24.09 - OREO ViperU 2.3.0 STABLE | 2.33.401.19 Tweaks | HUB | OTA

Search This thread

lucienengr

Jun 4, 2015
Tampa
I mean the latest 1.8.0 changelog. I only see up to 1.7.0 changelog
Thx for the update, but I cannot find the cangelog too... And the fabulous dark viper theme aren't in the hub anymore.... Where can I find it?
Thx again.
/Bud
It was ready. Had some spare time, so I decided to make the new base ready, so I can just release it to the public with a few clicks when I'm allowed to release it.
Links are pulled now, seems my plan to save some time that I don't have much atm didn't work out that well (-:
I'm sure it was unintentional and you couldn't contain your excitement, but looks like you pushed (disrespected) Jan and ruined the 1.8.0 upgrade for the rest of us.

Thanks Jan for your awesome development work and sharing your time and resources with all of us. ViperU is by far THE best ROM out there. Looking forward to the 1.8.0 greatness!

Bud Horn

Mar 18, 2014
Skellerup
I'm sure it was unintentional and you couldn't contain your excitement, but looks like you pushed (disrespected) Jan and ruined the 1.8.0 upgrade for the rest of us.

Thanks Jan for your awesome development work and sharing your time and resources with all of us. ViperU is by far THE best ROM out there. Looking forward to the 1.8.0 greatness!
Oh. I'm so sorry about that.... Really, really unintentional. My humblest apologies to all of you.
/Bud

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

arses

Mar 24, 2010
Dirty flashed 1.8 over 1.7, so far so great.
[emoji6][emoji6][emoji6][emoji16][emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

dangtoi1993

Feb 26, 2016
if flashed ViperU1.8. its all complete process. but when the first time roboot to OS, its stuck at HomeScreen and talk" Android updating" for along time, i cant wait. how can i fix that

ivicask

Recognized Developer / Inactive RC
May 25, 2009
Zagreb
venomroms.com
changelog.png

ViperU 1.8.0 (October 7th)

Additions & Updates
  • Rebase on 1.27.401.10
  • Updated Sprint base to 1.28.651.40
  • Updated US unlocked base to 1.28.617.6
  • Dual SIM call recording enabled

All downloads on:

donmarkoni

Sep 21, 2010
Belgrade
Hello,
here in Germany, there is an update for HTC Camera in the Playstore:
Is it ok, to update?

If you don't mind breaking any camera tweaks you might use.

Don't as you'll loose the mods provided by the camera app shipping with the ROM. If he has the time @j to the 4n will maybe provide a patched one in the HUB or ship it with the upcoming V1.8.0 of the ROM.

Camera 9.20.974075 update is in the Hub since before it was available for everyone through Play Store. ;)

I use this with viperU 1.8.0 work

It is already in 1.8.0, so no need to flash it separately.

Reactions: 5m4r7ph0n36uru

victoryo

Mar 16, 2009
Gelderland
Is it normal rom flash succeed with code 256 and magisk installation fails on packing the boot image?
Phone boots fine only Magisk was not installed properly.

Checked MD5 of downloaded file and was correct!

amit_sen

Recognized Contributor
  • Mar 27, 2011
    New Delhi
    I installed viper U 1.8 . I selected india option during installation setup.
    However in settings its showing security patch as Aug'17. S/W version as 1.27.400.9.9
    Is it correct ? Doesnt 1.8 supposed to be on Oct'2017 security patch and 1.27.400.10 s/w version ?
    I cross checked for camera version and its the latest one 9.20.974075
    Im S-ON ...

Last edited:

ivicask

Recognized Developer / Inactive RC
    May 25, 2009
    Zagreb
    venomroms.com
    I installed viper U 1.8 . I selected india option during installation setup.
    However in settings its showing security patch as Aug'17. S/W version as 1.27.400.9.9
    Is it correct ? Doesnt 1.8 supposed to be on Oct'2017 security patch and 1.27.400.10 s/w version ?
    I cross checked for camera version and its the latest one 9.20.974075
    Im S-ON ...

