24.09 - OREO ViperU 2.3.0 STABLE | 2.33.401.19 Tweaks | HUB | OTA

Search This thread

Golv

Recognized Developer
Jan 17, 2012
Well, I think I'm screwed!
I installed the latest ViperU_2.3.0.zip and, after many hours of setting it up, I tried to make a phone call... Silence.
So, I'm unable to hear any sound in calls. Sounds and mic work with everything else, but not the phone.
I've been looking into this for days now. It's not OK Google hijacking, or anything like that. I have reflashed a number of times.
I suspect the issue lays with updating with an RUU a while back. I had been using ViperU 1.8 for ages, but had many issues with ViperU 2.3 each time I installed it. So I updated with the RUU. I was able to root it and use it for months without issue.
When I flash ViperU 2.3 it says I have Android version 8. I'm certain that the RUU updated to Android 9.
Everything else works fine. I can receive calls, but there is no sound, and they can't hear me either.
Is this the problem? Is anyone aware of this issue, and hopefully a fix?

Please read my post - https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=80620553&postcount=1267

Rathouse

Jan 14, 2012
Maybe you messed up with the os versions. Try going full stock again and then reflash.

Yes, I've been trying to, but no change.

---------- Post added at 11:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 AM ----------

Aaah! Reading it now. Thanks

---------- Post added at 11:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 AM ----------

That worked. Thankyou :D

Reactions: aristidis_halk

riro56

Jul 20, 2010

Attachments

• zzzz.PNG
    zzzz.PNG
    243.9 KB · Views: 210

burakkcbyk

Nov 4, 2013
Hi everyone. Sorry for translate english.

I am currently using resurraction remix. I want to use viperu again. I am using the latest version twrp. I did full wipe. I installed viperu with aroma installer. But wifi doesn't turn on in any way.

I have no such problem with resuraction remix and other los versions. I flashed a few modem images. but the problem did not improve.
I installed stock software with the RUU method. There's a problem with that too.

Thanks for helps

Reactions: radyotolga

mikalovtch

Recognized Developer
Nov 14, 2010
Moscow
Hi everyone. Sorry for translate english.

I am currently using resurraction remix. I want to use viperu again. I am using the latest version twrp. I did full wipe. I installed viperu with aroma installer. But wifi doesn't turn on in any way.

I have no such problem with resuraction remix and other los versions. I flashed a few modem images. but the problem did not improve.
I installed stock software with the RUU method. There's a problem with that too.

Thanks for helps

Hello! If RUU doesn't help it should be hardware related problem. On my U11 WiFi is broken as well. It also doesn't show proper WiFi Mac address.

PieceKeepr

Jun 13, 2010
Florida
OnePlus 8 Pro
Not ROM related but I feel like I will get an answer here. Correct me if I am wrong, but the u11 unlocked phone will work on any gsm network correct? I need to replace mine and I'm seeing phones on eBay that say they are unlocked but will only work on AT&T and T-Mobile but will not work on Verizon which is what I have. This doesn't make sense to me because I have used my phone with Verizon and T-Mobile.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

DaveedDB

Nov 11, 2013
Bridgetown
Not ROM related but I feel like I will get an answer here. Correct me if I am wrong, but the u11 unlocked phone will work on any gsm network correct? I need to replace mine and I'm seeing phones on eBay that say they are unlocked but will only work on AT&T and T-Mobile but will not work on Verizon which is what I have. This doesn't make sense to me because I have used my phone with Verizon and T-Mobile.
I think it should work ,I think that just might be an old eBay listing template which they just copy and paste and every phone, the recent HTCs where different because the didn't really have carrier specific devices and if the did they still worked on other networks ,usually the say they won't work on sprint or Verizon and my sprint version worked liked it was unlocked ,but still it's good to ask and make sure it will work

Reactions: PieceKeepr

PieceKeepr

Jun 13, 2010
Florida
OnePlus 8 Pro
I got a new U11 because my old one was taking a crap and didn't want to spend a ton on a "new" phone. I unlocked the bootloader with HTC Dev, flashed the newest TWRP Recovery and then flashed the full Viper 2.3.0 ROM. The install went fine and I chose the Magisk root option as I did on my old U11 but when I boot the phone I have no root and I'm not seeing Magisk. I dirty flashed the ROM again and chose all the same settings but still no root. I don't remember having to flash Magisk seperately, but admittedly it's been a while since I last flashed anything on the phone. What am I missing?

Edit: Still not sure why it didn't work, but I solved it by flashing Magisk separately.

