[23 OCT][CM7-Kernel][SuperSonic] Etana UnOfficial CM-7 Kernel

Search This thread

spica1234

Retired Recognized Developer
Aug 1, 2010
India
Hello,
One of my friend living in next lane has also LG Optimus 2x and he has been using CM7. So I compiled Etana Kernel with SuperSonic ToolChain for him. I did install CM7 to test kernel and it's working fine, So I'd like to share them with you.​

CM-7 ETANA UNOFFICIAL KERNEL​

First Of ALL:
All Credits to VADONKA, I've just used his source and compiled with my toolchain with his permissions, thanks for his kindness. So ALL CREDITS TO A GREAT MAN, VADONKA.

Compiled with HP Pro SuperSonic ToolChain.​

HP Pro SuperSonic ToolChain Features: (Based on GCC Linaro Sources)

(-) Tegra specific optimization
(-) Toolchain Target flags has been optimized in same manner as the kernel drivers are written
(-) "Optimizing as the way program is written". I have overy observed all the codes by , as they're written and used same appropriate optimizations
(-) By observing codes 1st thing that comes in mind is Structures & Unions. Used Target Optimizations for it: '-fpack-struct and mstructure-size-boundary=32' for proper alignments of Structures and Unions for faster access
(-) fivopts for variable strength optimizations
(-) fforce-mem with fomit-frame-pointer for faster pointer access
(-) Except tegra codes most of the kernel codes have inlined functions. All functions inlined for faster access of codes. By inlining functions it can be accessed as fast as macro
(-) Code assembly and linking with ArmV7-A architecture's Cortex-A9 cpu's Virtulizations, Integer Division Float and Multi-Processing CPU Extensions
(-) CortexA9 Processor has support for Array Prefetching same like windows does SW based Prefetch. This CPU features during runtime loads longer arrays in advance in CPU memory via AX/BX registers. Which can significantly improve runtime execution and overall snappiness. Target toolchain optimized with array-prefetch optimizations to compile codes with array pre-fetch instructions
(-) By observing Tegra and LG drivers, there are very few short loops, which needs no optimizations, thus graphite loop optimizations disabled.
(-) LTO( Link Time Optimizations) for removal of unused codes during linking stage and re-sections of functions and data for faster access
(-) As armv7-a architecture supports Unaligned Access, instead of disabling, its optimized with 8K access
(-) This is the same toolchain that has been used since 5 months to speedup SuperSonic Test builds for Stock Kernel. No extra blind optimizations used for issue of stability but only as drivers and kernel codes are written "Target specific optimizations" for maxium possible performance
(-) toolchain: Complete set of Used CFLAGS_FOR_TARGET: -O0 -finline-functions -fpack-struct=8 -mstructure-size-boundary=32 -fpreferch-loop-arrays -fivopts -fforce-mem -fomit-frame-pointer CFLAGS_FOR_BUILD: -O0 -march=atom -mtune=atom( as my cpu is atom) Cflags:-O0 -finline-functions

Download:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/18nay2kw6tuks20/CM7-ETaNa_HOC-UnOfficial-2.6.32.y.zip

Defaultly it's 48MB RamHacked you can change it through running 'otf' command followed by 'su' in Terminal emulator.
Once again ALL Credits to Vadonka for his hard consistent work for CM-7

Etana App can be found in Etana thread. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1427646

Credits & Thanks to :
Vadonka and everyone else whom he has credited in his thread.

Last edited:

der.einstein

Apr 20, 2011
Hi Spica,
thanks for reviving Etana Kernel!

What about re-compilation of the stock, LOC and DS/LITE incarnations of the kernel? Would be really great to try these...

But thanks anyway, will give it a go!

Reactions: spica1234

spica1234

Retired Recognized Developer
Aug 1, 2010
India
Great to see etana being revived by one of my favorite devs :D
Im using it with MIUI GB since many days, cant wait to flash this one :cowboy:
Thanks!

I think you meant all credits to vadonka ;)

Corrected with vadonka instead etana.
Yes vadonka is one of very good dev. When looking at his efforts he has given for etana kernel is salutable as one man army show for cm7. Plus a very good person by heart he is with very good knowledge:)

Sent from my Optimus 2X using Tapatalk 2

slebit

Dec 3, 2010
I will absolutely try this one! Nice too see you back spica!

Sent from my LG-P990 using Tapatalk 2

yarisd4dturbo

Jul 5, 2008
Rome
Installation complete!!! :) I'll try it :)
I love this community, more great devs here :):)

First impression...more more fast!!! Thx man!!!

Last edited:

barril

Apr 12, 2009
so far very good smooth and stable, have such battery consumption ....

Enviado desde mi Optimus 2X usando Tapatalk 2

barril

Apr 12, 2009
just this morning I'm seeing flashing consumption calibrate the terminal and see it ...

Enviado desde mi Optimus 2X usando Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

CVonV

Mar 7, 2010
Sydney
so did vadonka stop his etana development?

request for DS compile as I find that to have the longest battery life.

also, is etana.conf no longer needed? i've never used the etana app but i do have this in my config file (i just want to keep everything at default frequencies)

Code:
ramhack=48
enable_build.prop_tweaks
## install_roboto_font
install_adblock_host
#update_su

## AVP Frequency
## Range: 200000-280000
avpfreq=240000

## GPU Frequency
## Range: 300000-366000
gpufreq=300000

## VDE Frequency
## Range: 600000-700000
vdefreq=650000

## NvRM Daemon Binary version
## Values: v10, v20q, v20f
nvrm_daemon=v10

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,
    One of my friend living in next lane has also LG Optimus 2x and he has been using CM7. So I compiled Etana Kernel with SuperSonic ToolChain for him. I did install CM7 to test kernel and it's working fine, So I'd like to share them with you.​

CM-7 ETANA UNOFFICIAL KERNEL​

First Of ALL:
    All Credits to VADONKA, I've just used his source and compiled with my toolchain with his permissions, thanks for his kindness. So ALL CREDITS TO A GREAT MAN, VADONKA.

Compiled with HP Pro SuperSonic ToolChain.​

HP Pro SuperSonic ToolChain Features: (Based on GCC Linaro Sources)

(-) Tegra specific optimization
    (-) Toolchain Target flags has been optimized in same manner as the kernel drivers are written
    (-) "Optimizing as the way program is written". I have overy observed all the codes by , as they're written and used same appropriate optimizations
    (-) By observing codes 1st thing that comes in mind is Structures & Unions. Used Target Optimizations for it: '-fpack-struct and mstructure-size-boundary=32' for proper alignments of Structures and Unions for faster access
    (-) fivopts for variable strength optimizations
    (-) fforce-mem with fomit-frame-pointer for faster pointer access
    (-) Except tegra codes most of the kernel codes have inlined functions. All functions inlined for faster access of codes. By inlining functions it can be accessed as fast as macro
    (-) Code assembly and linking with ArmV7-A architecture's Cortex-A9 cpu's Virtulizations, Integer Division Float and Multi-Processing CPU Extensions
    (-) CortexA9 Processor has support for Array Prefetching same like windows does SW based Prefetch. This CPU features during runtime loads longer arrays in advance in CPU memory via AX/BX registers. Which can significantly improve runtime execution and overall snappiness. Target toolchain optimized with array-prefetch optimizations to compile codes with array pre-fetch instructions
    (-) By observing Tegra and LG drivers, there are very few short loops, which needs no optimizations, thus graphite loop optimizations disabled.
    (-) LTO( Link Time Optimizations) for removal of unused codes during linking stage and re-sections of functions and data for faster access
    (-) As armv7-a architecture supports Unaligned Access, instead of disabling, its optimized with 8K access
    (-) This is the same toolchain that has been used since 5 months to speedup SuperSonic Test builds for Stock Kernel. No extra blind optimizations used for issue of stability but only as drivers and kernel codes are written "Target specific optimizations" for maxium possible performance
    (-) toolchain: Complete set of Used CFLAGS_FOR_TARGET: -O0 -finline-functions -fpack-struct=8 -mstructure-size-boundary=32 -fpreferch-loop-arrays -fivopts -fforce-mem -fomit-frame-pointer CFLAGS_FOR_BUILD: -O0 -march=atom -mtune=atom( as my cpu is atom) Cflags:-O0 -finline-functions

Download:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/18nay2kw6tuks20/CM7-ETaNa_HOC-UnOfficial-2.6.32.y.zip

Defaultly it's 48MB RamHacked you can change it through running 'otf' command followed by 'su' in Terminal emulator.
    Once again ALL Credits to Vadonka for his hard consistent work for CM-7

Etana App can be found in Etana thread. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1427646

Credits & Thanks to :
    Vadonka and everyone else whom he has credited in his thread.
    WELCOME SPICA BHAI,

the stock kernel is also waiting.....SR4 and a few more things....you know what....so see you shortly.

BEST WISHES FOR YOUR EXAMS
    For a while I guess next month there is my exams of 1st sem of MCA. lets see how much time I can find for it

Sent from my Optimus 2X using Tapatalk 2

good luck & all the best for your next month exam, thanks for still staying & developing kernels for P990 ;)
    Hi Spica,
    thanks for reviving Etana Kernel!

What about re-compilation of the stock, LOC and DS/LITE incarnations of the kernel? Would be really great to try these...

But thanks anyway, will give it a go!
    Thanks for the update....its awesome.....:cyclops:.