[2in1GUIDE][JB] Unlock Bootloader and FASTER Root L9 Method

Search This thread

wolfist

Jan 2, 2014
lg p769bk t-mobile

Hi guys, I have a lg-p769bk t-mobile and I´ve flashed back from v20h to v10g, then flash to v20b open europe using the .bin file, I got signal, connect to wifi, wait the 30 minuts while is connected to the computer, run the comands ¨adb devices and the rest xD¨ and get normal reboot :crying:. I´ve installed OMAH drivers previously in the right way but with not succes on unlocking bootloader.

Has anyone got success with p-769bk?, which KDZ and method was used? :rolleyes:

Thanks xD

blastoise91

Jan 12, 2014
I have problem with unlocking bootloader.

I finally success to instal FastBoot drivers exactly like in this tutorial and tutorial for new fastboot drivers http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=44578108&postcount=34

All is good when phone is turned off after waiting 4 sec and installing fastboo drivers. Drivers are active.
But when i turn on my phone then both OMAP drivers are greyed :/ And ofcourse then adb reboot oem-unlock just restart my phone :/ So annoying.

Here is a picture from devmgr:
JYQyZeM.png

Is someone have same problem like me? LG L9 P760

Sorry for bad english.

Last edited:

DaffyShuler

Jan 15, 2009
Trying to get P769 unlocked watched the vid, reflashed the v20b kdz when I figured I must have been too hasty, installed cwm installer apk rebooted installed radio.zip fix no network. Still got locked bl. Is P769 cursed? I definitely have the correct setup to do this however the phone itself is not unlocking. Any help appreciated. PLEASE!!!! SOMEBODY!!!!!

LaDY Vengeance

Aug 27, 2013
Philadelphia
I'm sure you're doing it right. LG don't want you to have fun with this phone. Ever see Gandalf from LOTR scream "You shall not pass!"? Welcome to xda hell.

Sent from my LG-P769 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

leolawliet

Aug 7, 2011
New York, NY
www.facebook.com
I'm sure you're doing it right. LG don't want you to have fun with this phone. Ever see Gandalf from LOTR scream "You shall not pass!"? Welcome to xda hell.

Sent from my LG-P769 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

It's been a while since I last checked here, did you manage to unlock yours yet?

Sent from my LG-E739 running AOKP JB using Tapatalk

Rendering

May 13, 2011
Code:
adb reboot oem-unlock
simply makes the P760 reboot, but I don't have any unlock screen...
Stock ROM build is JZO54K.
Does it mean that I cannot unlock the bootloader? The phone is Vodaphone "brandized"

Last edited:

Rep2G

Jun 2, 2014
So i have the p760 with v20 i and android 4.1.2 already rooted. Are th3re any extra steps i have to do or will it even work?

Ps: my goal is to install cm 10.2

lovebirdi

Oct 7, 2013
after "adb reboot oem-unlock" in cmd my phone always reboot directly in fastboot mode & i don't know bootloader is locked or unlocked:confused:.

Rendering

May 13, 2011
Code:
adb reboot oem-unlock
Does it mean that I cannot unlock the bootloader? The phone is Vodaphone "brandized"

dreamnewbie

Oct 30, 2009
Radom
dodomu.softether.net
Code:
adb reboot oem-unlock

same at my device. i recently got it back from LG Service, they reflashed my L9, bootloader is locked again.

i managed to flash v20B_OpenEU, but i cannot unlock BL - via 3845-Menu i can see BL Version LK MAY-2012..

reboot oem-unlock just makes usual reboot... every time. is there any way to check if "unlocking option is locked"?

Rendering

May 13, 2011
same at my device. i recently got it back from LG Service, they reflashed my L9, bootloader is locked again.

i managed to flash v20B_OpenEU, but i cannot unlock BL - via 3845-Menu i can see BL Version LK MAY-2012..

reboot oem-unlock just makes usual reboot... every time. is there any way to check if "unlocking option is locked"?