Last edited:

PieceKeepr

Jun 13, 2010
Florida
OnePlus 8 Pro
I know there was talk about a new version a while back. Any possibility that will still happen or is it a dead dream?

Is there a way to customize the carrier name on the lockscreen? I tried 2 different Xposed modules and neither worked.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    My htc u11 sluggish and freezing after latest updates of Magisk and apk from Google Play Store. I did clean flash Viper rom, setup my apk and when everything updates is sluggish again. Maybe is time to switch for Samsung or OnePlus? Mikalovtch announced something big couple months ago, but I thing Venom team resigned from U11.
    I used to have HTC phones up until the 10. Then I switched to the oneplus 6 and now I'm on the oneplus 8 pro. It's the best brand if you want to root your phone. Amongst all the other noteworthy things, you can't hard brick them because they offer a tool that restores the phone on the Qualcomm chip level. Viper rom was still the best custom rom ever. I miss it.
    WSijeWh.png

Featured by @Tomsgt aka RootJunky and @zedomax aka Highonandroid

More videos

devs.png

j to the 4n | m0narx | ivicask | topjohnwu

Installation.png

1. Download the latest rom from our venomroms download page
    2. If you got an external sdcard place the downloaded zip there. In case you haven't, wait for step 6 to copy it to your internal sdcard.
    3. Backup your internal sdcard if you got important content on it. Unlocking bootloader will wipe all your data, including your internal sdcard. Your external sdcard will stay untouched.
    4. Register at HTCdev if you dont have an account yet and follow the instructions there to unlock your bootloader
    5. Boot up your phone and copy the rom to your internal sdcard in case you didn't in step one to your external.
    6. Download the lastest TWRP Recovery version on the TRWP Download Page
    7. Flash it with fastboot with following command: fastboot flash recovery recovery.img (replace recovery.img with the actual filename it got downloaded with)
    8. To boot into recovery use 'adb reboot recovery' or press and hold power + volume down and wait till it booted to the bootloader. From there you can navigate with the volume buttons and confirm with the power button to boot to the recovery
    9. If you are coming from stock: Make a backup of your stock rom in TWRP recovery. Include System Image and Boot. Now you have a full stock backup, except recovery, in case you want to return back to stock one day.
    10. Ensure you allow system modifications in TWRP when asked.
    11. In TWRP click Install and pick the rom either from internal or external sdcard to install it.
    12. The installer will start and will guide you through the installation

visit.png

credits.png

Credits.png

XDA:DevDB Information
    24.09 - OREO ViperU 2.3.0 STABLE | 2.33.401.19 Tweaks | HUB | OTA , ROM for the HTC U11

Contributors
    j to the 4n, mikalovtch, topjohnwu, m0narx, Basil3
    ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: HTC Sense

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 2.3.0
    Stable Release Date: 2018-09-24
    Current Beta Version: 2.0.4
    Beta Release Date: 2017-12-13

Created 2017-06-09
    Last Updated 2018-09-23
    changelog.png
    ViperU 2.2.0 (18th June)
    Fixes& Updates
    • Updated all system apps
    • Updated Sense Home to HTC U12+ version 10.00.1035742
    • Added SystemUI from U12+
    • Added possibility to change extended quicksettings colors
    • Added custom open app animation
    • Added double tap to sleep on home screen
    Full wipe may be required.

ViperU 2.1.0 Stable is online

changelog.png

ViperU 2.1.0 Stable (Dec 19th)

Fixes& Updates
    • Rebase on 2.33.401.10
    • Fixed swap volume keys on landscape
    • Fixed Prism FC
    • Added Custom NEQS Tiles
    • Disabled all non working Mods in VenomTweaks, so you stop asking why they don't work
    • Fixed traffic and battery text not changing color on light statusbar

Some info to the Oreo Rom you should read:

For all people that are already on Oreo firmware can simply flash the rom as usual.
    WWE Oreo firmwares you can find here.

If you are on nougat firmware and flash the Oreo Rom your Wi-FI and and Voice in calls will just work if you flash the Oreo radio and DSP image from here: Oreo Radio and DSP Images

What you should be aware of:
    Returning back to Nougat will just work when you format data in TWRP, so back up your data and also your internal sdcard. In case you flashed the Oreo Radio and DSP image ensure you flash back the nougat ones (via RUU or firmware).

In case you decide to flash the Oreo firmware: There is no way back atm, since you would need S-OFF to downgrade and sunshine s-off is not supported yet on Oreo.

Downloads.png

AndroidFileHost
    Google Drive

If you are sorry for your bad english, want to know how to fastboot flash or boot the Rom or have any stupid question, then pm @nkk71
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone