• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[28/02/2010] [QVGA/WQVGA/VGA/WVGA] Swype Keyboard HTC-Like Skin - Released v2.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Baly23

Jan 3, 2008
Palermo

Swype Keyboard HTC-like Skin

81365694.jpg

40071885.jpg

Download Avaiable Here!

v2.0:
- [Swype + Skin:]
WQVGA - WVGA - VGA - QVGA
- [Skin Only:]

v1.0:
- [Skin Only:]

- [Swype Original Cab Only:]

v2.0 (28 February 2010)
Released. Woring on the new build (multilanguage).
Based on 3.9.10.10 Cab.
Working only on WVGA/HTC devices.

v1.0 (25 December 2009)
Now it works in every language Rom, i fix a thing in the extrator cab.
Every Resolution, every device, from QVGA to WVGA, and the widescreen versions.
Fixed the .ini file that in QVGA makes the skin ugly. Now it has the correct aspect ratio.
You have to install first the cab and then the skin. If you have the Swype keyboard cooked in, you have to install only the skin.
On NON-WWE ROMs you have to move the swype folder from your locale program files folder to /Program Files/.

I'm working on it totally free!
Donations are allowed =)

ATTENTION! Remove the password from your phone before installing the cabs, or it will lock your phone and you should hard reset =(

Here the images at full resolution.
If you could adapt it to VGA/QVGA/WQVGA and for non-htc device, it will be fantastic!
I've no more time to spend with this skin... the school is really holding me to the chair XD

Last edited:

Baly23

Jan 3, 2008
Palermo
PORTRAIT MODE COMPLETED!

Honestly i could also post a cab of the portrait skin, but I don't like post something that is incomplete...
If at least one person want it, i could pack and upload to this post, else I continue with the Landscape skin and you'll wait for the final release ;)

EDIT:
DOOWNNLOOAADDD IN FIIIRSSTTT POOOSSSTTT!
(only the portrait mode, it's Christmas!)

Last edited:

Baly23

Jan 3, 2008
Palermo
But... why did you posted it here?! XD
mmm i could try to install the VGA and the QVGA version on my older devices and if the landscape is just resized from the wide version, i could make every cab ;)

Baly23

Jan 3, 2008
Palermo
Woo~ YAY!! thanks!

But a small request.. Is there any chance to improve the quality of the keys? :D

no, i'm sorry, the QVGA/WQVGA is too smaller (4 times) and with a different height (77% of the ratio).
Last week i had a QVGA Device and i hate the ugly resize of the themes and application, now i'm on WVGA and i'm skinning for that resolution.
QVGA is too older for spend times to support it, i'm betting all on VGA/WVGA ;)

I'm Sorry =(

anthnhlt

Dec 3, 2008
I know that creating these skins are very time consuming so if my quality is up to standards with that of your own, you are welcome to use the .bmp that I created for the Numeric and Editing LS.

SwypeRef_LS_Numeric_VGA.jpg

SwypeRef_LS_Editing_VGA.jpg

Baly23

Jan 3, 2008
Palermo
I know that creating these skins are very time consuming so if my quality is up to standards with that of your own, you are welcome to use the .bmp that I created for the Numeric and Editing LS.

SwypeRef_LS_Numeric_VGA.jpg

SwypeRef_LS_Editing_VGA.jpg

good work! but mines are better :D
If you have some spare time, you could try to make the qvga resizing... not just make shorter the image, but deleting some pixel lines between keys... did you understand me? :D

anthnhlt

Dec 3, 2008
The quality may not be up to par with the original which should be expected but it doesn't look half bad on my device. I just hate waiting. Greak work though!!!

ScreenShot.jpg

Last edited:

Baly23

Jan 3, 2008
Palermo
mine landscape keyboard with letters (not symbol) is really amazing (eheheh) this evening i'm at my grandma house, so i cant work on it. Tomorrow before evening i'l try to release everything! like a Christmas gift!
(only if the christmas presents aren't better!)

Status
Not open for further replies.