drakonizer

Retired Forum Moderator
Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */
CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo.

These are UNOFFICIAL CyanogenMod builds built using the UBER-Toolchain (refer: https://plus.google.com/+ChetKener/posts/YzMJEkzPQgp ).

FOR UNLOCKED BOOTLOADERS ONLY!

Features:
These builds are completely based on CyanogenMod sources, and contain no modification of framework from my end.

WORKING:
Mostly Everything

NOT WORKING/BUGGY:
Camera, although present, is laggy and a WIP (like all other MM ROMs)

INSTRUCTIONS
-> Backup all important files
-> Boot into recovery
-> Wipe data/Factory Reset
-> Flash ROM
-> Flash GApps (optional)
-> Reboot

DOWNLOAD:
All builds can be downloaded from my AndroidFileHost folder linked below.

ROM: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=57341
GApps: http://opengapps.org/

CHANGELOG:
Code:
[U]22-Sept-2016
-> Edited changelog after a long time :P
-> Switched to 1.3.3 branch of unified kernel
-> Using latest blobs from Sony.
-> Boot to recovery from OS finally works
-> Latest CM sources and upstream updates.
[U]07-May-2016[/U]
-> Latest v5a blobs from Sony
-> Fixed all calling and data issues.
-> Bootanimation scaling issue fixed.
-> Based off AICP tree. (Thanks to everyone who's contributed to that, especially be_mler_)

[U]11-March-2016[/U]
-> Include March security updates.
-> Latest CM Sources.
-> Fixed Recovery (CM Recovery is present now).

[U]08-March-2016[/U]
-> Initial bringup

The best way to appreciate someone's work is by pressing that Thanks button

XDA:DevDB Information
UBER-CM, ROM for the Sony Xperia Z1

Contributors
drakonizer
Source Code: https://github.com/CyanogenMod

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
ROM Firmware Required: Unlocked Bootloader
Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2016-03-08
Last Updated 2016-09-22

Last edited:

drakonizer

Retired Forum Moderator
Reserved

STATE OF CAMERA:
As you may already be knowing, camera for Sony devices on Marshmallow is not stable yet. This is because Sony has decided to go open source (as much as possible) with the camera drivers. But don't worry, we've a lot of great developers working on it, and I have no doubt it will be stable very soon. Right now, the camera in this ROM is an indication of how much we've progressed.
Camera works for most parts at the moment. With the 22nd April release of the camera binaries, the camera seems to focus perfectly.
-> The rear camera has issues with low light photography, but in good lighting, pictures are really good.
-> The front camera is stable, and you can take decent photos in good lighting.
-> Camera works only with CM's Snap Camera app. Other apps have broken previews (which means WhatsApp web, Skype, and other such apps won't work).
Test it out and see if it's good enough for you. If not, well, you have been warned.

UPDATE 22/09: The latest build breaks the camera. THE CAMERA DOES NOT WORK. If you need the camera stay away. You're free to use the old build in which camera works as mentioned above

Last edited:

drakonizer

Retired Forum Moderator
Reactions: topsecret78

topsecret78

Jan 29, 2013
Ryki
I know how to reset the phone, I forgot to do logcat. Just when I froze the night the phone later in the day time I am quickly changed the system because I was afraid that the route it gets.

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013
OnePlus 8

drakonizer

Retired Forum Moderator
I think you are mistaken. CM has not merged (or posted) any March security updates yet. See here: http://source.android.com/security/bulletin/2016-03-01.html

None of those are in CM gerrit: http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/q/cve

Please find screenshot attached.

Sent from my Xperia Z1 (AOSP) using XDA Labs

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160311-213204.png
    Screenshot_20160311-213204.png
    127.1 KB · Views: 453
Reactions: EugenStanis

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */
    CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo.

These are UNOFFICIAL CyanogenMod builds built using the UBER-Toolchain (refer: https://plus.google.com/+ChetKener/posts/YzMJEkzPQgp ).

FOR UNLOCKED BOOTLOADERS ONLY!

Features:
    These builds are completely based on CyanogenMod sources, and contain no modification of framework from my end.

WORKING:
    Mostly Everything

NOT WORKING/BUGGY:
    Camera, although present, is laggy and a WIP (like all other MM ROMs)

INSTRUCTIONS
    -> Backup all important files
    -> Boot into recovery
    -> Wipe data/Factory Reset
    -> Flash ROM
    -> Flash GApps (optional)
    -> Reboot

DOWNLOAD:
    All builds can be downloaded from my AndroidFileHost folder linked below.

ROM: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=57341
    GApps: http://opengapps.org/

CHANGELOG:
    Code:
    [U]22-Sept-2016
    -> Edited changelog after a long time :P
    -> Switched to 1.3.3 branch of unified kernel
    -> Using latest blobs from Sony.
    -> Boot to recovery from OS finally works
    -> Latest CM sources and upstream updates.
    [U]07-May-2016[/U]
    -> Latest v5a blobs from Sony
    -> Fixed all calling and data issues.
    -> Bootanimation scaling issue fixed.
    -> Based off AICP tree. (Thanks to everyone who's contributed to that, especially be_mler_)

[U]11-March-2016[/U]
    -> Include March security updates.
    -> Latest CM Sources.
    -> Fixed Recovery (CM Recovery is present now).

