• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Development [29.11.21] G998B I Dr.Ketan ROM I OneUI 4.0 I OneUI 3.1

Search This thread

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211028-205159_ViPER4Android FX.jpg
    Screenshot_20211028-205159_ViPER4Android FX.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 30

yojavi86

Oct 21, 2021
Help !!! After the last message I tried to delete some apps and it started a reboot cycle without stopping. try wipe and then hard reset. It didn't work. Then reinstall the Rom with Odin and neither. Ua for this I did not enter recovery mode. Then try to install an original factory Rom and it remains the same. this pops up. what I do???

Attachments

• 20211028_094600.jpg
    20211028_094600.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 37
  • 20211028_094645.jpg
    20211028_094645.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 35

dr.ketan

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Help !!! After the last message I tried to delete some apps and it started a reboot cycle without stopping. try wipe and then hard reset. It didn't work. Then reinstall the Rom with Odin and neither. Ua for this I did not enter recovery mode. Then try to install an original factory Rom and it remains the same. this pops up. what I do???
You might knowing, you needs to connect to PC to reboot to recovery
Also make sure you are flashing latest factory base (Odin may fail if your existing system is higher than you are flashing)

nicolahinssen

Nov 1, 2016
Utrecht
Already have Doc, same result...
I have had the exact same problem that you're describing. Nothing seemed to work. But eventually I managed to fix it.

On my old phone I created a backup of the V4A app + data using Swift Backup. Then I restored it to my S21U. Immediately V4A started to function perfectly. Even the driver was recognized without needing to reboot.

I don't know whether this solution would be applicable to you or not, because you need a second phone with functional V4A. Otherwise I could send you the backupped app + data if you'd like?

Reactions: Srbija2012

mrlove6

@dr.ketan please dr. I need ur help urgently. Had battery drain on dirty SB4, so I did wipe data, install the rom once again ( without super.img this time ) done everything but I found that all my files are vanished. In twrp file manager all are still there !! From magisk I can't download any modules, on whatsapp also can't download any pic or video I receive.

dr.ketan

Opening S Health leads to soft reboot
It's fixed on SB4
@dr.ketan please dr. I need ur help urgently. Had battery drain on dirty SB4, so I did wipe data, install the rom once again ( without super.img this time ) done everything but I found that all my files are vanished. In twrp file manager all are still there !! From magisk I can't download any modules, on whatsapp also can't download any pic or video I receive.
It seems your data partition messed up. If you have flashed R* version of rom with factory reset this can happen too. (instalation guide of R* roms explained it)
Anyway format data (full wipe) will fix issue

bmonteiro

May 8, 2015
It's fixed on SB4

It seems your data partition messed up. If you have flashed R* version of rom with factory reset this can happen too. (instalation guide of R* roms explained it)
Anyway format data (full wipe) will fix issue

I'm not sure if it's related to the fix, but I can't link my Samsung Account on S-Health.

Even selecting the account it does not work.

Screenshot_20211028-173804_Android System.jpg

nicolahinssen

Nov 1, 2016
Utrecht
That would be awesome dude, ill send you my email address.. :)
Okay first you have to download Swift Backup from the Play store. Open the app and allow the required permissions and root access. Then download the 3 files from my Drive: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1EvlKgDiCLE31nqRU1dK1q52sK62AL412

Then copy the files to /storage/emulated/0/SwiftBackup/accounts/HEX_FOLDER/backups/apps/local

When you open the app now you should be able to restore the app + data. Let me know if it worked!

Okay first you have to download Swift Backup from the Play store. Open the app and allow the required permissions and root access. Then download the 3 files from my Drive: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1EvlKgDiCLE31nqRU1dK1q52sK62AL412

Then copy the files to /storage/emulated/0/SwiftBackup/accounts/HEX_FOLDER/backups/apps/local

When you open the app now you should be able to restore the app + data. Let me know if it worked!
I can't use Swift backup... I used a modded APK 0nce and now I can never log in again.. thanks anyway for your help..

Is there another way, like uninstalling ViperFX, and deleting all files located on the phone? Then clean reinstall .?

nicolahinssen

Nov 1, 2016
Utrecht
I can't use Swift backup... I used a modded APK 0nce and now I can never log in again.. thanks anyway for your help..

Is there another way, like uninstalling ViperFX, and deleting all files located on the phone? Then clean reinstall .?
Ah too bad. I didn't manage to fix it by deleting all v4a files because the V4A driver is kinda pre-installed in the ROM. So this would require modifying multiple system driver files.

