• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

256GB MicroSDXC Available (who needs to MOD anything?)

Search This thread

Byggeren

Sep 11, 2008
Trustworthy...

NOT!

We've probably hit the nail on the head. Blablabla answers, absolutely no links or reviews.

Please don't throw your money at this scam!

tytechguy

Aug 9, 2012
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but when people start to personally attack me I draw the line.

I don't really care what people think.... my only regret is that I introduced myself... A few civilised members have requested cards to assess and write reviews and I thank them for their support.

These cards are real, this not a scam and their are 100's of them in circulation, we offer a lifetime warranty and try to be as open and transparent as possible.

This will be my last post.... The only other correspondence regarding EGO-360 microSD cards will be via your own member reviews.

Jonathon

Look bud, sorry if you feel I personally attacked you. But you have to see things through the XDA community's eyes (at least the ones who share my view on this). 1. You're new and come from left field selling a new product. 2. You claim to have access to new technology that isn't available to the masses from the biggest companies that specialize in the very thing you're selling. 3. We (at least I) have yet to see any convencing video proving the validity of your product. And lastly, 4. With every new product comes skeptics especially when there is no evidence that what you say is true. Only what you and your website says. So take this however, if you produce the product and it's everything you say, I will publicly recant my statement earlier and offer my apologies for being wrong about you and your product. Until then, I stand behind what I said.

Good day to you sir...

b00mb00mchuck

Jul 16, 2012
Right here... Right now
The First commercially available 256 GB SDXC was announced on September 17, 2012 by Lexar.

According to Moore's Law, the number of transistors double every 18 months or 2 years.

Couple this with the advent of TLC (if indeed that's what's being used), meaning 3 writes per cell instead of 2 in MLC.

So that's an extra 50% increase of storage space.

Is it really that far fetched to see a 256GB MicroSDXC a year later?

Do a google search on Moore's law... those days are over and it doesn't apply as it used to.

And the reference to an SDXC card isn't relative to this thread... the first 128Gb micro hasn't even hit the market yet... so doesn't it stand to reason it would be 18 to 24 months from that date we would see the 256? (Given the idea that Moore's would still be on schedule)

Last edited:

b00mb00mchuck

Jul 16, 2012
Right here... Right now
I found the best components,
they do not exist yet

selected a manufacturer ( painful),
there isn't one

did a sample run,
that would have taken all the money you ever made on those crappy speakers

tested 30 cards of each in 3 groups, made a few tweaks. Ordered a small number .... Gone .... order a bigger number ... Gone ... Every Forum in the world jumps on me.... Ordered a huge number, so far 50% gone...

and you still haven't taken a simple picture or video to make this seem more legit... .

Come on dude... it's no wonder people are attacking this

Russbad

Nov 16, 2010
Translated:

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but when people start to personally attack me I draw the line.

I don't really care what people think.... my only regret is that I introduced myself... A few civilised members have requested cards to assess and write reviews and I thank them for their support.

These cards are real, this not a scam and their are 100's of them in circulation, we offer a lifetime warranty and try to be as open and transparent as possible.

This will be my last post.... The only other correspondence regarding EGO-360 microSD cards will be via your own member reviews.

Jonathon

TRANSLATED: "Oh crap! They are on to me. Time to make my disappearing act, this is my last post. No one will ever see or hear from me again, even those who actually paid for this vaporware."

klau1

Jan 1, 2008
Do a google search on Moore's law... those days are over and it doesn't apply as it used to.

And the reference to an SDXC card isn't relative to this thread... the first 128Gb micro hasn't even hit the market yet... so doesn't it stand to reason it would be 18 to 24 months from that date we would see the 256? (Given the idea that Moore's would still be on schedule)

Do you think companies release everything they are capable of immediately?

Why not milk it with something inferior first before releasing the next best thing so people will have to buy it all over again?

Remeber, microsds can also be used in sd slots with adapters. So there is no reason to buy normal sized sds once microsds exist.

So companies HALF their profit potential from people who otherwise would have bought it twice(first time for their sd camera and second time an mircosd) just so it can be interchanged between their microsd smartphone to share photos.

