[27.03.21] N986B I N985F/DS I Dr.Ketan ROM I OneUI 3.1

Search This thread

chris_morcos

May 5, 2009
1.ROM build number is R03
2.Clean Install
3.Bug/Issue appears right after installing - Viper4Android isn't working
4.To reproduce the error install Viper4Android from Tweaks Pro 2.0.7
5.As far as I can see there aren't reports here on thread after a search.
6.There's no mention about same bug on OP or changeLog post.

Any advice or help would be appreciated.. Thanks for the hard work and awesome job Dr.
I have completely reformatted my device as I noticed there was a viper4android folder both on the internal storage and the sd card. Now on a full clean install it is still not working! Now there is no viper4android folder on either storage which indicates that it is not installing correctly which means now I'll have to do it myself.
I have paid for this pro tool and expected a little more support than the above response to be honest. I have been using your roms and supporting your software since my S6 plus so had no problems paying for the tool but when it doesn't work for someone I believe that you have a bit more of a duty of care than just flicking them off...

dr.ketan

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Apr 9, 2011
Gujarat, India
drketanrom.com
I have completely reformatted my device as I noticed there was a viper4android folder both on the internal storage and the sd card. Now on a full clean install it is still not working! Now there is no viper4android folder on either storage which indicates that it is not installing correctly which means now I'll have to do it myself.
I have paid for this pro tool and expected a little more support than the above response to be honest. I have been using your roms and supporting your software since my S6 plus so had no problems paying for the tool but when it doesn't work for someone I believe that you have a bit more of a duty of care than just flicking them off...
Man, information you have provided, according to that nothing can be judged. I never know before you told that viper correctly installed can be depend on folder it creates (honestly I dont use it). What normally we check is driver status, which you have not provided any info.
If you have any queries regarding TweaksPro, mail us.
Thanks.

Reactions: Tops1

vagenrider

Sep 25, 2012
athens
www.facebook.com
mate dont know what happen in your case..viper works fine to me

Brava27

Sep 7, 2012
Toronto
I have paid for this pro tool and expected a little more support than the above response to be honest. I have been using your roms and supporting your software since my S6 plus so had no problems paying for the tool but when it doesn't work for someone I believe that you have a bit more of a duty...
Are you serious? Viper4android is working for everyone. Your attitude towards the dev is disappointing, show some respect.

leen12

Jan 5, 2012
awesome man just installed this and upgraded to pro,
im having an issue when trying to twrp backup it says backup failed?

update ok its only failing to sd card but to internal storage works ok

maybe i need to format my sd card?

Last edited:

leen12

Jan 5, 2012
yes i think its fat32 thanks i will try with exfat

also is there a way to install lucky patcher and the patch to jar function of it working?
i cant seem to get it to work thanks

Reactions: 786jaiho

e30power

Mar 24, 2009
HI,
Dr. Ketan,,

i have a look with battery app for battery drain and it writs the most with 27precent is system and 21 kernel all other with above 2,3 and 0,1 precent so i don't know why my battery life is so bad....

And other problem when i start wlan the data connection is still active, after reboot it works correct,then start auto optimize from tweaks pro all on, only aggressive shedule is off, and then the failed is back and data connection and wlan at same time

thy

dr.ketan

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Apr 9, 2011
Gujarat, India
drketanrom.com
HI,
Dr. Ketan,,

i have a look with battery app for battery drain and it writs the most with 27precent is system and 21 kernel all other with above 2,3 and 0,1 precent so i don't know why my battery life is so bad....

And other problem when i start wlan the data connection is still active, after reboot it works correct,then start auto optimize from tweaks pro all on, only aggressive shedule is off, and then the failed is back and data connection and wlan at same time

thy
Difficult to say unless showing in stat
I suggest you to flash stock rom and then install latest rom
Dont install anything , don't login any account and don't restore anything. Keep stock and see if you still have issue. If fixed then restore apps in groups and try to identify what exact causing it
And never ever restore data from Samsung/google except contact, message
Mostly such weird issue happens when restore system data from cloud

e30power

Mar 24, 2009
Difficult to say unless showing in stat
I suggest you to flash stock rom and then install latest rom
Dont install anything , don't login any account and don't restore anything. Keep stock and see if you still have issue. If fixed then restore apps in groups and try to identify what exact causing it
And never ever restore data from Samsung/google except contact, message
Mostly such weird issue happens when restore system data from cloud
i dont use google or samsung all on my own server no contact sync or any one, and anyone know a good debload tool that i can remove some service off fb and google?

i turn off all options at optimization in tweaks pro and it works, maybe when time i look what point of option the problem is with wifi and mobile data
thy

NnihcD

May 5, 2011
United States
Hi Guys,
I need some help. I keep getting "<Subject: NoSubject>" when I am part of a group text message. I don't believe it has anything to do with the ROM. I am currently on R03 and I imported/SmartSwitched my messages from an S8+ with a custom ROM running Android 8.0.

My Questions:
-Has anyone experienced or heard of this issue before?
-If I wipe the date and cache from messages and dirty flash RO3 would that solve my nosubject issue?

I did research and all I ran across was using another messaging app, which I am not.

I get the <Subject: NoSubject> with mms messages also.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Screenshot_20210228-144602_Messages[1].jpg

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ChnageLog R05

• Based on N986BXXU1DUC8 March 2021 security patch OneUI 3.1
    • Quick Star updated
    • GoodLock for non supported CSC updated, all module can be used now (ROM Tool - GoodLock)
    • All the other features of previous version will remain same.
    Samsung Base Chanelog
    • Improved performance. - Camera (added some mod)
    • The security of your device has been improved.

TweaksPro recommended version is 2.0.7 or up

ROM Features

- Ad Free QS Panel Toggle
    - SafetyNet Pre-fixed
    - Reboot to recovery QS Panel Toggle
    - Native call recorder (Manual) While you are on call - click 3 dot - Record (Should work without CSC restriction)
    - Auto Call Record (See below ROM Tool)
    - Removed many stubs & common bloatwares (tried to preserve most functions though)
    - Removed carrier bloatwares
    - QuickStar without CSC dependency
    - More secure OEM patch.
    - High Volume warning disabled
    - Dual SIM + SD card pre patched
    - Pre fixed Titanium freezing while restoring apps
    - Probable fix for Titanium Backup schedule
    - Internet browser Secret mode
    - S Health patch for using with rooted device.
    - ROM Tool with following Options

• Long Press Home customization : Select Device assistance as LP Home from settings, then select if you want to use it to assign to any
    • AdFree mode Enable/Disable
    • Single click install/uninstall custom fonts (on the fly)
    • YouTube Vanced Installer (No xposed requires)
      1. NonRoot - Requires MicroG to login
      2. Root - Truely alternate to Youtube, Can login to youtube without MicroG
    • You have to click on NonRoot/Root depending on your choice, then you needs to click "Install" tab and latest version of Youtube vanced will get installed.
    • StatusBar Icons
      1. Show/Hide stock battery
      2. Show/Hide 3minit battery
      3. show/hide stock clock
      4. show/hide 3minit clock
      5. Show/Hide multiple SB Icons & Clock position (Quick Star) (Needs R update to work)
    • ROM Control - See below
    • GoodLock
    • Mods & Fix
      1. Auto Call Record (No CSC limitations)
      2. Titanium backup FC fix
      3. Google Pay Fix
      4. SafetyNet Fix
      5. Added camera fix (Certain users reported camera failed issue. This is reported on stock too, here is someworkaroung meanwhile samsung fix it)
      6. Option to freeze CID manage (If some CSC have SIM change popup)
      7. Remove red text warning msg from bootsplash.
    • Update & Fix
    - ROM Control (systemUI preferences)

• Battery Bar with thickness and color option
      • Network meter with Toggle (Lt/Rt/Quick Panel/None) with color option
      • Virtual Key with Toggle (Lt side - Menu, Rt side - Power, Centre - Home)
    PS : There may be few more options in ROM control but won't work if those are not mentioned here.

Known Bug/Tips/Fix

- 3 minit users can use 3minit battery paid version for free. Check this (Thanks to gharrington )

Installation
    : Refer to Installation note available in ROM download area.

Download : DrKetanROM.com

PS : This is a fully customized ROM and for end users only, ROM or any part of ROM not allowed to redistribute,modify or to use as base to prepare new ROM.

A bad and a good news. Well, looks like there is not going to be a Note21:

They will however continue the Note series. But the next note will be Note22.
    It seems S21 sell not going well.
    N20 have no price drop (unofficially or officially) while on S21 already I got extra 150$ discount (additional from 150$ exchange offer)
    Now if I sell watch active 2, actual cost will be nearly 1K USD
    Apart from this, I have s21 ultra too but I reserved just for development test purpose, still N20 ultra is my primary device and probably remain same till next note. I didn't like s21 ultra much.
    WTH samsung pushing minor fix in pieces.
    Now within a wk new firmware released with S21 camera mods added to N20 but security patch still March21, so may be next week or two again there will be a new firmware with aptil atch.
    What do you think? should update or wait for april patch?
    A bad and a good news. Well, looks like there is not going to be a Note21:

They will however continue the Note series. But the next note will be Note22.
    N986B/N985F Dr.Ketan ROM

ROM Features

ROM Features varies with version of ROM. For more details, read changelog post. Link available in post #3 for changelog of all versions.
    Must read changelog for a version you are going to install, it will have latest information about features, changes, known bug list/fix and Installation guide of respective version.

Credit and Thanks :
    @Chainfire - Respected elite developer for supersu and his unbelievable contribution to XDA/Android community. @wanam - Respected elite developer for his awesome contribution and references to his works.
    @topjohnwu for Magisk
    @xperiacle the amazing developer for reference to his work and tools. @amarullz for aroma installer. @gharrington for 3minit battery and QuickLaunch.
    ROM Control source and all credit and thanks goes to @daxgirl and @Wuby986 for their open source project for RomControl.
    @AbrahamGC for some ideas samsungvn htcmania & 4PDA for tips and some stock apks. @geiti94 for TWRP @Arteush for bluetooth fix (losing BT pair on reboot) on Android Q @Winb33 for custom font pack

XDA:DevDB Information

N986B I Dr.Ketan ROM , ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra

Contributors
    dr.ketan, Dr.Ketan
    ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Stock Samsung

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2020-08-27
    Last Updated 2020-10-29
    ChangeLog R03 (N986B/N985F)

(Update : There is new version R03_New.
    Basic features remain same as R03. Read This for R03_New change log)
    • Based on N986BXXU1DUB6 Feb2021 security patch OneUI 3.1
    • SafetyNet fix will auto apply with ROM Tool essential fix. Don't use any other safetynet fix
    • Magisk updated to latest stable
    • GoodLock & Quick Star updated
    • AdFree host file updated
    • Vanced manager updated
    • More apps debloated (download area have restore files if needed
    • Custom fonts available in debloating folder of download area
    • All the other features of previous version will remain same.
    • Samsung Base ChangeLog

Calendar
    - Extract the date and address from the event title and recommend automatic registration.
    - Receive notifications from SmartThings devices that also have specified schedule notifications.
    Camera
    - The performance of Camera has been improved
    Display
    - Eye comfort shield function has been added.
    - The color temperature of the screen automatically adjusts for the time of day.
    Buds Auto Switching
    - Support Buds auto switching between Galaxy phone and tablet.
    Reminder
    - Extract the date and address from the reminder memo and recommend to register automatically, and remind important information by situation.
    Share Sheet
    - It is now possible to protect your privacy by deleting the location information of previously taken photos before sharing or posting them on social media.
    Social Platform
    - Synchronize valid links created on devices with the same registered Samsung account.
    - The use of social media services has been simplified. It is possible to share profiles, photos, notes, schedules, and more with friends simply by logging in to your Samsung account.
    Photo Editor
    - Object eraser feature has been added to Labs in Photo Editor.
    - Using Erase Objects allows you to erase an object which you want in the photo.

TweaksPro recommended version is 2.0.7 or up

ROM Features

- Ad Free QS Panel Toggle
    - Reboot to recovery QS Panel Toggle
    - Native call recorder (Manual) While you are on call - click 3 dot - Record (Should work without CSC restriction)
    - Auto Call Record (See below ROM Tool)
    - Removed many stubs & common bloatwares (tried to preserve most functions though)
    - Removed carrier bloatwares
    - QuickStar without CSC dependency
    - More secure OEM patch.
    - High Volume warning disabled
    - Dual SIM + SD card pre patched
    - Pre fixed Titanium freezing while restoring apps
    - Probable fix for Titanium Backup schedule
    - Internet browser Secret mode
    - S Health patch for using with rooted device.
    - ROM Tool with following Options
      • Long Press Home customization : Select Device assistance as LP Home from settings, then select if you want to use it to assign to any
      • AdFree mode Enable/Disable
      • Single click install/uninstall custom fonts (on the fly)
      • YouTube Vanced Installer (No xposed requires)
        1. NonRoot - Requires MicroG to login
        2. Root - Truely alternate to Youtube, Can login to youtube without MicroG
      • You have to click on NonRoot/Root depending on your choice, then you needs to click "Install" tab and latest version of Youtube vanced will get installed.
      • StatusBar Icons
        1. Show/Hide stock battery
        2. Show/Hide 3minit battery
        3. show/hide stock clock
        4. show/hide 3minit clock
        5. Show/Hide multiple SB Icons & Clock position (Quick Star) (Needs R update to work)
      • ROM Control - See below
      • GoodLock
      • Mods & Fix
        1. Auto Call Record (No CSC limitations)
        2. Titanium backup FC fix
        3. Google Pay Fix
        4. SafetyNet Fix
        5. Added camera fix (Certain users reported camera failed issue. This is reported on stock too, here is someworkaroung meanwhile samsung fix it)
        6. Option to freeze CID manage (If some CSC have SIM change popup)
        7. Remove red text warning msg from bootsplash.
      • Update & Fix
    - ROM Control (systemUI preferences)

• Battery Bar with thickness and color option
      • Network meter with Toggle (Lt/Rt/Quick Panel/None) with color option
      • Virtual Key with Toggle (Lt side - Menu, Rt side - Power, Centre - Home)
    PS : There may be few more options in ROM control but won't work if those are not mentioned here.

Known Bug/Tips/Fix

- Wallapaper setting not available because of debloating accidentally file. Kindly flash
    AR_Zone_Emoji_WallPaper.zip from Download/Bloatware folder
    - 3 minit users can use 3minit battery paid version for free. Check this (Thanks to gharrington )

Installation
    : Refer to Installation note available in ROM download area.

Download : DrKetanROM.com

PS : This is a fully customized ROM and for end users only, ROM or any part of ROM not allowed to redistribute,modify or to use as base to prepare new ROM.

Wishing you friends happy and healthy new year! Stay safe and blessed.
    After a nightmare now back.
    Testing R01 now. (y)
    ChangeLog

Android Q
    - Q01 - 27.08.2020 - Initial release
    - Q02 - Only Test release
    - Q03 - 11.09.2020
    - Q04 - 21.09.2020
    - Q05 - 10.10.2020
    - Q06 - 11.10.2020

Android R(Beta)
    - RB1 - 27.10.2020
    - RB2 - 29.10.2020
    - RB3 - 06.11.2020
    - RB4 - 12.11.2020

- RB5 - 04.12.2020

Android R (Stable)
    -
    R01 - 19.12.2020
    - R02 - 06.01.2021
    OneUI 3.1
    -
    R03 - 19.02.2021
    - R04 - 15.03.2021
    - R05 - 27.03.2021

How to report bugs/Issue?
    To report issue, you needs to provide following informations, else it will be ignored. Also if your query is already mentioned on OP/ChangeLogg post, it will be ignored.
    1.ROM build number.
    2.Dirty/Clean Install. - If you have dirty installed, Then first clean install and report if issue persists.
    3.Bug/Issue appears right after installing or later?
    4.How to reproduce error.
    5.Is there any same reports there on thread on your searching?
    6.Is there any mention about same bug on OP or changeLog post?
    7.Logs - Attach logs here/Upload to other places where it can be downloaded without registration and doesn't have ad (we recommend dropbox/Gdrive) and post link.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone