[26/7][PORT][ICS, JB][U, P, Sola, Go][Black & White]Xperia Z Jelly Bean Small Apps

Search This thread

Slajder

Feb 10, 2013
Interesting glitch, but I've noticed that after installing small apps in Xperia U Unofficial V5 JB, proximity sensor stops working oO
I did full reset, wiped everything... flashed the rom again, and it was working fine till I flashed the small apps again :(

The problem is that the screen is not turning off when Im making a phone call, and Im pressing random things and/or hanging dawn the call :D

Can someone confirm this?

faoliveira

May 28, 2013
Aracaju
I can't use the currency converter, always fc. Has anyone else with this issue? Also I can't update in play store, I got a message that my phone doesn't supports these apps.

I wiped caches and flashed 2 or 3 times, rom and taskswicher, not solved.

Xperia U stock JB v13 by pipi14

Andrewasth

Jan 27, 2013
Athens
I can't use the currency converter, always fc. Has anyone else with this issue? Also I can't update in play store, I got a message that my phone doesn't supports these apps.

I wiped caches and flashed 2 or 3 times, rom and taskswicher, not solved.

Xperia U stock JB v13 by pipi14

Check first post! I have updated it in order to fix this issue! Report back if it still exists.
@Pandemic I don't know bro. I have stopped working on it since I am on ics currently. Will resume in a while when I will have more free time! I haven't heard from @lukakas as well! :(

faoliveira

May 28, 2013
Aracaju
Check first post! I have updated it in order to fix this issue! Report back if it still exists.(

Unfortunately it didn't work. I don't have these files in any of those directories, probably because I did a clean install: wiped everything+ JB v13 + illumination fix, without ICS first.

But when I used jb v11, I installed ICS, don't made any wipes and installed JB, wiped caches only, then install your MOD and works normally without deleting files you mentioned. Maybe there's something missing in /data now.

When I get home, I'll make a logcat and post here.

Edited: Logcat when I try to open currency converter.

Attachments

• currency.txt
    490.9 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Check first post! I have updated it in order to fix this issue! Report back if it still exists.

@Pandemic I don't know bro. I have stopped working on it since I am on ics currently. Will resume in a while when I will have more free time! I haven't heard from @lukakas as well! :(

Ooh to bad bro @Andrewasth :(
and ok is cool :D
@lukakas
mate please help @Andrewasth to port also Xperia Z small apps to Xperia P with JB like the new taskswitcher etc, he need your help and we want it also :D

lukakas

Jun 11, 2012
São Paulo - SP
Ooh to bad bro @Andrewasth :(
and ok is cool :D

@lukakas
mate please help @Andrewasth to port also Xperia Z small apps to Xperia P with JB like the new taskswitcher etc, he need your help and we want it also :D

Taskswitcher from 4.2.2 have different implementation of 4.1.2 so to port Taskswitcher Plugin 4.2.2 to 4.1.2 need smali hacking (hard to do). We are working as possible on it.

Reactions: Pandemic

JohnLouise

Oct 26, 2012
Gapan
HI! I don't know what small apps i need to install with my xpu jb. can someone give me the link? thanks.

Last edited:
Sorry dude for that. Working great thanks. ;)
Now we're all happy!
uploadfromtaptalk1381169569700.jpg
:D

faoliveira

May 28, 2013
Aracaju
Unfortunately it didn't work. I don't have these files in any of those directories, probably because I did a clean install: wiped everything+ JB v13 + illumination fix, without ICS first.

But when I used jb v11, I installed ICS, don't made any wipes and installed JB, wiped caches only, then install your MOD and works normally without deleting files you mentioned. Maybe there's something missing in /data now.

When I get home, I'll make a logcat and post here.

Edited: Logcat when I try to open currency converter.

Today, suddenly, currency converter updated by Google play and started to work normally and there's no more restrictions to my phone. Very strange.

Sent from my ST25i using xda app-developers app

alokss

Oct 17, 2013
how to isntall small apps

cn u tell me plzz..how to install small apps on xperia u ..!!

my device is rooted
cwm installed ..
!!! what should i do ..plz help its very important to me ..!!:(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [26/7][PORT][ICS, JB][U, P, Sola, Go][Black & White]Xperia Z Jelly Bean Small Apps

[PORT][ICS, JB] XPERIA Z JELLY BEAN SMALL APPS & TASKSWITCHER

I have ported Xperia Z Jelly Bean Small Apps & Taskswitcher for ICS and JB.
    Just flash via cwm and enjoy. Don't forget to wipe cache partition before flashing!
    You can update the small apps or install new ones from Google Play.

NOTE!

ON ICS

After having flashed this port and booted, using a root browsing app go to system, app and delete com.smallapp.xxxxxxxxx.apk so that there aren't any conflicts with the ics small apps

ON JB

If you have flashed a previous version of this port then delete SmallAppsWidget.apk

If you haven't wiped data when you upgraded from ICS to JB in order to fix led bar

Navigate using a root browsing programm to /system/app/ and delete com.smallapp.xxxxxxxxx.apk so that there aren't any conflicts. If no app exists with that name in /system/app/ then go check /data/app/ for com.sony.smallapp.xxxxxxxxx.apk and delete them (I will try to intergrate it on updater script asap in order to be sure)

FOR BLACK TASKSWITCHER (BOTH ICS & JB)

Rename the file to Taskswitcher.apk push it to /system/app/ and set permissions to 644 (rw-r-r-)

WARNING!

I don't take any responsibility if your phone gets bricked by this port.

Small apps should be installed in order for this to work. Works on ICS and JB!
    Here are the links for Small Apps on ICS:
    For Xperia U b.1.10 and b.1.54: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1948001
    For Xperia U c.1.10: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2042939
    For Xperia P: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2039954
    For Xperia Sola: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1958242
    For Xperia Go: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1999016

On JB flash it as is
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tested and working on XPERIA U, on XPERIA Sola and on XPERIA P.
    I haven't tested it on Go. Try it and tell me.
    Don't forget to press thanks if you think I deserve it!
    Enjoy :)!!!
    Here are the screenshots

Screenshot_2013_04_05_21_46_40.png

Screenshot_2013_04_08_22_01_36.png

Screenshot_2013_04_08_22_01_43.png

Screenshot_2013_04_08_22_01_55.png

Screenshot_2013_04_08_22_02_16.png

Screenshot_2013_04_08_22_02_42.png

Screenshot_2013_04_08_22_02_50.png

Screenshot_2013_04_08_22_02_56.png

Screenshot_2013_04_08_22_03_09.png

Screenshot_2013_04_08_22_03_14.png

Fix for small apps notes fc on ICS! (Thanks @KALI2000)
    Delete Smallapp-Note.apk from /system/app, extract Smallapp-Note.apk from zip install and copy it to /system/app/. Then set right permissions (rw-r-r) (0644) and reboot.

Fix for small apps reset problem on JB! (Thanks @quisvir)
    Go to /data/data/ and search for com.sonymobile.taskswitcher folder. Set permissions rwxrwxrwx (0777) do some changes in taskswitcher like add a small app and open it. Then reboot! It should work. Now you can change permissions back to rwxr-x--x (0751) and reboot.

CHANGELOG
    X/10 Update script now deletes files to ensure that there aren't any conflicts with older versions of small apps
    26/7 Added black Taskswitcher for JB and ICS
    17/5 Fixed reset bug on JB
    16/5 Added workaround in order for someone to fix it by himself
    15/5 Fixed notes FC on JB
    29/4 Fixed note bug in ICS
    28/4 Fixed reset bug in ICS and added mdpi resources​

BUGS

ICS
    Small apps that don't come as preinstalled don't appear on the taskswitcher's dock after every boot
    Bug free

JB
    Small apps that don't come as preinstalled don't appear on the taskswitcher's dock after every boot

You tell me
    If you are facing any (other) issues provide me with a logcat
    Well, since we have the fix, we have the small apps, we have the updated services along with the small apps, we can now OFFICIALLY say that we have working Small Apps for Xperia JellyBean devices.

FIRST, thanks to Andrewasth for enabling them for the jellybean builds, Wolfbreak and quisvir for the saving tweaks and finally but not least DavidMKD (me) for the updated serviced, small apps, home and putting all these tweaks in one.

Download them here:

Xperia_JB_Small_Apps.zip

First thing that you need to have BEFORE installing these small apps is a fresh JB build flashed, without any small apps history left behind. Otherwise it wont work (the phone will stuck in a bootloop). If you do get stuck in a bootloop, just flash a new jellybean firmware via FlashTool without wiping apps, app data and app cache (untick them). Than flash this mod. Enjoy !
    Good work @DavidMKD, as always! Just out of curiosity, why the Google Analytics code?

Also, if anyone is experiencing the problem of their settings not surviving reboot (the selection and order of smallapps in the task switcher, specifically), here is a quick workaround:

The problem lies in the fact that the task switcher is unable to save its preferences. So you can give it a helping hand by giving full permissions to its data folder (rwxrwxrwx, or chmod 777):
    Code:
    /data/data/com.sonymobile.taskswitcher/
    Then delete the shared_prefs folder inside it, if it exists. Then reboot, and from then on the preferences will be saved. The app shouldn't need these permissions btw, but it does fix the problem for now (until a real fix comes along). Enjoy :)
    I see that Andrewasth is busy these days so I've Updated the small apps. New icons and much faster and responsive. Download and flash it

JB_Xperia_Z_Taskswitcher__by_Andrewas_Update.zip

The ICS Version: ICS_Xperia_Z_Taskswitcher__by_Andrewas_.zip