[U]08-March-2016[/U]
    -> Initial bringup

The best way to appreciate someone's work is by pressing that Thanks button

XDA:DevDB Information
    UBER-CM, ROM for the Sony Xperia Z1

Contributors
    drakonizer
    Source Code: https://github.com/CyanogenMod

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Unlocked Bootloader
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2016-03-08
    Last Updated 2016-09-22
    Update available!

Speaking of quiet, here's another update!
    CHANGELOG
    -> Kernel compiled with UBER-TC v5.2
    -> CM upstream changes
    -> Added the new Gello browser from CM.
    -> Update thermanager.xml as per the work by @optimumpro . Thanks to him, I think I've fixed the phone not charging issue. The phone charges all the time, but the charging indicator is bugged, and the phone fails to detect AC Power supply (phone always thinks it's charging via USB, this is a bug in all MM ROMs)

Downloads are in my AFH folder linked in the OP

Enjoy! And report any bugs that you found.
    Reserved

STATE OF CAMERA:
    As you may already be knowing, camera for Sony devices on Marshmallow is not stable yet. This is because Sony has decided to go open source (as much as possible) with the camera drivers. But don't worry, we've a lot of great developers working on it, and I have no doubt it will be stable very soon. Right now, the camera in this ROM is an indication of how much we've progressed.
    Camera works for most parts at the moment. With the 22nd April release of the camera binaries, the camera seems to focus perfectly.
    -> The rear camera has issues with low light photography, but in good lighting, pictures are really good.
    -> The front camera is stable, and you can take decent photos in good lighting.
    -> Camera works only with CM's Snap Camera app. Other apps have broken previews (which means WhatsApp web, Skype, and other such apps won't work).
    Test it out and see if it's good enough for you. If not, well, you have been warned.

UPDATE 22/09: The latest build breaks the camera. THE CAMERA DOES NOT WORK. If you need the camera stay away. You're free to use the old build in which camera works as mentioned above
    Update available!

So finally, after days of work, here's an update!

CHANGELOG:
    -> Latest v5a blobs from Sony. Camera works much better now, and in my opinion, almost a daily driver.
    -> Based on AICP device tree. Thanks to be_mler_ for his work in that tree. This was the easier way to get the new blobs to work.
    -> Latest CM sources.

Some info:
    -> be_mler_ claimed that RIL wasn't working in the latest blobs in one of his builds, but I find no such bug on my C6902 in this build (with explicitly flashed modem files). So if you come across any issue, please report, and try flashing the modem files from Sony stock ROM.
    -> After initial testing (not much) I didn't find the backlight issue, but auto-brightness is broken.
    -> Camera doesn't seem to be taking pictures in portrait.
    -> The build appears to be butter smooth and I experiences 0 lag when I was testing (no Gapps mind you)
    -> Sensors were said to be broken after the latest blobs in other devices, but they are working in this build (proximity and rotation at least). Please share any input you have on the matter.
    -> Another extremely minor bug is that the boot logo is slightly misplaced and the bootanimation is smaller than usual. No biggie.

So without further ado, here you go! https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24521665358595558

Enjoy!
    I will update the OP tomorrow, along with more details about the camera in the second post. Stay tuned! It is 12:40 AM in my country right now, so I am absolutely tired out for the day.
    Update at last!

Here's a long overdue update. There are some important changes in this build, and it's not meant for everyone, particularly, if you intend on using the camera.

-> The first important change here is that for the first time, the build is based on sony's latest 1.3.3 branch of their open devices unified kernel. This was done because development for the other branch has almost stopped, and most of the main devs develop for this branch only. Also, in order to use the newer blobs (that fix important things like the keymaster), we need this kernel. It's also using the latest blobs from Sony.
    -> An important consequence of the above change is that camera is completely broken again. If you've used Nougat, you know what state the camera of 1.3.3 kernel is in. It's useless at the moment. Which is why the latest build will not be containing the camera. Please refrain from updating if you need the camera. Posts related to this will not be tolerated.
    -> On a more positive note, booting to recovery from the OS works now, thanks to Sony's init_sony project. Full credits to everyone who's worked on that.
    -> Of course, it's built with the latest cm13.0 sources, and includes all that comes with it.
    -> The state of charging has not improved. NOTE: Charging is BUGGY not DYSFUNCTIONAL.

We've been waiting for quite some time now, for the 3.10 kernel to become stable. However, with the removal of msm8974 from AOSP and the rising number of devices in the unified kernel, interest in old devices, particularly rhine seems to be dying. Which is why I have started work on porting cm13.0 using the old 3.4 kernel. Much of the work for the kernel has been done by the folks over at the Z3 forums, only the device tree remains. The next build will be based on the 3.4 kernel, if I get it to work and as long as a miracle doesn't happen and 3.10 doesn't suddenly become stable.

Download links are in the OP. C6902 users: Please remember to flash your modem zip after flashing. If you don't know what that is, search for it. It's been mentioned multiple times around here. Please don't spam about RIL not working, if you haven't done this.