24.09 - OREO ViperU 2.3.0 STABLE | 2.33.401.19 Tweaks | HUB | OTA

Search This thread

kiemon515

Nov 1, 2017
you are aware that I talked to someone else? lol

Sorry.

---------- Post added at 11:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 AM ----------

I asked you though if you can verify that the download of the rom is not corrupt, so compare the md5 some given on android filehost with your version.
How do I have compare it with my version? I'm sorry, I don't understand it exactly

j to the 4n

Recognized Developer
Oct 18, 2012
apktool d -b -f Freetime.apk xda
I don't get It, should I install 2.0.4 rom or 1.8.0 ? I am on nougat and 1.8.0 doesn't work.

you can install either 2.0.4 which is based on Oreo or 1.8.0 that is based on nougat.
If you were on Leedroid Oreo rom before, simply flashing the nougat rom won't work. you would need to format data in TWRP before that also nukes your internal sdcard. so back it up before if you got important data on it.

kiemon515

Nov 1, 2017
I'm trying to flash Viper 2.0.4 by ADB after wipe data and i get sometring like that: data size is too large(1974330 KB) for device to download ZIP file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\HTC\HTC Sync Manager\HTC Sync\ViperU_2.0.4.zip'

What should i do now ?

On download mode i still have OS; 1.13.401.1
it makes any difference ?

---------- Post added at 12:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 PM ----------

Thanks for the testing!

I put the fix in VenomHUB

So what does it mean ?

"C:\Program Files (x86)\HTC\HTC Sync Manager\HTC Sync>htc_fastboot flash zip "C:\Program Files (x86)\HTC\HTC Sync Manager\HTC Sync\ViperU_2.0.4.zip"
sending 'zip'... (1974330 KB) FAILdata too large, 2021714655 > 1953075200
FAILED (data size is too large(1974330 KB) for device to download ZIP file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\HTC\HTC Sync Manager\HTC Sync\ViperU_2.0.4.zip'"

and also i dont have any SDcard to flash stock RUU.
On download mode it says 1.13.401.1, on options 1.27.401.12
i dunno how to bite it.

Is someone good at it so can me explain me what am doing wrong ? :(

Last edited:

j to the 4n

Recognized Developer
Oct 18, 2012
I'm trying to flash Viper 2.0.4 by ADB after wipe data and i get sometring like that: data size is too large(1974330 KB) for device to download ZIP file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\HTC\HTC Sync Manager\HTC Sync\ViperU_2.0.4.zip'

What should i do now ?

On download mode i still have OS; 1.13.401.1
it makes any difference ?

---------- Post added at 12:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 PM ----------

So what does it mean ?

"C:\Program Files (x86)\HTC\HTC Sync Manager\HTC Sync>htc_fastboot flash zip "C:\Program Files (x86)\HTC\HTC Sync Manager\HTC Sync\ViperU_2.0.4.zip"
sending 'zip'... (1974330 KB) FAILdata too large, 2021714655 > 1953075200
FAILED (data size is too large(1974330 KB) for device to download ZIP file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\HTC\HTC Sync Manager\HTC Sync\ViperU_2.0.4.zip'"

and also i dont have any SDcard to flash stock RUU.
On download mode it says 1.13.401.1, on options 1.27.401.12
i dunno how to bite it.

Is someone good at it so can me explain me what am doing wrong ? :(
WTF, you flash the rom in recovery not in fastboot.

nkk71

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
May 26, 2010
Beirut
I'm not patient. I'm taking all kind of pills so I can survive here on xda.

Try these:
0c537c8160b6feba6b6f8eeee83c406f--chill-pill-jar-chill-pills.jpg

Though, I'm not sure they will work, stuff in here is *tough* :rolleyes:

j to the 4n

Recognized Developer
Oct 18, 2012
So I just ordered a U11 to replace my HTC 10 (damaged screen). Am I accurate in my understanding that Oreo Viper for Sprint is not at daily driver levels yet?

Thanks in advance!
We need a sprint oreo base to provide full compatibiliy. Some are running it tough already. Didn't follow the discussion a few pages back, but seems it works.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WSijeWh.png

Featured by @Tomsgt aka RootJunky and @zedomax aka Highonandroid

More videos

devs.png

j to the 4n | m0narx | ivicask | topjohnwu

Installation.png

1. Download the latest rom from our venomroms download page
    2. If you got an external sdcard place the downloaded zip there. In case you haven't, wait for step 6 to copy it to your internal sdcard.
    3. Backup your internal sdcard if you got important content on it. Unlocking bootloader will wipe all your data, including your internal sdcard. Your external sdcard will stay untouched.
    4. Register at HTCdev if you dont have an account yet and follow the instructions there to unlock your bootloader
    5. Boot up your phone and copy the rom to your internal sdcard in case you didn't in step one to your external.
    6. Download the lastest TWRP Recovery version on the TRWP Download Page
    7. Flash it with fastboot with following command: fastboot flash recovery recovery.img (replace recovery.img with the actual filename it got downloaded with)
    8. To boot into recovery use 'adb reboot recovery' or press and hold power + volume down and wait till it booted to the bootloader. From there you can navigate with the volume buttons and confirm with the power button to boot to the recovery
    9. If you are coming from stock: Make a backup of your stock rom in TWRP recovery. Include System Image and Boot. Now you have a full stock backup, except recovery, in case you want to return back to stock one day.
    10. Ensure you allow system modifications in TWRP when asked.
    11. In TWRP click Install and pick the rom either from internal or external sdcard to install it.
    12. The installer will start and will guide you through the installation

visit.png

credits.png

Credits.png

XDA:DevDB Information
    24.09 - OREO ViperU 2.3.0 STABLE | 2.33.401.19 Tweaks | HUB | OTA , ROM for the HTC U11

Contributors
    j to the 4n, mikalovtch, topjohnwu, m0narx, Basil3
    ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: HTC Sense

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 2.3.0
    Stable Release Date: 2018-09-24
    Current Beta Version: 2.0.4
    Beta Release Date: 2017-12-13

Created 2017-06-09
    Last Updated 2018-09-23
    changelog.png
    ViperU 2.2.0 (18th June)
    Fixes& Updates
    • Updated all system apps
    • Updated Sense Home to HTC U12+ version 10.00.1035742
    • Added SystemUI from U12+
    • Added possibility to change extended quicksettings colors
    • Added custom open app animation
    • Added double tap to sleep on home screen
    Full wipe may be required.

ViperU 2.1.0 Stable is online

changelog.png

ViperU 2.1.0 Stable (Dec 19th)

Fixes& Updates
    • Rebase on 2.33.401.10
    • Fixed swap volume keys on landscape
    • Fixed Prism FC
    • Added Custom NEQS Tiles
    • Disabled all non working Mods in VenomTweaks, so you stop asking why they don't work
    • Fixed traffic and battery text not changing color on light statusbar

Some info to the Oreo Rom you should read:

For all people that are already on Oreo firmware can simply flash the rom as usual.
    WWE Oreo firmwares you can find here.

If you are on nougat firmware and flash the Oreo Rom your Wi-FI and and Voice in calls will just work if you flash the Oreo radio and DSP image from here: Oreo Radio and DSP Images

What you should be aware of:
    Returning back to Nougat will just work when you format data in TWRP, so back up your data and also your internal sdcard. In case you flashed the Oreo Radio and DSP image ensure you flash back the nougat ones (via RUU or firmware).

In case you decide to flash the Oreo firmware: There is no way back atm, since you would need S-OFF to downgrade and sunshine s-off is not supported yet on Oreo.

Downloads.png

AndroidFileHost
    Google Drive

If you are sorry for your bad english, want to know how to fastboot flash or boot the Rom or have any stupid question, then pm @nkk71