[26.02.21] [R] N970F I N975F_DS I N976_B_N I Dr.Ketan ROM I OneUI 3.1

Srbija2012

Apr 12, 2012
Canberra
Finally found a trick if the phone was plugged in to power supply it will turn off then to laptop it finally booted into TWRP after 7 hours I got everything updated and all my stuff set back up. The when I went to check MAGISK I think it bootlooped me again and this time nothing seems to work. I cant believe how hard it is just to get TWRP or Bootloader screen anymore... good grief 2 days of this crap!
I remember the days where all you needed was TWRP, and the rom ZIP file...

You go through AROMA installer, tick and flick what options you want, click start, and off you go..

None of this update BL/AL etc, then install this, then apply this blah blah...

I stayed on Q13 and im glad i did, i cant see any features on R that im missing out on...

Lots of bugs etc it seems with R...

Reactions: m_carleone82

Max_Terrible

Jun 10, 2009
I remember the days where all you needed was TWRP, and the rom ZIP file...

You go through AROMA installer, tick and flick what options you want, click start, and off you go..

None of this update BL/AL etc, then install this, then apply this blah blah...

I stayed on Q13 and im glad i did, i cant see any features on R that im missing out on...

Lots of bugs etc it seems with R...
I wish I stayed on Q12 (I skipped Q13), not because there's anything wrong with this ROM, but because there's some app compatibility issues with Android R and some new features Samsung implemented is screwing around with other features I was using. Unfortunately I can't revert back to Q12/13 anymore and I'm stuck having to find work arounds or other apps that are compatible with Android R.

gabesztdi01

Nov 8, 2016
hello, i would have a question that i bought the pro tweak settings and installed it but after the first reboot the phone restarted five times when the lock screen appeared, is this normal or isn't it good for me? sorry for google translate

dr.ketan

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Apr 9, 2011
Gujarat, India
drketanrom.com
hello, i would have a question that i bought the pro tweak settings and installed it but after the first reboot the phone restarted five times when the lock screen appeared, is this normal or isn't it good for me? sorry for google translate
This happens usually if you using
Dual messanger
Old twrp
Safetynet fix (last rom itself have in included, don't use other)

Reactions: get2easy

gabesztdi01

Nov 8, 2016
don't be angry i didn't start today either at the time i did the galagxy s2 i did it too, now i put back the 4 file original factory ruin, okay odin i install twrp (N975F_twrp-3.5.0_9-1-d2s_official_Feb21.tar) then the 3 file (BL_N975FXXS6EUB2_CP_N975FXXU6ETLF_No_warning_MSG_extract_this_first) then twrp starts and i install the Dr-ketan rom ruin after that next?

i installed the Safetynet fix constantly restarting the phone

Last edited:

dr.ketan

Apr 9, 2011
Gujarat, India
drketanrom.com
don't be angry i didn't start today either at the time i did the galagxy s2 i did it too, now i put back the 4 file original factory ruin, okay odin i install twrp (N975F_twrp-3.5.0_9-1-d2s_official_Feb21.tar) then the 3 file (BL_N975FXXS6EUB2_CP_N975FXXU6ETLF_No_warning_MSG_extract_this_first) then twrp starts and i install the Dr-ketan rom ruin after that next?

i installed the Safetynet fix constantly restarting the phone
Reading changelog is important. You don't need to flash safetynet fix. Instructions are available in download area, follow it to the letter.

gabesztdi01

Nov 8, 2016
Reading changelog is important. You don't need to flash safetynet fix. Instructions are available in download area, follow it to the letter.
did I miss this problem?
"Once root is OK, straightway open ROM Tool, wait little time till it show you needs to apply essential fix. Apply Essential fix when asked. - Reboot device"

Srbija2012

Apr 12, 2012
Canberra
I wish I stayed on Q12 (I skipped Q13), not because there's anything wrong with this ROM, but because there's some app compatibility issues with Android R and some new features Samsung implemented is screwing around with other features I was using. Unfortunately I can't revert back to Q12/13 anymore and I'm stuck having to find work arounds or other apps that are compatible with Android R.
That sux... What apps in particular are you having issues with?

Max_Terrible

Jun 10, 2009
That sux... What apps in particular are you having issues with?
The one is Stellio, which is an old music player that works just right and how I want a music player to work. The issue with it is that it doesn't recognize the navigation bar anymore, so some of its features are under and behind the navigation keys, making it difficult to use some features.
The other one is the DI.FM app, which is a streaming app. The app itself isn't very good but it's the only one that can stream from di.fm. It's a little more complicated to explain what the issue with this one is, but Samsung's new, more aggressive algorithm of putting apps to sleep is making it difficult for me to use that app to stream music while I'm sleeping (yes, I play music in the background while I sleep, it helps me to relax).
I don't use a whole lot of other apps, but so far everything else seems to work just fine.

dr.ketan

Apr 9, 2011
Gujarat, India
drketanrom.com
The one is Stellio, which is an old music player that works just right and how I want a music player to work. The issue with it is that it doesn't recognize the navigation bar anymore, so some of its features are under and behind the navigation keys, making it difficult to use some features.
The other one is the DI.FM app, which is a streaming app. The app itself isn't very good but it's the only one that can stream from di.fm. It's a little more complicated to explain what the issue with this one is, but Samsung's new, more aggressive algorithm of putting apps to sleep is making it difficult for me to use that app to stream music while I'm sleeping (yes, I play music in the background while I sleep, it helps me to relax).
I don't use a whole lot of other apps, but so far everything else seems to work just fine.
Settings - apps - concerned app - battery - optimize battery - select all app in drop down and disable for concerned app
Now it won't add to sleep in background

Getting random reboots 3 or 4 times a day. Using N976F, using same version of twrp provided with R04, plus not using any other fixes, nor installed Edexposed etc.

Any idea @dr.ketan ?
None have reported. Common cause is usually magisk/exposed module
Make log if possible

krism0156

Feb 7, 2017
Hello. After update to latest verion of rom R04 i getting randomly lost connection to wi fi. This problem is very annoying. Anyone have same problem? And i have question about samsung health monitor, this app will be working in future at this rom?

Srbija2012

Apr 12, 2012
Canberra
but Samsung's new, more aggressive algorithm of putting apps to sleep is making it difficult for me to use that app to stream music
Have you gone and manually checked to see if the app is flagged to be put to sleep via App Power Management? You can add apps to a 'apps that wont be put to sleep' list, this might help?

Deezy88

Nov 22, 2010
why wifi automatically doesn't work with this rom,before with other roms once i am about to step in my building its automatic turn on...can you help me out with that

hansxl

Nov 18, 2009
Can you update Magisk manually?
The Doc tells us everytime:

DON'T INSTALL ANY DISABLER/BT FIX/MAGISK anything after flashing ROM, as ROM already pre patched for all these stuff. Additionally flashing may cause issue. Also you shouldn't WIPE device after flashing ROM, but It should be before flashing ROM.

Reactions: D-Mak

dr.ketan

Apr 9, 2011
Gujarat, India
drketanrom.com
I will provide kernel with new magisk. You can update magisk app though. But keep in mind before you update magisk app (previously called manager), you needs to restore (unhide magisk manager) original app if you have hidden it.

Max_Terrible

Jun 10, 2009
Settings - apps - concerned app - battery - optimize battery - select all app in drop down and disable for concerned app
Now it won't add to sleep in background
That's where the complicated part comes in, because the app was developed so badly, it just never closes, unless you force close it. If you don't, it'll sometimes randomly pop up during the day and just start playing again. The way I used to do it before, with Android Q, is, I had it added to deep sleep, but Android would keep it running in the background as long as it kept playing. As soon as it stopped playing, usually after about 4 hours, Android would put it to sleep and not allow it to run by itself again. Now, with Android R and what Samsung did, if I have it in deep sleep, Android will shut it down about 10 minutes after I turn the screen off. If I don't do that, the app just keeps running in the background and randomly starts playing during the day.