• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

256GB MicroSDXC Available (who needs to MOD anything?)

Search This thread

mrwoofus

Oct 12, 2010
Grubville, MO
Eh, 256GB is so last week.... I'll take one of these though...
e8eba3er.jpg

Sign me up for a half dozen or so of these!

It's still at about $1 a TB ain't it? :p

Reactions: TheLoonyRebel

Russbad

Nov 16, 2010
Sorry for the delay
I just got back from my trip...
This guy is a FRAUD...
Never got my card and the seller never responded.
Just opened my paypal claim
Don't buy it was too good to be true but I wanted to test if this guy was legit and help everyone out

Sorry you were scammed, I hope you get your full refund. I hate people who get away with this crap.

bolinao

May 26, 2011
Sorry for the delay
This guy is a FRAUD...
Don't buy it was too good to be true but I wanted to test if this guy was legit and help everyone out

You should be right.I was able to receive a full refund from Paypal.

Presjar

Jan 30, 2010
A story, for those who are interested.

Sorry to bring this back up but I had not seen this thread before today but I did have a bookmark to those 256GB cards from good while back but never ordered one.

I clicked that bookmark yesterday and wondered why the item was gone. I sent an email to the 'contact us' section asking if they were ever going to get the cards back again. His answer was very interesting and if true, pretty sad.

Ego:
Hi,

After a major uproar from some of the other brands, Samsung pulled our access to their large format TLC technology.

Jonathon

My reply:
Because you were selling them without ripping people off?

Ego:
Correct, it is a crazy world

klau1

Jan 1, 2008
Their claim that their "access" was pulled presupposes that they had access to it at least once.

How is it possible we have yet to see one review of this product online?

j.i.wilson

Feb 28, 2010
Salisbury, Wiltshire
If you read back through this thread you will discover why scammers like this guy get away with it.

The thread is littered with contributors trying to justify why this was not a scam. All sorts of tenuous reasons are given as to why this might be real.

IT NEVER WAS.

It was always a scam and it was always obvious that it was. He relied on people like us to promote his fiction to expand the audience and his returns!

Ì think there is a role for the administrators here to curtail threads like this.

Very difficult I know without being accused of censorship. But scammers like this so need to be curtailed somehow.

Ian

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app

klau1

Jan 1, 2008
Hindsight is always 20/20.

Short of spying on John's internal correspondence with NSA, one could have known for certain, not even administrators.

That kind of thinking is what got us the Patriot Act and today's 1984 police state.

People willing to trade freedom for security deserve neither.

Last edited:

Mortifix

Apr 24, 2008
www.mortifix.com
Oh hell yeah I do... in this day and age? They release the fact that they have ALMOST have the technology available to THEORETICALLY produce something that MIGHT be available in the next two years , just so they can be the first to start the buzz that will work everybody into a buying frenzy.

The problem with this thread is this...

Dude claims he's smart enough to create something out of thin air that the public is begging for and multi billion dollar company's are scrambling to produce...

But his marketing of said product is on "garage sale" levels showing that he has missed the whole point of this being his chance at multi-millions of dollars in retirement.

This is a simple sweep scam... you sweep all the tech forums with something that is amazing if it's true... catch a few orders from each forum to generate some cash for christmas and disappear .... I mean look at what happened here... no proof, no pictures, no proof of sales and he got like 5 members to order just from this thread? And we're supposed to be the smart forum with all the gear heads looking for mods and ROMs and he already banged us for a grand... imagine what's going on elswhere.

It would be great to eat my words on this one because then I would actually have one of these cards... but simply put... pics or it didn't happen... I've looked around enough to see that this guy is spending a good portion of his day on the computer trying to spam orders from unsuspecting forum members... he "has a large order" of these cards sitting in front of him and can't take 2 minutes to post a pic?

If he doesn't care about sales , why is he here on all these forums? Why is he advertising them on his website?

If he does care about sales then why not post a quick pic? And why not do some very basic marketing so you don't look like a douche running a lemon stand?

This is so transparent it's amazing it still happens.

Lol this reminds of the scams on EVE Online. People say give me your money and I will double it or triple it and send it back.. Its the ying yang effect. If you are smart enough to see this scam and avoid it.. there is someone dumb enough to not see it at all and eat it up.

klau1

Jan 1, 2008
Lol this reminds of the scams on EVE Online. People say give me your money and I will double it or triple it and send it back.. Its the ying yang effect. If you are smart enough to see this scam and avoid it.. there is someone dumb enough to not see it at all and eat it up.

There were photos of him recently hosting his own booth in Australia trade shows on his tweeter account dating back 2 years.

So don't down play the persuasiveness of the scheme like it's so easy for you.

The only reason you thought it's so obvious is because of your laziness, you didn't seek out his website and tweeter for background info that would have put you on the fence and make things not so obvious.

So by luck, your conclusion was informed by the lack of information.

Mortifix

Apr 24, 2008
www.mortifix.com
There were photos of him recently hosting his own booth in Australia trade shows on his tweeter account dating back 2 years.

So don't down play the persuasiveness of the scheme like it's so easy for you.

The only reason you thought it's so obvious is because of your laziness, you didn't seek out his website and tweeter for background info that would have put you on the fence and make things not so obvious.

So by luck, your conclusion was informed by the lack of information.

But all that aside you should have known from the get go that this sort of thing never happens. Random people don't fill in the gap of technology offered in a very linear path from companies that throw billions of dollars into R&D.

You can run a car off old milk... don't be lazy and not look into that.

