Development [CLOSED] [21.08.23] G998B I Dr.Ketan ROM I OneUI 5.1 I OneUI 4.1 I OneUI 3.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

yojavi86

Oct 21, 2021
Greetings from Argentina. I wanted to tell you that I have been testing your ROM for a day and it is something wonderful. I have three questions to ask you.
When an update comes out, do you have to repeat the entire installation process from scratch or is there an easier way?
I'm having a lot of trouble with fingerprint unlocking. I can hardly use it. Is it normal?
And I wanted to know if there is any list of applications to delete without affecting the system. Beyond those that are already erased with the ROM.
Thank you so much for everything. I kept it up.

dr.ketan

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Greetings from Argentina. I wanted to tell you that I have been testing your ROM for a day and it is something wonderful. I have three questions to ask you.
1.When an update comes out, do you have to repeat the entire installation process from scratch or is there an easier way?
2.I'm having a lot of trouble with fingerprint unlocking. I can hardly use it. Is it normal?
3.And I wanted to know if there is any list of applications to delete without affecting the system. Beyond those that are already erased with the ROM.
Thank you so much for everything. I kept it up.
1.Yes, you have to go through same process. There is no OTA like in stock ROM.
2.Remove existing and readd again, add multiple fingerprints, no issue here.
3.ROM already have removed many apps that can either be download from store or can be safely removed. There is nothing like universal debloating script, for me one is bloatware, may be a must app for someone else.
It's been off topic here but many topics you may find on XDA, go through it and deal with it yourself.

amakuramio

Nov 28, 2013
I wanted to try OneUI 4, I had BeyondRom G998BXXU3AUIE, and upgraded without losing my apps and data (however, in TWRP I accidentally erased my SD while trying to clean up old files...)

This should work for anyone who wants to dirty flash

1. copy prism, super, optics while fully booted (copying super from inside twrp didn't work)
2. in Odin 3.14, insert BL, AP, and in USERDATA insert TWRP zip from Ketan
3. after flashing immediately boot to twrp by holding power and vol+ while cable connected to pc
4. in twrp image flash mode, flash prism in prism, optics in optics, super in super partition
5. reboot to recovery
6. flash the Ketan Android 12 beta zip, personally I did flash kernel

extra: if you have a lot of files from wechat, qq etc rename android folder in internal storage to anything and then rename them back when done

greetings from Dia

babyboy3265

Sep 20, 2012
Jupiter
@babyboy3265 How did you fix this, ive got the same issue..

If i go into Magisk, the ViperFX module isnt listed..
Well I have purchased the ROM TWEAKS PRO a long time ago. The Dr. reminded me that inside there, there is an option to install Viper4A automatically. So I pressed it and everything happened without any extra efforts from my side..

Bear in mind that I am still on A11, don't know if that applies to A12 yet.

Well I have purchased the ROM TWEAKS PRO a long time ago. The Dr. reminded me that inside there, there is an option to install Viper4A automatically. So I pressed it and everything happened without any extra efforts from my side..

Bear in mind that I am still on A11, don't know if that applies to A12 yet.
Okay thanks....
I dont have any Viper Modules installed when I check, but I get this error...
Really have no idea what's going on...

I can install the Viper APK manually but get NO everywhere...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211028-185900.jpg
    Screenshot_20211028-185900.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 23

TrevorAshley

Dec 29, 2013
Paarl, Cape Town
Anybody experiencing problems with Samsung Photo Editor? Keeps crashing after editing one or two photos. Very annoying.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211027-205400_Photo Editor.png
    Screenshot_20211027-205400_Photo Editor.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 20

yojavi86

Oct 21, 2021
Help !!! After the last message I tried to delete some apps and it started a reboot cycle without stopping. try wipe and then hard reset. It didn't work. Then reinstall the Rom with Odin and neither. Ua for this I did not enter recovery mode. Then try to install an original factory Rom and it remains the same. this pops up. what I do???

Attachments

• 20211028_094600.jpg
    20211028_094600.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 41
  • 20211028_094645.jpg
    20211028_094645.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 38

dr.ketan

Help !!! After the last message I tried to delete some apps and it started a reboot cycle without stopping. try wipe and then hard reset. It didn't work. Then reinstall the Rom with Odin and neither. Ua for this I did not enter recovery mode. Then try to install an original factory Rom and it remains the same. this pops up. what I do???
You might knowing, you needs to connect to PC to reboot to recovery
Also make sure you are flashing latest factory base (Odin may fail if your existing system is higher than you are flashing)

nicolahinssen

Nov 1, 2016
Utrecht
Already have Doc, same result...
I have had the exact same problem that you're describing. Nothing seemed to work. But eventually I managed to fix it.

On my old phone I created a backup of the V4A app + data using Swift Backup. Then I restored it to my S21U. Immediately V4A started to function perfectly. Even the driver was recognized without needing to reboot.

I don't know whether this solution would be applicable to you or not, because you need a second phone with functional V4A. Otherwise I could send you the backupped app + data if you'd like?

Reactions: Srbija2012

mrlove6

@dr.ketan please dr. I need ur help urgently. Had battery drain on dirty SB4, so I did wipe data, install the rom once again ( without super.img this time ) done everything but I found that all my files are vanished. In twrp file manager all are still there !! From magisk I can't download any modules, on whatsapp also can't download any pic or video I receive.

dr.ketan

Opening S Health leads to soft reboot
It's fixed on SB4
@dr.ketan please dr. I need ur help urgently. Had battery drain on dirty SB4, so I did wipe data, install the rom once again ( without super.img this time ) done everything but I found that all my files are vanished. In twrp file manager all are still there !! From magisk I can't download any modules, on whatsapp also can't download any pic or video I receive.
It seems your data partition messed up. If you have flashed R* version of rom with factory reset this can happen too. (instalation guide of R* roms explained it)
Anyway format data (full wipe) will fix issue

bmonteiro

May 8, 2015
It's fixed on SB4

It seems your data partition messed up. If you have flashed R* version of rom with factory reset this can happen too. (instalation guide of R* roms explained it)
Anyway format data (full wipe) will fix issue

I'm not sure if it's related to the fix, but I can't link my Samsung Account on S-Health.

Even selecting the account it does not work.

Screenshot_20211028-173804_Android System.jpg

nicolahinssen

Nov 1, 2016
Utrecht
That would be awesome dude, ill send you my email address.. :)
Okay first you have to download Swift Backup from the Play store. Open the app and allow the required permissions and root access. Then download the 3 files from my Drive: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1EvlKgDiCLE31nqRU1dK1q52sK62AL412

Then copy the files to /storage/emulated/0/SwiftBackup/accounts/HEX_FOLDER/backups/apps/local

When you open the app now you should be able to restore the app + data. Let me know if it worked!

Okay first you have to download Swift Backup from the Play store. Open the app and allow the required permissions and root access. Then download the 3 files from my Drive: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1EvlKgDiCLE31nqRU1dK1q52sK62AL412

Then copy the files to /storage/emulated/0/SwiftBackup/accounts/HEX_FOLDER/backups/apps/local

When you open the app now you should be able to restore the app + data. Let me know if it worked!
I can't use Swift backup... I used a modded APK 0nce and now I can never log in again.. thanks anyway for your help..

Is there another way, like uninstalling ViperFX, and deleting all files located on the phone? Then clean reinstall .?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    G998B Dr.Ketan ROM

Supported device : G998B

We do support usually 2-3 years since device launched, but yet no guarantee, We may drop support for any device / any variant/s anytime without any prior notice.

ROM Features

ROM Features varies with version of ROM. For more details, read changelog post. Link available in post #3 for changelog of all versions.
    Must read changelog for a version you are going to install, it will have latest information about features, changes, known bug list/fix and Installation guide of respective version.

Credit and Thanks :
    @Chainfire - Respected elite developer for supersu and his unbelievable contribution to XDA/Android community. @wanam - Respected elite developer for his awesome contribution and references to his works.
    @topjohnwu for Magisk
    @xperiacle the amazing developer for reference to his work and tools. @amarullz for aroma installer. @gharrington for 3minit battery and QuickLaunch.
    ROM Control source and all credit and thanks goes to @daxgirl and @Wuby986 for their open source project for RomControl.
    @AbrahamGC for some ideas samsungvn htcmania & 4PDA for tips and some stock apks.
    AbrahamGC and Anan1211 for Secure folder and s-health A12 ianmacd for TWRP @afaneh92 for TWRP, system/vendor rw scripts and modules. @Arteush for bluetooth fix (losing BT pair on reboot) on Android Q, aka_vkl for Dolby digital, kdrag0n for SafetyNet fix @Winb33 for custom font pack

XDA devDB Information

G998B I Dr.Ketan ROM , ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra

Contributors

Dr.Ketan
    ROM OS Version: Android 13
    ROM Kernel: Stock (pre-rooted). Source code (samsung) here
    ROM Firmware Required: Stock Samsung

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2021-03-15
    Installation and Download & Notes

Important :

- This will void warranty.
    - As of now you will lose Samsung Pay and Samsung Pass forever if you root once, even unrooting won't help. (hope in future we can get it working on tripped knox device)
    - OTA won't work once you root device.
    - ROM Tool permission : Files & media - To save and read files, Calendar - Tool needs some time monitoring to avoid using RT immediately after reboot. Special access for accessibility service - Since Android 12 it requires for QS panel custom Toggl e.g. Reboot to recovery

Installation :

Read ChangeLog post for Installation instructions (link on post #3)

PS : Who can handle consequences of dirty flashing, they never need to ask this question in forum. If you dirty install then handle it yourself .

Download : Link removed as project hold off. It will be live if we decide to re-open thread. Thank you for support.

Guys
    Quite busy with life, just y'day started N10 re base so first needs to complete it. Later (when time permits) will start workings on beta2. Kindly keep patience. Thanks all.
    Here some my thoughts and explanation about TWRP backup and restore

Firstly brief explanation about what does partition contains.
    • Boot : It is Kernel
    • Recovery : It is Recovery
    • super : That contains odm,product,system and vendor partitoin all togather.
    • optics : CSC files (where we routinely making changes for csc features) and network settings depending on your carrier
    • prism : carrier related apps and other stuff . In odin when you flash CSC*_ or Home_CSC* these two optics and prism gets flashed.
    • data : That is all your installed app and made changes in settings

Now what to backup/restore?
    • boot - Helps if something messed up with magisk or waht to restore kernel after flashing custom.
    • recovery - usually it doesn't require but if you flash some other recovery(TWRP) and you want to restore one in backup, that helps
    • super : As stated above these is main system, if something you have messed up in system/vendor (usually with flashing something, or erasing something) you can restore by super.img.
    • optics and prism : as explained above are CSC files, Rather than restoring it, I prefer to flash HOME_CSC*.tar.md5 to make csc compartment clean. So to backup or not not much important.
    • data : This very sensible part. I prefer to make data backup when there is no samsung a/c or Lockscreen protection there. Also don't restore it cross version of ROM. Also some common mistakes user making is, He/She clen install ROM and then restore data partiton of previous ROM. This is worst then even dirty installing ROM, never do it. It is just false sense of satisfaction that you made a clean install. According me, data partiton backup best to be made just after complete clean install ROM and setting up device without adding any account and lockscreen protection. So when you restore this backup, you will have a device just like you recently completed clean install and save your time to setup initial wizard
    Backup Application,Call logs,Contacts,SMS etc

Titanium backup was ruling for decade for these but since A11 it's not trust worthy and on A12 almost useless.
    Swift Backup is now my choice (Some other like Migrate, App dash (by RD XDA dev flar2) also alternatives)
    For contacts : I do prefer google sync. Just adding google ac everything will be restore on it's own, provided you are saving contacts in google. In case you want to make off line backup of contact, there is a built in utility in phone. Contact - settings - export - This will create a file. Similarly browse same file while you want to import contacts. Catch in this is your contact image will not retain size and it just backup thumbnail picture.
    Only one utilility I have found that makes offline contact backup without distoring image quality is My Phone Explore client (needs on both PC and Phone). Also this utility is best for wireless file manager.

Schheduled backup - A must needed utility.

I always prefer clean installation (Factory reset withot wiping media files) and really it takes less than 30 minutes to setup everything.
    If you enable schedule backup utility in your Backup app (e.g Swift backup have this) and make some profile like
    1.Backup - new app at X time then it will auto backup all app that you have new installed at given time
    2.Backup updated app at x time - This will make backup of any app that you have updated in store will backup at given time
    3.Any app which get data changes frequently and you needs data changes like whatsapp then create a profile favorite app - add whatsapp in favorite and schedule it to make backup daily at given time.

with these your device always remain ready to clean install anytime instead of last moment backup or some urgent clean install needed.

Also Folder Sync is good utility if you needs duplicate copy of files from Internal storage with scheduled operation.

Hope this may helpful and answer lots of queries for many.