[27/02] [OFFICIAL] [Face Unlock ] Oxygen OS 5.0.4 [TUT-Root] [No Data loss] [Mirror]

Search This thread

Wille_

Sep 23, 2010
Black screen, blue led after update -> try this solution

Hi to All,

when you have a black screen with a only a blue led after you tried to update and you only see encrypted files in twrp,
then adb sideload you latest installed image (http://downloads.oneplus.net/devices/oneplus-5/), wipe cache and dalvik-cache an the try to boot up. For me, this works fine, all my data is back! :D
(You have to reinstall twrp and root after you flashed the image...)

Big thanks :good: to @combathero and @WhoDunnit!

Greetings
Wille

I got same issue OP5 went bootloop after upgrading to Oreo. All of my files from internal storage also encrypted unable to decrypt both stock recovery and twrp 3.2.1.0. What I did is to download the previous ROM which is 4.5.15 then I used ADB sideload from TWRP then clear dalvik and cache. Now device able to boot back to 4.5.15 with internal storage recovered. HTH

Thank you @combathero you just saved my day!

Just like many others, my device was broken after installing the update from 4.5.15 to 5.0 thorugh the OP5 updater.
Stuck in the boot logo all night long.
Trying to reinstall 5.0 through adb sideload OnePlus5Oxygen_23_OTA_027_all_1712231851_8d16de8.zip from stock recovery did not resolve the situation.
Trying to reinstall 4.5.15 through adb sideload OnePlus5Oxygen_23_OTA_020_all_1712052226_98fd584ab032fe.zip from stock recovery failed.

Booting into TWRP through fastboot boot twrp-3.2.1-0-cheeseburger.img I could not even see my files: /sdcard was empty.
Booting into TWRP through fastboot boot twrp-3.2.1-x_blu_spark_v8.61-op5_op5t.img I could see my files in /sdcard, but they were scrambled, since TWRP did not ask for a unlock code.

I successfully managed to recover my data in the following way. $$ denotes a command entered in a terminal.

1. Boot into TWRP through
Code:
 $$ fastboot boot twrp-3.2.1-0-cheeseburger.img
2. Select adb sideload; for me this complained (in red) about not being able to mount /data because of missing decryption keys.
Code:
$$ adb sideload OnePlus5Oxygen_23_OTA_020_all_1712052226_98fd584ab032fe.zip
and tick wipe cache and dalvik-cache This will manage to update the system partition, but will fail when trying to do something with the data partition.
4. Reboot into fastboot
5. Boot into TWRP through
Code:
$$ fastboot boot twrp-3.2.1-x_blu_spark_v8.61-op5_op5t.img
Now I was asked for a unlock pattern! /data was successfully mounted and decrypted!

I'm now backing up and copying anything that's on my device, so no clue what will happen if I restart my phone or if it will even work. At this point I do not really care, because I have my data back.

lvints

Jan 6, 2012
Timon
OnePlus 9R
I imagine this would suffice. But since i messed up before doing it as advised i cannot say for sure this would be enought to rid you of pottential problems.
It seems a lot of people have been having issues with this update.

I just posted in hope of helping someone who messed up the installation like i did and is stuck in a boot loop.

I get it. I will continue to search for a perfect and safe installation :p

Alf 15

Mar 17, 2015
Hello
I'm french noob user
My op5 :

Twrp blu_spark 8.61
OOS 4.5.15
Rooted Su V2.82 SR5
Encrypted partition

How can I upgrade to oreo without any problems ? :confused:

sansanc

Oct 1, 2014
I did a backup with TWRP, but the backup inside internal memory is encrypted, and no TWRP versions ever asks for encryption key. I have tried several guides and so far, I was not able to retrieve my data. I tried to sideload latest Nougat zip but it gives an E1001 error, and does not apply.

Try blu spark TWRP, if my device is encrypted, blu spark will surely ask for pattern.

If you wiped everything, then of course no files will show on TWRP. That's what is supposed to happen :)
Format (not wipe) the phone, then follow method 2, copy ROM file to phone, etc. Do not use latest supersu, it will be stuck on boot logo. So, do everything on method 2 but install latest magisk. If you want encryption, then do NOT install no-verity, if you want decrypted, then install it. I prefer encrypted, so if someone steal my phone, they can't access my files.

I'm with TWRP 3.1.1. If I format the data, will my files be deleted as well?
Do I need to erase pattern and fingerprint?

---------- Post added at 10:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 AM ----------

I just want a way to install Oreo, even if I lose the data.
Just do not get bootloop again.

If you format, it will delete everything, even encryption. Backup to pc.
Follow my post before to see how i got rid of boot problems.
Let it boot for one time before installing root.

