there.

a link where some users have experienced the same issue with Samsung devices:

Tough cookie for me bud! I hope someone else here has more experience with the matter...

Could you however, try some of the higher rated recovery software from now, before you try to reset the phone?

paul_cherma

Apr 20, 2021
Tough cookie for me bud! I hope someone else here has more experience with the matter...

Could you however, try some of the higher rated recovery software from now, before you try to reset the phone?
I tried a few, they couldn't even find a single one from more than 700 pictures that disappeared. It's as if I never even took those pictures. Usually with the recovery software I can find a few of the pics that were deleted/lost but this time nothing...

paul_cherma

Apr 20, 2021
I've had issues where some photos didn't show up, and using a 3rd party app fixed it, but never heard of this issue where photos disappear.

Hope you get it sorted soon..
I think they're gone forever at this point. Even installing disk digger and doing a search with it., I was able to see that a few pics that I deleted a few months ago were restorable. But not a single one of the ones that were deleted recently come up with all the recovery softwares that I have used. it is as if I never even took those pics...

babyboy3265

Sep 20, 2012
Jupiter
I think they're gone forever at this point. Even installing disk digger and doing a search with it., I was able to see that a few pics that I deleted a few months ago were restorable. But not a single one of the ones that were deleted recently come up with all the recovery softwares that I have used. it is as if I never even took those pics...
It really sounds like as if they were moved somewhere else and not deleted...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    G998B Dr.Ketan ROM

Supported device : G998B

We do support usually 2-3 years since device launched, but yet no guarantee, We may drop support for any device / any variant/s anytime without any prior notice.

ROM Features

ROM Features varies with version of ROM. For more details, read changelog post. Link available in post #3 for changelog of all versions.
    Must read changelog for a version you are going to install, it will have latest information about features, changes, known bug list/fix and Installation guide of respective version.

Credit and Thanks :
    @Chainfire - Respected elite developer for supersu and his unbelievable contribution to XDA/Android community. @wanam - Respected elite developer for his awesome contribution and references to his works.
    @topjohnwu for Magisk
    @xperiacle the amazing developer for reference to his work and tools. @amarullz for aroma installer. @gharrington for 3minit battery and QuickLaunch.
    ROM Control source and all credit and thanks goes to @daxgirl and @Wuby986 for their open source project for RomControl.
    @AbrahamGC for some ideas samsungvn htcmania & 4PDA for tips and some stock apks.
    AbrahamGC and Anan1211 for Secure folder and s-health A12 ianmacd for TWRP @afaneh92 for TWRP, system/vendor rw scripts and modules. @Arteush for bluetooth fix (losing BT pair on reboot) on Android Q, aka_vkl for Dolby digital, kdrag0n for SafetyNet fix @Winb33 for custom font pack

XDA devDB Information

G998B I Dr.Ketan ROM , ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra

Contributors

Dr.Ketan
    ROM OS Version: Android 13
    ROM Kernel: Stock (pre-rooted). Source code (samsung) here
    ROM Firmware Required: Stock Samsung

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2021-03-15
    Installation and Download & Notes

Important :

- This will void warranty.
    - As of now you will lose Samsung Pay and Samsung Pass forever if you root once, even unrooting won't help. (hope in future we can get it working on tripped knox device)
    - OTA won't work once you root device.
    - ROM Tool permission : Files & media - To save and read files, Calendar - Tool needs some time monitoring to avoid using RT immediately after reboot. Special access for accessibility service - Since Android 12 it requires for QS panel custom Toggl e.g. Reboot to recovery

Installation :

Read ChangeLog post for Installation instructions (link on post #3)

PS : Who can handle consequences of dirty flashing, they never need to ask this question in forum. If you dirty install then handle it yourself .

Download : Link removed as project hold off. It will be live if we decide to re-open thread. Thank you for support.

Guys
    Quite busy with life, just y'day started N10 re base so first needs to complete it. Later (when time permits) will start workings on beta2. Kindly keep patience. Thanks all.
    Here some my thoughts and explanation about TWRP backup and restore

Firstly brief explanation about what does partition contains.
    • Boot : It is Kernel
    • Recovery : It is Recovery
    • super : That contains odm,product,system and vendor partitoin all togather.
    • optics : CSC files (where we routinely making changes for csc features) and network settings depending on your carrier
    • prism : carrier related apps and other stuff . In odin when you flash CSC*_ or Home_CSC* these two optics and prism gets flashed.
    • data : That is all your installed app and made changes in settings

Now what to backup/restore?
    • boot - Helps if something messed up with magisk or waht to restore kernel after flashing custom.
    • recovery - usually it doesn't require but if you flash some other recovery(TWRP) and you want to restore one in backup, that helps
    • super : As stated above these is main system, if something you have messed up in system/vendor (usually with flashing something, or erasing something) you can restore by super.img.
    • optics and prism : as explained above are CSC files, Rather than restoring it, I prefer to flash HOME_CSC*.tar.md5 to make csc compartment clean. So to backup or not not much important.
    • data : This very sensible part. I prefer to make data backup when there is no samsung a/c or Lockscreen protection there. Also don't restore it cross version of ROM. Also some common mistakes user making is, He/She clen install ROM and then restore data partiton of previous ROM. This is worst then even dirty installing ROM, never do it. It is just false sense of satisfaction that you made a clean install. According me, data partiton backup best to be made just after complete clean install ROM and setting up device without adding any account and lockscreen protection. So when you restore this backup, you will have a device just like you recently completed clean install and save your time to setup initial wizard
    Backup Application,Call logs,Contacts,SMS etc

Titanium backup was ruling for decade for these but since A11 it's not trust worthy and on A12 almost useless.
    Swift Backup is now my choice (Some other like Migrate, App dash (by RD XDA dev flar2) also alternatives)
    For contacts : I do prefer google sync. Just adding google ac everything will be restore on it's own, provided you are saving contacts in google. In case you want to make off line backup of contact, there is a built in utility in phone. Contact - settings - export - This will create a file. Similarly browse same file while you want to import contacts. Catch in this is your contact image will not retain size and it just backup thumbnail picture.
    Only one utilility I have found that makes offline contact backup without distoring image quality is My Phone Explore client (needs on both PC and Phone). Also this utility is best for wireless file manager.

Schheduled backup - A must needed utility.

I always prefer clean installation (Factory reset withot wiping media files) and really it takes less than 30 minutes to setup everything.
    If you enable schedule backup utility in your Backup app (e.g Swift backup have this) and make some profile like
    1.Backup - new app at X time then it will auto backup all app that you have new installed at given time
    2.Backup updated app at x time - This will make backup of any app that you have updated in store will backup at given time
    3.Any app which get data changes frequently and you needs data changes like whatsapp then create a profile favorite app - add whatsapp in favorite and schedule it to make backup daily at given time.

with these your device always remain ready to clean install anytime instead of last moment backup or some urgent clean install needed.

Also Folder Sync is good utility if you needs duplicate copy of files from Internal storage with scheduled operation.

Hope this may helpful and answer lots of queries for many.