• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

23.4.A.1.232 is rolling out [UPDATE: vulnerable to new stagefright!]

Search This thread

mhaha

Feb 13, 2014
Try using the Z5's light theme. It changes the color of the clock

http://forum.xda-developers.com/cro...mes-sony-xperia-z5-family-dark-white-t3193646

Sent from my D5833 using XDA Free mobile app

I don't really want to change my phone's entire theme just to get a dark colored clock on the home screen, in my opinion that's kind of insane. Since we're discussing workarounds, I've downloaded an app called "Digital Clock Widget Xperia", it's free (ad-supported), and highly customizable - for instance, you can set the text color to literally any color you like; you can also change the time/date display format. It's basically an improved version of the stock clock, you can definitely set it to look exactly like the original thing, or heavily customize it. I'm pretty satisfied, now that I have it I wonder why I never bothered looking for an alternative before. The ads only appear when you open up the settings, which is reasonable. Leaving this here for people who have the same problem as me.

paffo

Mar 16, 2010
Hey guys,
Just upgraded to .232 from a rooted 23.4.A.0.546.

All I did was install the pre-rooted zip from recovery.
I didn't do the subsequent step of installing the unrooted ftf excluding system using flashtool.

It's working fine though.
Can somebody explain why we need to do the second step (and the consequences of not doing so?)

Thanks!

Good qustion!
Anyone can answer if this steep changes anything ?

Chris.nl

Jul 13, 2007
pre-rooted ROM's - 4G and LTE icon

Can someone please post a link to the pre-rooted zip? Thanks!

I've made pre-rooted CE1 (LTE icon), RU and UA (4G icon) [23.4.A.1.232] ROMs.
Link name:tweaker password:tweaker. Link only works with Google Chrome (desktop or mobile). You could also use a FTP program, host:chrisnl.asuscomm.com
Flash rom with TWRP recovery.

ontopic:
I'm content with this 23.4.A.1.232 build. Stagefright fixed, auto brightness fixed and batterylive is just great. Now the wait for Android M begins :fingers-crossed:

Last edited:
Reactions: Malmanian and okij

lstic

Oct 24, 2012
Njivice
For me, auto brightness is partially fixed.
The phone doesn't switch the display with increased contrast/brightness and then normalizes it. The problem now is that it turns it on normally, and sometimes a short "flash" of this brightness thing appears afterwards.
It lasts for maybe less than one second, and turns to normal.

Sprkd1

Feb 10, 2015
Dubai
The phone doesn't switch the display with increased contrast/brightness and then normalizes it. The problem now is that it turns it on normally, and sometimes a short "flash" of this brightness thing appears afterwards.

Same here.

uyg

Mar 31, 2014

astrosp4c3

May 28, 2012
Moon

Something similiar used to happen with Kitkat for me..

spinz78

Aug 29, 2010
I'm having trouble while connecting headphones while using Whatsapp Call feature. Sometimes the mic won't work and sometimes the earspeakers.

hjuo

Aug 4, 2011
Stagefright Detector was updated and the last firmware corrects all but one of the vulnerabilities. OP please correct the first post.

Attachments

• 20151008112411.jpg
    20151008112411.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 9,268
Reactions: istux
G

GuestK00182

Anyone else with this problem? On lock screen I can pull the notifications bar playing anywhere in the top of the screen. Already on the desktop, it only works if I pull the bar of notifications by touching the middle of the top.

a6f3f9f0db4c76eb77060033d294e807.jpg

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just rolling out now for every customization :good:
    Improvements?

UPDATE (many thanks to @fijasko)

- Stagefright bug fixed
    - Brightness bug fixed

2q3u97o.png

UPDATE 2 (many thanks to @hjuo)

- Still vulnerable to the new stagefright 2

attachment.php
    ok, i installed it
    the first thing i noticed is the brightness bug is fixed :D
    Still vulnerable after update...cve 2015-6602

Enviado desde mi D5803 mediante Tapatalk

Yes, 6602 was discovered after Sony patched all the known vulnerabilities and Google themselves haven't even patched that one yet.
    Stagefright fixed
    uploadfromtaptalk1443705415982.png
    Hm are all the anoying things fixed? And is charge time on lockscreen back? And do you recommend this new build for battery and stuff for me?

.232 is better than .546 for sure! :)

Besides the fixes mentioned on the OP, I read on XperiaCare forum that also the USSD bug has been fixed in .232 firmware.

Charge time on lockscreen unfortunately isn't back, but I guess that Sony removed it on purpose (don't know why though) and that it won't come back anyway.

Battery life is great since .200 (some users on the forums compared it to KK battery life) and so far (1 day usage) I can tell it's the same good battery life on .232.

Performance / smoothness and RAM management has also improved since .200.

So yes, in my point of view .232 is the best Lollipop release for the Z3c so far and really recommendable. :good: