• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

◄ ▌ [28.Nov.11] [ROM] brainmaster's MIUI NS4G 1.11.25 | OTA ▌►

Search This thread

xdominic

Oct 29, 2010
Man a gb miui with wimax would be tits....

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using XDA

I need to figure out where to start on this kind of project. I'm in love with this ROM, but anything beyond themeing is kind a way over my head.

Edit: Fergie was pretty explicit about where exactly i need to start. . . i just need some serious skill improvement

Last edited:
Reactions: kentsfarm

lurtis

Apr 14, 2012
I need to figure out where to start on this kind of project. I'm in love with this ROM, but anything beyond themeing is kind a way over my head.

Edit: Fergie was pretty explicit about where exactly i need to start. . . i just need some serious skill improvement

I'm in love too. Most stable snappy rom out there. But I'm moving to a 4g area in a week. Goin back too cm7 just for that

lurtis

Apr 14, 2012
I actually live in an area with WiMAX 4G coverage, but i'm still using this ROM. =P

I've been living in the Rockies mountains for 2 years with barely any 3g coverage. So I'm excited to be in a big city with 4g...really sick of paying premium prices for services that barely work. I'm lucky if I get .2 Mbps down and 15 Kbps up on my 3g

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ◄ ▌ [28.Nov.11] [ROM] brainmaster's MIUI NS4G 1.11.25 | OTA ▌►

Presentation4G.png

• What is this about?

I am modder and tweaker that likes the MIUI ROM. I didn't compile the ROM, I am using the compiled ROM as a base for my tweaks. In fact, only MIUI China can compile ROMs as they have the source code.

• This is what you get:

ROM is themed, rooted, deodexed, zip aligned, optimized, full of tweaks (LibSQLite tweaks, EXT4 tweaks for reduction of CPU cycles, RAM Optimization - very smooth UI with no redraws, faster GPS Lock, ADFree hosts - more then 25.000 pages blocked, custom Bootscreen, 4-Way Reboot, skip volume track, USB Debugging notification disabled, ... and, and, and).

• Languages:

Bulgarian, Catalonian, Czech, Chinese (simple), Chinese (Traditional), Croatian, Dutch, English, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Latvian, Netherland, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovenian, Slovakian, Spanish, Suomi, Swedish, Tagalog, Turkish, Ukrainian, and few other languages.

RTL fix for all the languages using this write method - RTL Fix must be applied through the CWM after flashing the ROM, Font & Dialer need to be installed through the Theme Manager. Files are on Dev-host.org.

• When can you expect releases:

- release day every Sunday 22.00 CET, more probably Friday 22.00 CET.

Please remember - although I have named the release days, the update can also come later or be dropped if I don't have enough time to work on it. It can also come earlier.

Since I don't have NS4G, it's impossible for me to test the release. I hope you will still be able to use my ROM (Thanks HareyCarey for testing!)

Thanx goes to all of the XDA members and developers that supplied me with their work.

Changelog:

Version 1.11.25:

MIUI Changelog:

Lockscreen, status bar and notifications:

• New lockscreen 2.0, Support for content providers, any third-party applications can read data provided by the content provider and display. At the same time added better logic to select the function
    • Optimisation of lockscreen digital screen image shows the way with a convenient source of production and support for picture animation
    Camera:

• Optimisation of the “Reduce flicker” camera mode settings value
    • EXIF camera fix time saved details when using the local time instead of UTC time to ensure that the majority of third-party applications can display the correct time the photo was taken
    • Fix problem selecting effect in camera settings did not display the selected effect
    • Fix for camera effects e.g. “Nostalgia”, selecting effect and returning to the camera did not show selected effect, only “effect”
    Gallery:

• Optimisation of image detail page to show EXIF information. If the file does not contain EXIF data the last modified time details are shown
    • Optimisation of the SD card tab, display list of photos, picture detail showing 24-hour clock time
    • Fix third-party applications to open illegal file names e.g. .txt into .jpg leading to FC problems
    Browser:

• Optimisation of HTML5 full screen video playback and hiding of the status bar
    • Optimisation for back button to browse the web control process

My Changelog:

- Only bugfixes
    - Some small fixes and other things that I've forgot

On Dev-Host.org, you can find Addons!

Since the 1.9.9 you need to enable the Root rights in the Superuser App menu!

Downloads:

1.11.25 Brainmaster NS4G MIUI ROM

Installation Notes:

OTA Updates:

You will be automatically notified when update is available.

When you go to Updater app, you have two possibilities:

1. Install OTA Update - this is offered automatically.
    This kind of installation is updating your ROM to the latest version, it doesn't delete any apps from /data/app, but you might need flashing your custom kernel, or

2. Download latest ROM - click on "Menu" and choose this option.
    Recommended if you want to make a fresh install.

Manual Install:

Fresh Install (when coming from the other ROM's):
    1. Go into Recovery - mounts and storage. Format /system, /cache, /data, /boot.
    2. Install ROM.
    3. Reboot.

Upgrading from previous MIUI Branmaster ROM:
    1. Go into Recovery.
    2. Install ROM.
    3. Reboot.

NOTICE:

Please keep this thread clean, if you need support use the Thread in the Nexus S Android Development, since I'm mostly there.

If you want to receive notifications on updates, then follow me on Twitter!
    OTA Sent for 1.11.4 and 1.11.11 ROMs.

I have checked the library and other files for the GPS in this ROM, they are all present like in the NS Build.

I don't know why you guys have broken GPS.

Changelog:

Version 1.11.25:

MIUI Changelog:

Lockscreen, status bar and notifications:

• New lockscreen 2.0, Support for content providers, any third-party applications can read data provided by the content provider and display. At the same time added better logic to select the function
    • Optimisation of lockscreen digital screen image shows the way with a convenient source of production and support for picture animation
    Camera:

• Optimisation of the “Reduce flicker” camera mode settings value
    • EXIF camera fix time saved details when using the local time instead of UTC time to ensure that the majority of third-party applications can display the correct time the photo was taken
    • Fix problem selecting effect in camera settings did not display the selected effect
    • Fix for camera effects e.g. “Nostalgia”, selecting effect and returning to the camera did not show selected effect, only “effect”
    Gallery:

• Optimisation of image detail page to show EXIF information. If the file does not contain EXIF data the last modified time details are shown
    • Optimisation of the SD card tab, display list of photos, picture detail showing 24-hour clock time
    • Fix third-party applications to open illegal file names e.g. .txt into .jpg leading to FC problems
    Browser:

• Optimisation of HTML5 full screen video playback and hiding of the status bar
    • Optimisation for back button to browse the web control process

My Changelog:

- Only bugfixes
    - Some small fixes and other things that I've forgot

Downloads:

1.11.25 Brainmaster NS4G MIUI ROM

Here's some candy until the update comes.

This is Andys latest version of Extended Settings with overscroll. I just modded it to be compatible with our device.. This week Andy added a built in app drawer! It's still in its infancy and has some bugs but looks cool

So before you flash anything, delete/Uninstall the old Miui Control Panel app found in /system/app/

Next, boot to recovery, wipe cache/dalvik then flash this zip

http://db.tt/nfDbgZQb

Fix permissions then reboot. Next, download this apk

http://db.tt/OFIg4aVF

Install like a normal app.

To activate the app drawer open up the MIUI control app and goto App Drawer options.

You have to pull down right below the status bar to activate it. It's a very small area so before you say it doesn't work just keep trying

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    Just in case anyone was interested, I ported latest MIUI 2.2.10 for NS4G

Calls work/GPS works/Extended Settings Mod included in d/l's

info here
    Post deleted - wrong thread.