[27-6]-[SD/MAG]-[ Jaguaralani Android Gamer's Edition V2 ]-[K:H8.6][Smooth-Fast]

Search This thread
K

knote

When looking at the apps in Titanium Backup, the MMS program may be called "messaging" or something like that, I do not recall exactly. It does not specifically say mms.apk.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=912202
Here is a link to a cyanogen 6 mms.apk that I tested as working.
I always have to reboot after uninstalling the first messaging app to install the cyanogen mms.

I read some where that GO SMS has a user agent option, if you are willing to use that program it may be a much easier fix for the blurry MMS pics.

If you do choose to uninstall the default messaging app, those funky white button icons are not going to be around anymore.

i see 2 files in TB that I think you are talking about. I am not sure which one it is tho, although i think it's the first one. PLMK if i am correct.

sms/mms prefs - messages 1.00
sms/mms/apn - dialer storage 2.2

weexy

Dec 21, 2008
i see 2 files in TB that I think you are talking about. I am not sure which one it is tho, although i think it's the first one. PLMK if i am correct.

sms/mms prefs - messages 1.00
sms/mms/apn - dialer storage 2.2

It is definitely sms/mms prefs - messages 1.00, I just checked a clean install of this build to verify this. If you click on the yellow text in the titanium pop up box it will say "com.android.mms"

Uninstall that with titanium and reboot, then run the mms.apk from the other thread and it should install a cyanogen 6 mms client with the user agent option.

To be safe, first you should backup your JaguarGE folder from your SD card in case you want to revert back. or you can even backup the default messaging app with titanium before you uninstall it.

K

knote

It is definitely sms/mms prefs - messages 1.00, I just checked a clean install of this build to verify this. If you click on the yellow text in the titanium pop up box it will say "com.android.mms"

Uninstall that with titanium and reboot, then run the mms.apk from the other thread and it should install a cyanogen 6 mms client with the user agent option.

To be safe, first you should backup your JaguarGE folder from your SD card in case you want to revert back. or you can even backup the default messaging app with titanium before you uninstall it.

ok....did it. but the pic still comes out small.

Last edited:

weexy

Dec 21, 2008
ok....did it. but the pic still comes out small.

Did you change the user agent to Nokia 95 in the settings of the cyanogen messaging app?

If so, then only thing left to try is some different APN settings. I am assuming you are on T-mobile like your sig shows.

Are you using the default APN settings that came with the build?

With the default APN settings on a fresh install of the build, I can duplicate the small, blurry MMS pics and then fix it by replacing the messaging app and using the Nokia 95 user agent.

Last edited:
K

knote

Did you change the user agent to Nokia 95 in the settings of the cyanogen messaging app?

If so, then only thing left to try is some different APN settings. I am assuming you are on T-mobile like your sig shows.

Are you using the default APN settings that came with the build?

With the default APN settings on a fresh install of the build, I can duplicate the small, blurry MMS pics and then fix it by replacing the messaging app and using the Nokia 95 user agent.

didn't know about having to change the agent to nokia95. i installed go sms and it seems to work fine for it. i tried to go back to the orig msg app and change it after i had installed go sms, and now it's giving me some kind of error. and i really don't want to do a fresh install of everything since restoring the backup didn't help either. i'll just use go sms with this rom until then. thank you for all your help! <3 long time

webface

Apr 25, 2010
Its called "root battery calibrator" by potente.

Sent from my Jaguaralani Gamer's Edition using XDA App

I also have a fast batt drain.
I looked for the "root battery calibrator" but I cannot find it.
only battery calibration and battery calibrator.
Is the creator "potente"?
webface

traxandrew

Jul 25, 2010
Interesting thing I can't install Set CPU app. Keep saying a problem parsing the package. Hm... Also I'm expecting an update for this build. Because I like speed it works with.

weexy

Dec 21, 2008
Interesting thing I can't install Set CPU app. Keep saying a problem parsing the package. Hm... Also I'm expecting an update for this build. Because I like speed it works with.

When ever I get the parsing package error on various builds it usually points to the cache directory for the market having messed up permissions.

lukitas12

Oct 8, 2010
Thank You very much! This is the first SD Android Os i try and works great. Smoth, fast, not even one problem. The phone is stable.
Looking foward for new versions. cya! :D

traxandrew

Jul 25, 2010
Now I have a problem with Data connection. Seems like not working at all. Connects but doesn't load anything. Using only WiFi now. Any suggestions? I guess we really need an update now.

Last edited:

arkatis

Dec 24, 2008
Cyprus-Nicosia
Just downloaded the SD version for use with MAGLDR. I am doing everything but it says "SD KERNEL OPEN FAILED "
I also renamed the Folder to "Android" but nothing! I also downloaded that attached file you posted on the OP. Any heads up?

Last edited:

weexy

Dec 21, 2008
Just downloaded the SD version for use with MAGLDR. I am doing everything but it says "SD KERNEL OPEN FAILED "
I also renamed the Folder to "Android" but nothing! I also downloaded that attached file you posted on the OP. Any heads up?

I am not sure if MAGLDR bypasses the startup.txt, you may need to keep the folder name JaguarGE or modifiy the startup.txt to reflect the new folder name you choose.

Why not just leave the folder name JaguarGE.

Reactions: arkatis

urxz

Jul 15, 2010
Tallinn
I tried this rom for a week and desided that its not for me. at first all was ok, but after a few days data connection started to brake. only way to restore data connection was off-on DConnetion. othervise its a good rom, very smooth

Graeme748

Feb 27, 2010
I tried this rom for a week and desided that its not for me. at first all was ok, but after a few days data connection started to brake. only way to restore data connection was off-on DConnetion. othervise its a good rom, very smooth
I've been using this ROM for a few weeks now and I find it very solid. I am not having any issues with it at all. WiFi and Bluetooth work very well with no drop-outs. The battery consumption is also acceptable for normal daily use. It just wors as it should for me.

dr.faramroze

Oct 28, 2009
Valsad/Mumbai
Same here, the first four days the Android port did not experience any flaws but since yesterday there is packet loss in network connection. I have to switch on-off apn and also into airplane and back. Otherwise this rom is most tension free. Very good HTC applications just like WM. The white dialpad and call history is very best. Can the connection problem be solved by changing the kernel?

ryo9502

Jan 22, 2010
wifi ad - hoc

This rom is very good for me as a gamer, because it's based on dhd build that means that this rom is suitable for playing dhd android games. also this rom doesn't have sense wich is good also coz sense builds really drains my battery.
but there is something that still missing, i wish that it also supports ad hoc wifi like tha cm7 builds? so any suggestion?:p

razer4ever

Oct 15, 2008
i love this rom, especially that it is very fast. although i found one issue that is kinda bothering me. i played recently teeter and i observed that the calibration wasn't perfect..so i went in settings and did it myself. after that i noticed that there is a huge lag in auto rotate, from skyfire to messaging app..any fix??

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a HIGHLY TWEAKED, ULTRA SMOOTH and FAST FULLY FUNCTIONAL ANDROID DESIRE HD2 SD ROM, DEDICATED ESPECIALLY FOR GAMERS, AND ALSO READY FOR DAILY USE....

*Check Post #2 for the update*

Download Mirrors Are Not Allowed

Rom Base: Desire 3.32 FROYO
    Kernel : Hastarin 8.6

Rom Specifications
    -Highly optimized Desire Rom for ultra performance + smoothness.
    -Highly stable.
    -Tweaked for best CPU-GPU performance for Gamers.
    -Ready for daily use too.
    -Removed Sense and related widgets for better rom performance, replace by another launcher ( any 3rd part launcher can be used ).
    -Battery Consumption = 4-6 mAh.
    -Fully De-Odexed.
    -Languages=WWE+RTL
    -Themed ( Thanks to esk02k )
    -Enjoy, Original+Google+MIUI Cameras.
    -You may use ChainFire's Application.

What's Working:
    Everything apart from SENSE and related Widgets..

What's not Working:
    Tell me please...

Installation:
    Download the rom.
    Unzip using 7zip.
    Put "JaguarGE" folder on the root of your SD card.
    Run CLRCAD then HaReT....

Download Link V1 (20-6-2011)
    http://hotfile.com/dl/121315057/5827164/Jaguaralani_Gamers_Edition.7z.html

MAGLDR (V1) USERS: Please use this rootfs ( attached )...

Thanks to:
    XDA, Hastarin, Rafpigna, ACA, Copenhagen, boxmax, Emran Waqad, Asim-jan,
    Update - 27-6-2011 Jaguaralani Gamers' Edition V2
    This is a update patch for V1 not a full rom

1-Added Battery % to stock battery
    2-Added Dual Mount SD Widget ( better reliability when copying files over to SD )
    3-Added Notification Toggles ( Customizable )
    4-Added Sd Speed (SD Cache Tweak - Increase to 2048)

Download from HERE
    Unzip "root folder" to your JaguarGE folder
    Restart
    Mine Too..............
    Check Post #2 for an update :D
    will update soon...........