Screenshot_20170922-221943.png
    117.8 KB · Views: 351
Reactions: sdamark

scottnet

Aug 28, 2010
Tainan
Cannot see those photos before installing new ROM

Hi,

I come to Viper from stock rom. I wiped everything except the internal storage. One question is that I cannot see the photos that they are existing before installing the rom in the HTC album/Google Photos app.

Screenshot_20170924-010353.png

But the photos can be seen in file explorer app.

It looks like a media scan related issue, but tried forced rescan media but in vain.

Can anyone please help?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170924-010353.png
    Screenshot_20170924-010353.png
    53.5 KB · Views: 210

donmarkoni

Sep 21, 2010
Belgrade
HTC U12+
Xiaomi 12 Pro
Hi,

I come to Viper from stock rom. I wiped everything except the internal storage. One question is that I cannot see the photos that they are existing before installing the rom in the HTC album/Google Photos app.

But the photos can be seen in file explorer app.

It looks like a media scan related issue, but tried forced rescan media but in vain.

Can anyone please help?

How did you force re-scan? Reboot should suffice, media scan is ran on boot.

Guy1731

Oct 13, 2006
Zellik
@ j to the 4n, I updated my firmware succesfully to 1.27.401.5.

Then I installed VIPER 1.7 magisk, and now my device doesn't start any more. I get bootlooped at startup. I get my opening screen (wih the unlock icon) and then it boots again automatically each time.

What should I do?

Thank you.

Last edited:

Black-FR

May 11, 2012

Then I installed VIPER 1.7 magisk, and now my device doesn't start any more. I get bootlooped at startup. I get my opening screen (wih the unlock icon) and then it boots again automatically each time.

What should I do?

Thank you.
Well... you updated only the firmware or also the system itself?
Only firmware update, will lead to the behavior which you describe.
If you also flashed the matching system.img and boot.img, then your device should boot correctly.

Sent from my HTC U11 using XDA Labs

Guy1731

Oct 13, 2006
Zellik
Ow? Should I do those also. I didn't read anything about that. I do my best, but my English...! The more I read the less I see. So complicated. I'm just a bicycle repair man, but I love this rom. ok, system.img and boot.img I also can find in the firmware treat?

Thank you, appreciated. ;)

Black-FR

May 11, 2012
Ow? Should I do those also. I didn't read anything about that. I do my best, but my English...! The more I read the less I see. So complicated. I'm just a bicycle repair man, but I love this rom. ok, system.img and boot.img I also can find in the firmware treat?

Thank you, appreciated. ;)
You gonna find the RUU in the stock ROM thread.
And with this nice tool, you could extract the boot.img and the system.img.
BTW after flashing the boot.img you will have to flash magisk 14 again.

https://xdaforums.com/chef-central/...-htc-ruu-rom-decryption-t3382928/post66943720

Sent from my HTC 10 using XDA Labs

Reactions: Guy1731

LibertyMonger

Mar 13, 2011
Cincinnati

What should I do?

Thank you.
I am on full ROM but if he is on Viper Magisk, shouldn't he be on 1.27.401.5 stock before flashing the Viper Magisk ROM? I think you have to be on stock ROM before flashing Viper Magisk. Correct me if I'm wrong. I had this problem my first time as well cause I did not understand completely. The Viper Magisk isn't a full ROM, you have to be on stock then flash Viper Magisk on top.

Black-FR

May 11, 2012
I am on full ROM but if he is on Viper Magisk, shouldn't he be on 1.27.401.5 stock before flashing the Viper Magisk ROM? I think you have to be on stock ROM before flashing Viper Magisk. Correct me if I'm wrong. I had this problem my first time as well cause I did not understand completely. The Viper Magisk isn't a full ROM, you have to be on stock then flash Viper Magisk on top.
Well.... that's what I explained already in the two postings before yours...
Yes, you need to have stock system.img and a matching boot.img

Guy1731

Oct 13, 2006
Zellik
Very well. I extracted the boot.img and the system.img. I suppose I flash them in twrp? My firmware is already 1.27.401.5, so I leave that in place? Next I flash magiskv13.3.zip again and it will update in the app? Am I on track here?

Thank you!

Black-FR

May 11, 2012
Very well. I extracted the boot.img and the system.img. I suppose I flash them in twrp? My firmware is already 1.27.401.5, so I leave that in place? Next I flash magiskv13.3.zip again and it will update in the app? Am I on track here?

Thank you!
Yes, you could flash the images via twrp.
Go to install and then select at the bottom right "install image file".
Then select the system.img and flash it as system.
Afterwards flash the boot.img as boot.

And then you could flash magisk 13.3 again or directly magisk v14.

Reactions: Guy1731

Guy1731

Oct 13, 2006
Zellik
Ow, how much I would like to say 'thank you' and 'everything is great' but I did everything you said and I'm stuck on the green 'htc' logo, and every few minutes it boots up again... to return to that green 'htc' logo screen. My charging led doesn't even light up! Is this what they call a bootloop?

So where to go from here?

Black-FR

May 11, 2012
Ow, how much I would like to say 'thank you' and 'everything is great' but I did everything you said and I'm stuck on the green 'htc' logo, and every few minutes it boots up again... to return to that green 'htc' logo screen. My charging led doesn't even light up! Is this what they call a bootloop?

So where to go from here?
You booted one time, after flashing the stock system.img and boot.img?
Does it boot? If yes, then flash the magisk uninstaller afterwards and boot the device.
Then flash magisk v14 and boot the device.
Afterwards flash the viper magisk ROM.