Only WW base actually got latest security patch, other carriers lack behind for some reason.Even tho you are running mostly everything from new security patch(security_patch=2017-10-01), except kernel, and i dont like faking those dates in build prop as it may break some stuff as Safety net.

Reactions: donmarkoni

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      WSijeWh.png

Featured by @Tomsgt aka RootJunky and @zedomax aka Highonandroid

More videos

devs.png

j to the 4n | m0narx | ivicask | topjohnwu

Installation.png

1. Download the latest rom from our venomroms download page
      2. If you got an external sdcard place the downloaded zip there. In case you haven't, wait for step 6 to copy it to your internal sdcard.
      3. Backup your internal sdcard if you got important content on it. Unlocking bootloader will wipe all your data, including your internal sdcard. Your external sdcard will stay untouched.
      4. Register at HTCdev if you dont have an account yet and follow the instructions there to unlock your bootloader
      5. Boot up your phone and copy the rom to your internal sdcard in case you didn't in step one to your external.
      6. Download the lastest TWRP Recovery version on the TRWP Download Page
      7. Flash it with fastboot with following command: fastboot flash recovery recovery.img (replace recovery.img with the actual filename it got downloaded with)
      8. To boot into recovery use 'adb reboot recovery' or press and hold power + volume down and wait till it booted to the bootloader. From there you can navigate with the volume buttons and confirm with the power button to boot to the recovery
      9. If you are coming from stock: Make a backup of your stock rom in TWRP recovery. Include System Image and Boot. Now you have a full stock backup, except recovery, in case you want to return back to stock one day.
      10. Ensure you allow system modifications in TWRP when asked.
      11. In TWRP click Install and pick the rom either from internal or external sdcard to install it.
      12. The installer will start and will guide you through the installation

visit.png

credits.png

Credits.png

XDA:DevDB Information
      24.09 - OREO ViperU 2.3.0 STABLE | 2.33.401.19 Tweaks | HUB | OTA , ROM for the HTC U11

Contributors
      j to the 4n, mikalovtch, topjohnwu, m0narx, Basil3
      ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
      ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
      Based On: HTC Sense

Version Information
      Current Stable Version: 2.3.0
      Stable Release Date: 2018-09-24
      Current Beta Version: 2.0.4
      Beta Release Date: 2017-12-13

Created 2017-06-09
      Last Updated 2018-09-23
      changelog.png
      ViperU 2.2.0 (18th June)
      Fixes& Updates
      • Updated all system apps
      • Updated Sense Home to HTC U12+ version 10.00.1035742
      • Added SystemUI from U12+
      • Added possibility to change extended quicksettings colors
      • Added custom open app animation
      • Added double tap to sleep on home screen
      Full wipe may be required.

ViperU 2.1.0 Stable is online

changelog.png

ViperU 2.1.0 Stable (Dec 19th)

Fixes& Updates
      • Rebase on 2.33.401.10
      • Fixed swap volume keys on landscape
      • Fixed Prism FC
      • Added Custom NEQS Tiles
      • Disabled all non working Mods in VenomTweaks, so you stop asking why they don't work
      • Fixed traffic and battery text not changing color on light statusbar

Some info to the Oreo Rom you should read:

For all people that are already on Oreo firmware can simply flash the rom as usual.
      WWE Oreo firmwares you can find here.

If you are on nougat firmware and flash the Oreo Rom your Wi-FI and and Voice in calls will just work if you flash the Oreo radio and DSP image from here: Oreo Radio and DSP Images

What you should be aware of:
      Returning back to Nougat will just work when you format data in TWRP, so back up your data and also your internal sdcard. In case you flashed the Oreo Radio and DSP image ensure you flash back the nougat ones (via RUU or firmware).

In case you decide to flash the Oreo firmware: There is no way back atm, since you would need S-OFF to downgrade and sunshine s-off is not supported yet on Oreo.

Downloads.png

AndroidFileHost
      Google Drive

If you are sorry for your bad english, want to know how to fastboot flash or boot the Rom or have any stupid question, then pm @nkk71