[23.04.22] [OneUI 2.5] N960F_DS_N I Dr.Ketan ROM I SecureFolder I SPay (Gear) I Dex

Search This thread

johnpower01

Feb 19, 2017
hi everyone... this morning i found my phone in twrp 3.2.3-0 screen... following is what i tried to boot into system

1. swipe to unlock
2. choose reboot option
3. choose system option

after system reboot... it first shows samsung galaxy note9 boot logo, then samsung logo for a couple of minutes, automatically reboot itself again for the second and third time and ended up in twrp screen again....

i have been on "N960_F_DS_N_DrKetan_custom_ROM_Q18" for several months now...

i would appreciate if someone could help me out getting back into system.... TIA and cheers....

in addition, in twrp, i have also tried rebooting using "power of", "recovery" option and ended up in twrp again...

++++++++++

update 1... tried deleting all magisk modules... Back to TWRP recovery... Failed to boot into system...
update 2... tried reflashing bootloader "BL_N960FXXU9FUJ2_CP_N960FXXU9FUJ2" with odin... Back to TWRP recovery... Failed to boot into system...

++++++++++

Last edited:

dr.ketan

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Capture.PNG

Thank you so much @dr.ketan. I got Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G as well but I have decided to keep it unrooted so that i can rely on it for banking apps and specially samsung pass and Spay. I love both of them. Android Devs are challenging us time and again by detecting root which stops us to use some of the banking apps when needed.
So I will keep using Note 9 for root related features and Note 20 for secure apps. I still find it full of features.
Thanks for all your hardwork for keeping our Note 9 Alive and up to date. 🙏🏻

Reactions: Marouane_A

dr.ketan

Thank you so much @dr.ketan. I got Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G as well but I have decided to keep it unrooted so that i can rely on it for banking apps and specially samsung pass and Spay. I love both of them. Android Devs are challenging us time and again by detecting root which stops us to use some of the banking apps when needed.
So I will keep using Note 9 for root related features and Note 20 for secure apps. I still find it full of features.
Thanks for all your hardwork for keeping our Note 9 Alive and up to date. 🙏🏻
What is issue with Google pay & Google password ? both are best alternative to samsung pass & pay.

What is issue with Google pay & Google password ? both are best alternative to samsung pass & pay.
There are some basic differences between both like I can add cards on SPay and use NFC tap to pay but nothing major that we can say is show stopper, this is why I was happy with both the alternatives on my rooted N9 for over 2 years.
Major reason of switch is this crazy root detection stuff from Google. Have tried everything but a couple of banking apps can still detect root and are unusable for me with Zygisk and hidemyapp too.

dr.ketan

ChangeLog Q19

• Based on N960FXXU9FVC2 Feb 22 security patch
  • Magisk (Zygisk) updatd to stable 24.3
  • ROM Tool on essential fix auto setup zygisk including SafetyNet fix (Read setting up ROM below)
  • Essntial fix will offer to Install SafetyNet checker,LSposed and Fox Module manager. (Rad below for more info)
  • All the other mods & ROM Fetures of previous version will remain same
Important Instructions for setting up ROM (NEW)

In case clean installing ROM
  • On first boot, open magisk and complete the additional setings if asked for, else exit the magisk app. (Don't setup any option in magisk now)
  • Then open ROM Tool, Apply essential fix and Reboot,
  • After reboot you can check SafetyNet and should be passed. You can use this app from playstore or This from Github to check SafetyNet (Applying ROM Tool Essential fix will offer to install this app)
  • Now you can further setup ROM a per your liking. Also MagikHide is Configure Denylist now and available under Magisk Settings.
  • Since A12 Stable Magisk not working and new Magisk doesn't have buil-in Module repo, You can get standalone module manager from here For more details and queries about new magisk ref this (Applying ROM Tool Essential fix will offer to install this app)
- In case dirty install (You can try if you are on DrKetan ROM previous version but we DO NOT RECOMMENDED)
  • Clear ROM Tool data
  • Before installing ROM, uninstall all magisk modules and Magisk manager from app drawer
  • After ROM installation, update Magisk from installed stub or download Magisk 24.3 from Magisk release page
  • Then Follow above instruction for clean installation
  • In case you have any issue after dirty install, don't post queries on thread, we don't support dirty install, simply go with clean install.
PS : Plz don't install any other mods for SafetyNet, All queries related to Magisk/SafetyNet will be ignored if already explained above

Pro user must update to 3.0.8 or up and must read changelog.

ROM Features

- Based on Android Q official stable version.
- DEX supported (Dex on PC)
- S20 Live Caption
- S Pay with Gear wearable (Only supported models) - Provided you have installed required packages and hidden 'pay' stuff with magisk hide.
- Included stock enforcing kernel
- Reduced call disconnect delay.
- High Volume warning disabled
- Denoxed with minimally debloated (tried to preserve most functions though)
- Reboot to recovery QS panel toggle.
- Reboot to recovery in stock PowerMenu
- 3minit battery & Clock (Aroma Select)
- Bixby Routines (Aroma selectable)
- Dual SIM + SD support
- Added some important samsung stuff
  1. Calculator
  2. Music
- Titanium Backup (aroma selectable)
- Probable fix for Titanium Backup schedule
- Titanium freezing issue Fix
- Internet browser Secret mode
- S Health patched for using with rooted device.
- ROM Tool with following options
  • Ad-Free Quick Panel Toggles
  • NavigationBar heights on the fly (Smaller/Stock)
  • Long Press Home customization : Select Device assistance as LP Home from settings, then select if you want to use it to assign to any available app/service), You can reset choice from ROM control
  • Scloud - As this is major battery killer, You ca enable/disable anytime from ROM control
  • Viper Installer : Single click Viper sound mode on the fly (No reboot requires) with following options
    1. New version 2.7.16
    2. Old Version 2.5.05
    3. Uninstall Viper
  • Custom Fonts installer : Single click Install/Uninstall > 1K custom fonts on the go (No reboots requires)
  • Vanced youtube installer : Single click installer for Youtube vanced with following options

1. Vanced Non root version : Requires MicroG to login to youtube
    2. Rooted version : This is exact same app like YouTube and NO MicroG is required to login. As this is same app, you needs to disable youtube updates in play store. (Root version is recommended)
  • ROM Control - See below for more details
  • StatusBar Icons icon
  • Good Lock (for non supported CSC)

For Sock battery & Clock user
    1. Extended statusbar clock with seconds
    2. Show/Hide Native network meter with grey tint Rt side
    3. Show only battery percent
  • For minit battery/Clock users
    1. Show/Hide stock battery
    2. Show/Hide 3minit battery
    3. Show/Hide Stock clock
    4. Show/Hide 3minit clock
  • Mods & Fix
    1. Netflix/Optus sport fix
    2. Auto Call Record (Without CSC features)
    3. Force mode ROM Tool (Read BT Fix below)
    4. Titanium Backup Fix - Certain times Titanium Backup causing FC and unable to fix it even after uninstalling/Reinstalling it. In this case this fix will be useful. Though very rarely this fix requires (even on stock ROM too and have nothing to do with ROM but just provided in case it requires.)
    5. SeLinux mode changer on the fly (Requires custom kernel)
    6. Google Pay Fix
    7. Amazon Prime / Netflix HD fix
    8. GoodLock fix (If GoodLock preference resetting on reboot)
  • Biometrics on Reboot. If you want to login bank app/Paypal with fingerprint, you need to disable this.
  • Update & Fix section
ROM Control Features
  • Battery Bar with thickness and color option
  • Network meter with Toggle (Lt/Rt/Quick Panel/None) with color option
  • Virtual Key with Toggle (Lt side - Menu, Rt side - Power, Centre - Home)
  • Double tap statusbar to sleep

PS : There may be few more options will be there but won't work if those are not mentioned here.

Important : ROM file will remain same for N960F/DS/N, but during installation you have to select CSC files according your device variant and Bootloader files also you needs to download according device variant

Installation Guide - (Read carefully)

- Backup data including Int storage (Mostly wiping It storage will not require but in case needed) and place to PC/Ext Storage
- If you are on stock Pie (Android 9.0) ROM then first update to Stock Q ROM
- If you are on stock Q ROM then first Install TWRP and root (see Gen thread for rooting guide)
I have tested only on official TWRP
- If you are on custom Pie based ROM, We recommend to first flash stock Q ROM and flash TWRP - Format Data (Full wipe that requires to type 'yes' to confirm)
- If you are already on custom ROM Q (Provided you have previously flashed Stock Q ROM and after that never flash stock Pie again) with TWRP, make sure you are having same TWRP as said above
- Download N960_F_DS_DrKetan_custom_ROM_Q0*.zip and MD5 file, Copy ROM zip to Ext SD card/OTG. Use Root Explorer or similar and from device itself check MD5 of ROM and confirm it matches with mention on MD5 file
- Reboot to TWRP and select to wipe data (simple factory reset) should be fine
- Flash ROM zip and must select ROM,and Vendor, all other option from aroma are optional.
- Let it to finish, it may take about 8-10 minutes to finish
- Reboot to download mode & Flash Android Q Bootloader and modem
- Reboot to system
- Let it to reboot and it should boot normally now. In case not then I recommend to Format device (One which required to type 'yes') and then again flash ROM as said above. No need to re flash bootloader again.

Now read below bug and tip section

Bugs,Fix & Tips

- 3 minit users can use 3minit battery paid version for free. Check this (Thanks to gharrington )

PS : This is a fully customized ROM and for end users only, ROM or any part of ROM not allowed to redistribute,modify or to use as base to prepare new ROM.

How to report bugs/Issue?
To report issue, you needs to provide following informations, else it will be ignored. Also if your query is already mentioned on OP/ChangeLog post, it will be ignored.
1.ROM build number.
2.Dirty/Clean Install. - If you have dirty installed, Then first clean install and report if issue persists.
3.Bug/Issue appears right after installing or later?
4.How to reproduce error.
5.Is there any same reports there on thread on your searching?
6.Is there any mention about same bug on OP or changeLog post?
7.Logs - Attach logs here/Upload to other places where it can be downloaded without registration and doesn't have ad (we recommend dropbox/Gdrive) and post link.

Last edited:

marjunsyakir

Jul 14, 2013
ChangeLog Q19

• Based on N960FXXU9FVC2 Feb 22 security patch
  • Magisk (Zygisk) updatd to stable 24.3
  • ROM Tool on essential fix auto setup zygisk including SafetyNet fix (Read setting up ROM below)
  • Essntial fix will offer to Install SafetyNet checker,LSposed and Fox Module manager. (Rad below for more info)
  • All the other mods & ROM Fetures of previous version will remain same
Important Instructions for setting up ROM (NEW)

In case clean installing ROM
  • On first boot, open magisk and complete the additional setings if asked for, else exit the magisk app. (Don't setup any option in magisk now)
  • Then open ROM Tool, Apply essential fix and Reboot,
  • After reboot you can check SafetyNet and should be passed. You can use this app from playstore or This from Github to check SafetyNet (Applying ROM Tool Essential fix will offer to install this app)
  • Now you can further setup ROM a per your liking. Also MagikHide is Configure Denylist now and available under Magisk Settings.
  • Since A12 Stable Magisk not working and new Magisk doesn't have buil-in Module repo, You can get standalone module manager from here For more details and queries about new magisk ref this (Applying ROM Tool Essential fix will offer to install this app)
- In case dirty install (You can try if you are on DrKetan ROM previous version but we DO NOT RECOMMENDED)
  • Clear ROM Tool data
  • Before installing ROM, uninstall all magisk modules and Magisk manager from app drawer
  • After ROM installation, update Magisk from installed stub
  • Then Follow above instruction for clean installation
  • In case you have any issue after dirty install, don't post queries on thread, we don't support dirty install, simply go with clean install.
PS : Plz don't install any other mods for SafetyNet, All queries related to Magisk/SafetyNet will be ignored if already explained above

Pro user must update to 3.0.8 or up and must read changelog.

