24.09 - OREO ViperU 2.3.0 STABLE | 2.33.401.19 Tweaks | HUB | OTA

Search This thread

Kolczyk

Jul 29, 2011
Bensenville
Block contact

When I try to block someone's phone number or sms, looks like it works but it doesn't.
The phone rings and text messages normally show up when they call me again.
Viper 2.3.0
Android 8.0.0
I have to use third party application to block unwanted phones.
Any solution for that strange situation?

alexnaoumi

Jun 24, 2010
Detroit
I haven't rooted a phone in a while, but long story short, I installed Pie on my U11 and then rooted and installed this ROM. I just tried making a couple calls and there is absolutely no audio. Has anyone had this issue and knows of a fix? (Unlocked U11 on ATT)

*Please disregard. Found my issue in another forum, I need to find an Oreo radio, sorry folks**

Last edited:

Golv

Recognized Developer
Jan 17, 2012
HTC U11
I haven't rooted a phone in a while, but long story short, I installed Pie on my U11 and then rooted and installed this ROM. I just tried making a couple calls and there is absolutely no audio. Has anyone had this issue and knows of a fix? (Unlocked U11 on ATT)

*Please disregard. Found my issue in another forum, I need to find an Oreo radio, sorry folks**

You need DSP.img from Oreo only!
https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=80620553&postcount=1267

Reactions: alexnaoumi

Crystene

Nov 11, 2019
Ok Fellas...I Need HELP....

Just Got My new HTC U11 on Saturday...Rooted it...so Yes Bootloader is Unlocked with Majisk 20.0

I Have Just Purchased NOW S-Off.... and when I Flash Viper 2.3..My Phone Reverts Back to Android Oreo and makes me Start over with the Regular Install...Where did VIPER GO...

Please Help...

hammered58

Just Got My new HTC U11 on Saturday...Rooted it...so Yes Bootloader is Unlocked with Majisk 20.0

I Have Just Purchased NOW S-Off.... and when I Flash Viper 2.3..My Phone Reverts Back to Android Oreo and makes me Start over with the Regular Install...Where did VIPER GO...

Please Help...[/QUOTE

Can I assume from your post you are flashing the rom in s- off state? If you are you dont have to be, u can flash roms and be s-on. Is twrp installed also?

Crystene

Nov 11, 2019

Please Help...[/QUOTE

Can I assume from your post you are flashing the rom in s- off state? If you are you dont have to be, u can flash roms and be s-on. Is twrp installed also?

YES Twrp 3.2.1.2.....

I dont NEED S-Off..?...Hmmm Ill Try that Also..

But with S-On Dont you Have to Flash the Boot Img....?

hammered58

Crystene

Nov 11, 2019
How do you know you don't have viper installed? Viper is based on the stock rom so maybe how it looks is fooling you ,do you have the venom hub and tweaks apks in your app list ?

Why Thank you.....YOURE RIGHT...It Completely Fooled me..

Now that its Loaded Ive Got a Lot Of Reading to do....
Dont quite Understand Majisk...seems Glitchy....need to read

Going to try SuperSU..now..BUT THANK YOU SO MUCH..

Aldo101t

Mar 9, 2012
Pittsburgh
HTC U11
How do you know you don't have viper installed? Viper is based on the stock rom so maybe how it looks is fooling you ,do you have the venom hub and tweaks apks in your app list ?

you don't need s-off to flash rom, you only need it if you flash a modified firmware, no need to flash boot.img either, just install 3.3.0-1 twrp and flash the rom zip.

also stick with magisk for root, it works fine.as above.

Last edited:

Rathouse

Jan 14, 2012
Well, I think I'm screwed!
I installed the latest ViperU_2.3.0.zip and, after many hours of setting it up, I tried to make a phone call... Silence.
So, I'm unable to hear any sound in calls. Sounds and mic work with everything else, but not the phone.
I've been looking into this for days now. It's not OK Google hijacking, or anything like that. I have reflashed a number of times.
I suspect the issue lays with updating with an RUU a while back. I had been using ViperU 1.8 for ages, but had many issues with ViperU 2.3 each time I installed it. So I updated with the RUU. I was able to root it and use it for months without issue.
When I flash ViperU 2.3 it says I have Android version 8. I'm certain that the RUU updated to Android 9.
Everything else works fine. I can receive calls, but there is no sound, and they can't hear me either.
Is this the problem? Is anyone aware of this issue, and hopefully a fix?

