[26 SEPT][ROM][ICS] CeROM MIUI v4 [MULTI]

Search This thread

Cero92

Oct 31, 2008
Neive
www.francescocrema.it
Hi all, this is my first Android ROM, it's based on MIUI v4, Android Ice Cream Sandwich, and it uses also the Sense framework so both 3D and HTC apps are working.

Specs
  • Based on MIUI 2-2.9.21
  • Default HTC IME
  • Yoda kernel (thanks to Ryrzy)
    • Clock and voltage modding support
    • Slide to wake
    • More (of course :D) improvements you probably already know
  • 3D Camera, photos, videos and apps working (it needs some HTC apps like Gallery)
  • Ad-free
  • Tweaks and improvements

How to install
  • Put ZIP in SD Card
  • Wipe data/factory reset
  • Install ZIP from SD Card -> Select the downloaded file
  • If you are S-ON you have to flash boot.img from fastboot with
    Code:
    fastboot flash boot boot.img
    You can get boot.img from the ZIP.
    I suggest you to use 4EXT Recovery which has a way to flash kernels also on S-ON devices without a PC
  • Go in Themes and select CeROM if you see a strange wallpaper
  • SuperSU will ask to grant root permissions to LBE Privacy Guard: answer YES, it's the default MIUI permissions manager

Screenshots
3ajzfrcy.png
6lldd7mz.png

Download
Dev-Host - I ask you to not mirror it, just to take count of downloads

Changelog
  • Full multilanguage
  • Fixed root permissions issue
  • Modified lockscreen
  • YouTube APK modded for HD videos (not just HQ)
  • Modified host file for hide ads
  • Added FasterFix

Buglist
Tell me what you find!

Thanks to
  • Ryrzy for kernel
  • MIUI team for the ROM (in fact, this is just it!)
  • HTC for Sense, and the phone :p
  • gav-collins1983
  • Valorster
  • Lots of people I dont' remember right now (but i will :D)

Last edited:

KrewsialNL

Jun 9, 2010
Bucharest, Romania
So technically you got the MIUI ROM and added Yoda's kernel?

Any other tweaks aside from that?
No offence, but if this is the case, then every can take an existing ROM, add their own favorite kernel and create a development thread?

Cero92

Oct 31, 2008
Neive
www.francescocrema.it

No offence, but if this is the case, then every can take an existing ROM, add their own favorite kernel and create a development thread?
In fact, for now, it's just this...
Some theming, changed boot animation and kernel. I'm trying to fix the LBE Guard bug (maybe changing permission granting software is enough, i just didn't think about it).
As said i'm not a "real" developer, it's just a customized MIUI.

As for your bug, You can make the app "trusted" in permission management, and all permissions will be granted automatically in the background,
Yes, that's the solution i proposed on the OP, when i'll be back home i'll try a real fix, but i can't guarantee anything :\

gav83collins

Dec 28, 2010
Bunbury-Western Australia
Some theming, changed boot animation and kernel. I'm trying to fix the LBE Guard bug (maybe changing permission granting software is enough, i just didn't think about it).

Yes, that's the solution i proposed on the OP, when i'll be back home i'll try a real fix, but i can't guarantee anything :\

Try flashing this from recovery , then re- zipping, and uploading

I'll try flashing over your upload and report my findings, once its ready to dl, of course lol

Attachments

• CWM-SuperSU-v0.88.FULL.ROOT.zip
    556.5 KB · Views: 228
Reactions: philmidd

gav83collins

Dec 28, 2010
That's right, in fact this ZIP just overwrites the SU executable and puts the SuperSU app in place, so it should be easy to integrate in the ROM
No your confused, just installing an su .apk doesnt give root, it just handles root requests on a device that is already rooted

I'm recommending, you remove the security permissions app, then boot into recovery, flash the zip I linked, reboot, then re-zip
The Rom, and re-upload,

That should make it bugless...........fingers crossed you haven't missed any others

eagleeyetom

Retired Developer Committee Lead / Retired Senior
Jan 22, 2011
Gdańsk
xda-developers.com
OnePlus 5

There is nothing wrong in ROM theming. OP gave proper credits so I don't see the problem.

Cero92

Oct 31, 2008
Neive
www.francescocrema.it
No your confused, just installing an su .apk doesnt give root, it just handles root requests on a device that is already rooted

I'm recommending, you remove the security permissions app, then boot into recovery, flash the zip I linked, reboot, then re-zip
The Rom, and re-upload,

That should make it bugless...........fingers crossed you haven't missed any others
Uhm, but this ROM is already rooted, the problem is that the app that asks for permission in fact does not ask :D
The SU binary is already there, that's why it's enough to install SuperSU from the Market.

