• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[29nd Oct] osKitchen Kaiser (fe~ROM kitchen) - easy kitchen with GUI [ver 1.4.test8!]

Search This thread

OndraSter

Retired Recognized Developer
Mar 27, 2009
Prague
TEST version 1.4 goes public
1.4.test8http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=4836277&postcount=997 - new style SYS tree + COMPLETE 23081 0409 ALL-DPI ALL-RES package! - DELETE msvcr71.dll IN TOOLS FOLDER!
1.4.test7 - only few bugfixes, somewhere lost around pages 95 - 100?
1.4.test6 - Fixed all not-working devices. UPDATE TO .test5 AND IMPLANTXIP FIRST!
1.4.test5 - OVERWRITE YOUR TOOLS FOLDER! + implantxip from this post, otherwise XIP won't implement and ROM woudln't boot!! SELECT DEVICE ONLY KAISER, ALL OTHER WILL CRASH!!
1.4.test4 - OVERWRITE YOUR TOOLS FOLDER!
1.4.test3
1.4.test2
1.4.test (always crashes, don't use it for cooking!)

osKitchen (aka fe~ROM kitchen)
Hello ladies,
I’m too lazy to do many things manually so I build a new kitchen for us. I must thank to TPC for using his .bat (hardcoded into kitchen) and ervius for idea.

It is much simplier than Erviuse’s kitchen. I use external tools from TPC’s kitchen so if crashes any of these tools, it’s not my fault:D, I just cooked with it and flashed and it works fine if you don’t create crash fault manually. I’ve been writing this first release few hours and it has about 1000 lines of code lol.

Save & Load works as expected, saves everything (you shouldn't modify saved file by yourself).

If you don't know what something does in "More tweaks" menu, just don't touch it and leave it as was default!

What you need: patience and .NET Framework 3.5.
1250194534-clip-179kb.png

Download:
Kitchen with 23009 SYS&XIP and TPC's EXT, ver 1.0.3b My Server [CZE] | 4Shared
Kitchen without SYS XIP EXT and OEM, but with all tools My Server [CZE] | 4Shared

Current updates:
I usually do updates WITH Tools and Kitchen folders to ensure you have it complete so update it too!

1.0.3b -> 1.0.8 My Server [CZE] | 4Shared
1.0.8 -> 1.0.9 My Server [CZE] - Only new .exe, make sure you have updated to 1.0.8 first!

!! THERE WILL BE NO MORE UPDATES TO 1.0.x VERSION, I'M NOW FOCUSING ON 1.4 FINAL!!

SYS&XIP updates:
23016 WWE (0409) - SYS&XIP
23028 WWE (0409) - SYS&XIP - not 100% done, but pretty usable
23034 WWE (0409) - SYS&XIP - nice new UI changes (Start moved down etc), FAST, smooth

All SYS&XIP updates unpack into Sources folder

OLD updates: only for history purpose
4Shared | my server [CZE]
Kitchen with 23009 SYS&XIP: 4Shared | my server [CZE]

Updates (rollup, so you just only download latest .exe and overwrite the old one):
1.0.1 4Shared
1.0.2 My Server testing build
1.0.3 4Shared also testing build
1.0.4 4Shared
1.0.5 4Shared | My Server [CZE]
1.0.6 4Shared | My Server [CZE]
1.0.7 My Server [CZE]

Last edited:

OndraSter

Mar 27, 2009
Prague
WORKS ONLY ON 1.0.x RELEASES ONLY AND 1.4.test TILL 1.4.test8! Watch 1.4.test8 version post for details about NEW tree structure.

Tree structure:

I wanted to have main kitchen root as clean as possible so I moved all things to Source directory.

- In Source directory, there is few folders. The ones starting with _ you don’t have to pay attention on them, or better, don’t touch them at all unless you know what you are doing!

- In folder EXT are four folders: Apps, Fixes, Settings and SYSpkgs. What’s the difference between them? Actually none. In all of them you put EXT packages as you’re used from TPC’s kitchen (app.dat, app.reg and files folder). The only difference is that they show themselves in different tabs in kitchen so you don’t mess different settings with applications etc.