So let's try the same procedure with Titanium Backup. So again, I created an app + data backup.

First install Titanium Backup from the play store. Open the app and allow the permissions + root access. Download the 3 backup files from here: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1FVQx9QX3u-_GbAmTUucRRCUZPDW0oW-C
Paste the files in /storage/emulated/0/TitaniumBackup/. Now restore app + data from TB. Hope this will do, because I've not tried it using TB. But I suppose the principle would be the same as Swift Backup.

Ah too bad. I didn't manage to fix it by deleting all v4a files because the V4A driver is kinda pre-installed in the ROM. So this would require modifying multiple system driver files.

So let's try the same procedure with Titanium Backup. So again, I created an app + data backup.

First install Titanium Backup from the play store. Open the app and allow the permissions + root access. Download the 3 backup files from here: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1FVQx9QX3u-_GbAmTUucRRCUZPDW0oW-C
Paste the files in /storage/emulated/0/TitaniumBackup/. Now restore app + data from TB. Hope this will do, because I've not tried it using TB. But I suppose the principle would be the same as Swift Backup.
I have TBU Pro.. Ill give this a go..

Cheers.

Edit: didn't work... Still has NO for all fields...

I'm all out of ideas.... Thanks for trying..

Last edited:

Nwannem1

Mar 21, 2015
Installation and Download

Important :

- This will void warranty.
- As of now you will lose Samsung Pay and Samsung Pass forever if you root once, even unrooting won't help. (hope in future we can get it working on tripped knox device)
- OTA won't work once you root device.

Installation :

Read ChangeLog post for Installation instructions (link on post #3)

PS : Who can handle consequences of dirty flashing, they never need to ask this question in forum. If you dirty install then handle it yourself .

Download : https://drketanrom.com/

Who can port this for the galaxy note 8 pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee

mcn1970

Sep 1, 2015
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
Something quite strange for me happened after flashing SB4 over SB3.
All biometrics disappeared.
No pin required after reboot. A simple swipe unlocks the pbone.
And a popup appears

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20211029-103342_Nova7.jpg
    SmartSelect_20211029-103342_Nova7.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 26

dr.ketan

Something quite strange for me happened after flashing SB4 over SB3.
All biometrics disappeared.
No pin required after reboot. A simple swipe unlocks the pbone.
And a popup appears
As said in OP, if you are unable to handle consequences of dirty flashing simply clean install.

Reactions: mcn1970

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Changelog S01 (OneUI 4.0 Stable)

• Based on G998BXXU3BUK8 Android12 Nov 2021 security patch OneUI 4.0
    • SafetyNet : Included in ROM Tool - Read below ROM setting up Instruction.
    • Dolby Digital plus : Single click Installation (ROM Tool)
    • Quick Star Goodlock module (ROM Tool - Statusbar icons - Hide icons & Clock ettings)
    • Magik updated - Read Important Instruction below for more details
    • All features of previous ROM will remain as it is except said above. For more details read below ROM features.
    Important Instructions for setting up ROM (NEW)

- In case clean installing ROM
    • on first boot, open magisk and complete additional setings if asked for. (Don't setup any option in magisk)
    • Then open ROM Tool, Apply essential fix and Reboot, don't apply any other changes before reboot
    • Again Open ROM Tool - Mods & Misc Fix - Apply SafetyNet Fix - Reboot. Here same time you can apply other change from ROM Tool if requires (like statusbar option, other mods etc)
    • After reboot you can check SafetyNet and should be passed. You can use this app from playstore or This from Github to check SafetyNet
    • Now you can further setup ROM a per your liking. Also MagikHide is Configure Denylist now and available under Magisk Settings.
    - In case dirty install (NOT RECOMMENDED)
    • Before installing ROM, uninstall Magisk manager from app drawer
    • After ROM installation, manually install magisk apk (One available in donload area)
    • Then Follow above instruction for clean installation
    PS : Plz don't install any other mods for SafetyNet, All queries related to Magisk/SafetyNet will be ignored if already explained above

IMPORTANT NOTES :
    • This i first stable version of OneUI 4.0 So it is highly recommended to once flash full stock OneUI 4.0 ROM if available for your region, If not full ROM at least it is better to flash Home_CSC*.tar.md5 from your regional firmware from OneUI 4.0
    • New base have updated bootloader so if you are running previous base, you must needs to update Bootloader & Modem else device won't boot. BL and Modem included in ROM zip with separate instructions.
    • Clean Install is recommended always.

TweaksPro version requires 2.0.1 or up

ROM Features (XDA Version)

- Ad Free QS Panel Toggle
    - Reboot to recovery QS Panel Toggle
    - Native call recorder (Manual) While you are on call - click 3 dot - Record (Should work without CSC restriction)
    - Auto Call recorder without CSC restriction (ROM Tool - Mods & Fix)
    - Removed many stubs & common bloatwares (tried to preserve most functions though)
    - Removed carrier bloatwares
    - More secure OEM patch.
    - High Volume warning disabled
    - Pre fixed Titanium freezing while restoring apps
    - Probable fix for Titanium Backup schedule
    - Internet browser Secret mode
    - S Health patch for using with rooted device.
    - ROM Tool with following Options
    • Long Press Home customization : Select Device assistance as LP Home from settings, then select if you want to use it to assign to any
    • AdFree mode Enable/Disable
    • Single click install/uninstall custom fonts (on the fly)
    • YouTube Vanced Installer (No xposed requires)
      1. NonRoot - Requires MicroG to login
      2. Root - Truely alternate to Youtube, Can login to youtube without MicroG
    • You have to click on NonRoot/Root depending on your choice, then you needs to click "Install" tab and latest version of Youtube vanced will get installed.
    • StatusBar Icons
      1. Show/Hide stock battery
      2. Show/Hide 3minit battery
      3. show/hide stock clock
      4. show/hide 3minit clock
    • ROM Control - See below
    • Mods & Fix
      1. Auto Call Record
      2. Titanium backup FC fix
      3. Google Pay Fix
      4. Added camera fix (Certain users reported camera failed issue. This is reported on stock too, here is someworkaroung meanwhile samsung fix it)
      5. SafetyNet Fix
      6. Remove warning screen on bootsplash.
      7. Camera wakelock fix (stanby bettry drain fix)
    • Intall Dolby Atom sound mode
    • Update & Fix
    - ROM Control (systemUI preferences)
    • Battery Bar with thickness and color option
    • Network meter with Toggle (Lt/Rt/Quick Panel/None) with color option
    PS : There may be few more options in ROM control but won't work if those are not mentioned here.

Installation Guide : (File included in ROM zip itself)
    Requirement : G998B with TWRP installed
    Download and extract zip - It have all required files. Read Installation.txt and follow to ther letter.

Known Bug/Tips/Fix

- 3 minit users can use 3minit battery paid version for free. Check this (Thanks to gharrington )
    - TWRP Backup/Restore
    - Magisk Module Repo - Read This

Download : DrKetanROM.com

PS : This is a fully customized ROM and for end users only, ROM or any part of ROM not allowed to redistribute,modify or to use as base to prepare new ROM.

Here some my thoughts and explanation about TWRP backup and restore

Firstly brief explanation about what does partition contains.
    • Boot : It is Kernel
    • Recovery : It is Recovery
    • super : That contains odm,product,system and vendor partitoin all togather.
    • optics : CSC files (where we routinely making changes for csc features) and network settings depending on your carrier
    • prism : carrier related apps and other stuff . In odin when you flash CSC*_ or Home_CSC* these two optics and prism gets flashed.
    • data : That is all your installed app and made changes in settings

Now what to backup/restore?
    • boot - Helps if something messed up with magisk or waht to restore kernel after flashing custom.
    • recovery - usually it doesn't require but if you flash some other recovery(TWRP) and you want to restore one in backup, that helps
    • super : As stated above these is main system, if something you have messed up in system/vendor (usually with flashing something, or erasing something) you can restore by super.img.
    • optics and prism : as explained above are CSC files, Rather than restoring it, I prefer to flash HOME_CSC*.tar.md5 to make csc compartment clean. So to backup or not not much important.
    • data : This very sensible part. I prefer to make data backup when there is no samsung a/c or Lockscreen protection there. Also don't restore it cross version of ROM. Also some common mistakes user making is, He/She clen install ROM and then restore data partiton of previous ROM. This is worst then even dirty installing ROM, never do it. It is just false sense of satisfaction that you made a clean install. According me, data partiton backup best to be made just after complete clean install ROM and setting up device without adding any account and lockscreen protection. So when you restore this backup, you will have a device just like you recently completed clean install and save your time to setup initial wizard
    Backup Application,Call logs,Contacts,SMS etc

Titanium backup was ruling for decade for these but since A11 it's not trust worthy and on A12 almost useless.
    Swift Backup is now my choice (Some other like Migrate, App dash (by RD XDA dev flar2) also alternatives)
    For contacts : I do prefer google sync. Just adding google ac everything will be restore on it's own, provided you are saving contacts in google. In case you want to make off line backup of contact, there is a built in utility in phone. Contact - settings - export - This will create a file. Similarly browse same file while you want to import contacts. Catch in this is your contact image will not retain size and it just backup thumbnail picture.
    Only one utilility I have found that makes offline contact backup without distoring image quality is My Phone Explore client (needs on both PC and Phone). Also this utility is best for wireless file manager.

Schheduled backup - A must needed utility.

I always prefer clean installation (Factory reset withot wiping media files) and really it takes less than 30 minutes to setup everything.
    If you enable schedule backup utility in your Backup app (e.g Swift backup have this) and make some profile like
    1.Backup - new app at X time then it will auto backup all app that you have new installed at given time
    2.Backup updated app at x time - This will make backup of any app that you have updated in store will backup at given time
    3.Any app which get data changes frequently and you needs data changes like whatsapp then create a profile favorite app - add whatsapp in favorite and schedule it to make backup daily at given time.

with these your device always remain ready to clean install anytime instead of last moment backup or some urgent clean install needed.

Also Folder Sync is good utility if you needs duplicate copy of files from Internal storage with scheduled operation.

Hope this may helpful and answer lots of queries for many.
    ChangeLog SB5 (OneUI 4.0 base)

• Based on G998BXXU3ZUK1 (Official Beta4) Android12 Nov 2021 security patch OneUI 4.0
    • SafetyNet : Included in ROM Tool - Read below ROM setting up Instruction.
    • Dolby Atom : Single click Installation (ROM Tool)
    • Quick Star Goodlock module (ROM Tool - Statusbar icons - Hide icons & Clock ettings)
    • Magik updated - Read Important Instruction below for more details
    • All features of previous ROM will remain as it is except said above. For more details read below ROM features.
    Important Instructions for setting up ROM (NEW)

On latest beta 4 Magisk stable no more working. So included unofficial version. Though all the features of magik hide will remain as it is, you just needs to follow instructions. ROM Tool will take care of everything with below said instructions.

- In case clean installing ROM
    • on first boot, open magisk and complete additional setings if asked for. (Don't setup any option in magisk)
    • Then open ROM Tool, Apply essential fix and Reboot, don't apply any other changes before reboot
    • Again Open ROM Tool - Mods & Misc Fix - Apply SafetyNet Fix - Reboot. Here same time you can apply other change from ROM Tool if requires (like statusbar option, other mods etc)
    • After reboot you can check SafetyNet and should be passed. You can use this app from playstore or This from Github to check SafetyNet
    • Now you can further setup ROM a per your liking. Also MagikHide is Configure Denylist now and available under Magisk Settings.
    - In case dirty install (NOT RECOMMENDED)
    • Before installing ROM, uninstall Magisk manager from app drawer
    • After ROM installation, manually install magisk apk (One available in ROM zip itself)
    • Then Follow above instruction for clean installation
    PS : Plz don't install any other mods for SafetyNet, All queries related to Magisk/SafetyNet will be ignored if already explained above

IMPORTANT NOTES :
    • New base have updated bootloader so if you are running previous base, you must needs to update Bootloader & Modem else device won't boot. BL and Modem included in ROM zip with separate instructions.
    • There is special Instruction to flash A12 beta in ROM zip, Must read it

TweaksPro version requires 2.0.1 or up

ROM Features (XDA Version)

- Native call recorder (Manual) While you are on call - click 3 dot - Record (Should work without CSC restriction)
    - Removed many stubs & common bloatwares (tried to preserve most functions though)
    - More secure OEM patch.
    • Long Press Home customization : Select Device assistance as LP Home from settings, then select if you want to use it to assign to any
    • You have to click on NonRoot/Root depending on your choice, then you needs to click "Install" tab and latest version of Youtube vanced will get installed.
    • StatusBar Icons
      3. show/hide stock clock
    • Mods & Fix
      1. Auto Call Record
      3. Google Pay Fix
      4. Added camera fix (Certain users reported camera failed issue. This is reported on stock too, here is someworkaroung meanwhile samsung fix it)
      5. SafetyNet Fix
    • Intall Dolby Atom sound mode
    • Update & Fix
    PS : There may be few more options in ROM control but won't work if those are not mentioned here.

Download and extract zip - It have all required files. Read Installation.txt and follow to ther letter.

Known Bug/Tips/Fix

- 3 minit users can use 3minit battery paid version for free. Check this (Thanks to gharrington )
    - TWRP Backup/Restore

PS : This is a fully customized ROM and for end users only, ROM or any part of ROM not allowed to redistribute,modify or to use as base to prepare new ROM.

Testing SB5 (based on Official Beta4) now. It seems Beta 4 is most fluid and almost close to stable release.

Though Samsung continuing to messup root and modification with every new beta, anyway as of now all seems good.

Screenshot_20211104-164406_Settings.jpg
    Update: So im still unable to find a solution to Viper on Magisk V23...

I only used Viper for the volume gain, and i stumbled across an app called WAVELET, dev is the same guy that has input into Viper.... Gain is great and meets my needs.

Free version has Graphic Equalizer, Limiter and channel balance.. Paid version has a few extras...
    I am planning to add Dolby Atom in next version ROM Tool single click install (indeed it's ready) . That have too much gain with "Game" profile even more than viper. But as of now stuck with something that messed in latest beta. Anyway trying lots of things to fix. Let's see.
    G998B Dr.Ketan ROM

ROM Features

ROM Features varies with version of ROM. For more details, read changelog post. Link available in post #3 for changelog of all versions.
    Must read changelog for a version you are going to install, it will have latest information about features, changes, known bug list/fix and Installation guide of respective version.

Credit and Thanks :

Chainfire - Respected elite developer for supersu and his unbelievable contribution to XDA/Android community. @wanam - Respected elite developer for his awesome contribution and references to his works.

@topjohnwu for Magisk

@xperiacle the amazing developer for reference to his work and tools. @amarullz for aroma installer. @gharrington for 3minit battery and QuickLaunch.

ROM Control source and all credit and thanks goes to @daxgirl and @Wuby986 for their open source project for RomControl.

@AbrahamGC for some ideas samsungvn htcmania & 4PDA for tips and some stock apks. afaneh92 for TWRP @Arteush for bluetooth fix (losing BT pair on reboot) on Android Q, aka_vkl for Dolby digital, kdrag0n for SafetyNet fix​

@Winb33 for custom font pack​

XDA devDB Information

G998B I Dr.Ketan ROM , ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra

Contributors

Dr.Ketan
    ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Stock
    ROM Firmware Required: Stock Samsung

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2021-03-15
    Installation and Download & Notes

Important :

- This will void warranty.
    - As of now you will lose Samsung Pay and Samsung Pass forever if you root once, even unrooting won't help. (hope in future we can get it working on tripped knox device)
    - OTA won't work once you root device.
    - ROM Tool permission : Files & media - To save and read files, Calendar - Tool needs some time monitoring to avoid using RT immediately after reboot. Special access for accessibility service - Since Android 12 it requires for QS panel custom Toggl e.g. Reboot to recovery

Installation :

Read ChangeLog post for Installation instructions (link on post #3)

PS : Who can handle consequences of dirty flashing, they never need to ask this question in forum. If you dirty install then handle it yourself .

Download : https://drketanrom.com/

Guys
    Quite busy with life, just y'day started N10 re base so first needs to complete it. Later (when time permits) will start workings on beta2. Kindly keep patience. Thanks all.
    ChangeLog SB3 (OneUI 4.0 base)

• Based on G998BXXU3ZUJ1 (Official Beta2) Android12 Oct 2021 security patch OneUI 4.0
    • SafetyNet : SafetyNet fix again Pre-fixed, You just requires to apply Essential Fix from ROM Tool and reboot device. Also make sure Magisk Hide is enabled in case safetynet fails. DON'T install every f* patch including Hide.Props, Nothing is required other than said above. I am not going to entertain any question regarding safetynet, simply follow what did said, that's it.
    • GoodLock some modules yet to update for A12
    • Virtual key mode in ROM control won't work
    Samsung base update ChangeLog :

IMPORTANT NOTES :
    • There is special Instruction to flash A12 beta in ROM zip, Must read it

TweaksPro version requires 2.0.0 or up

ROM Features

- More secure OEM patch.
    • StatusBar Icons
      3. show/hide stock clock
    • Mods & Fix
      1. Auto Call Record
      3. Google Pay Fix
      5. SafetyNet Fix
    • Update & Fix

Known Bug/Tips/Fix

-