• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

256GB MicroSDXC Available (who needs to MOD anything?)

Search This thread

qsgsg

Sep 6, 2010
Although it does seems shady with no video proof at all, dont forget innovation always starts from somewhere. It doesn't have to be from a big firm. This reminds me of the ingenious dual micro sd into a sony micro stick adapter which i used to put into my PSP at a lower cost by some unknown startup.

kms108

Sep 16, 2007
Although it does seems shady with no video proof at all, dont forget innovation always starts from somewhere. It doesn't have to be from a big firm. This reminds me of the ingenious dual micro sd into a sony micro stick adapter which i used to put into my PSP at a lower cost by some unknown startup.

I remember this, I have one, put 2 64GB micro sdxc into it for a 128GB.

@rbiter

Dec 4, 2011
Its not impossible some nobody would have something like this. Weird it is some dude out of Australia and not Chinese or Taiwanese. And if the cards are legit what kind of write cycles would they have. I kind of hope it comes through. Man the possibilities. The partitions. Nothing but FLAC and I could finally rid myself of mp3's. Other possibilities though are these could be prototypes/beta for a bigger company. Almost everybody in here should be cool with that considering we've dealt with google and it's beta stuff for quite awhile.

sent from my sm-9005.

panoz

Jan 20, 2007
... Just ordered one that fast after i found out i could pay with paypal cause now i have no way to lose cause paypal will not allow me to be scammed, especially with how much money i move through them via ebay with my Cell Phone and PC sales. I guess shipping is even free. total came to 179.00 even after complete check out. Plus it shows it delivers out with what will be converted to USPS mail once it gets here to the U.S. I guess i'll report back here after i get it if anyone would like me to after i receive it. I hope it works with this phone but eve if it dont i have many other things i could use this with. Thanks to the poster of this for the info :)

Thank you! All we hear are opinions "It's a scam, no it's not, Buy, Don't buy". Seriously, noone in communities like these cares much about personal opinions, while everyone enjoys FACTS!
So to the people who can afford or circumvent being scammed, thank you for trying it out and saving the rest of us the "pain and agony ".
Please do get back to us either way!

And to the know-it-all's, there's a ****load of manufacturers an even bigger ****load of components, and a ton of ****load of company policies that you can't even begin to imagine..
So unless you're an insider, state your opinion with less prejudice and more humility. Scripta manent (written words stay) as the wise Romans said.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Reactions: d12unk13astard

Russbad

Nov 16, 2010
Thank you! All we hear are opinions "It's a scam, no it's not, Buy, Don't buy". Seriously, noone in communities like these cares much about personal opinions, while everyone enjoys FACTS!
So to the people who can afford or circumvent being scammed, thank you for trying it out and saving the rest of us the "pain and agony ".
Please do get back to us either way!

And to the know-it-all's, there's a ****load of manufacturers an even bigger ****load of components, and a ton of ****load of company policies that you can't even begin to imagine..
So unless you're an insider, state your opinion with less prejudice and more humility. Scripta manent (written words stay) as the wise Romans said.

I agree, everyone does enjoy facts. It's not unreasonable for consumers to ask the seller for facts before he can earn my money. The burden of proof should be on him, not the consumers risking their money without proof the product even exists. It's really not that hard to at least provide a picture, we're not asking for glamor shots of the product. So far we have nothing but claims from Mr. Dodge. If he is legit, he has the worst marketing skills. If he can't even provide us a picture of his product, and it's been days, how can we expect product support from his company and his promises? If all checks out and he is legitimate, he is still someone I would not do business with considering how he handled this whole thing.

Reactions: itsdubai
Nov 21, 2013
and here's a healthy dose of scepticism

let's associate it with a business referred to by the Australian corporate regulator as bankrupt

replace the space DOT space with .
Code:
linkedin dot com/pub/jonathon-dodge/8/425/794

whoismind dot com/whois/myego-360.com.html
[email protected]>supershift DOT com DOT au/index.php?action=news
^@url:D
insolvencynotices dot asic dot gov dot au/browsesearch-notices/notice-details/One-Dodge-Family-Pty-Ltd-107561982/ff75a5fc-f70c-4bb4-a764-6f7eabcade45

