• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[22 Nov 2012][CWM] Custom Recovery for Trekstor Surftab Ventos 8

Search This thread

TheSSJ

Feb 25, 2010
OnePlus Nord
Hi,

exciting news!
I finally made it to make a bootable recovery for our beloved Trekstor ventos 8 tabs!

The usual stuff:
I don't take any responsibility if you brick your device (although I assume chances of bricking are minimal)

Pre-Requisites:
1. A Micro-SD card (<=8gb)! You could also flash it into /dev/block/mtdblock3, but I give no warranty that your tab will still boot afterwards!
The awesome advantage of using an sd card is, that no partition on our tablets will be changed at all, so noone can really see if we altered something on our tablets or not :)

Instructions:
1. Download the attached recovery file (many thanks to the slatedroid developers of the Ainol Fire section and especially ChristianTroy for the cwm base)
2. Extract the content of the archive to the root of your EXTERNAL SD Card (you should have a single file named uImage_recovery then)
3. Shutdown your tablet
4. Keep pressed the volume down button and press power on until you see the Trekstor Logo. Keep volume down pressed, though.

You should see the clockworkmod menue then.

Known bugs:
1. I want to swap the volume keys (volume+ for going down and volume- for going up)...it feels right navigating like this :D
2. Internal and external SD are swapped. This shouldn't be too hard FIXED!!!
3. The image files made by the nandroid routing are called system.ubifs.tar.a or data.ubifs.tar.a. I need to know why they don't get renamed to .tar, but I hope it's a simple configuration problem FIXED!!!

Please test and report!

P.S.: If someones looking for a CWM Recovery for the Surftab Breeze or ventos 9.7, have a look at my signature.

Greets
TheSSJ

Attachments

• CWM_ventos.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 7,392
Last edited:

Quallenauge

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 10, 2012
Surftab Breeze 7" not working

Thanks for sharing this!

I tried it on my surftab breeze but it doesn't work with them. I only managed it to go into the default recovery screen.
Maybe the surftab has another boot routine :-/
Or are there any other ways to boot the recovery from SD?

TheSSJ

Feb 25, 2010
OnePlus Nord
If the surftab is working with uImage files, too, then it shouldn't be a problem..but maybe you have just a normal recovery...if you want we can work together to get a CWM running on your tab...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

exciting news!
    I finally made it to make a bootable recovery for our beloved Trekstor ventos 8 tabs!

The usual stuff:
    I don't take any responsibility if you brick your device (although I assume chances of bricking are minimal)

Pre-Requisites:
    1. A Micro-SD card (<=8gb)! You could also flash it into /dev/block/mtdblock3, but I give no warranty that your tab will still boot afterwards!
    The awesome advantage of using an sd card is, that no partition on our tablets will be changed at all, so noone can really see if we altered something on our tablets or not :)

Instructions:
    1. Download the attached recovery file (many thanks to the slatedroid developers of the Ainol Fire section and especially ChristianTroy for the cwm base)
    2. Extract the content of the archive to the root of your EXTERNAL SD Card (you should have a single file named uImage_recovery then)
    3. Shutdown your tablet
    4. Keep pressed the volume down button and press power on until you see the Trekstor Logo. Keep volume down pressed, though.

You should see the clockworkmod menue then.

Known bugs:
    1. I want to swap the volume keys (volume+ for going down and volume- for going up)...it feels right navigating like this :D
    2. Internal and external SD are swapped. This shouldn't be too hard FIXED!!!
    3. The image files made by the nandroid routing are called system.ubifs.tar.a or data.ubifs.tar.a. I need to know why they don't get renamed to .tar, but I hope it's a simple configuration problem FIXED!!!

Please test and report!

P.S.: If someones looking for a CWM Recovery for the Surftab Breeze or ventos 9.7, have a look at my signature.

Greets
    TheSSJ