[28-07 r4.1.1 beta] nk02's ION Multi5 PVT 32B

Search This thread

nk02

Aug 22, 2008
This rom is for VODAFONE HTC Magic (spl 1.33.0004 or haykuro spl 2004/2005). Is a ION multilanguage (ita fra spa deutch eng) with some improvements.

To install, first wipe and apply update. If you wipe after apply update, you lost the applications that i've add in the rom!

NOTE: "(for non english users.. as me ): To use T9 system, just go in system language setting, try to set english and after in your language, and check in touch input if "keyboard language" is blank. If it's blank, t9 is in your language!"

Changelog v4.1.1 beta [WITHOUT HERO THEME]
-Rogro82's Launcher, with costomizable autorotate, max 10 home, trash and directory in menu (menu>others)
-Donut's Power widget (gps toggle doesn't work)
-There are two Email applications, one from mytouch3g rom, with exchange support
-kernel update
-rgv151's Mms/Sms application, with send-on-enter option (in message app, menu>settings)
-new Busybox and squashfs :)
-some others that i don't remember..
-DalvikVM from donut (seems more speed!) [4.1.1]
-Phone.apk with vibrate at answer ( Settings -> Call Settings ) [4.1.1]

it is stable and without hero theme, but with applications in /data/app, but i consider it beta because probably in the next days i've released a new version, with some donut optiomization from donut (thanks cyanogen). sorry but i have no time to release quickly new roms :D

LINK r4.1 .1FULL:: http://www.androidiani.com/~web14_repository/nk02ion/nk02ion_full4.1.1beta-signed.zip

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Changelog v4
-full and lite version
-new optimized kernel 2.6.27 with tether (in v3 doesn't work)
-mount partitions with noatime/nodiratime option
-new wlan.ko
-busybox
-battery and ram optimization
-auto-apn from vodafone rom (there are only vodafone apns and some other), but this is the solution for mms problems with some carrier.
-SIM Menu and
-only full: added apps in /data/app. you can uninstall it (permission fixed) in "manage applications" menu
-only full: pdfviewer, htc quickoffice, anetshare, astro, atrackdog, ecc ecc
-only full: hero skin

ps: original r4 had overclock and tweaked frequency options, but i have to test it because seems to eat battery :D this lite and full version haven't this tweaks (cpu is set at 384mhz)! probably in the next days i'll release another 2 r4 version with frequency tweaks!

Very very thanks especially to Fatal1ty and Peppens1 (for edit some png on hero theme)
Special thanks also to Lamusic (i've used his kernel, Cyanogen, Tehseano & MOONSSPOON (hero theme) and all my tester!

I would to remember that (if you have ubuntu and if your name is "calmero") my rom probably steal all your tomboy notes and all dates in your pc ( i'm jocking :) !! )

In the next day, i'll try to add another languages to rom (as request!)

NOTE: "(for non english users.. as me ): To use T9 system, just go in system language setting, try to set english and after in your language, and check in touch input if "keyboard language" is blank. If it's blank, t9 is in your language!"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Changelog r3 (new link 15/06/09)

-new GoogleMaps3.1 (in new link 15/06/09)
-turn to kernel 2.6.27
-new wlan.ko
-new Audio*.csv from noverca
-bt paring problems fixed
-picasa fixed
-seems to be more speed (htc_ime lag less)...

Changelog r2a

added
-Download Cruch Lite
-NetCounter
-New Spare parts (fancy animation) (+odex -dex)
-Fix MMS send/receive problems | new apn-conf.xml
-SMS and Overclock widget update
-some odex file (apk's dex removed)

Changelog r1

info:
-Based on haykuro's ionr2-sapphire-signed.zip
-Kernel 2.6.29-daproy/haykuro
-Model number Google ION
-Build CRB43
-Tethering enabled
-Roaming disable by default (on haykuro ION is enabled!)

added
-Multilanguage
-Automatic APNs
-GoogleMaps from Hero
-StreetView from Hero
-Audio*.csv from Vodafone rom (without audio problems)
-HTC_IME.apk + odex (remove dex)
-Clicker.apk + odex (remove dex)
-libt9.so
-Astro
-SMS Unread Count WIDGET
-Overclock WIDGET (suggest to set "standby freq" at 128mhz!)
-andTether 1.51
-Spare Parts

removed:
-LatinIME.apk
-LatinIME.odex
-libjni_pinyinime.so
-libjni_latinime.so
-Amazon MP3

NOTE1: Reboot after wizard and sync :)
NOTE2 (for non english users.. as me :D ): To use T9 system, just select the proper own system language (on starting wizard) and leave "Touch Input" language as default without change any settings (you will see only English as selectable, but leave it unchecked). If the t9 remain in english (selected), try to set system language in english and after in your language, and reboot the phone.

LINK r3 FULL: never released
LINK r3 LITE (without added apps): http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HTDP1LEU (new link 15/06/09)

LINK r4 FULL:( with hero theme): http://www.megaupload.com/?d=R5XIMFYN (pdfviewer fixed)
LINK r4 LITE (without added apps and hero theme): http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QEZVNMBS
Patch busybox for r4 LITE (don't wipe): http://www.androidiani.com/~web99_repository/nk02ion/PatchIon4lite.zip

If you like my work, buy me a beer!

Thanks haykuro, francko76 and androidiani.com

IF YOU WANT ANDROID ORIGINAL VIRTUAL KEYBOARD:

download THIS

Code:
adb remount
adb shell rm /system/app/HTC_IME.*
adb shell reboot

adb remount
adb push lib/libjni_latinime.so /system/lib
adb push lib/libjni_pinyinime.so /system/lib
adb push app/LatinIME.apk /system/app
adb push app/LatinIME.odex /system/app
adb shell reboot
after going through the above steps, you can't bring up a keyboard. By going to Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications -> Android Keyboard -> Clear Data -> Force Close... And presto, the ION Keyboard works! (thanks vladkor!)

Last edited:

QTeknology

Jul 21, 2004
Napoli
It's the same, nothing important, just added "Spare Parts" app
I'm using it and it rocks ;)
it's a superfast rom !

bobdude5

Jan 12, 2009
Tustin
hi :) great job on this one..would it be possible to get the camera from your hero package to this one?..i tried just installing the apk but no luck

thanks for all your work man :)

zyon92

Apr 6, 2008
Paris
Thx a lot from france !!!
All work great's very fast.

Thanks you for your work ;)

Last edited:

azn185guy

May 31, 2009
love the rom but it doesn't work with GV app so had to go back to the normal ion 2 version.

diRm

May 26, 2009
what is the GV app.
In german means GV = Geschlechtsverkehr (sexual relation) ;)

Works great for me.
But after flahing my userdata the onscreen keyboard doesnt work anymore.
I had the original google keyboard before the update.
Is there a way to use my old userdata with the new rom and any keyboard (I prefere the new one).

Last edited:

es_pirulo

Jul 18, 2008
I've problem with this rom. It stays in the android logo and doesn't boot (10 minutes and counting....)

I've copied the update.zip inside memory card, after that i've make a nandroid backup and wipe user data. After that, apply update, and reboot.

I have haykuro's spl, phone with root access, and Rogers Rom...

Anyone with the same problem??

---Edit----

Solved!!!
Re-entering into boot mode, re-wiping, re-applying, and re-booting...

Only Re-peating all the process, worked ok!

Last edited:

magpie2000k

Apr 13, 2005
I've problem with this rom. It stays in the android logo and doesn't boot (10 minutes and counting....)

I've copied the update.zip inside memory card, after that i've make a nandroid backup and wipe user data. After that, apply update, and reboot.

I have haykuro's spl, phone with root access, and Rogers Rom...

Anyone with the same problem??

did the same as you and worked fine.... havent tested yet but will update soon

Asturdream

Apr 9, 2008
Asturias
Thanks a lot! Great Job , very good Rom.

Forza these new Italian Developers .

And Força el Barça! :p

Regards, Saludos, Saluti a tutti.