name911 DOT com/whois/18002STRIP.COM
www DOT ipaustralia.com.au/applicant/one-dodge-family-pty-ltd-as-trustee-for-one-dodge-/trademarks/1419378/
www DOT dynamicbusiness.com.au/extracts/asic/organisation/162866784/JD-ROCKEFELLER-PTY-LTD
www DOT acma.gov.au/webwr/telcomm/telephone_numbering/smartnumbers/winning_bidders-29april2013.xlsx

reversewhois DOT domaintools.com/one-dodge-family-pty-ltd
www DOT reversemx.com/mxip/60.240.9.18/

whois DOT domaintools.com/ego-360.com <- fakenameisfake there
reversewhois DOT domaintools.com/mandy-richardson

fremantlemarkets DOT com.au/node/73

1300123677	250	ONE DODGE FAMILY PTY LTD	ONE DODGE FAMILY PTY LTD

1300485629	500	The Trustee For The One Dodge Family Trust	itjobz

1800278747	ONE DODGE FAMILY PTY LTD	$250.00	02 March 2012	 
1300123677	ONE DODGE FAMILY PTY LTD	$250.00	02 March 2012
[code]

bolinao

May 26, 2011
let's associate it with a business referred to by the Australian corporate regulator as bankrupt

replace the space DOT space with .
Code:
whoismind.com/whois/myego-360.com.html
[email protected]>supershift.com.au/index.php?action=news
^@url
insolvencynotices.asic.gov.au/browsesearch-notices/notice-details/One-Dodge-Family-Pty-Ltd-107561982/ff75a5fc-f70c-4bb4-a764-6f7eabcade45
name911.com/whois/18002STRIP.COM

[code][/QUOTE]

I gave up trying to get this one to work,just post the link as it is.

cpufrost

Feb 26, 2012
Big Country
Its like the guys selling fake microsds on ebay.

I remember those. They would format and show xxGB available too! Say you bought a 32GB (back when that was HUGE!) and it cost what a 4GB cost. Too good to be true. People reported that once they started filling them up they would fail around 4 or 8GB and the file system would become unmountable. Turns out they used some sort of controller to trick the host OS into recognizing it as a much bigger drive and people were satisfied at first.

My advice to anyone that buys it and receives it: put it in card reader in your PC and fill it up FULL and see how that works out for you!

@rbiter

Dec 4, 2011
I remember those. They would format and show xxGB available too! Say you bought a 32GB (back when that was HUGE!) and it cost what a 4GB cost. Too good to be true. People reported that once they started filling them up they would fail around 4 or 8GB and the file system would become unmountable. Turns out they used some sort of controller to trick the host OS into recognizing it as a much bigger drive and people were satisfied at first.

My advice to anyone that buys it and receives it: put it in card reader in your PC and fill it up FULL and see how that works out for you!

But of course.

sent from my sm-9005.

panoz

Jan 20, 2007

There's an app that does just that. It's mentioned in this thread.
FYI the seller isn't obligated to market the product effectively but it's a good practice (duh). He isn't obligated to post pictures and benchmarks but it is a good practice (duh). But he is obligated to provide an accurate description and warranty which means that it is supposed to work as described or be replaced by a working one.
For those that live in Australia that's something they can use, for the rest of us... Well...
Well once again thanks are due to the brave ones!

@rbiter

Dec 4, 2011
There's an app that does just that. It's mentioned in this thread.
FYI the seller isn't obligated to market the product effectively but it's a good practice (duh). He isn't obligated to post pictures and benchmarks but it is a good practice (duh). But he is obligated to provide an accurate description and warranty which means that it is supposed to work as described or be replaced by a working one.
For those that live in Australia that's something they can use, for the rest of us... Well...
Well once again thanks are due to the brave ones!

He has been quoted as saying lifetime warranty.

sent from my sm-9005.

panoz

Jan 20, 2007
He has been quoted as saying lifetime warranty.

sent from my sm-9005.

Yeah I know, but there aren't many things you can do from the other side of the globe, if he chooses not to uphold to it. But there are legal means Australians can use to defend their case. If there are any.
What can I say. People buy. If it's a scam, it's gonna be in the open sooner than later. In the internet time of things, it's a way lot harder to hide than in the door to door sales time of things.. Just my 2 cents.

