[21 Nov 2011][Video Tutorial]HTC HD2: How To Install Ice Cream Sandwich - Android 4.0

Search This thread

96edwy

Mar 1, 2009
Blackpool
Hey guys, made a video tutorial on how to install ICS (Ice Cream Sandwich)
In the video i show you how to install tytungs NexusHD2 ICS ROM. I know other roms may use slightly different methods but you can modify my tutorial to work on your rom e.g. if the rom your installing tells you that you need a 250mb partition, then flash a 250mb partition instead of the 200mb one that i use in the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpuuwvZQRPI

also made a walkthrough/demo of tytungs rom
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcdeaWB-lWM

Last edited:

inf3rno1

Apr 4, 2008
Orange County
No offense, but is this really necessary? And in the development subforum? After this long in the HD2's lifecycle im sure just about everyone knows how to flash a rom, as this isn't any different to install than any other android rom. Regardless, props for trying to help people out.

Reactions: YZ

TheATHEiST

Sep 29, 2008
Hull
No offense, but is this really necessary? And in the development subforum? After this long in the HD2's lifecycle im sure just about everyone knows how to flash a rom, as this isn't any different to install than any other android rom. Regardless, props for trying to help people out.

Agreed. This is pretty pointless.

There are plenty of guides already and this isnt really specific to ICS anyway, The steps are basically same for all roms.

96edwy

Mar 1, 2009
Blackpool

There are plenty of guides already and this isnt really specific to ICS anyway, The steps are basically same for all roms.

the thing is some people actually don't know how to do it, i agree that most people should, but i get messaged all the time on my youtube channel asking how to flash stuff or asking me to help them with problems they are having flashing roms. and it may be pointless to you but if it helps a few people then its not pointless.

Fietspomp

Feb 5, 2010
Rotterdam
the thing is some people actually don't know how to do it, i agree that most people should, but i get messaged all the time on my youtube channel asking how to flash stuff or asking me to help them with problems they are having flashing roms. and it may be pointless to you but if it helps a few people then its not pointless.

Problem is people don't search anymore.
Everything about flashing can be found at the right places, shouldn't be so hard!
If you can't find it, then you're not smart enough to flash it anyway.....

It's no rocket science!

Dizzle

Apr 13, 2006
Hmmm. I think this thread although made with good intentions is unnecessary and confusing. The tiltle suggests that there's some special method of flashing ics. Clearly there isn't and there are guides tutorials all over the place (including stickies) for flashing everything.

Sent from my HTC HD2

Reactions: kypeth and scariola

denyboy

Sep 7, 2009
Sarajevo
Thans for trying to be helpfull. But really this topic is pointless.

Its standard procedure not different from any other rom. And there is no point in making tutorial for every ROM. Only difference is in recovery size, cache...etc.

arizmin

Jun 7, 2007
This is way backward and redundant, shouldn't be in dev thread, better place is in Q&A.
No offense but pls close this thread...

TheATHEiST

Sep 29, 2008
Hull
Thans for trying to be helpfull. But really this topic is pointless.

Its standard procedure not different from any other rom. And there is no point in making tutorial for every ROM. Only difference is in recovery size, cache...etc.

This is way backward and redundant, shouldn't be in dev thread, better place is in Q&A.
No offense but pls close this thread...

Agreed, not sure what the OP was thinking tbh. Is he/she/somebody else going to create a video guide for every rom even though steps are same?

TheATHEiST

Sep 29, 2008
Hull
Well at least, tytung's work has been featured on many websites, partially thanks to that video (it's a known fact that blogs prefer to add a video to a post).

Yes but that has got nothing to do with posting the said video in a dev thread. This rom does not need any special installation and is no different any other install and does not need to be in a dev forum.

96edwy

Mar 1, 2009
Blackpool
Yes but that has got nothing to do with posting the said video in a dev thread. This rom does not need any special installation and is no different any other install and does not need to be in a dev forum.

all my other tutorial vids have been posted here and there has never been a problem.

Nigeldg

Feb 25, 2011
IMO the only thing wrong with this thread is that it could cause some confusion as people may think that ICS uses a different flashing method. The thread placement is, as far as I'm concerned, fine :)

Splash01

Oct 24, 2011
Is Froyo upgradable to I.C. Sandwich?

In the video i show you how to install tytungs NexusHD2 ICS ROM. I know other roms may use slightly different methods but you can modify my tutorial to work on your rom e.g. if the rom your installing tells you that you need a 250mb partition, then flash a 250mb partition instead of the 200mb one that i use in the video.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hmmm. I think this thread although made with good intentions is unnecessary and confusing. The tiltle suggests that there's some special method of flashing ics. Clearly there isn't and there are guides tutorials all over the place (including stickies) for flashing everything.

Sent from my HTC HD2
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone