[23.04.22] [OneUI 2.5] N960F_DS_N I Dr.Ketan ROM I SecureFolder I SPay (Gear) I Dex

Search This thread

jult

Apr 22, 2011
Amsterdam, NL, EU
jult.net
Abandoned??? But why??? There r even so android 12 roms! Ill cry if it's true! Yes, it is my second daily phone which i can still use and gives me a lot of help and pleasure, and for many this is first and only daily to use device! Smrc 😢
Yes, it's horrible. This industry assumes everyone to cough up $1000 every couple of years, and the old ones are thrown in the garbage. XDA used to have up-to-date fine-tuned reliable ROMs for phones that were almost 9 years old. People have given up on these things I guess. Actually, I think it's deeper than that; They're giving up on the future of planet earth altogether.

Reactions: RamHa

RamHa

Yes, it's horrible. This industry assumes everyone to cough up $1000 every couple of years, and the old ones are thrown in the garbage. XDA used to have up-to-date fine-tuned reliable ROMs for phones that were almost 9 years old. People have given up on these things I guess. Actually, I think it's deeper than that; They're giving up on the future of planet earth altogether.
Exactly, i thought and thinking almost the same! Sometimes( and, that's to often) i think that Mr Smith was right about our species!

I'm facing this error message while updating to latest magisk:

! Boot image extra was patched by old (unsupported)
Magisk
! Please try again with *unpatched* boot image
Unmounting partitions

Screenshot_2022-09-11-22-09-32.png

@dr.ketan please help. Thanks. 🙏

Samzydon

Sep 16, 2022
I am currently using the Dr Ketan ROM on my Note 9 N960N. The ROM turned it into an N960F. Now, I want to flash stock ROM Android 10, but I am worried I won't be able to get the option to unlock my boot loader again if I do.

Can anybody clarify on this?

azraelcelt

Mar 19, 2013
Christchurch
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Just wondering if there will be any updates to this rom in the future ?

It would be nice to get new features etc but am mainly hoping for security improvements above all else,

will be sitting on android 10 and this device till covid is done and dusted if it ever will be due to iris unlock + face masks

holunder

Sep 18, 2014
Tübingen
Just wondering if there will be any updates to this rom in the future ?

It would be nice to get new features etc but am mainly hoping for security improvements above all else,

will be sitting on android 10 and this device till covid is done and dusted if it ever will be due to iris unlock + face masks
Dr. Ketan’s ROM is based upon the official Samsung ROM for the Note 9, which hasn’t received any updates since spring of 2022. But you can migrate to another ROM, for example "Noble ROM" by AlexisXDA, which is based upon the official ROM for the Note 10+, which still gets updates: https://xdaforums.com/t/noble-rom-2...-09-2022-sm-n960f-fd-n-sm-g96xf-fd-n.4244747/
I haven’t tested this by myself at this point, dirty flashing over Dr. Ketan’s ROM probably won’t work, so you need to completely wipe your device.

azraelcelt

Mar 19, 2013
Christchurch
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Dr. Ketan’s ROM is based upon the official Samsung ROM for the Note 9, which hasn’t received any updates since spring of 2022. But you can migrate to another ROM, for example "Noble ROM" by AlexisXDA, which is based upon the official ROM for the Note 10+, which still gets updates: https://xdaforums.com/t/noble-rom-2...-09-2022-sm-n960f-fd-n-sm-g96xf-fd-n.4244747/
I haven’t tested this by myself at this point, dirty flashing over Dr. Ketan’s ROM probably won’t work, so you need to completely wipe your device.
have you checked Noble Rom's bugs list at all ? the one thing I want in a rom is the only thing that will never be fixed in his rom and probably be the same for any newer rom seems FaceID is the preferred unlock if only because its fast and easy and made for dummies like iphones

holunder

Sep 18, 2014
Tübingen
have you checked Noble Rom's bugs list at all ? the one thing I want in a rom is the only thing that will never be fixed in his rom and probably be the same for any newer rom seems FaceID is the preferred unlock if only because its fast and easy and made for dummies like iphones
Iris scanner? No thanks, I prefer to not point the laser beams to my eyes. There still is the fingerprint sensor. If this is your only argument against an up to date ROM alternative with *security patches* and Android 12, I’m sorry.

cosmos2022

Oct 4, 2022
I wanted to ask something doest banking apps working in this rom? I know about some tricks but those doesnt work liek (hide magisk, freeze the magisk, using magisk script and else).