---------- Post added at 18:37 ---------- Previous post was at 18:30 ----------

Hello
I'm french noob user
My op5 :

Twrp blu_spark 8.61
OOS 4.5.15
Rooted Su V2.82 SR5
Encrypted partition

See my post, better install fresh... Backup first, always important.
https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=74971464&postcount=276

Also, let it boot one time before installing root magisk.

MadCow809

Apr 24, 2010
Los Angeles
Hello
I'm french noob user
My op5 :

Twrp blu_spark 8.61
OOS 4.5.15
Rooted Su V2.82 SR5
Encrypted partition

You can't. Doesn't matter which method you try, you will end up wiping out your internal storage and lose the encryption status. The whole tutorial was very misleading and now we have a ton of users reporting soft brick/boot loop/data loss issue.

Reactions: milesian

canabals

Apr 8, 2011
Hi there,

I am seemingly stuck, and I think it will require a wipe, but I figured I would check first to see if anyone has any ideas.

Status of phone before update:

Unlocked bootloader
Everything else stock (OS, no root, stock recovery etc.)

Update downloaded the OTA on its own (I am in Canada), and chose update and reboot without thinking (every other OTA worked fine, but I guess minor updates had no issues).

The phone is now stuck in a boot loop. edit: red circle with white circles going around it

Tried TWRP, it seems everything is encrypted.
ADB sideload does not work, so I cannot do that. "cannot read" error.

Thanks

Last edited:

sansanc

Oct 1, 2014
Hi there,

I am seemingly stuck, and I think it will require a wipe, but I figured I would check first to see if anyone has any ideas.

Status of phone before update:

Unlocked bootloader
Everything else stock (OS, no root, stock recovery etc.)

Update downloaded the OTA on its own (I am in Canada), and chose update and reboot without thinking (every other OTA worked fine, but I guess minor updates had no issues).

The phone is now stuck in a boot loop. edit: red circle with white circles going around it

Tried TWRP, it seems everything is encrypted.
ADB sideload does not work, so I cannot do that. "cannot read" error.

Thanks

Install blue spark TWRP if you haven't done so yet. Do a backup there. Copy everything to pc. Do a clean install.

swap102010

Jan 19, 2011
You can't. Doesn't matter which method you try, you will end up wiping out your internal storage and lose the encryption status. The whole tutorial was very misleading and now we have a ton of users reporting soft brick/boot loop/data loss issue.

I agree with @MadCow809. Tutorials are misleading. If you are experiencing boot-loop then you can reboot in recovery again and try to mount System and Cache partition. It may work. This is issue with un-locked boot-loader and root users. Did Oneplus mention somewhere that they are supporting un-locked boot-loader devices in Oreo update?
But better to do clean install by wiping all partitions. Of course take backup of data first.

Mediatech1

Jan 11, 2010
Los Angeles
Hi @Hatrigit just a point of note. I have a OP5, 4.5.15 OS and in Recovery there is no "Wipe Cache" per se only "Wipe data and cache", so w respect to Method 1, I don't see how that is applicable unless it is for the 5T.

Alf 15

Mar 17, 2015
So what should I do to get oreo ?
(don't care losing data)
Somebody could write a tutorial for op5 root and trwp recovery ?

lvints

Jan 6, 2012
Timon
OnePlus 9R
FLASHING INSTRUCTION :

METHOD 1 : Using Stock Recovery

Step 1: Place the downloaded Full ROM zip file in internal storage.
Step 2: Now Reboot the phone to Stock Recovery
Step 3: Wipe Cache.
Step 4: Now select Full ROM zip file to Flash.
Step 5: Now wipe Cache and Factory Reset
Step 6: Reboot the phone. :D

For users Who are facing Bootloop after completing all Steps, it means your phone is encrypted. So you have to wipe your internal storage to make your phone to boot.

For this method I need to remove root (magisk), put stock recovery, and relock bootloader?

MadCow809

Apr 24, 2010
Los Angeles
(don't care losing data)

• Step 1: Remove all fingerprint & pin from the device
  • Step 2: Reboot the device to bootloader
  • Step 3: Using a PC/Laptop, flash Blu_Spark TWRP via ADB command
  • Step 4: Reboot device to TWRP
  • Step 5: Delete dalvik, cache, system & internal partition
  • Step 6: Format device
  • Step 7: Copy Oreo Rom onto your device
  • Step 8: Flash Oreo under TWRP
  • Step 9: Flash no_verity_mod file
  • Step 10: Reboot into Oreo Oxygen OS
  • Step 11: Flash Magisk Beta for root

3DSammy

May 5, 2011
Toronto
  • Step 1: Remove all fingerprint & pin from the device
  • Step 2: Reboot the device to bootloader
  • Step 4: Reboot device to TWRP
  • Step 5: Delete dalvik, cache, system & internal partition
  • Step 6: Format device
  • Step 7: Copy Oreo Rom onto your device
  • Step 8: Flash Oreo under TWRP
  • Step 9: Flash no_verity_mod file
  • Step 10: Reboot into Oreo Oxygen OS
  • Step 11: Flash Magisk Beta for root

I'd like to suggest a few minor modifications to your steps:
======================================================

These instructions are exclusively for Oneplus 5 phones that are rooted, using a stock OOS Nougat (4.5.x) ROM with data encrypted. WARNING these steps will reformat ALL your user data so make backups and copy those backups to OTG storage or a PC/Laptop! The phone's internal storage (/sdcard and /data) will be erased during the update process!
  • Step 0: Backup your apps and their data with Titanium Backup then copy the /sdcard/TitaniumBackup folder to a PC/Laptop or OTG storage
  • Step 1: Remove all fingerprint & pin from the device (!! IMPORTANT !!)
  • Step 2: Reboot the device to the bootloader
  • Step 4: Reboot device to TWRP (now the Blu_Stark version)
  • Step 5: Take a nandroid backup and copy it to a PC/Laptop or OTG storage
  • Step 6: In TWRP delete dalvik, cache, system & internal partition
  • Step 7: Format device
  • Step 8: Copy Oreo Rom and the no_verity_mod files onto your device
  • Step 9: Flash Oreo under TWRP
  • Step 10: Flash no_verity_mod file
  • Step 11: Reboot into Oreo Oxygen OS
  • Step 12: Using a PC/Laptop, flash Blu_Spark TWRP (again) via ADB command then boot into TWRP recovery
  • Step 13: Flash Magisk Beta (v14.6 or v15) for root. Do not root with SuperSU at this time.
  • Step 14: Boot into system and begin recovering your user data/apps from the PC/Laptop backups
NOTE: I have NOT personally tested the steps above but it's the plan I'm trying to verify from the abysmal posts of other stock, rooted, encrypted XDA users.

My own question is, with the flashing of no_verity_mod, do you end up with decrypted user data? If the answer is yes can you re-encrypt through the OOS settings or any some other way?

Last edited:

sansanc

Oct 1, 2014
If case of an encrypted device, i think wipe is not going to work, you have to format, which is not the same thing. Check TWRP Wipe menu.

(don't care losing data)

You want even more tutorials?!

Does wifi drain persist on this release too ?

Yup, on my phone, wifi has the gold medal for battery podium.

Reactions: Feedmeeeee

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi everyone,

Oxygen_OS-5.0.1-_OTA-for-the-_One_Plus-5_780.jpg

We are pushing the incremental roll-out of OxygenOS 5.0.4.
    The build will be continuing to release here shortly. Remember this is a staged roll out, so it will take some time to get out to everyone.
    Changelog For 5.0.4 :
    => Bug Fixes
    => Fixed NO ringtone for incoming calls and notifications
    => Fixed Audio quality related issues during video playback

Changelog For 5.0.2:
    => Camera
    • Supported EIS for Video Recording
    => Applications
    • New launcher V2.2
    • New Gallery V2.0
    • New Weather v1.9
    • New File Manager V1.7.6
    => System
    • Added Face Unlock Function <3
    • General Bug Fixes And Improvements
    • Added CPU security patch: CVE-2017-13218
    Changelog For 5.0.1 :
    => Bug fixes for third party camera application
    => Fixed network issues for European operators

Changelog For 5.0 :

=> Updated to Android O (8.0)
    => Launcher
    • Optimizations for Shelf
    • Now you can upload your photo through Shot on OnePlus
    => Camera
    • New Camera UI design
    • Optimizations for photo quality
    • Added beauty effect for Portrait Mode
    =>Gallery
    • Added “Places” tab for viewing photos on a map
    =>Calculator
    • Added history feature
    =>Clock
    • Added alarm calendar feature
    =>System
    • Added Parallel Apps feature
    • New design for Quick Settings
    • New design for Lift up display
    • Added “Adaptive model" screen calibration
    • Optimizations for Wi-Fi
    • Optimizations for Battery Saver
    • Updated Android security patch to December

Have a great weekend everyone!!!

Never Settle. :eek: :fingers-crossed:
    [OFFICIAL][Stable Oreo 8 ] Oxygen OS 5.0 Update[Tutorial-Root][No Data Loss][Mirror]

FLASHING INSTRUCTION :
    Warning : Always Backup Your Internal Storage For safer side

Note 1: For users Who are coming From Open Beta and Any other N Based custom roms, try Method 2. Dont dirty Flash the rom if u dont need any bug. [Recommended]

Note 2 : Remove the pattern and also fingerprints before flashing the rom.

Still if you wish to dirty flash official rom over open beta, it works fine.

METHOD 1: Using TWRP recovery [ For Decrypted Users]

If you are on some other twrp versions, Kindly download Compatible TWRP recovery IMG file from download Section and Flash it in recovery.
    Codeworkx recoveryworks Fine. I recommend all to use his recovery.

Step 1: Place the Full ROM zip file in internal Storage
    Step 2: Now Reboot the phone to TWRP Recovery
    Step 3: Wipe Dalvik cache ,Data , System and Cache
    Step 4: Now select Full ROM zip file to Flash And flash the recovery.img againand then reboot to recovery.
    Step 5: Flash magisk 15.2 or supersu zip file now. P.S. Supersu gives bootloop as of now.

Step 6: Now Flash the No-verity file from here [Important]
    Step 7: Reboot the phone. :D

METHOD 2: Coming from OOS 5.0 [Dirty Flash Method] [ Encrypted Users ] [No Data Loss]

Step 1: Copy the Full ROM 5.0.1 zip file to internal storage.
    Step 2: Reboot phone to recovery
    Step 3: Make sure you are on latest Twrp-3.2.1-0-oreo-8.0-codeworkx twrp recovery or Any other Oreo Compatible recovery.
    Step 4: Wipe Cache, Dalvik Cache and Now select the Full ROM 5.0.1 zip file and swipe to flash the rom.
    Step 5: Now Flash Magisk 15.2 file.
    Step 6: Flash the Recovery.img file [ Oreo Compatible recovery] and then again reboot to recovery.
    Step 7 : Wipe Cache again and reboot the phone.

METHOD 3 : Update using OTA [ Working fine For Encrypted users ]

Step 1: If you are on stock OOS 5.0 with Non-rooted and also on stock recovery, Just Use any Canada VPN, you will get OTA update Notification.
    Step 2: Download the OTA and press Install .
    Step 3: Now the phone reboots and flashes the update in stock recovery.
    Step 4: Now reboot the phone . :)

METHOD 4 : Using Stock Recovery

Step 1: Place the downloaded Full ROM zip file in internal storage.
    Step 2: Now Reboot the phone to Stock Recovery
    Step 3: Wipe Cache.
    Step 4: Now select Full ROM zip file to Flash.
    Step 5: Now wipe Cache and Factory Reset
    Step 6: Reboot the phone. :D

For users Who are facing Bootloop after completing all Steps, it means your phone is encrypted. So you have to wipe your internal storage to make your phone to boot.
    Managed to recover my data!

Thank you @combathero you just saved my day!

Just like many others, my device was broken after installing the update from 4.5.15 to 5.0 thorugh the OP5 updater.
    Stuck in the boot logo all night long.
    Trying to reinstall 5.0 through adb sideload OnePlus5Oxygen_23_OTA_027_all_1712231851_8d16de8.zip from stock recovery did not resolve the situation.
    Trying to reinstall 4.5.15 through adb sideload OnePlus5Oxygen_23_OTA_020_all_1712052226_98fd584ab032fe.zip from stock recovery failed.

Booting into TWRP through fastboot boot twrp-3.2.1-0-cheeseburger.img I could not even see my files: /sdcard was empty.
    Booting into TWRP through fastboot boot twrp-3.2.1-x_blu_spark_v8.61-op5_op5t.img I could see my files in /sdcard, but they were scrambled, since TWRP did not ask for a unlock code.

I successfully managed to recover my data in the following way. $$ denotes a command entered in a terminal.

1. Boot into TWRP through
    Code:
     $$ fastboot boot twrp-3.2.1-0-cheeseburger.img
    2. Select adb sideload; for me this complained (in red) about not being able to mount /data because of missing decryption keys.
    Code:
    $$ adb sideload OnePlus5Oxygen_23_OTA_020_all_1712052226_98fd584ab032fe.zip
    and tick wipe cache and dalvik-cache This will manage to update the system partition, but will fail when trying to do something with the data partition.
    4. Reboot into fastboot
    5. Boot into TWRP through
    Code:
    $$ fastboot boot twrp-3.2.1-x_blu_spark_v8.61-op5_op5t.img
    Now I was asked for a unlock pattern! /data was successfully mounted and decrypted!

I'm now backing up and copying anything that's on my device, so no clue what will happen if I restart my phone or if it will even work. At this point I do not really care, because I have my data back.
    INSTRUCTION TO ROOT :

Step 1: Download the Supersu or Magisk zip file From download Section. P.S. Supersu gives bootloop as of now. So Magisk is recommended.
    Step 2: Now reboot the phone to TWRP Recovery.
    Step 3: Select the Downloaded Supersu or Magisk zip file and Flash it.
    Step 4: Reboot the phone :)