[26/7][PORT][ICS, JB][U, P, Sola, Go][Black & White]Xperia Z Jelly Bean Small Apps

Search This thread

Andrewasth

Jan 27, 2013
Athens
[26/7][PORT][ICS, JB][U, P, Sola, Go][Black & White]Xperia Z Jelly Bean Small Apps

[PORT][ICS, JB] XPERIA Z JELLY BEAN SMALL APPS & TASKSWITCHER

I have ported Xperia Z Jelly Bean Small Apps & Taskswitcher for ICS and JB.
Just flash via cwm and enjoy. Don't forget to wipe cache partition before flashing!
You can update the small apps or install new ones from Google Play.

NOTE!

ON ICS

After having flashed this port and booted, using a root browsing app go to system, app and delete com.smallapp.xxxxxxxxx.apk so that there aren't any conflicts with the ics small apps

ON JB

If you have flashed a previous version of this port then delete SmallAppsWidget.apk

If you haven't wiped data when you upgraded from ICS to JB in order to fix led bar

Navigate using a root browsing programm to /system/app/ and delete com.smallapp.xxxxxxxxx.apk so that there aren't any conflicts. If no app exists with that name in /system/app/ then go check /data/app/ for com.sony.smallapp.xxxxxxxxx.apk and delete them (I will try to intergrate it on updater script asap in order to be sure)

FOR BLACK TASKSWITCHER (BOTH ICS & JB)

Rename the file to Taskswitcher.apk push it to /system/app/ and set permissions to 644 (rw-r-r-)

WARNING!

I don't take any responsibility if your phone gets bricked by this port.

Small apps should be installed in order for this to work. Works on ICS and JB!
Here are the links for Small Apps on ICS:
For Xperia U b.1.10 and b.1.54: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1948001
For Xperia U c.1.10: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2042939
For Xperia P: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2039954
For Xperia Sola: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1958242
For Xperia Go: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1999016

On JB flash it as is
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tested and working on XPERIA U, on XPERIA Sola and on XPERIA P.
I haven't tested it on Go. Try it and tell me.
Don't forget to press thanks if you think I deserve it!
Enjoy :)!!!

Last edited:

Andrewasth

Jan 27, 2013
Athens
Here are the screenshots

Screenshot_2013_04_05_21_46_40.png

Screenshot_2013_04_08_22_01_36.png

Screenshot_2013_04_08_22_01_43.png

Screenshot_2013_04_08_22_01_55.png

Screenshot_2013_04_08_22_02_16.png

Screenshot_2013_04_08_22_02_42.png

Screenshot_2013_04_08_22_02_50.png

Screenshot_2013_04_08_22_02_56.png

Screenshot_2013_04_08_22_03_09.png

Screenshot_2013_04_08_22_03_14.png

Fix for small apps notes fc on ICS! (Thanks @KALI2000)
Delete Smallapp-Note.apk from /system/app, extract Smallapp-Note.apk from zip install and copy it to /system/app/. Then set right permissions (rw-r-r) (0644) and reboot.

Fix for small apps reset problem on JB! (Thanks @quisvir)
Go to /data/data/ and search for com.sonymobile.taskswitcher folder. Set permissions rwxrwxrwx (0777) do some changes in taskswitcher like add a small app and open it. Then reboot! It should work. Now you can change permissions back to rwxr-x--x (0751) and reboot.

CHANGELOG
X/10 Update script now deletes files to ensure that there aren't any conflicts with older versions of small apps
26/7 Added black Taskswitcher for JB and ICS
17/5 Fixed reset bug on JB
16/5 Added workaround in order for someone to fix it by himself
15/5 Fixed notes FC on JB
29/4 Fixed note bug in ICS
28/4 Fixed reset bug in ICS and added mdpi resources​

BUGS

ICS
Small apps that don't come as preinstalled don't appear on the taskswitcher's dock after every boot
Bug free

JB
Small apps that don't come as preinstalled don't appear on the taskswitcher's dock after every boot

You tell me
If you are facing any (other) issues provide me with a logcat

Last edited:
[PORT] XPERIA Z TASKSWITCHER

I have ported Xperia Z Taskswitcher.
Just flash via cwm and enjoy.
I would advice to clean dalvik cache.
You can update the small apps or install new ones from Google Play

WARNING!

I don't take any responsibility if your phone gets bricked.

Small apps should be installed in order for this to work. Works only on ICS!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tested and working on XPERIA U on b.1.10 and b.1.54 fw, on XPERIA Sola and on XPERIA P.
Enjoy!!!

small app for Xperia U? link?:confused:

Ben Ling

Recognized Themer
  • Nov 2, 2012
    Kuala Lumpur
    [PORT] XPERIA Z TASKSWITCHER

After flashing this my smallapps gone... :(
    no taskswitcher

Edit:I reflash smallapps for Xperia sola and flash this,now it works! :)Thanks. :D

---------- Post added at 12:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 PM ----------

Is it just me or the changes reset on every boot? I mean you add other SmallApps to the bar and when you reboot your phone the changes are gone..

Sent from my ST25i using xda app-developers app

yeah same as mine,after reboot,installed from Play Store smallapps need to add again... :/

Last edited:

andhikafajarms

Feb 26, 2013
    Balikpapan
    Is it just me or the changes reset on every boot? I mean you add other SmallApps to the bar and when you reboot your phone the changes are gone..

Sent from my ST25i using xda app-developers app

Me too, and the notes apps force closes when I launch it from the small apps, and the recorder small apps also force closes after recording

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

[PORT][ICS, JB] XPERIA Z JELLY BEAN SMALL APPS & TASKSWITCHER

I have ported Xperia Z Jelly Bean Small Apps & Taskswitcher for ICS and JB.
      Just flash via cwm and enjoy. Don't forget to wipe cache partition before flashing!
      You can update the small apps or install new ones from Google Play.

NOTE!

ON ICS

After having flashed this port and booted, using a root browsing app go to system, app and delete com.smallapp.xxxxxxxxx.apk so that there aren't any conflicts with the ics small apps

ON JB

If you have flashed a previous version of this port then delete SmallAppsWidget.apk

If you haven't wiped data when you upgraded from ICS to JB in order to fix led bar

Navigate using a root browsing programm to /system/app/ and delete com.smallapp.xxxxxxxxx.apk so that there aren't any conflicts. If no app exists with that name in /system/app/ then go check /data/app/ for com.sony.smallapp.xxxxxxxxx.apk and delete them (I will try to intergrate it on updater script asap in order to be sure)

FOR BLACK TASKSWITCHER (BOTH ICS & JB)

Rename the file to Taskswitcher.apk push it to /system/app/ and set permissions to 644 (rw-r-r-)

WARNING!

I don't take any responsibility if your phone gets bricked by this port.

Small apps should be installed in order for this to work. Works on ICS and JB!
      Here are the links for Small Apps on ICS:
      For Xperia U b.1.10 and b.1.54: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1948001
      For Xperia U c.1.10: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2042939
      For Xperia P: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2039954
      For Xperia Sola: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1958242
      For Xperia Go: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1999016

On JB flash it as is
      Tested and working on XPERIA U, on XPERIA Sola and on XPERIA P.
      Enjoy :)!!!
      Here are the screenshots

Screenshot_2013_04_05_21_46_40.png

Screenshot_2013_04_08_22_01_36.png

Screenshot_2013_04_08_22_01_43.png

Screenshot_2013_04_08_22_01_55.png

Screenshot_2013_04_08_22_02_16.png

Screenshot_2013_04_08_22_02_42.png

Screenshot_2013_04_08_22_02_50.png

Screenshot_2013_04_08_22_02_56.png

Screenshot_2013_04_08_22_03_09.png

Screenshot_2013_04_08_22_03_14.png

Fix for small apps notes fc on ICS! (Thanks @KALI2000)
      Delete Smallapp-Note.apk from /system/app, extract Smallapp-Note.apk from zip install and copy it to /system/app/. Then set right permissions (rw-r-r) (0644) and reboot.

Fix for small apps reset problem on JB! (Thanks @quisvir)
      Go to /data/data/ and search for com.sonymobile.taskswitcher folder. Set permissions rwxrwxrwx (0777) do some changes in taskswitcher like add a small app and open it. Then reboot! It should work. Now you can change permissions back to rwxr-x--x (0751) and reboot.

CHANGELOG
      X/10 Update script now deletes files to ensure that there aren't any conflicts with older versions of small apps
      26/7 Added black Taskswitcher for JB and ICS
      17/5 Fixed reset bug on JB
      16/5 Added workaround in order for someone to fix it by himself
      15/5 Fixed notes FC on JB
      29/4 Fixed note bug in ICS
      28/4 Fixed reset bug in ICS and added mdpi resources​

BUGS

ICS
      Bug free

JB

You tell me
      If you are facing any (other) issues provide me with a logcat
      Well, since we have the fix, we have the small apps, we have the updated services along with the small apps, we can now OFFICIALLY say that we have working Small Apps for Xperia JellyBean devices.

FIRST, thanks to Andrewasth for enabling them for the jellybean builds, Wolfbreak and quisvir for the saving tweaks and finally but not least DavidMKD (me) for the updated serviced, small apps, home and putting all these tweaks in one.

Download them here:

Xperia_JB_Small_Apps.zip

First thing that you need to have BEFORE installing these small apps is a fresh JB build flashed, without any small apps history left behind. Otherwise it wont work (the phone will stuck in a bootloop). If you do get stuck in a bootloop, just flash a new jellybean firmware via FlashTool without wiping apps, app data and app cache (untick them). Than flash this mod. Enjoy !
      Good work @DavidMKD, as always! Just out of curiosity, why the Google Analytics code?

Also, if anyone is experiencing the problem of their settings not surviving reboot (the selection and order of smallapps in the task switcher, specifically), here is a quick workaround:

The problem lies in the fact that the task switcher is unable to save its preferences. So you can give it a helping hand by giving full permissions to its data folder (rwxrwxrwx, or chmod 777):
      Code:
      /data/data/com.sonymobile.taskswitcher/
      Then delete the shared_prefs folder inside it, if it exists. Then reboot, and from then on the preferences will be saved. The app shouldn't need these permissions btw, but it does fix the problem for now (until a real fix comes along). Enjoy :)
      I see that Andrewasth is busy these days so I've Updated the small apps. New icons and much faster and responsive. Download and flash it

JB_Xperia_Z_Taskswitcher__by_Andrewas_Update.zip

The ICS Version: ICS_Xperia_Z_Taskswitcher__by_Andrewas_.zip