Have00

May 15, 2022
Can any one help me regards to streaming netflix HD stream
I'm stuck on wide vine l3
Only option available in netflix streaming is SD content

I have tried magisk l1 patch module but still no luck
Please help
Thanks

QasimHamdani

Apr 29, 2021
20221119_193959.jpg
Ever since I downloaded a custom ROM after that the problem happened note 960f model Let me know in the comments if you find any issues

salmanateeq

Aug 31, 2012
Lahore
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
I was using the PIE version of this rom since 3 years without any problems and didn't feel the need upgrade.

Yesterday, i decided to upgrade to Q19 just for the sake of it but ended up in a bootloop. Now since my phone was originally N960N, i flashed the latest BL and CP from the N version so that the rom would boot.

Now the rom DID BOOT although i have LIMITED SERVICE on my sim network now. The rest of the phone is running flawlessly.

Can somebody tell me what may cause this issue and how to fix it? I would really appreciate it because sim network is vital for me

Last edited:

salmanateeq

Aug 31, 2012
Lahore
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
View attachment 5765651Ever since I downloaded a custom ROM after that the problem happened note 960f model Let me know in the comments if you find any issues
It appears you re-locked your phone, now your custom ROM will not boot.

Download the original firmware of the phone from sammobile.com or samfw.com and flash it through ODIN after putting the phone in DOWNLOAD mode.

Once your stock rom boots up, enable developer options and unlock bootloader once more.

From there, put the phone in DOWNLOAD mode once more, flash TWRP recovery, boot into recovery and install the custom rom once more

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    N960F/FD Dr.Ketan ROM DeKnoxed

ROM features

Features may vary depend on ROM version. Read changelog post for latest update and features of current version.

Credit and Thanks :
    @Chainfire - Respected elite developer for supersu and his unbelievable contribution to XDA/Android community. @wanam - Respected elite developer for his awesome contribution and references to his works.
    @topjohnwu for Magisk
    @xperiacle the amazing developer for reference to his work and tools. @gharrington for 3minit battery and QuickLaunch.
    ROM Control source and all credit and thanks goes to @daxgirl and @Wuby986 for their open source project for RomControl.
    @Tkkg1994 for his permissive kernel @AbrahamGC for some ideas @frap129 for Spectrum app. samsungvn htcmania & 4PDA for tips and some stock apks. khongloi113 for secure folder guide kdrag0n for SafetyNet fix

XDA:DevDB Information
    Dr.Ketan ROM, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 9

Contributors
    dr.ketan
    ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Stock (pre-rooted). Source code (samsung) here

Version Information

Created 2018-08-26
    Last Updated 2020-08-15
    Installation and Download

Important :

- This will void warranty.
    - As of now you will lose Samsung Pay and Secure folder forever if you root once, even unrooting won't help. (hope in future we can get it working on tripped knox device)
    - OTA likely won't work once you root device.

Installation :

If you are on stock ROM/Recovery, follow below said steps

1.Enable Developer Option (settings - about phone - Software information - Tap 7 times on build number to activate developer option in settings menu)
    2.Enable OEM Unlock from developer option (If you don't have this option then read this you can't flash ROM before this option available.)
    3.Download and copy ROM File to Ext SD card, Use ES file/Root explorer or any similar to check MD5, it should be match with provided in download section.
    4.Download TWRP
    5.Switch Off device
    6.Press Vol down + Bixby and then connect device to PC to reboot to download mode, press volume up when asked to continue to download mode
    7.Download Odin and open it, Disable 'Auto reboot' from option menu of Odin
    8.Select TWRP (tar image) with AP tab of Odin and Start
    9.Once Successfully flashed, you will see 'Passed' in Odin tab
    10.Disconnect device and hold Vol down + power till screen goes off, Now immediately press Vol Up + Bixby + Power to reboot to TWRP
    11.Select to allow modification
    12.From TWRP, Select WIPE menu - Then FORMAT DATA - You need to type 'yes' to perform wipe. WARNING : This will erase all data including Int SD storage from device
    13.Once format device completes, go back and select REBOOT' Menu and then - 'RECOVERY', This will reboot to TWRP again
    14.Now select Install and navigate path to Ext SD card - ROM zip file, you have copied earlier
    15.Read installation instruction of ChangeLog post for vendor.img It may be available inside ROM zip or may need to flash separately, depending on version of ROM
    15.Let device boot, and read ROM specific Instructions below.

If you are on CWM recovery and custom ROM already, Follow below said steps.

1.Download ROM zip and place on Int Storage/Ext SD and check MD5
    2.Reboot to recovery and select factory reset and flash ROM zip you have copied in step 1.
    3.Let device boot,Read ROM specific instructions below.

Some ROM specific instructions

1. On boot, you will see a notification about don't use any app that requires root, wait till that notification to disappear. This issue explained in MustRead.txt file in download area. Also after first boot, wait for ROM Tool to open, it will provide option for some important fix.

2. ROM doesn't have any CSC included as now csc have separate partition (ODM). ROM will not erase/flash/modify files inside odm partition it and you will have your existing CSC even after flashing a ROM

3.Vendor partition may be included in ROM or available separately (Read changelog of version you are installing) .It is recommended to flash it specifically you are on different base.

4.Since Pie version, OEM is pre-fixed with kernel patch and after flashing ROM, you may find OEM option in developer settings but it will be disable, it is actually because of hack/fix applied. In real case if it is disabled then you may not able to boot rom with TWRP. Simply ignore it.

Read ChangeLog of ROM you are going to flash for any specific instructions. Link to changelog is available in next post below.

Can I dirty flash (without factory reset) ROM? No, We don't recommend it. If you are able to handle consequences with dirty flash then proceed, but don't post bugs in forum without clean installing ROM.
    PS : Who can handle consequences of dirty flashing, they never need to ask this question in forum. ;)

For Encryption - Read This

Download : https://drketanrom.com/

Instructions provided above are for latest version of ROM only, on previous versions of ROM it may or may not be same, we recommend to flash latest ROM only.

How to report bugs/Issue?
    To report issue, you needs to provide following informations, else it will be ignored. Also if your query is already mentioned on OP/ChangeLogg post, it will be ignored.
    1.ROM build number.
    2.Dirty/Clean Install. - If you have dirty installed, Then first clean install and report if issue persists.
    3.Bug/Issue appears right after installing or later?
    4.How to reproduce error.
    5.Is there any same reports there on thread on your searching?
    6.Is there any mention about same bug on OP or changeLog post?
    7.Logs - Attach logs here/Upload to other places where it can be downloaded without registration and doesn't have ad (we recommend dropbox/Gdrive) and post link.

ChangeLog

Oreo
    - O1 - 26.08.2018 - Initial release
    - O1_New - 26.08.2018 - Vendor no more flashing from Aroma. Read above Installation guide for Vendor flashing with Odin.
    - O2 - 28.08.2018
    - O3 - 09.09.2018
    - O4 - 30.09.2018
    - O5 - 12.10.2018
    - O6 - 12.10.2018
    - O7 - 11.11.2018
    - O8 - 25.11.2018

Pie Beta
    - P01 - 05.12.2018
    - P02 - 15.12.2018
    - P03 - 30.01.2018
    - P04 - 01.01.2019

Pie Official
    - P05 - 14.01.2019
    - P06 - 22.02.2019
    - P07 - 01.03.2019
    - P08 - 10.03.2019
    - P09 - 14.03.2019
    - P10 - 20.04.2019
    - P11 - 18.05.2019
    - P12 - 09.07.2019
    - P13 - 26.07.2019
    - P14 - 24.09.2019
    - P15 - 08.11.2019

Android 10 (Beta)
    - Q01 - 23.11.2019
    - Q02 - 28.11.2019

Android 10 (Stable)
    - Q03 - 05.01.2020
    - Q04 - 05.02.2020
    - Q05 - 16.05.2020

OneUI 2.1

- Q06 - 11.06.2020
    - Q07 - 11.07.2020
    - Q08 - 15.08.2020
    - Q09 - 16.09.2020

OneUi 2.5

- Q10 - 17.10.2020
    - Q11 - 14.11.2020

- Q12 - 12.12.2020
    - Q13 - 12.01.2021
    - Q14 - 21.02.2021
    - Q15 - 03.04.2021
    - Q16 - 30.05.2021
    - Q17 - 27.07.2021
    - Q18 - 25.11.2021
    - Q19 - 23.04.2022

How to report bugs/Issue?
    To report issue, you needs to provide following informations, else it will be ignored
    1.ROM build number.
    2.Dirty/Clean Install. - If you have dirty installed, Then first clean install and report if issue persists.
    3.Bug/Issue appears right after installing or later?
    4.How to reproduce error.
    5.Is there any same reports there on thread on your searching?
    6.Is there any mention about same bug on OP or changeLog post?
    7.Logs
    Hello guys
    It's been first time I couldn't visit xda for about a week since last few years. I have planned update last week but couldn't. As we know life have some priorities, and xda is not on top so hope you can understand. Trying my best to come back but yet unable to give date. May this disappointing for some but hopefully you will try to understand.
    Thanks in advance for understanding and keeping patience.
    Again sorry for delay.
    Regards
    Dr.Ketan
    Dear friends,
    When whole world is fighting against corona, being a doctor, my service is more important to my society and my country as doctor, till our fight end, I am taking leave from android development.
    Wishing you and all a healthy life.
    Take care,
    Regards
    Dr.Ketan.