- N5 + S8+ (leaked dump) port
- Jio VoLTE support
- S8 Edge features.All supported features which doesn't require physical edge except ADO service ROM have AOD support but you need a kernel with AOD support.
- Added S6 edge kernel for S6+ users.
- Added N9208 Kernel in aroma
- Light Debloated
- Pre rooted with latest SuperSU
- Native support for Gear VR without any fix (Gear watch not tested but that also should work)
- Enabled all languages
- Included stock Kernel
- 5 Way reboot menu + Torch with Toggle in ROM Control
- Auto Call record (recorded file location device storage/voice directory
- Camera shutter sound toggle
- Latest Samsung Health instead of S-Health
- Rom Control
- Messaging mode
- Statusbar icons adjusted as per non edge device
Most N5 features as it is like
- Handwriting (writing buddy)
- S Pen
- Action Memo with link to action
- smart select
- + shortcut
- Screen Off Memo (First open samsung Note and allow permission asked for)
- Camera is fully N5 (S8 Icon only) so should work all the camera features and so NO bixby vision
- Messaging mods
- Enabled data firewall (settings - Connection - data usage - Manage app data
- No SMS to mms conversion.
- Backup restore option
- Key light duration
- Outdoor mode
- Fingerprint wake (ROM Control)
- Screenshot/ScreenRecord toggle
- Network meter with color option. Also fixed for delay measuring. Now it's live per/sec.
- Enabled real time native network speed meter (Toggle in ROM Tool - systemui mods - status bar mods)
- Viper Sound Mode (Stock built in kernel compatible) - To use viper mode, you have to apply essential fix and reboot. after that driver status will change and no extra deiver needed to install. If you find no effect then one more time apply essential fix and reboot.
- Dolby Sound Mode (Stock built in kernel compatible)
Aroma have chouce to select Viper only Dolby only OR Both
- Long press home customization.
You can use almost any app or short cut with long pressing home. To use it open settings - default application - device assistance app - device assist app - select LP home in place of google.
- Lt statusbar virtual key for recent (Toggle available in ROM Tool - SystemUI mods)
- Rt statusbar virtual key for power menu (Toggle available in ROM Tool - SystemUI mods)
- Center statusbar veryual key for Home (Toggle available in ROM Tool - SystemUI mods)
- Network meter Rt side statusbar (Toggle available in ROM Tool - SystemUI mods)
- Lt/Rt side network meter added (without overlapping glitch) + Native speedmeter on Rt. All three have toggles
- Backup/Save option added to messaging app.
- High Volume warning disabled
- Fixed Gray color in power saving mode
- Titanium and Mega Preinstalled as user app and you can simply remove as normal apk.
- Floating message
- Various sound mode on/off like screenshot/low battery/volume control etc
- Toggle Reset option in case you messed up by any mods
- MultiUser enable/disable option (Rom Control)
- Navbar key enable/disable option (Rom Tool)
- DPI Option
- SystemUI mods (optional separately available soon)
- 3 minit battery
- 3 minit clock
- recent shortcut
- stock center clock
How to activate AOD (Always On Display)
ROM is compatible for AOD use but you need a AOD supported kernel.
Remember AOD is quite battery draining feature even though there is no deepsleep issue.
Here is recommended steps to enable AOD
1. Install Dr.Ketan ROM N * (see instriction below)
2. Apply essential Fix on first boot.
At this stage I recomment to make a nandroid so you can remove AOD stuff in future
3. This step 3 is require only on Latest V6 kernel and not on previous V5. Download and install AOD Kenel fix V6.apk (you must have applied essential fix from ROM Tool) - Click on app icon - Now you can use latest kernel.
4. Download AOD kernel from here
5. Flash AOD kernel . While flashing kernel, select your device model correctly + select SuperSu for root option
6. On first reboot again apply Essential Fix from ROm Tool (Very important) - Reboot
7. Download and Install Wifi Fix 1.1 apk and open it - wait till it asl to reboot/icon disappear - Reboot
8. Now you can connect to wifi without issue and ready to use AOD
Thanks and Credit to @khongloi113 for AOD kernel Here is Original Link and Source for Kernel
Installation Instructions :
This instruction is common and you can follow irrespective of current ROM on your device.
1A. If you are on lollipop ROM then you need to flash Bootloader and modem. You can flash one from below according your device.
BL and Modem for N920I.- Download BL and Modem for N920I PD3 Download and EXTRACT that downloaded file to get file ending with *.tar/md5
BL and Modem for N920C - N920C_PF5_Bootloader_Modem.zip Download and EXTRACT that downloaded file to get file ending with *.tar/md5
BL and Modem for N920G - N920G_PF1_Bootloader_Meodem.zip Download and EXTRACT that downloaded file to get file ending with *.tar/md5
1B. If you are already on Marshmallow ROM or higher, No need to flash BL modem and straightway flash TWRP. Here link for TWRP. Download according your device model. Choose one ending file name with img.tar and flash that using Odin
2.Download N920I Dr.Ketan ROM N* (link below) and COPY TO YOUR DEVICE STORAGE OR ON USB OTG
3.Once you download both said file above and copy to said pace, Prepare to flash with Odin
Put your device to download mode. Follow strictly below said method.
A.Switch Off device
B.Press Vol Down + Home +power
once it ask confirm to put device in download mode.
C.Open Odin (V 3.10.6 or above)- Connect device to PC
Once device recognize with odin - Select file you extracted *.tar.md5 from STEP 1 above for AP tab
Open Odin option and uncheck Auto Reboot
Now Flash. Once you see message 'RESET" and Pass on Odin - Disconnect device from PC
D.Long press vol downl + Power to Force Reboot.
Once you see black screen - Immediately press Volume up + Power +home to reboot to recovery.
4.Now you will have TWRP recovery.
- Select to factory reset (wipe data no media)
- select to Install - navigate to N920 Dr.Ketan ROM N*.zip
Once installation finish, Don't select 'Reboot' option in aroma but select to 'Finish'. Once you exit to recovery, select to reboot device and keep patience as it may take 8-9 minute to complete boot.
Special Instruction for S6E users - Select your device kernel in aroma while flashing ROM
Special Instruction for N9208 users
1. Select N9208 kernel while flashing ROM
2. Don't select NFC fix in aroma. In case you have already downloaded and applied then open that app and select to remove fix
3. After flashing ROM you must have applied essential Fix
4. Download N9208_NFC_Fix_1.0.apk from here and Install and apply it.
5. Reboot device and see if NFC issue for dual SIM is fixed.
MD5 : 6FF0775C79B589E252ABE094738120C4
Add On :
SystemUI mods (Get from - ROM Tool - Update and bug fix - Note5 - N6 - SystemUI mods N6)
- 3minit battery
- 3minit clock
- Stock center clock
- Recent app launcher shortcut
Bugs and Fix
- Private Mod not working
- S-View/Clear View cover issue on N9208 - Install Sview Fix 9208 1.0 from - ROM Tool - update and fix - Note 5 - N6
Click on app icon grant SU - Reboot when icon disappear
- Charging animation fix
1)If you are talking about Stock kernel then it's already included in Rom for SM-N920XXim with N920G model wich kernel i have to download ?
Help me guys...
daily usage was 9 to 11% perhour, quite high on screen on and 4G data. also i call a lot.
It's normal i think. anyway, i always bring backup power everywhere.