ROM Features

- Based on Android Q official stable version.
- DEX supported (Dex on PC)
- S20 Live Caption
- S Pay with Gear wearable (Only supported models) - Provided you have installed required packages and hidden 'pay' stuff with magisk hide.
- Included stock enforcing kernel
- Reduced call disconnect delay.
- High Volume warning disabled
- Denoxed with minimally debloated (tried to preserve most functions though)
- Reboot to recovery QS panel toggle.
- Reboot to recovery in stock PowerMenu
- 3minit battery & Clock (Aroma Select)
- Bixby Routines (Aroma selectable)
- Dual SIM + SD support
- Added some important samsung stuff
  1. Calculator
  2. Music
- Titanium Backup (aroma selectable)
- Probable fix for Titanium Backup schedule
- Titanium freezing issue Fix
- Internet browser Secret mode
- S Health patched for using with rooted device.
- ROM Tool with following options
  • Ad-Free Quick Panel Toggles
  • NavigationBar heights on the fly (Smaller/Stock)
  • Long Press Home customization : Select Device assistance as LP Home from settings, then select if you want to use it to assign to any available app/service), You can reset choice from ROM control
  • Scloud - As this is major battery killer, You ca enable/disable anytime from ROM control
  • Viper Installer : Single click Viper sound mode on the fly (No reboot requires) with following options
    1. New version 2.7.16
    2. Old Version 2.5.05
    3. Uninstall Viper
  • Custom Fonts installer : Single click Install/Uninstall > 1K custom fonts on the go (No reboots requires)
  • Vanced youtube installer : Single click installer for Youtube vanced with following options

1. Vanced Non root version : Requires MicroG to login to youtube
    2. Rooted version : This is exact same app like YouTube and NO MicroG is required to login. As this is same app, you needs to disable youtube updates in play store. (Root version is recommended)
  • ROM Control - See below for more details
  • StatusBar Icons icon
  • Good Lock (for non supported CSC)

For Sock battery & Clock user
    1. Extended statusbar clock with seconds
    2. Show/Hide Native network meter with grey tint Rt side
    3. Show only battery percent
  • For minit battery/Clock users
    1. Show/Hide stock battery
    2. Show/Hide 3minit battery
    3. Show/Hide Stock clock
    4. Show/Hide 3minit clock
  • Mods & Fix
    1. Netflix/Optus sport fix
    2. Auto Call Record (Without CSC features)
    3. Force mode ROM Tool (Read BT Fix below)
    4. Titanium Backup Fix - Certain times Titanium Backup causing FC and unable to fix it even after uninstalling/Reinstalling it. In this case this fix will be useful. Though very rarely this fix requires (even on stock ROM too and have nothing to do with ROM but just provided in case it requires.)
    5. SeLinux mode changer on the fly (Requires custom kernel)
    6. Google Pay Fix
    7. Amazon Prime / Netflix HD fix
    8. GoodLock fix (If GoodLock preference resetting on reboot)
  • Biometrics on Reboot. If you want to login bank app/Paypal with fingerprint, you need to disable this.
  • Update & Fix section
ROM Control Features
  • Battery Bar with thickness and color option
  • Network meter with Toggle (Lt/Rt/Quick Panel/None) with color option
  • Virtual Key with Toggle (Lt side - Menu, Rt side - Power, Centre - Home)
  • Double tap statusbar to sleep

PS : There may be few more options will be there but won't work if those are not mentioned here.

Important : ROM file will remain same for N960F/DS/N, but during installation you have to select CSC files according your device variant and Bootloader files also you needs to download according device variant

Installation Guide - (Read carefully)

- Backup data including Int storage (Mostly wiping It storage will not require but in case needed) and place to PC/Ext Storage
- If you are on stock Pie (Android 9.0) ROM then first update to Stock Q ROM
- If you are on stock Q ROM then first Install TWRP and root (see Gen thread for rooting guide)
I have tested only on official TWRP
- If you are on custom Pie based ROM, We recommend to first flash stock Q ROM and flash TWRP - Format Data (Full wipe that requires to type 'yes' to confirm)
- If you are already on custom ROM Q (Provided you have previously flashed Stock Q ROM and after that never flash stock Pie again) with TWRP, make sure you are having same TWRP as said above
- Download N960_F_DS_DrKetan_custom_ROM_Q0*.zip and MD5 file, Copy ROM zip to Ext SD card/OTG. Use Root Explorer or similar and from device itself check MD5 of ROM and confirm it matches with mention on MD5 file
- Reboot to TWRP and select to wipe data (simple factory reset) should be fine
- Flash ROM zip and must select ROM,and Vendor, all other option from aroma are optional.
- Let it to finish, it may take about 8-10 minutes to finish
- Reboot to download mode & Flash Android Q Bootloader and modem
- Reboot to system
- Let it to reboot and it should boot normally now. In case not then I recommend to Format device (One which required to type 'yes') and then again flash ROM as said above. No need to re flash bootloader again.

Now read below bug and tip section

Bugs,Fix & Tips

- 3 minit users can use 3minit battery paid version for free. Check this (Thanks to gharrington )

PS : This is a fully customized ROM and for end users only, ROM or any part of ROM not allowed to redistribute,modify or to use as base to prepare new ROM.
Thanks doc...🙏

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    N960F/FD Dr.Ketan ROM DeKnoxed

ROM features

Features may vary depend on ROM version. Read changelog post for latest update and features of current version.

Credit and Thanks :
    @Chainfire - Respected elite developer for supersu and his unbelievable contribution to XDA/Android community. @wanam - Respected elite developer for his awesome contribution and references to his works.
    @topjohnwu for Magisk
    @xperiacle the amazing developer for reference to his work and tools. @gharrington for 3minit battery and QuickLaunch.
    ROM Control source and all credit and thanks goes to @daxgirl and @Wuby986 for their open source project for RomControl.
    @Tkkg1994 for his permissive kernel @AbrahamGC for some ideas @frap129 for Spectrum app. samsungvn htcmania & 4PDA for tips and some stock apks. khongloi113 for secure folder guide kdrag0n for SafetyNet fix

XDA:DevDB Information
    Dr.Ketan ROM, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 9

Contributors
    dr.ketan
    ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Stock (pre-rooted). Source code (samsung) here

Version Information

Created 2018-08-26
    Last Updated 2020-08-15
    Installation and Download

Important :

- This will void warranty.
    - As of now you will lose Samsung Pay and Secure folder forever if you root once, even unrooting won't help. (hope in future we can get it working on tripped knox device)
    - OTA likely won't work once you root device.

Installation :

If you are on stock ROM/Recovery, follow below said steps

1.Enable Developer Option (settings - about phone - Software information - Tap 7 times on build number to activate developer option in settings menu)
    2.Enable OEM Unlock from developer option (If you don't have this option then read this you can't flash ROM before this option available.)
    3.Download and copy ROM File to Ext SD card, Use ES file/Root explorer or any similar to check MD5, it should be match with provided in download section.
    4.Download TWRP
    5.Switch Off device
    6.Press Vol down + Bixby and then connect device to PC to reboot to download mode, press volume up when asked to continue to download mode
    7.Download Odin and open it, Disable 'Auto reboot' from option menu of Odin
    8.Select TWRP (tar image) with AP tab of Odin and Start
    9.Once Successfully flashed, you will see 'Passed' in Odin tab
    10.Disconnect device and hold Vol down + power till screen goes off, Now immediately press Vol Up + Bixby + Power to reboot to TWRP
    11.Select to allow modification
    12.From TWRP, Select WIPE menu - Then FORMAT DATA - You need to type 'yes' to perform wipe. WARNING : This will erase all data including Int SD storage from device
    13.Once format device completes, go back and select REBOOT' Menu and then - 'RECOVERY', This will reboot to TWRP again
    14.Now select Install and navigate path to Ext SD card - ROM zip file, you have copied earlier
    15.Read installation instruction of ChangeLog post for vendor.img It may be available inside ROM zip or may need to flash separately, depending on version of ROM
    15.Let device boot, and read ROM specific Instructions below.

If you are on CWM recovery and custom ROM already, Follow below said steps.

1.Download ROM zip and place on Int Storage/Ext SD and check MD5
    2.Reboot to recovery and select factory reset and flash ROM zip you have copied in step 1.
    3.Let device boot,Read ROM specific instructions below.

Some ROM specific instructions

1. On boot, you will see a notification about don't use any app that requires root, wait till that notification to disappear. This issue explained in MustRead.txt file in download area. Also after first boot, wait for ROM Tool to open, it will provide option for some important fix.

2. ROM doesn't have any CSC included as now csc have separate partition (ODM). ROM will not erase/flash/modify files inside odm partition it and you will have your existing CSC even after flashing a ROM

3.Vendor partition may be included in ROM or available separately (Read changelog of version you are installing) .It is recommended to flash it specifically you are on different base.

4.Since Pie version, OEM is pre-fixed with kernel patch and after flashing ROM, you may find OEM option in developer settings but it will be disable, it is actually because of hack/fix applied. In real case if it is disabled then you may not able to boot rom with TWRP. Simply ignore it.

Read ChangeLog of ROM you are going to flash for any specific instructions. Link to changelog is available in next post below.

Can I dirty flash (without factory reset) ROM? No, We don't recommend it. If you are able to handle consequences with dirty flash then proceed, but don't post bugs in forum without clean installing ROM.
    PS : Who can handle consequences of dirty flashing, they never need to ask this question in forum. ;)

For Encryption - Read This

Download : https://drketanrom.com/

Instructions provided above are for latest version of ROM only, on previous versions of ROM it may or may not be same, we recommend to flash latest ROM only.

To report issue, you needs to provide following informations, else it will be ignored. Also if your query is already mentioned on OP/ChangeLogg post, it will be ignored.
    1.ROM build number.
    2.Dirty/Clean Install. - If you have dirty installed, Then first clean install and report if issue persists.
    7.Logs - Attach logs here/Upload to other places where it can be downloaded without registration and doesn't have ad (we recommend dropbox/Gdrive) and post link.

ChangeLog

Oreo
    - O1 - 26.08.2018 - Initial release
    - O1_New - 26.08.2018 - Vendor no more flashing from Aroma. Read above Installation guide for Vendor flashing with Odin.
    - O2 - 28.08.2018
    - O3 - 09.09.2018
    - O4 - 30.09.2018
    - O5 - 12.10.2018
    - O6 - 12.10.2018
    - O7 - 11.11.2018
    - O8 - 25.11.2018

Pie Beta
    - P01 - 05.12.2018
    - P02 - 15.12.2018
    - P03 - 30.01.2018
    - P04 - 01.01.2019

Pie Official
    - P05 - 14.01.2019
    - P06 - 22.02.2019
    - P07 - 01.03.2019
    - P08 - 10.03.2019
    - P09 - 14.03.2019
    - P10 - 20.04.2019
    - P11 - 18.05.2019
    - P12 - 09.07.2019
    - P13 - 26.07.2019
    - P14 - 24.09.2019
    - P15 - 08.11.2019

Android 10 (Beta)
    - Q01 - 23.11.2019
    - Q02 - 28.11.2019

Android 10 (Stable)
    - Q03 - 05.01.2020
    - Q04 - 05.02.2020
    - Q05 - 16.05.2020

OneUI 2.1

- Q06 - 11.06.2020
    - Q07 - 11.07.2020
    - Q08 - 15.08.2020
    - Q09 - 16.09.2020

OneUi 2.5

- Q10 - 17.10.2020
    - Q11 - 14.11.2020

- Q12 - 12.12.2020
    - Q13 - 12.01.2021
    - Q14 - 21.02.2021
    - Q15 - 03.04.2021
    - Q16 - 30.05.2021
    - Q17 - 27.07.2021
    - Q18 - 25.11.2021
    - Q19 - 23.04.2022

To report issue, you needs to provide following informations, else it will be ignored
    1.ROM build number.
    7.Logs
    Hello guys
    It's been first time I couldn't visit xda for about a week since last few years. I have planned update last week but couldn't. As we know life have some priorities, and xda is not on top so hope you can understand. Trying my best to come back but yet unable to give date. May this disappointing for some but hopefully you will try to understand.
    Thanks in advance for understanding and keeping patience.
    Again sorry for delay.
    Regards
    Dr.Ketan
    Dear friends,
    When whole world is fighting against corona, being a doctor, my service is more important to my society and my country as doctor, till our fight end, I am taking leave from android development.
    Wishing you and all a healthy life.
    Take care,
    Regards
    Dr.Ketan.