The ROM is online! :D

Last edited:

fogprince2008

Mar 5, 2008
Thanks for this ROM. that is great If you can recook ROM Jealy Bean Shooteru_MIUI_v4.1.1_2.8.17.zip from General thread. can you fix headset,camera and more for this rom

gav83collins

Dec 28, 2010
Uhm, but this ROM is already rooted, the problem is that the app that asks for permission in fact does not ask :D
The SU binary is already there, that's why it's enough to install SuperSU from the Market.

The ROM is online! :D

Yeah lol, I grasped what you was saying, I just meant if you remove the miui permission management app, and flash the zip, or link it for others to flash after installing your current release, the issue will be fixed

gav83collins

Dec 28, 2010
Sure, i'm already working on the new one. Maybe i'll upload it with just this bug fixed, soon :)

How about implementing the v6 supercharger script by zeppelinrox, with rock hard kernel settings, 1000hp super unleaded, all tweaks enabled and nitro lag nullifier enabled into the next upload,aswell, giving credits to zeppelinrox if course, link to his latest release in my mods thread in gsm development

Reactions: zookarma

Cero92

Oct 31, 2008
Neive
www.francescocrema.it
gav-collins1983 said:
How about implementing the v6 supercharger script by zeppelinrox, with rock hard kernel settings, 1000hp super unleaded, all tweaks enabled and nitro lag nullifier enabled into the next upload,aswell, giving credits to zeppelinrox if course, link to his latest release in my mods thread in gsm development
lol i was exactly looking at this

jcsy

Jan 9, 2009
Land of the Z1/EVO3D/GTAB10.1(2)
Don't have to be harsh over this guys first new rom

ICS together with MIUI and 3d is acceptable

-----------------------------------------------------
Sent from my HTC Evo 3D running ROMEOS 1.3.4 FINAL

KrewsialNL

Jun 9, 2010
Bucharest, Romania
Don't have to be harsh over this guys first new rom

ICS together with MIUI and 3d is acceptable

Sent from my HTC Evo 3D running ROMEOS 1.3.4 FINAL

I wasn't being harsh and I intended no harm.
Just check the policy of XDA "only your OWN" roms etc...

It's been solved, I applaud every new cook trying to theme/mod something.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all, this is my first Android ROM, it's based on MIUI v4, Android Ice Cream Sandwich, and it uses also the Sense framework so both 3D and HTC apps are working.

Specs
    • Based on MIUI 2-2.9.21
    • Default HTC IME
    • Yoda kernel (thanks to Ryrzy)
      • Clock and voltage modding support
      • Slide to wake
      • More (of course :D) improvements you probably already know
    • 3D Camera, photos, videos and apps working (it needs some HTC apps like Gallery)
    • Ad-free
    • Tweaks and improvements

How to install
    • Put ZIP in SD Card
    • Wipe data/factory reset
    • Install ZIP from SD Card -> Select the downloaded file
    • If you are S-ON you have to flash boot.img from fastboot with
      Code:
      fastboot flash boot boot.img
      You can get boot.img from the ZIP.
      I suggest you to use 4EXT Recovery which has a way to flash kernels also on S-ON devices without a PC
    • Go in Themes and select CeROM if you see a strange wallpaper
    • SuperSU will ask to grant root permissions to LBE Privacy Guard: answer YES, it's the default MIUI permissions manager

Screenshots
    3ajzfrcy.png
    6lldd7mz.png

Download
    Dev-Host - I ask you to not mirror it, just to take count of downloads

Changelog
    • Full multilanguage
    • Fixed root permissions issue
    • Modified lockscreen
    • YouTube APK modded for HD videos (not just HQ)
    • Modified host file for hide ads
    • Added FasterFix

Buglist
    Tell me what you find!

Thanks to
    • Ryrzy for kernel
    • MIUI team for the ROM (in fact, this is just it!)
    • HTC for Sense, and the phone :p
    • gav-collins1983
    • Valorster
    • Lots of people I dont' remember right now (but i will :D)
    How do you have the nerve to put a theme and a kernel on an already finished rom and start a thread?
    U

I think you will find he isn't claiming to be a developer, hrs just customizing a Rom, and sharing it, giving the correct credits where neccessary, if you got a problem with sharing, your in the wrong forums on the wrong website,

You gotta remember a lot of people come here as complete noobs and have no idea how to replace a boot animation or flash a newer kernel, let alone theme a complete Rom, all the guy is doing is making something good, better for him and sharing it for us

Simples

:highfive:
    I've never used MIUI before and Im gonna give this a try, thanks for your effort.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using xda premium
    I suggest you to wait the new one, i'm going to upload it soon (in one or two hours)

As for your bug, You can make the app "trusted" in permission management, and all permissions will be granted automatically in the background,
    I wasn't being harsh and I intended no harm.
    Just check the policy of XDA "only your OWN" roms etc...

It's been solved, I applaud every new cook trying to theme/mod something.

it will be more lovely if i will see a ROM here which been contributed by you or i'll see you being a Forum Moderator rather than a Senior Member :D

anyway thanks for your contribution Cero92, another ROM for Evo3d. Keep it up
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone