[25.June.2012][Dev] T-Mobile WiFi Calling Apps and Libs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

11nn93n9

Dec 10, 2007
Working nicely with my t-mobile provider on your latest ROM. In addition, I used duel boot android from SD while keeping Windows Phone 7 in NAND before. There were random reboots for all the ROMs that way. My phone won't last even a day without random reboots. Of course, I have a poor receiption situation. Now swithing to NADN, the random reboots disappeared. Only happend once on one of the ROMs among half a dozen that I tried.

tytung

Jun 21, 2010
sites.google.com
I installed the wifi calling and it seems to only work when my screen is on. So when I put my face to the phone, the sound gets all glitchy, but as soon as I pull my face away, it sounds fine. Any ideas why? I'm using MIUI ICS.

Which version do you get the glitchy sound when the screen is off?

WiFi-Calling-htcleo-ICS_for_NAND_v2.zip ?
WiFi-Calling-htcleo-ICS_for_NAND_testing-0520.zip ?
Or both?

Maybe WiFi is not always connected when the screen is off.
Flash GanOptimizer.apk_update.zip to see if it improves anything.
It will set WiFi to the high performance mode.

Attachments

• GanOptimizer.apk_update.zip
    158.9 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

azazellov

Dec 15, 2007
New York City
Hey Tytung thanks a lot, I flashed your wifi calling zip (WiFi-Calling-htcleo-ICS_for_NAND_v2.zip) and GanOptimizer.apk_update.zip and now wifi calling works flawlessly on your ICS v2.3 ROM. That was the problem, wifi was disconnecting when the screen was off. I also set wifi to never turn off.

So basically to get Wifi calling working on ICS, at least on Tytung's ICS NexusHD v2.3 ROM, this needs to be done:

1) Flash the Zip file that sets the Wifi to high performance:
http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1148238&d=1340388909

2) Set the Wifi to never sleep (System Settings>Wifi hit menu go to the Advanced Menu, Set "Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep" to "Always")

3) Flash the latest Wifi calling zip file (WiFi-Calling-htcleo-ICS_for_NAND_v2.zip, from June 18th)

Wifi calling works great, much better than with gingerbread in my experience.

Sent from my NexusHD2 using xda premium

Last edited:
Reactions: nick2k

nick2k

Feb 26, 2010
Maybe WiFi is not always connected when the screen is off.
Flash GanOptimizer.apk_update.zip to see if it improves anything.
It will set WiFi to the high performance mode.

Hey Tytung thanks a lot, I flashed the zip and now wifi calling works flawlessly on your ICS v2.3 ROM. That was the problem, wifi was disconnecting when the screen was off. I also set wifi to never turn off.

niiiiiiiiiiiice. i think my Wi-Fi Calling works perfectly now! the GanOptimizer.apk_update.zip did the trick. thanks!!! :)

11nn93n9

Dec 10, 2007
while sleeping, a call comes in but the phone is unable to connect the call. No sound, the phone seems hanging for a while and a "Process com.android.phone is not resonding. Would you like to close it? wait Ok " message pops up. I am on T-mobile using WiFi-Calling-htcleo-ICS_for_NAND_v2.zip with the latest ICS 4.0.4 r3 release ROM.

Last edited:

tytung

Jun 21, 2010
sites.google.com
while sleeping, a call comes in but the phone is unable to connect the call. No sound, the phone seems hanging for a while and a "Process com.android.phone is not resonding. Would you like to close it? wait Ok " message pops up. I am on T-mobile using WiFi-Calling-htcleo-ICS_for_NAND_v2.zip with the latest ICS 4.0.4 r3 release ROM.

Did you flash GanOptimizer.apk_update.zip?

Reactions: AKRRKA

tytung

Jun 21, 2010
sites.google.com
June 24 update:
The latest WiFi Calling packages which support both MAGLDR and cLK with working mobile data.

Changelog:

I cannot test them. Please report your result. Thanks.

June 25 update:
Something wrong when I check PPP or RMNET on MAGLDR.
I have reupload v3.1. Please download again.

Last edited:

cajunflavoredbob

May 1, 2010
Your Basement
June 24 update:
The latest WiFi Calling packages which support both MAGLDR and cLK with working mobile data.

Changelog:

I cannot test them. Please report your result. Thanks.

I'm downloading now. I can run a logcat. Do you know what tag I should filter for? I'm testing the ICS version on cLK 1.5.

logcat -v long exports everything. I can filter out the priority as well, so it isn't as long of a file.

11nn93n9

Dec 10, 2007
Cannnot get it to work. Tested WiFi-Calling-htcleo-ICS_for_NAND_v3.zip.
Once the app is run, it cannot be changed back. "Calling preference cannot be changed as SIM is invalid." message pops up.
Phone cannot find mobile provider any more. "Error while searching providers..." . No Access Point Names entries ini APNs.

kylew1212

Dec 1, 2011
Alabama
www.memoryx2.com
Once the app is run, it cannot be changed back. "Calling preference cannot be changed as SIM is invalid." message pops up.
Phone cannot find mobile provider any more. "Error while searching providers..." . No Access Point Names entries ini APNs.

Have you used wifi calling on the hd2 ever before? Their really is a technicality where you have to have a newer sim apparently.

Sent from my HTC HD2 using xda premium

cajunflavoredbob

May 1, 2010
Your Basement
Just finished testing. Everything works perfectly fine. The only things I noticed were low call volume during the WiFi call, which is normal even on my SGS2, and data takes about 30-40 seconds to turn back on after disabling WiFi.

The first connection to WiFi calling takes about 15-20 seconds before it is connected for calls.

Logcat reveals no errors or warnings.

I'd say this is the fix we've been waiting for. Thanks once again, tytung!

11nn93n9

Dec 10, 2007
Have you used wifi calling on the hd2 ever before? Their really is a technicality where you have to have a newer sim apparently.

Sent from my HTC HD2 using xda premium

The last version worked for me. But after the phone sleeps, calls coming in cannot be picked up. With this version, calls won't even come in.

tytung

Jun 21, 2010
sites.google.com
I'm downloading now. I can run a logcat. Do you know what tag I should filter for? I'm testing the ICS version on cLK 1.5.

logcat -v long exports everything. I can filter out the priority as well, so it isn't as long of a file.

Please read this post for more.
Code:
adb wait-for-device shell "logcat -b radio" > logcat_radio.log
adb wait-for-device shell "logcat" > logcat_ALL.log

Edit:
Since the latest update works for you, you don't need to provide any logcat. :)

supaet

Jun 29, 2007
got the same, v2 ics worked for me before, but it's buggy, no sound when screen is off, freezes after accepting call.
using tytung cm9 2.3

tested v3, lost gsm connection. had to reflash cm9 2.3 to get it back. tried to flash v3 again, same issue

thanks

edit: actually, just flash back to v2, it works, but flashing to v3 again will kill gsm signal.

Thanks

Last edited:

tamba52

Jan 9, 2009
Same problem in Viber freezes after accepting call

Sent from my Nexus One using xda premium

11nn93n9

Dec 10, 2007
Which bootloader do you use? cLK? MAGLDR?
Which ROM do you use?
Do you install or set something to disable WiFi or lower the CPU frequency when the screen is off?

ROM: your ICS CM9 4.0.4 HWA v2.3.
I install the ROM fresh. Then installed the softkey patches. Finally installed the Wifi calling lib. No other packages installed. When screen is off, wifi is not disabled. This seems the case since when screen back on, wifi is enabled.

I use MAGLDR+CWR to install the zip files.
Thanks.

Last edited:

tytung

Jun 21, 2010
sites.google.com
got the same, v2 ics worked for me before, but it's buggy, no sound when screen is off, freezes after accepting call.
using tytung cm9 2.3

tested v3, lost gsm connection. had to reflash cm9 2.3 to get it back. tried to flash v3 again, same issue

thanks

edit: actually, just flash back to v2, it works, but flashing to v3 again will kill gsm signal.

Thanks

OK. Something wrong when I check PPP or RMNET on MAGLDR.
I have reupload v3.1. Please download again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    June 25 update:

June 18 update:
    The universal update file for both MAGLDR and cLK is finished.
    Mobile data issue is fixed. It works well on MAGLDR. Please test with cLK.
    Please flash WiFi-Calling-htcleo-ICS_for_NAND_v2.zip and report your result.

May 20 update:
    Included the latest ICS libs and app from the HTC Sensation ROM.
    Since I am not a T-Mobile customer, I cannot test it.
    But I think it may work for you.
    Please flash WiFi-Calling-htcleo-ICS_for_NAND_testing-0520.zip and report your result.

Sep. 13 update:
    Included the latest lib and updated settings of default.prop from HTC Glacier ROM.

Aug. 23 update:
    The universal update file for NAND is finished.
    I found that /system/default.prop has higher priority than /system/build.prop, so I moved WiFi Calling setup info from build.prop to default.prop.
    It's just a re-package for all Gingerbread ROMs. No new features.

Known issues:
    If WiFi Calling makes yours phone freeze for whatever reasons, you should try the following steps.

====== The below info can be ignored. ======

Aug. 2 update:
    Only build.prop is changed to match V2.9T NAND and SD.

Jul. 9 update:
    Please replace wifi-calling-htcleo-gb-20110709_for_SD.zip (for WM6.5) after using NexusHD2-Gingerbread_V2.8_SD_(GB-2.3.4).7z on WM6.5.

Jun. 28 update:
    Please flash wifi-calling-htcleo-gb-20110628.zip (for MAGLDR) after flashing NexusHD2-Gingerbread_V2.8_NAND_(Android-2.3.4)_update.zip.
    P.S. Only build.prop is changed to match V2.8T.

Jun. 24 update:
    Good news here. WiFi Calling works well for most people now.
    Update your SIM card [pictures], then your phone won't get frozen. (It's very very important.)
    Reference post.

Jun. 5 update:
    Please flash new wifi-calling-htcleo-gb-20110515 new for miui 1.5.20.zip. (Thanks to calculus.)
    P.S. Only build.prop is changed.

May 18 update:
    Please flash wifi-calling-htcleo-gb-20110518.zip (for MAGLDR) after flashing NexusHD2-Gingerbread_V2.7_NAND_(Android-2.3.4)_update.zip.

May 8 update: T-Mobile WiFi Calling on NexusHD2-Gingerbread V2.7T
    In order to enable WiFi Calling, we need to remove libhtc_ril_wrapper.so in init.rc and load libganril.so from build.prop instead.
    Thus, you must have MAGLDR 1.13 bootloader on device if you want to use WiFi Calling and 3G/HSDPA mobile network (RMNET).
    • CWM: backup and restore => Backup you current ROM first. (Required)
    • CWM: wipe data/factory reset to have a clean installation.
    Installation Guide for NexusHD2-Gingerbread V2.7:
    1. Flash MAGLDR
      • Download MAGLDR 1.13 (606 KB)
      • Enter SPL by holding VOL DOWN key while booting the phone. (Make sure you have HSPL.)
      • Run ROMUpdateUtility.exe to flash MAGLDR 1.13 (magldr.nbh).
    2. Flash ClockworkMod Recovery
      • Download MAGLDR_CWM_Recovery_v3.0.2.5_for_NexusHD2_135M.zip (5.1 MB)
      • Enter MAGLDR 1.13 by holding power key while booting the phone, and then select "USB Flasher" via "VolUp" and "VolDown". Confirm key is green "Call" button.
      • Edit flash.cfg and change "system ya 135M" to "system ya 145M". (Or use another method to enlarge your system space in order to provide enough space for WiFi Calling libs and apps.)
      • Run DAF.exe to flash ClockworkMod Recovery 3.0.2.5 (MAGLDR_recovery_3.0.2.5.img).
    3. Flash Android ROM
    4. Flash WiFi Calling libs and apps

WiFi Calling works on HTC HD2 according to the following posts. (But some people still have wifi calling app freeze issues. No solution so far.)
    attachment.php

Credits for WiFi Calling: zinx, unforgiven512, krohnjw, tytung, etc.

Installation Guide for other ROMs:
    1. Make sure you have at least 15 MB free system space. Type adb shell df command to check the system space.
    2. Make sure you remove libhtc_ril_wrapper.so in init.rc.
    3. Make sure you add WiFi Calling settings in build.prop.
    4. Flash kernel_tytung_r10_update.zip (for Gingerbread 2.3.4 only)
      • Modify init.htcleo.rc and change service dhcpcd_eth0 to service dhcpcd before flashing kernel_tytung_r10_update.zip on Gingerbread 2.3.3.
    5. Flash wifi-calling-htcleo-20110508.zip
      • Get build.prop from your original ROM.
      • Edit build.prop with the following WiFi Calling settings.
        • Comment or remove rild.libpath=/system/lib/libhtc_ril.so
          Code:
          #rild.libpath=/system/lib/libhtc_ril.so
        • Add
          Code:
          # WiFi Calling #
          rild.libpath=/system/lib/librilswitch.so
          rilswitch.vendorlibpath=/system/lib/libhtc_ril.so
          rilswitch.ganlibpath=/system/lib/libganril.so
          mobiledata.interfaces=gannet0,rmnet0,rmnet1,rmnet2,ppp0,ppp1,ppp2
          # Extras #
          # Uncomment the following line if you enjoy having the 3G prefix :)
          #ro.ril.enable.3g.prefix=1
          ro.ril.def.agps.feature=1
      • Update your modified build.prop to /system/build.prop in wifi-calling-htcleo-20110508.zip before flashing it.

If you're trying WiFi Calling and encounter any issues, please provide the logs of logcat. Thanks.
    Code:
    adb wait-for-device shell "logcat | grep 'KIPC\|GAN\|Kineto'" > logcat_Kineto.log
    adb wait-for-device shell "logcat -b radio" > logcat_radio.log
    adb wait-for-device shell "logcat" > logcat_ALL.log

Below info is for NexusHD2-Gingerbread_V2.6T_WiFi-Calling_update_20110418.zip only.
    Apr. 25 update:
    Please flash tytung_r9_wificalling_update20110425.zip (for cLK and MAGLDR) after flashing NexusHD2-Gingerbread_V2.6T_WiFi-Calling_update_20110418.zip.

Apr. 23 update:
    Please flash cLK_tytung_r9_wificalling_update20110423.zip (for cLK and MAGLDR) after flashing NexusHD2-Gingerbread_V2.6T_WiFi-Calling_update_20110418.zip.

Apr. 18 update:
    I have added Kineto Gan stuff in my r9 kernel to support WiFi Calling for T-Mobile USA users.
    Current WiFi Calling app works on Froyo and Gingerbread.
    I'm not a T-Mobile user, so I get Invalid SIM error and cannot do more testings when running WiFi Calling app.
    If you are a T-Mobile customer and want to test my modified NexusHD2-Gingerbread ROM, please follow the steps below.

According to T-Mobile Wifi Calling thread in Nexus S forum, we need a compatible RIL (libhtc_ril.so) (maybe need a compatible radio too) that supports WiFi Calling.

Installations:
    You should have either MAGLDR 1.13 or cLK 1.4 bootloader on device.
    • CWM (ClockworkMod) Recovery Version via SD card (Flash update.zip)
      • Installing CWM_Recovery_for_NexusHD2 (135MB system and 2MB cache) (Required)
      • For Android installation you need to enter CWM Recovery.
      • CWM: backup and restore => Backup you current ROM first. (Required)
      • CWM: wipe data/factory reset to have a clean installation. (Required)
      • CWM: install zip from sdcard: locate NexusHD2-Gingerbread_V2.6T_WiFi-Calling_update_20110418.zip to finish the Android installation.(Required)
    Installation Guide for MAGLDR 1.13:
    1. Flash MAGLDR
      • Download MAGLDR 1.13 (606 KB)
      • Enter SPL by holding VOL DOWN key while booting the phone. (Make sure you have HSPL.)
      • Run ROMUpdateUtility.exe to flash MAGLDR 1.13 (magldr.nbh).
      • Download MAGLDR_CWM_Recovery_v3.0.2.4_for_NexusHD2_135M_rboot.zip (RAW boot partition) (4.17 MB) (Apr. 16)
      • Enter MAGLDR 1.13 by holding power key while booting the phone, and then select "USB Flasher" via "VolUp" and "VolDown". Confirm key is green "Call" button.
      • Run DAF.exe to flash ClockworkMod Recovery 3.0.2.4 (MAGLDR_recovery_3.0.2.4.img).
    3. Flash Android ROM

Installation Guide for cLK 1.4:
    1. Flash cLK
      • Download cLK_1.4_CWM_Recovery_v3.0.2.4.zip (4.2 MB) (Apr. 13)
      • Enter fastboot mode by holding back key (left arrow) while booting the phone.
      • Run fastboot_install_recovery.bat to flash ClockworkMod Recovery 3.0.2.4 (cLK_1.4_recovery_3.0.2.4.img).
    3. Flash Android ROM

NexusHD2-Gingerbread_V2.6T_WiFi-Calling_update_20110418.zip uses PPP by default and is compatible with cLK and MAGLDR.
    You can delete /system/ppp file to switch to RMNET mode in MAGLDR. (cLK doesn't support RMNET.)
    Apr 25: After installing new tytung_r9_wificalling_update.zip, your phone will be changed to RMNET mode.
    I was thinking of posting a new thread but may be Tytung can update his first page.
    I searched everywhere and finally found a working solution.

Credit goes to krunalkp in miuiandroid.com

T-MOUSA Wifi calling For HD2 fully functioning with working MIUI V11.1, and
    NexusHD2-Gingerbread V2.7. Here is the exact steps that I used.

Make sure you do a clean install for Nexus and then wifi calling.
    1. in CWM, Wipe Dalvik cache, wipe cache partition, wipe data/factory reset
    2. Install nexus, wifi calling

May want to do the same for Miui.
    Always test installation on a fresh install.
    Also call T-mobile to sign up for the free wifi calling.

1. For NexusHD2-Gingerbread V2.7 users.
    reflash Flash ClockworkMod Recovery following:
    Edit flash.cfg and change "system ya 135M" to "system ya 175M"
    Flash the following modified file. (this is modified so don't download any
    other version. )
    Modified pack for MIUI 1.5.20
    http://www.multiupload.com/NF1K78B1KP

2. For HD2 NDT MIUI GINGER ROM V11.1
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1010498
    reflash Flash ClockworkMod Recovery following:
    Edit flash.cfg and change "system ya 135M" to "system ya 175M"
    Flash the following modified file. (this is modified so don't download any
    other version. )
    Modified pack for MIUI 1.5.13
    http://www.multiupload.com/DKOQYZHUYH

Finally i got T-mobile wifi calling for both my MIUI V11.1 and Nexus working...
    My miui apps ( music, file explorer, gallery etc ) are working... i don't see any problems
    at all.. and also wifi calling is working gr8... I can make and receive calls.
    I haven't tried other rom, but any rom with tytung's r10 update should work.
    You can probably mix and match both modified pack. I just happen to install them
    this way. Good luck everyone.

I like using NexusHD2-Gingerbread V2.7 as it's more lean, faster and stable than the
    Miui V11.1. It also has build in VOIP dialer, so if tmobile wifi doesn't work, you can still
    call with it. Also Nexus has App2SD with apps install right onto my memory card. I don't
    need to perform another Ext4 partition.

One more thing. Tmobile wifi calling seems to work on my prepaid card, as well as
    post paid plan with even more plus.

thanks GOES TO TYTUNG FOR SUCH A GR8 JOB...

Final update:
    Get the latest Sim card from Tmobile, then everything should work.
    Well, the real problem is not PPP itself, but the ppp wrapper libhtc_ril_wrapper.so.

The original rild.libpath property is /system/lib/libhtc_ril.so which supports RMNET only.

But we need to set rild.libpath=/system/lib/libhtc_ril_wrapper.so for PPP.
    Code:
    # for PPP data connection
    rild.libpath=/system/lib/libhtc_ril_wrapper.so
    rild.libargs=-d /dev/smd0

And we need to set rild.libpath=/system/lib/librilswitch.so for Wi-Fi Calling.
    Code:
    # T-Mobile Wi-Fi Calling #
    rild.libpath=/system/lib/librilswitch.so
    rilswitch.vendorlibpath=/system/lib/libhtc_ril.so
    rilswitch.ganlibpath=/system/lib/libganril.so
    ro.ril.enable.ganlite=1

So they are conflict. We can only set rild.libpath to one value.

Not sure if it will work, but you can try this:

1) rename "libhtc_ril.so" to "libhtc_orig_ril.so"
    2) Right here (line 750), change "libhtc_ril.so" to "libhtc_orig_ril.so", compile the lib (i am noob at android development so don't really know how you guys compile shared objects..)
    3) rename libhtc_ril_wrapper.so to libhtc_ril.so
    4) change vendor ril to "libhtc_ril.so" (this is actually the ppp wrapper) and you can use rild.libpath as /system/lib/librilswitch.so

I'm in hurry so maybe i was not clear, but i hope you understand what i meant.
    Are you effin kidding me? Is this a work in progress or a test of something real?

Will follow directions and report back.

T Mobile USA Here!!

THANKS!!

A test of something real, but I cannot guarantee it will work.
    Some devs said that WiFi Calling is dependent on the radio firmware.
    Since our radio is designed for Windows Mobile 6.5, and it should not support WiFi Calling on WM.
    However, the test is still worth it.
    I know what you said.
    But I don't think this name changing method will work.
    According to some posts below I refer to when I make WiFi Calling working for GB.
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=11643634&postcount=103
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=11744801&postcount=118

Code:
    D/RILSWITCH(  129): Sending RIL_REQUEST_OEM_HOOK_RAW (GSM_AUTH) to vendor RIL
    RILSWITCH will send RIL_REQUEST_OEM_HOOK_RAW (GSM_AUTH) to vendor RIL directly.
    But the vendor RIL is now the ppp wrapper which cannot handle this request.

Code:
    grep -i 'ril_request_oem' ./libhtc_ril_wrapper.c
    case RIL_REQUEST_OEM_HOOK_RAW: return "OEM_HOOK_RAW";
    case RIL_REQUEST_OEM_HOOK_STRINGS: return "OEM_HOOK_STRINGS";

worth a try, it is just passing all the request to the original ril except for data requests which it manipulates, so it should do the job in theory.