You could download the uninstaller here:

https://xdaforums.com/apps/magisk/official-magisk-v7-universal-systemless-t3473445/post68966662

Last edited:

Guy1731

Oct 13, 2006
Zellik
OMG, you are so patient with me. I confess that I have been dragging this Viper 1.5 rom for weeks now, and my heart was bleeding reading hundreds of pages of comments about the Viper 1.7 rom, which I couldn't install because I didn't have the 41.27.401.5 firmware, which Jan said was needed to install the Magisk version of the 1.7 Viper rom. Understand why I didn't concentrate on every post that has been written. Meaning I appreciate so much when a nooby, non-English speaking - though unconditional Viper rom addict - gets some other reply beside the usual 'please read!' or 'please use the search option' as we often received in the past, making us scared to ask as we fear to be judged as offenders of the holy XDA forum rules. I know you guys put a lot of your free time in this, but I know other people who also do things for free whenever they can help someone. Especially on a forum like this where answering (even noob) questions benefits to many readers.

Haha, ok, if you are still with me, here is where I am:
I was lucky to escape my bootloop and restore a backup I did before upgrading my firmware
Meaning I am now here: ViperU 1.5.0 - Magisk 14.0 - Android 7.1.1 - f/w 1.27.401.5 - CID: HTC__034 - twrp-3.1.1-0
I extracted the boot.img and the system.img from he ruu.
So what I am going to do now:
boot into twrp
flash system.img as system.
Boot?
Afterwards flash the boot.img as boot.
Boot?
Flash the magisk uninstaller and boot the device.
Flash magisk v14 and boot the device.
Flash the viper 1.7 magisk ROM.

Not sure if I should boot where I wrote 'Boot?'

This makes sense?

Thank you again.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WSijeWh.png

Featured by @Tomsgt aka RootJunky and @zedomax aka Highonandroid

More videos

devs.png

j to the 4n | m0narx | ivicask | topjohnwu

Installation.png

1. Download the latest rom from our venomroms download page
    2. If you got an external sdcard place the downloaded zip there. In case you haven't, wait for step 6 to copy it to your internal sdcard.
    3. Backup your internal sdcard if you got important content on it. Unlocking bootloader will wipe all your data, including your internal sdcard. Your external sdcard will stay untouched.
    4. Register at HTCdev if you dont have an account yet and follow the instructions there to unlock your bootloader
    5. Boot up your phone and copy the rom to your internal sdcard in case you didn't in step one to your external.
    6. Download the lastest TWRP Recovery version on the TRWP Download Page
    7. Flash it with fastboot with following command: fastboot flash recovery recovery.img (replace recovery.img with the actual filename it got downloaded with)
    8. To boot into recovery use 'adb reboot recovery' or press and hold power + volume down and wait till it booted to the bootloader. From there you can navigate with the volume buttons and confirm with the power button to boot to the recovery
    9. If you are coming from stock: Make a backup of your stock rom in TWRP recovery. Include System Image and Boot. Now you have a full stock backup, except recovery, in case you want to return back to stock one day.
    10. Ensure you allow system modifications in TWRP when asked.
    11. In TWRP click Install and pick the rom either from internal or external sdcard to install it.
    12. The installer will start and will guide you through the installation

visit.png

credits.png

Credits.png

XDA:DevDB Information
    24.09 - OREO ViperU 2.3.0 STABLE | 2.33.401.19 Tweaks | HUB | OTA , ROM for the HTC U11

Contributors
    j to the 4n, mikalovtch, topjohnwu, m0narx, Basil3
    ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: HTC Sense

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 2.3.0
    Stable Release Date: 2018-09-24
    Current Beta Version: 2.0.4
    Beta Release Date: 2017-12-13

Created 2017-06-09
    Last Updated 2018-09-23
    changelog.png
    ViperU 2.2.0 (18th June)
    Fixes& Updates
    • Updated all system apps
    • Updated Sense Home to HTC U12+ version 10.00.1035742
    • Added SystemUI from U12+
    • Added possibility to change extended quicksettings colors
    • Added custom open app animation
    • Added double tap to sleep on home screen
    Full wipe may be required.

ViperU 2.1.0 Stable is online

changelog.png

ViperU 2.1.0 Stable (Dec 19th)

Fixes& Updates
    • Rebase on 2.33.401.10
    • Fixed swap volume keys on landscape
    • Fixed Prism FC
    • Added Custom NEQS Tiles
    • Disabled all non working Mods in VenomTweaks, so you stop asking why they don't work
    • Fixed traffic and battery text not changing color on light statusbar

Some info to the Oreo Rom you should read:

For all people that are already on Oreo firmware can simply flash the rom as usual.
    WWE Oreo firmwares you can find here.

If you are on nougat firmware and flash the Oreo Rom your Wi-FI and and Voice in calls will just work if you flash the Oreo radio and DSP image from here: Oreo Radio and DSP Images

What you should be aware of:
    Returning back to Nougat will just work when you format data in TWRP, so back up your data and also your internal sdcard. In case you flashed the Oreo Radio and DSP image ensure you flash back the nougat ones (via RUU or firmware).

In case you decide to flash the Oreo firmware: There is no way back atm, since you would need S-OFF to downgrade and sunshine s-off is not supported yet on Oreo.

Downloads.png

AndroidFileHost
    Google Drive

If you are sorry for your bad english, want to know how to fastboot flash or boot the Rom or have any stupid question, then pm @nkk71