Last edited:

ilegales

Jun 6, 2012
These cards are real, this not a scam and their are 100's of them in circulation,

Jonathon

Really interesting that none of those people who own some of them 100's of cards out there
have even posted a snapshot or video or said on any forum that they exist or even work.....

100's of them out there.....not one photo exists.........

klau1

Jan 1, 2008
Marketing 101 says Negative experiences are several times more likely to be expressed online compared to positive ones.

So by your argument, why haven't we heard of any complaints?

graffixnyc

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 21, 2011
New York City
www.graffixnyc.com
Guys..I've been alerted about this thread. I will leave it be for now because there is no proof either way if it's legit or not. Whomever ordered.. PLEASE PM me and let me know the outcome. I will try to check back in the thread but sometimes it might slip my mind. So please keep me in the loop about this and I will take action (or not) depending on the outcome people get

b00mb00mchuck

Jul 16, 2012
Right here... Right now
Do you think companies release everything they are capable of immediately?

Oh hell yeah I do... in this day and age? They release the fact that they have ALMOST have the technology available to THEORETICALLY produce something that MIGHT be available in the next two years , just so they can be the first to start the buzz that will work everybody into a buying frenzy.

The problem with this thread is this...

Dude claims he's smart enough to create something out of thin air that the public is begging for and multi billion dollar company's are scrambling to produce...

But his marketing of said product is on "garage sale" levels showing that he has missed the whole point of this being his chance at multi-millions of dollars in retirement.

This is a simple sweep scam... you sweep all the tech forums with something that is amazing if it's true... catch a few orders from each forum to generate some cash for christmas and disappear .... I mean look at what happened here... no proof, no pictures, no proof of sales and he got like 5 members to order just from this thread? And we're supposed to be the smart forum with all the gear heads looking for mods and ROMs and he already banged us for a grand... imagine what's going on elswhere.

It would be great to eat my words on this one because then I would actually have one of these cards... but simply put... pics or it didn't happen... I've looked around enough to see that this guy is spending a good portion of his day on the computer trying to spam orders from unsuspecting forum members... he "has a large order" of these cards sitting in front of him and can't take 2 minutes to post a pic?

If he doesn't care about sales , why is he here on all these forums? Why is he advertising them on his website?

If he does care about sales then why not post a quick pic? And why not do some very basic marketing so you don't look like a douche running a lemon stand?

This is so transparent it's amazing it still happens.

klau1

Jan 1, 2008
I don't agree with your first part.

Companies often collude to price lock, tech lock to keep the market maximally milked. Especially when competitors are few, as they are in the sd flash market.

You second point, I agree with you. There are seemingly illogical things being done.

But still can't explain why his twitter feed has be years in the running to sell his speaker product.

Why start the scam and ruin his reputation now?

(Might I remind you, there are still no complaints yet on those forums you speak of)

Last edited:

sIpInWiT mYdRoId

May 21, 2012
Greenfield, WI
last time this happened it was on ebay with a bunch of people selling 256gb sandisk micro sd's & they ended up all being 32gb fakes. Not trying to rain on anyones parade just sayin. It will be pretty awesome though if they are available and work. Id order 1 this minute.

---------- Post added at 03:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

Screw it, moneys not an issue to me when it comes to something this awesome. Definitely not trying to sound like some money bags ahole either. Just ordered one that fast after i found out i could pay with paypal cause now i have no way to lose cause paypal will not allow me to be scammed, especially with how much money i move through them via ebay with my Cell Phone and PC sales. I guess shipping is even free. total came to 179.00 even after complete check out. Plus it shows it delivers out with what will be converted to USPS mail once it gets here to the U.S. I guess i'll report back here after i get it if anyone would like me to after i receive it. I hope it works with this phone but eve if it dont i have many other things i could use this with. Thanks to the poster of this for the info :)

kms108

Sep 16, 2007
last time this happened it was on ebay with a bunch of people selling 256gb sandisk micro sd's & they ended up all being 32gb fakes. Not trying to rain on anyones parade just sayin. It will be pretty awesome though if they are available and work. Id order 1 this minute.

---------- Post added at 03:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

Screw it, moneys not an issue to me when it comes to something this awesome. Definitely not trying to sound like some money bags ahole either. Just ordered one that fast after i found out i could pay with paypal cause now i have no way to lose cause paypal will not allow me to be scammed, especially with how much money i move through them via ebay with my Cell Phone and PC sales. I guess shipping is even free. total came to 179.00 even after complete check out. Plus it shows it delivers out with what will be converted to USPS mail once it gets here to the U.S. I guess i'll report back here after i get it if anyone would like me to after i receive it. I hope it works with this phone but eve if it dont i have many other things i could use this with. Thanks to the poster of this for the info :)

The note 2 has been confirmed to work with a sd card at 256GB, so i'm sure the note 3 will support this size.

Reactions: coolfire

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    EDIT: PLEASE READ THE THREAD. THE AUTHENTICITY OF THIS OFFER THIS IN QUESTION.
    Sorry for the delay
    I just got back from my trip...
    This guy is a FRAUD...
    Never got my card and the seller never responded.
    Just opened my paypal claim
    Don't buy it was too good to be true but I wanted to test if this guy was legit and help everyone out

Looks like 256 GB MicroSDXCs are finally available for purchase! And at a very reasonable price!! $179

EGO-360 256GB MicroSDXC UHS-I card with USB Adapter
    http://www.myego360.com/products/ego-360-256gb-microsdxc-uhs-i-card-with-usb-adapter

Found some info from the developer:
    Hi Guys,
    My name is Jonathon Dodge, I am the lead designer for EGO-360. We developed our new range of microSD cards out of necessity, we were buying thousands of cards every month and our microSD providers were aways giving us delays, price increases and excuses. So I designed our new cards with the best component supplier Samsung. Our class range is class 10 cards are driven by SDR50 and our UHS-I by SDR104.

Now unlike some manufacturers that advertise fast speeds that are way off, we have the average speeds on our website. We test 30 cards in 3 groups, 1000 times. The three test environments ( Hot and Humid), ( Cold and Dry) & ( Office 22C within an Electromagnetic field). We write an encrypted code up to full capacity, verify & delete ( not format) 1000x per card.

Our cards work in most devices that I have tested, I have a 256GB SDXC card (exFat) in my Samsung S4 and the fastest it writes is 13.75mbytes, which is slower than some others.

We are users that have become manufacturers to support users like us....

Kindest Regards,

Jonathon
    Sorry for the delay
    I just got back from my trip...
    This guy is a FRAUD...
    Never got my card and the seller never responded.
    Just opened my paypal claim
    Don't buy it was too good to be true but I wanted to test if this guy was legit and help everyone out
    EGO-360 microSD cards

Did op order? Because until somebody orders and verifies thread title needs to be changed. The description quoted just reeks of scam and all the pictures show 32gb generic micro sd's with generic USB adapters to boot.

sent from my sm-9005.

Jonathon Dodge here, this not a scam and I took that picture quickly to get something into our product descriptions. We have had an issue with the packaging of the first shipments due to it's size and it fitting into our accessory blister packages of our other products. So with the new packaging coming through this week, my graphics team with take some pretty pictures and updated the product profiles and apologies for any inconvenience.

Our first two shipments were sold before they even hit our door to people close this project and our third shipment will be shipped by air on Thursday to our international buyers after coming through customs here in Australia.

We test 1% of every shipment for quality assurance and everything comes to me in Australia before the cards are shipped out across the world.

I have attached my Korean team's average sample h2testw jpg for you to review and if anyone would like to ask me a question, Im happy to help.

Kindest Regards,

Jonathon Dodge
    Just ordered mines
    Order #1050

When it gets here I will post reviews and some test
    Thats a fair comment, however we primarily developed these microSD card for ourselves and thought we would put them them out there is see what would happen. We never expected to sell any... Buy or Don't that's an individual choice, we bundle them with our other products.

Kindest Regards,

Jonathon

You should have it reviewd by a reliable online news agency like Engadget to get some trust in