Last edited:

j.i.wilson

Feb 28, 2010
Salisbury, Wiltshire
These replies above make my earlier point for me.

Research?
Evidence?

The post above says it better than I could.

Run your car on old milk!

Developing a 256Gb sd card as a freelance is even less likely!

I know that (yes - know) without research or more spurious evidence or hindsight.

Is there no end to gullability?

And, I am not trying to diss anyone. Just trying to open eyes to how easy it is to believe something we want to believe. I am as guilty of this as anyone.

It's a thin line between cynicism and realism.

qsgsg

Sep 6, 2010
Simply having no proof of it working and trying to sell it is an obvious hint of something fishy. Never let your desire to have one sway your simple rational judgement.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2

Apo11on

Sep 5, 2008
San Diego, CA
I'm normally an avid bleeding edge kind of guy but I have to admit I wouldn't touch this one with a ten foot pole. You could write a book on the red flags being sent up here.

1. How does a one man company with nothing but a PO box for an address outdo Sandisk, Lexar and Kingston at their own game.
2. Why does an MP3 player need 256GB, I mean that's 25600 songs, seriously who has that kind of music collection.
3. There are no pictures of the device or videos of it in action.
4. No announcements, odd since this would be big news if Sandisk or Kingston did it.

Looking at Jonathan Dodge's profile he's a marketing/executive/consultant type, not an electronics engineer. Having been a chip designer I can tell you that the cost involved in design and manufacture of a leading edge chip like this is tens of millions and you'd have to do a bit better than a web site and a bit of viral marketing to sell enough to make your money back. If he's just using someone else's chips, then how did he get exclusive rights to it and no-one else did. I mean if Samsung gave him these chips and I was a systems integrator at Sandisk making SD cards I'd be on the phone pronto to Samsung giving them an earful of WTF!

As we say in Oz, this whole thing sounds a bit dodgy to me :)

The only thing left to do after this post is applaud. Pretty much all the red flag points are covered in concise and intelligent manner. Couldn't have put it better myself.

snn47

Oct 27, 2013
At least the Sandisk 128 GB is out -I already have one

I wrote in http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2472486&page=12
http://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldu...t-2122157.html
The Ultra microSDXC UHS-I has Stack of 16 thin 8-GByte-Chips,
The 128 GB was announced as early as 2011 and was just listed for order in February 2014.
I ordered mine on Feb.9th and received it today Feb.14, while the ETA on Amazone.De remained at 2 to 4 weeks.

While there are 16 GB chips available, their die size may be to large for the µSDXC package, we'll have to wait to find out if there will ever be a 256 GB µSDXC. So far 256 GB is the largest SDXC size available, and SDXC were in the past several time larger then µSDXC.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    EDIT: PLEASE READ THE THREAD. THE AUTHENTICITY OF THIS OFFER THIS IN QUESTION.
    Sorry for the delay
    This guy is a FRAUD...

Looks like 256 GB MicroSDXCs are finally available for purchase! And at a very reasonable price!! $179

EGO-360 256GB MicroSDXC UHS-I card with USB Adapter
    http://www.myego360.com/products/ego-360-256gb-microsdxc-uhs-i-card-with-usb-adapter

Found some info from the developer:
    Hi Guys,
    My name is Jonathon Dodge, I am the lead designer for EGO-360. We developed our new range of microSD cards out of necessity, we were buying thousands of cards every month and our microSD providers were aways giving us delays, price increases and excuses. So I designed our new cards with the best component supplier Samsung. Our class range is class 10 cards are driven by SDR50 and our UHS-I by SDR104.

Now unlike some manufacturers that advertise fast speeds that are way off, we have the average speeds on our website. We test 30 cards in 3 groups, 1000 times. The three test environments ( Hot and Humid), ( Cold and Dry) & ( Office 22C within an Electromagnetic field). We write an encrypted code up to full capacity, verify & delete ( not format) 1000x per card.

Our cards work in most devices that I have tested, I have a 256GB SDXC card (exFat) in my Samsung S4 and the fastest it writes is 13.75mbytes, which is slower than some others.

We are users that have become manufacturers to support users like us....

Kindest Regards,

Jonathon
    Sorry for the delay
    This guy is a FRAUD...
    EGO-360 microSD cards

Did op order? Because until somebody orders and verifies thread title needs to be changed. The description quoted just reeks of scam and all the pictures show 32gb generic micro sd's with generic USB adapters to boot.

sent from my sm-9005.

Jonathon Dodge here, this not a scam and I took that picture quickly to get something into our product descriptions. We have had an issue with the packaging of the first shipments due to it's size and it fitting into our accessory blister packages of our other products. So with the new packaging coming through this week, my graphics team with take some pretty pictures and updated the product profiles and apologies for any inconvenience.

Our first two shipments were sold before they even hit our door to people close this project and our third shipment will be shipped by air on Thursday to our international buyers after coming through customs here in Australia.

We test 1% of every shipment for quality assurance and everything comes to me in Australia before the cards are shipped out across the world.

I have attached my Korean team's average sample h2testw jpg for you to review and if anyone would like to ask me a question, Im happy to help.

Kindest Regards,

Jonathon Dodge
    Just ordered mines
    Order #1050

When it gets here I will post reviews and some test
    Thats a fair comment, however we primarily developed these microSD card for ourselves and thought we would put them them out there is see what would happen. We never expected to sell any... Buy or Don't that's an individual choice, we bundle them with our other products.

Kindest Regards,

Jonathon

You should have it reviewd by a reliable online news agency like Engadget to get some trust in