aristidis_halk

Dec 28, 2016
Athens
Well, I think I'm screwed!
I installed the latest ViperU_2.3.0.zip and, after many hours of setting it up, I tried to make a phone call... Silence.
So, I'm unable to hear any sound in calls. Sounds and mic work with everything else, but not the phone.
I've been looking into this for days now. It's not OK Google hijacking, or anything like that. I have reflashed a number of times.
I suspect the issue lays with updating with an RUU a while back. I had been using ViperU 1.8 for ages, but had many issues with ViperU 2.3 each time I installed it. So I updated with the RUU. I was able to root it and use it for months without issue.
When I flash ViperU 2.3 it says I have Android version 8. I'm certain that the RUU updated to Android 9.
Everything else works fine. I can receive calls, but there is no sound, and they can't hear me either.
Is this the problem? Is anyone aware of this issue, and hopefully a fix?

Maybe you messed up with the os versions. Try going full stock again and then reflash.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WSijeWh.png

Featured by @Tomsgt aka RootJunky and @zedomax aka Highonandroid

More videos

devs.png

j to the 4n | m0narx | ivicask | topjohnwu

Installation.png

1. Download the latest rom from our venomroms download page
    2. If you got an external sdcard place the downloaded zip there. In case you haven't, wait for step 6 to copy it to your internal sdcard.
    3. Backup your internal sdcard if you got important content on it. Unlocking bootloader will wipe all your data, including your internal sdcard. Your external sdcard will stay untouched.
    4. Register at HTCdev if you dont have an account yet and follow the instructions there to unlock your bootloader
    5. Boot up your phone and copy the rom to your internal sdcard in case you didn't in step one to your external.
    6. Download the lastest TWRP Recovery version on the TRWP Download Page
    7. Flash it with fastboot with following command: fastboot flash recovery recovery.img (replace recovery.img with the actual filename it got downloaded with)
    8. To boot into recovery use 'adb reboot recovery' or press and hold power + volume down and wait till it booted to the bootloader. From there you can navigate with the volume buttons and confirm with the power button to boot to the recovery
    9. If you are coming from stock: Make a backup of your stock rom in TWRP recovery. Include System Image and Boot. Now you have a full stock backup, except recovery, in case you want to return back to stock one day.
    10. Ensure you allow system modifications in TWRP when asked.
    11. In TWRP click Install and pick the rom either from internal or external sdcard to install it.
    12. The installer will start and will guide you through the installation

visit.png

credits.png

Credits.png

XDA:DevDB Information
    24.09 - OREO ViperU 2.3.0 STABLE | 2.33.401.19 Tweaks | HUB | OTA , ROM for the HTC U11

Contributors
    j to the 4n, mikalovtch, topjohnwu, m0narx, Basil3
    ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: HTC Sense

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 2.3.0
    Stable Release Date: 2018-09-24
    Current Beta Version: 2.0.4
    Beta Release Date: 2017-12-13

Created 2017-06-09
    Last Updated 2018-09-23
    changelog.png
    ViperU 2.2.0 (18th June)
    Fixes& Updates
    • Updated all system apps
    • Updated Sense Home to HTC U12+ version 10.00.1035742
    • Added SystemUI from U12+
    • Added possibility to change extended quicksettings colors
    • Added custom open app animation
    • Added double tap to sleep on home screen
    Full wipe may be required.

ViperU 2.1.0 Stable is online

changelog.png

ViperU 2.1.0 Stable (Dec 19th)

Fixes& Updates
    • Rebase on 2.33.401.10
    • Fixed swap volume keys on landscape
    • Fixed Prism FC
    • Added Custom NEQS Tiles
    • Disabled all non working Mods in VenomTweaks, so you stop asking why they don't work
    • Fixed traffic and battery text not changing color on light statusbar

Some info to the Oreo Rom you should read:

For all people that are already on Oreo firmware can simply flash the rom as usual.
    WWE Oreo firmwares you can find here.

If you are on nougat firmware and flash the Oreo Rom your Wi-FI and and Voice in calls will just work if you flash the Oreo radio and DSP image from here: Oreo Radio and DSP Images

What you should be aware of:
    Returning back to Nougat will just work when you format data in TWRP, so back up your data and also your internal sdcard. In case you flashed the Oreo Radio and DSP image ensure you flash back the nougat ones (via RUU or firmware).

In case you decide to flash the Oreo firmware: There is no way back atm, since you would need S-OFF to downgrade and sunshine s-off is not supported yet on Oreo.

Downloads.png

AndroidFileHost
    Google Drive

If you are sorry for your bad english, want to know how to fastboot flash or boot the Rom or have any stupid question, then pm @nkk71