DustinKimble

Sep 30, 2013
Eh, 256GB is so last week.... I'll take one of these though...
e8eba3er.jpg

Reactions: itsdubai and Pehpe

@rbiter

Dec 4, 2011
Lol. What is absurd is I backup my SD card once in a while. I dont have to backup my music which is already backed up as soon as I download/convert it. Manually. I'm sure there is some app out there to automate the process.

As to needing raid on a phone, that is really absurd. There is nothing going on except maybe the hardcore hobbyists messing around with pi and the occasional mobile phone to run servers. Which you are not.even implying you do. Nor anything important of which it would be even more asinine to keep your backup right next to your backup and all it takes is a drop in the toilet, ocean, a pickpocket's hand in your pocket, an oops moment and your phone getting run over by a car or one too many shots of jack Daniels at the bar and all your data is gone. Period. If your OCD obsession with keeping your data is really justified, RAID is at the bottom of your list. Keeping a USB stick and OTG cable in your other pcoket already eliminates some of the never know scenarios I mentioned.

Sent from my SM-N9005

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    EDIT: PLEASE READ THE THREAD. THE AUTHENTICITY OF THIS OFFER THIS IN QUESTION.
    Sorry for the delay
    I just got back from my trip...
    This guy is a FRAUD...
    Never got my card and the seller never responded.
    Just opened my paypal claim
    Don't buy it was too good to be true but I wanted to test if this guy was legit and help everyone out

Looks like 256 GB MicroSDXCs are finally available for purchase! And at a very reasonable price!! $179

EGO-360 256GB MicroSDXC UHS-I card with USB Adapter
    http://www.myego360.com/products/ego-360-256gb-microsdxc-uhs-i-card-with-usb-adapter

Found some info from the developer:
    Hi Guys,
    My name is Jonathon Dodge, I am the lead designer for EGO-360. We developed our new range of microSD cards out of necessity, we were buying thousands of cards every month and our microSD providers were aways giving us delays, price increases and excuses. So I designed our new cards with the best component supplier Samsung. Our class range is class 10 cards are driven by SDR50 and our UHS-I by SDR104.

Now unlike some manufacturers that advertise fast speeds that are way off, we have the average speeds on our website. We test 30 cards in 3 groups, 1000 times. The three test environments ( Hot and Humid), ( Cold and Dry) & ( Office 22C within an Electromagnetic field). We write an encrypted code up to full capacity, verify & delete ( not format) 1000x per card.

Our cards work in most devices that I have tested, I have a 256GB SDXC card (exFat) in my Samsung S4 and the fastest it writes is 13.75mbytes, which is slower than some others.

We are users that have become manufacturers to support users like us....

Kindest Regards,

Jonathon
    Sorry for the delay
    I just got back from my trip...
    This guy is a FRAUD...
    Never got my card and the seller never responded.
    Just opened my paypal claim
    Don't buy it was too good to be true but I wanted to test if this guy was legit and help everyone out
    EGO-360 microSD cards

Did op order? Because until somebody orders and verifies thread title needs to be changed. The description quoted just reeks of scam and all the pictures show 32gb generic micro sd's with generic USB adapters to boot.

sent from my sm-9005.

Jonathon Dodge here, this not a scam and I took that picture quickly to get something into our product descriptions. We have had an issue with the packaging of the first shipments due to it's size and it fitting into our accessory blister packages of our other products. So with the new packaging coming through this week, my graphics team with take some pretty pictures and updated the product profiles and apologies for any inconvenience.

Our first two shipments were sold before they even hit our door to people close this project and our third shipment will be shipped by air on Thursday to our international buyers after coming through customs here in Australia.

We test 1% of every shipment for quality assurance and everything comes to me in Australia before the cards are shipped out across the world.

I have attached my Korean team's average sample h2testw jpg for you to review and if anyone would like to ask me a question, Im happy to help.

Kindest Regards,

Jonathon Dodge
    Just ordered mines
    Order #1050

When it gets here I will post reviews and some test
    Thats a fair comment, however we primarily developed these microSD card for ourselves and thought we would put them them out there is see what would happen. We never expected to sell any... Buy or Don't that's an individual choice, we bundle them with our other products.

Kindest Regards,

Jonathon

You should have it reviewd by a reliable online news agency like Engadget to get some trust in