- In folder MSXIPKernel always create numbered folder with XIP version, like 23009 and copy all folders and files from MSXIPKernel you get (busenum.dll etc).

- Into OEM you put your OEM folder with folders like OEM_Drivers

- ROM folder you don’t have to touch on it unless you know what you’re doing – it’s already preset by TPC’s kitchen.

- And into SYS you put, just like in MSXIPKernel folder, numbered folder with build # and inside you place all SYS packages (Base, ConfettiCore, etc)

In the main root are also folders Projects that you can save your projects into, Tools which contains all tools needed to cook so don’t touch it too. Folder „build“ should remove itself after finished cooking. If it doesn’t (like crash etc) you can delete it manually. In FLASH folder (that creates only after cooking) should be only CustomKaisRUU.exe and RUU_Signed.nbh, or you can delete it too – RUU is copied from Source directory and NBH is cooked.
There also might be some other folders, "working" directory is for extracting NBH file (you can delete it if is not kitchen running) or Kitchen folder (new since 1.0.7) - it contains support things to kitchen like tutorials, icons and other material. You shouldn't touch it too.

Examples:
EXT apps directory:
1248530674-clip-16kb.png

MSXIPKernel:
1248530722-clip-19kb.png

OEM folder:
1248530751-clip-20kb.png

SYS folder:
1248530785-clip-26kb.png

Last edited:

OndraSter

Mar 27, 2009
Prague
Questions & Answers:

Q: What’s the difference in Device between Kaiser and Tilt?
A: When selected Tilt, keyboard patch is automatically added.

Q: LZX or XPR?
A: LZX saves space, but takes longer to build.

Q: UPX on EXT?
A: Saves space by compressing all EXE files in EXT directory with UPX compression.

Q: SuperRAM?
A: Only switches between nk.exe’s with 79M/85M/101M (and automatically adds MEMFIX).

TIP: You don’t have to manually change always in OEM\OEMVERSION that one .provxml, if you fill it in kitchen it gets created automatically.

Last edited:

OndraSter

Mar 27, 2009
Prague
Changelog

Kitchen 1.4.test2
- Added X button to selecting splash and welcomehead to clean it
- Added option to cook-in radio
- Now you can change cook button name to anything you want in Kitchen\settings.dat (if it doesn't exist, it is created)
- Dropped autoupdate function (I wasn't generating it for download anyway)
- Fixed that public release didn't had Tools update (I'm not allowed yet to publish it) so it crashed when copying Tools
- Now when copying files application doesn't look frozen, you can even select and copy text in cooking log

Kitchen 1.4.test
- Instead of opening windows, everything goes to logs
- No windows will open when cooking (except HTC Rom Tool and XVI since they're not console-only)
- Added new tab with cooking log
- Many more minor changes
- first preparations for more devices support

Kitchen 1.0.9 - last one before new minor build
- Now able to cook for different LOCALEs than 0409 (make sure you swap all folders with your LOCALE ones)
- Platformrebuilder does output to log.txt file in root of the kitchen, but still has opened black window, just ignore it
- Some anticrash fixes
- Etc...

Kitchen 1.0.8
- Added option (into More Tweaks menu) to insert welcomehead and splash images
- Fixed sometimes failing to copy htcrtproj file, or any other file into FLASH folder

Kitchen 1.0.7
- Added new feature - Tutorials section. Who has any tips what I should write about, write me PM or here to this thread.
- I've written few FAQs I've seen around
- Also disabled DEBUG mode in extracting nbh
- Added update option to update kitchen itself from internet

Kitchen 1.0.6
- Fixed after extracting RUU_Signed deleting "working" directory
- Now you must first close all menu's till able to do anything in main window (just for causion)
- Fixed "relly" to "really" when closing main window (exitting program) by ESC key

Kitchen 1.0.5
- Now you can convert complete OEM folder from different QVGA device (like HTC MEGA) to your EXT by one click, converts all PACKAGE* folders
- I forgot to update version, sorry for that

