[23 APR 2013] RUNNYMEDE 1.30.461.1 - Sense 3.5 [Final III][xyz kernel][SP]

Search This thread

samday

Aug 23, 2010
NSW
Voice recorder works for you guys? For me it shows recording but when I tried playing nothing is there..

Any idea guys?

It's the Hieros kernel 1.8.3 - voice recording doesn't work with this kernel.

Try flashing Hieros 1.8.1 - I'm told voice recording works with this. Or you can try raf 1.9 - it definitely works with that kernel.

sandymac

Jun 3, 2008
Ledbury
htcstreamplayer.apk was my starting point as it should, name being given, be the file that plays a video stream, im wondering tho if its in one of the .so lib files

Well, I have had a look at htcstreamplayer.apk and checked the xml and resource files but can't find anything that would call up the graphic. Not sure where to go from here. You may be right in that this is being called up by one of the lib files. :confused:

Richy99

Nov 16, 2009
Well, I have had a look at htcstreamplayer.apk and checked the xml and resource files but can't find anything that would call up the graphic. Not sure where to go from here. You may be right in that this is being called up by one of the lib files. :confused:

yeah its annoying, im gonna rip thru the apks now to see if ican see the image, if it isnt inside any of these apk's then im going with it being a lib issue

Richy99

Nov 16, 2009
Good luck. Already tried htcvideoplayer.apk so you can discount this. I'll try some as well but don't hold out much hope.

to be honest im thinking the .so files purely because realplayer suffers from this issue aswell

edit : just truied mx player and although this doesnt suffer from it the streaming is really choppy and un watchable

edit 2 : mx player now suffers from the arrow if i use hw mode but doesnt if i use sw mode

---------- Post added at 01:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 PM ----------

ok now i think this is something that hardware acceleration is doing as software mode doesnt seem to be affected

can anyone confirm that the default media streaming player is sing hardware acceleration?

Last edited:

sandymac

Jun 3, 2008
Ledbury
to be honest im thinking the .so files purely because realplayer suffers from this issue aswell

edit : just truied mx player and although this doesnt suffer from it the streaming is really choppy and un watchable

edit 2 : mx player now suffers from the arrow if i use hw mode but doesnt if i use sw mode

---------- Post added at 01:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 PM ----------

ok now i think this is something that hardware acceleration is doing as software mode doesnt seem to be affected

can anyone confirm that the default media streaming player is sing hardware acceleration?

You may be onto something as Mobo player doesn't show this if using software decoding. ;)

Now I wonder if we use the graphics fix, all will be well as I believe that this disables hardware acceleration.

EDIT: Backing up my ROM to test theory

Last edited:

Richy99

Nov 16, 2009
You may be onto something as Mobo player doesn't show this if using software decoding. ;)

Now I wonder if we use the graphics fix, all will be well as I believe that this disables hardware acceleration.

i can confirm the graphics fix wont affect it, ive used the fix on 1.3 and still had the issues but saying thaty iwa using v1 of the fix not any of the updated ones, ill give it a go now

sandymac

Jun 3, 2008
Ledbury
i can confirm the graphics fix wont affect it, ive used the fix on 1.3 and still had the issues but saying thaty iwa using v1 of the fix not any of the updated ones, ill give it a go now

Just had a quick look at the latest and Haldric's doesn't cover this build. I'll try anyway with the 0.82.401.1 v1.3 as soon as my backup completes. Always worth a try.;)

bojanbl

Feb 5, 2010
Just had a quick look at the latest and Haldric's doesn't cover this build. I'll try anyway with the 0.82.401.1 v1.3 as soon as my backup completes. Always worth a try.;)

You can use latest test kernel so you will have graphic acceleration and without glitches ;)
Only downside is lack of ability to see what you are picturing with camera :( but you can use free camera app from android market ;)

Reactions: sandymac

sandymac

Jun 3, 2008
Ledbury
dont bother lol as ive applied it and its still there on hw mode in mx player

Too late :D Booting now. Ah well, as if I didn't have anything better to do! :D

EDIT: Yep, arrow graphic still there. Not present if Mobo player is set to soft decoding but that is rubbish playback with audio distortion. Back to square one, then.:mad:

Last edited:
Reactions: dungphp

Richy99

Nov 16, 2009
dung - you got any further ideas on this?

your pyramid doesnt suffer from this, do you think it could be 2.3.5 issue?

seems hw encoding is bringing up this arrow but software encoding doesnt but looks utter garbabe

sandymac

Jun 3, 2008
Ledbury
its not in the free app, the default streaming player suffers from this issue

---------- Post added at 02:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 PM ----------

yeah i know its annoying

I agree, definitely nothing to do with the app being free. Anyway, time to walk the dog and clear my head. :D:D

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone