[26.08.12][MAGLDR][SD](JellyBeanTostidroid) AOKP - Sourcery

Search This thread

kuzibri

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 25, 2008
@RobbieP
@Szczepanik

It would be very nice my very dear friends if you would share some of your new experiences on this thread also. You have been too absent on this thread for a too long a time, which also means: no real news on the thread :)

BTW, it would be very nice to have the possibility to install a native SD build in which the data.ex4 file is created automatically on the SD card (i.e.you DL a new native build, extract it on your desktop, move it to the root of your SD card, press clrcad and Haret and the data,ext4 partitio will be automatically created), so more or less like installing a normal SD build.. Makes it much more easier to install, certainly for the lesser experienced users. :fingers-crossed: I'm pretty certain that Xylo can manage that!!!!

very best regards, Kuzibri

Last edited:

Szczepanik

Dec 31, 2007
Native SD

@RobbieP
@Szczepanik

It would be very nice my very dear friends if you would share some of your new experiences on this thread also. You have been too absent on this thread for a too long a time, which also means: no real news on the thread :)

BTW, it would be very nice to have the possibility to install a native SD build in which the data.ex4 file is created automatically on the SD card (i.e.you DL a new native build, extract it on your desktop, move it to the root of your SD card, press clrcad and Haret and the data,ext4 partitio will be automatically created), so more or less like installing a normal SD build.. Makes it much more easier to install, certainly for the lesser experienced users. :fingers-crossed: I'm pretty certain that Xylo can manage that!!!!

Kuzibri you can try [19.Okt.2012][All in One] EvoHD2v10 ICS 4.0.4-full HWA-SD "Fastest ICS ever" as, much to my dismay, it created EXT4 but, in doing so, wiped the one I already had. Backup first!
HTTP://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=32809765&postcount=527

Robbie P and I both subscribe to this thread (along with 147 other subscriptions in my case). There are various Native SD threads with lots of advice.

Cheers
Tom

Reactions: kuzibri

kuzibri

Oct 25, 2008
Kuzibri you can try [19.Okt.2012][All in One] EvoHD2v10 ICS 4.0.4-full HWA-SD "Fastest ICS ever" as, much to my dismay, it created EXT4 but, in doing so, wiped the one I already had. Backup first!

Robbie P and I both subscribe to this thread (along with 147 other subscriptions in my case). There are various Native SD threads with lots of advice.

Cheers
Tom

I always backup before a new install, so do not worry about that!! And thanks very much for the link!!!!!!!

kuzibri

Oct 25, 2008

Cheers
Tom

Hi Tom,

tried this build and it, at first, seemed to work fine, but after a while I discovered that Marketplace/Playstore did not work. Any idea???

Robbie P

Feb 8, 2011
London
Hi Tom,

tried this build and it, at first, seemed to work fine, but after a while I discovered that Marketplace/Playstore did not work. Any idea???

Hi kuzibri, did you download the "final" version on post#1 of that thread? I think the market issue is fixed.
Edit; I am subscribed to 212 threads:eek:

Last edited:

Szczepanik

Dec 31, 2007
Hi Tom,

Kuzibri excellent that means you now have NativeSD working on your phone and you can really have fun trying out different ROMs easily!
Hello Friends! I have a great News!!!!! I have found out the problem with download from market! I have fix it! :confused: :silly: :D
I think it is very very fast! :laugh:
Currently i upload the Final V10!!
Try a different version or a different ROM.
Cheers
Tom
Sent from my HD2 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

kuzibri

Oct 25, 2008
EVO V10

@Szczepanik
@RobbieP

downloaded and installed the latest version and indeed Playstore is working now. Thanks Guys and of course mr-evil1!!

Szczepanik

Dec 31, 2007
[ROM][JB]PACman HD2 [PA/AOKP/CM10][NativeSD]

downloaded and installed the latest version
Kuzibri now you have got NativeSD you can have great fun as trying out new ROMs is really easy. As this is posted in SD thread derived from Xylograph's ROMs and I believe you like them, I suggest you try his PACman that combines the best of all his ROMs in one. You can find it in HTC Leo: HD2 > HD2 Android > HD2 Android NAND Development > [15-OCT-2012][ROM][JB][4.1.2] PACman HD2 v1.1 [PA/AOKP/CM10][NativeSD][WIP].

May I ask for your help? You needed some encouragement and help getting NativeSD started from Windows Mobile. There are Q&A threads for WP7 (How To Set up WP7 and Android with NATIVESD) and for MAGLDR (NativeSD Rom+EXT4 for New Users) but there are no threads for us Windows Mobile diehards. Robbie P and wis1152 wrote up some helpful NativeSD instructions in this thread but I think WM deserves its own thread. If the Learning Never Ends Team creates a NativeSD for Windows Mobile (WM6.5) New Users thread, would you help by replying to questions with the benefit of your experience in helping people?
Cheers
Tom
Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

kuzibri

Oct 25, 2008
May I ask for your help? You needed some encouragement and help getting NativeSD started from Windows Mobile. There are Q&A threads for WP7 (How To Set up WP7 and Android with NATIVESD) and for MAGLDR (NativeSD Rom+EXT4 for New Users) but there are no threads for us Windows Mobile diehards. Robbie P and wis1152 wrote up some helpful NativeSD instructions in this thread but I think WM deserves its own thread. If the Learning Never Ends Team creates a NativeSD for Windows Mobile (WM6.5) New Users thread, would you help by replying to questions with the benefit of your experience in helping people?
Cheers
Tom

Of course my very dear friend, as you know I'm a die-hard WM user!! If I can be of help, always willing to do that!!!!!!!!!!

kuzibri

Oct 25, 2008
Kuzibri now you have got NativeSD you can have great fun as trying out new ROMs is really easy. As this is posted in SD thread derived from Xylograph's ROMs and I believe you like them, I suggest you try his PACman that combines the best of all his ROMs in one. You can find it in HTC Leo: HD2 > HD2 Android > HD2 Android NAND Development > [15-OCT-2012][ROM][JB][4.1.2] PACman HD2 v1.1 [PA/AOKP/CM10][NativeSD][WIP].

Cheers
Tom

Hi Tom,

I tried the Pacman ROM and installed it. Works very fine, but I have two questions:
1. I see on my SD card a folder called Native SD, but no dataext4 folder? Is this normal or is it a hidden folder??
2. How do I set the Native SD folder to be my custom startup folder?? Urtill now I just got this folder and press both files needed to start it (Haret).

Just want to be fully prepared for the upcoming LNE WM Android thread!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Robbie P

Feb 8, 2011
London
Hi Tom,

I tried the Pacman ROM and installed it. Works very fine, but I have two questions:
1. I see on my SD card a folder called Native SD, but no dataext4 folder? Is this normal or is it a hidden folder??
2. How do I set the Native SD folder to be my custom startup folder?? Urtill now I just got this folder and press both files needed to start it (Haret).

Just want to be fully prepared for the upcoming LNE WM Android thread!!!!!!!

Hi kuzibri,
1. the "data.ext4" file is now on your ext4 partition, but instead of being an ext4 image on fat32, it is a data folder in the format ext4. You can see it using a root enabled file manager/root browser, and looking at the root/home of the phone in android. It is in a folder called NativeSD, where the system ("system.ext4") folder also now sits.
2. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1951897 :)

Looking forward to it too:good:

Szczepanik

Dec 31, 2007
Windows Mobile NativeSD

1. This is normal. ext4 is not a folder - it is a partition on your card that cannot be seen using normal file managers.
2. Check out this Windows Mobile Program by Klaus in HTC Leo: HD2 > HD2 Android > HD2 Android SD Development > Multiple Android-Starter (WinMo 6.5 + NativeSD-Android) http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1951897
Cheers
Tom
P.S. Been busy with real life so no time to get the thread started or even realise how fast Robbie P is at answering your questions!

Last edited:
Reactions: Robbie P

kuzibri

Oct 25, 2008
Hi kuzibri,
1. the "data.ext4" file is now on your ext4 partition, but instead of being an ext4 image on fat32, it is a data folder in the format ext4. You can see it using a root enabled file manager/root browser, and looking at the root/home of the phone in android. It is in a folder called NativeSD, where the system ("system.ext4") folder also now sits.
2. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1951897 :)

Looking forward to it too:good:

Hi my dear friend,

thanks for your information!! Used Root Browser and found it!!! It;s in the root/home/NativeSD/PAC folder. In the root/home/NativeSD, there is also a lost&found folder. What's the purpose of this folder??

Last edited:

kuzibri

Oct 25, 2008
Adjusting data4.exe file

Hi my dear NLE friends,

is there a way in the Native Sd build to adjust the data.ext4 file to a higher amount or is that not necessary?? Found out that while backing up my device with Sprite, it's suddenly only 1 Gb instead of 2,4???? Probably it does not backup the NativeSD partition. Any solution for that???

Last edited:

Robbie P

Feb 8, 2011
London
Hi my dear NLE friends,

is there a way in the Native Sd build to adjust the data.ext4 file to a higher amount or is that not necessary?? Found out that while backing up my device with Sprite, it's suddenly only 1 Gb instead of 2,4???? Probably it does not backup the NativeSD partition. Any solution for that???

The data folder automatically gets bigger when you put apps on the phone, and the maximum size depends on the size of your ext4 partition (Therefore with a large partition you can have many ROMS residing there)
The data and system folders on the ext4 partition can be backed up to your sd card using advanced sd-ext backup in recovery (use haret in the recovery folder to start it). It is always advisable to have a larger fat32 (1st) partition than the ext4 (2nd) partition, so that there is enough room for the backup. You may have to clear some stuff to pc from your fat32 partition (except recovery folder) to make room. After backup, a clockworkmod folder is created and should be copied to pc.
To restore put recovery and clockworkmod folders to sdcard and use advanced restore sd ext from recovery. Then restore your other stuff to fat32.

kuzibri

Oct 25, 2008
1. This is normal. ext4 is not a folder - it is a partition on your card that cannot be seen using normal file managers.
2. Check out this Windows Mobile Program by Klaus in HTC Leo: HD2 > HD2 Android > HD2 Android SD Development > Multiple Android-Starter (WinMo 6.5 + NativeSD-Android) http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1951897
Cheers
Tom
P.S. Been busy with real life so no time to get the thread started or even realise how fast Robbie P is at answering your questions!

Hi my dear friend,

any news yet about the new WM trhead??

Last edited:

kuzibri

Oct 25, 2008
No news

Hi all,

is there no news on this thread since my last post?? Hardly can imagine that!!

Top Liked Posts