Kitchen 1.0.4
- Now you can export RUU_Signed.nbh into OEM, SYS and ROM folders - it doesn't work with cooked NBH's, only shipped ones

Kitchen 1.0.3b
- Only graphical changes, fixed last ESC/Enter keys action
- When clicked Quit, you must confirm it

Kitchen 1.0.3 - test build
- Improved stability when trying to overwrite files/folders that already exists
- Added scrollbars to selecting tabs (they we're out of display)
- Fixed crashing when OS.nb building has failed
- Added "Convert SYS to SYSpkg" for easy removing (I like having few SYS folders converted to EXT so I can easily find them)
- Removed unescessary buttons from dialogs
- Disabled resization, add ESC key actions in menus
- When upgrading, update Tools folder with enclosed recmod!

Kitchen 1.0.2 - test build
- Some fixes
- Added new "Convert OEM to EXT and place it" feature

Kitchen 1.0.1
- Added advanced tweaks (AKU, IdentName & IdentDesc, Calibration Data, Enable/disable welcome screen, Hide "Beam", ...)
- Changed COOK button
- Fixed "XDA Thread" link in About menu

Last edited:

OndraSter

Mar 27, 2009
Prague
Requests awaiting to be done: (my TODO)
- Could add the option to view files in the folders duplicates kitchen before you start the process of cooking the rom? To correct any error overwriting files before the cooking process.
- Add tab for adding easy registry stuff
- "When disabled Base package, disable DPI etc folders too" - done in latest .test8 version
- Extendir integration support
- Change a bit "Disable Customer Feedback" function detail

Donators:
Twopumpchump - $20
Witschey - $20
af974 - $20
aaraya1516 - $5
luiggi - $10
wbrown5 - $20
swiss240 - $10

Thank you all, every dollar counts!

Last edited:

ai6908

Nov 13, 2006
Land of Lincoln
Looks like its inbetween ervius and bepe kitchen. Will give it a whirl. Thanks bud.

Edit...

Runs ok, I tried to change EXT folders name, and it didnt like it. I prefer to have my own folder names, so that I know what I have in them!

In vista, it keeps poping up should kitchen run imgfs files! It doesnt do that in ervius for joshs kitchen in vista. So I am thinking there is a security thing maybe!?

All in all, good work, I always love GUI stuff!:D

Last edited:

OndraSter

Mar 27, 2009
Prague
**** ME will be added as Option.:D (and more things I will add like AKU and such).

This kitchen doesn't want to be like Erviuse's one - I want to make this directly for Kaiser and integrate different predefined tweaks etc. Only get them together will take some time:D.

msd24200

Jun 14, 2008
KY
nice work brother, will download and try it out, i did bookmark this thread so i hope that you will keep interest with this and keep it up to date (as needed) ;)

OndraSter

Mar 27, 2009
Prague
I've been working on some new features and I thought "Hey, I might integrate few tweaks I use":D.

What about this? More comming.

1248558296-clip-99kb.png

Also I was thinking of easy "buttons" changer (hold voice button/press voice button etc).

PS: I know that it doesn't support resizing/maximizing window, I will disable both of it:D.

PPS: **** ME! no more, back to COOK IT:(

msd24200

Jun 14, 2008
KY
I've been working on some new features and I thought "Hey, I might integrate few tweaks I use":D.

What about this? More comming.

Also I was thinking of easy "buttons" changer (hold voice button/press voice button etc).

PS: I know that it doesn't support resizing/maximizing window, I will disable both of it:D.

PPS: **** ME! no more, back to COOK IT:(

lol i just got the old one downloaded, but VERY nice brother

OndraSter

Mar 27, 2009
Prague
Latest tweaks update till I release it:
1248563212-clip-42kb.png

+ it asks after ROM build whether you want to run KaiserCustomRUU.exe and flash it immediatily:D.

I'll upload it in the morning with clear head, now I'm gonna go sleep. Gnight ladies:D.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You copy these .lnk files from \Windows (where are all files deployed) by adding line to app.dat:

Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\<your folder or nothing>"):-File("<target name>.lnk", "\Windows\<orig lnk-name>.lnk")

Or did I misunderstood you?