Code:
adb reboot oem-unlock

We need an answer, thank you.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WARNING

• USE INFORMATION AT YOU OWN RISK
    • There is no known perfect method to RELOCK the bootloader. So beware you will loose warranty of device. This warning is also shown while unlocking by LG.
    • This guide may have errors and may not work for some in various scenario. If you report them, I may try to correct them.
    • Read properly and DON'T SEND PM, I will simply ignore PM and laugh on you.
    Just sharing information. See now how easy it is to flash+CWM+Root V20* on Unlocked Bootloader (UL BL)***

Thanks and Huge rounds of applause for Aremcee (aka RC or Ricardo Cerqueira).
    This is completely based on Aremcee's Unlock and CWMRoot method as explained here. Please read is carefully before starting.
    =============================================

Things to remember while proceeding.

• Not for Newbies. (need some experience in flashing and installing fastboot drivers)
    • IMPORTANT: You must have P760/P765 with P760 V20B EUROPE OPEN rom flashed on it....or OTHER UNLOCKABLE ROMS. @Gh0sT.RPG tried unlocking on P765 V20B, V20C & V20D all unsuccessful. But He unlocked on P65 V20A Indian in just 20min.
    • You must have P768 with P768 JB (e.g.Mexico) Not tested but should work as per JB feature added in other variants. If this method does not work for P768 then try this method.
    • Phone might be already Bootloader Unlocked or you may Unlock it while in following process.
    • P769x owners please visit this thread for unlocking bootloader.
    Unlock Bootloader and Easy Rooting of L9 P760/765/P768

0) Preparations:-

See post number 10 below for some information on fastboot drivers.

1) Connect phone to pc and change USB Mode to "LG Software Mode". Now wait for 30 minutes if you want to unlock bootloader (IMPORTANT Read post) and then open command prompt and give following commands in "lower case" because adb command is case sensitive.

C:\>cd \android
    C:\Android>adb devices
    This should show the list of attached devices in ADB mode like shown below

attachment.php

Now pass this command and phone will restart in fastboot mode like this... in "lower case" because fastboot command is case sensitive.

C:Android\>adb reboot oem-unlock
    Phone will start in fastboot mode. You may be asked to install fastboot drivers at this point. See driver download from this this NEW download thread and install with instructions from this OLD install method or this New install Method.

2 A) AT THIS POINT, YOU CAN UNLOCK BOOTLOADER IF STILL LOCKED: You get option to press VOLUME UP key to unlock the bootloader permanently. If already unlocked, skip to next step.

attachment.php

2 B) When your phone comes in fastboot mode, then PC will install fastboot drivers, if not installed before. If automatic installation fails, you can manually install fastboot drivers as instructed in this post or this post. Strangely my device manager shows only one entry like this screenshot. (click for screenshot). If fastboot drivers are not installed this rooting will not work.

attachment.php

3) Now staying in Fastboot mode, install Recovery Software (CWM Touch) like shown below. All in "lower case", because fastboot command is case sensitive and will fail if you type carelessly.
    C:\Android>fastboot devices
    This will show if phone is connected to your pc in fastboot mode or not by showing device entry result like "1234567 fastboot". Then give next command.
    C:\Android>fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-touch-6.0.3.1-p760.img
    attachment.php

This will install Recovery Software (CWM) in your phone. When finished you can disconnect phone from pc (remove usb cable).

To switch off phone, PRESS POWER FOR 15 SECONDS or REMOVE BATTERY and INSERT AGAIN.

4) Reboot phone in Recovery (CWM) Mode (with Vol+ and Home and Power button, all together for 5 secs) and flash UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.25.zip which was already copied before on sdcard. Reboot normally and enjoy.

Your are done.

For me everything went smooth in single attempt like a charm.

PS: The Rom I flashed before did perfectly worked well with all features and options :D Super Smooth as usual.
    ==============================================

EDIT: JUST FLASHED P765 V20D HongKong ON P765 INDIA WITH NO ISSUE. (14-Apr-13) See this related thread for more information

==============================================
    @cmahendra Can u add few lines in your OP like on which firmware bootloader can be locked? This might prevent some same questions from repeating in the thread and might help out others. I tried unlocking on p765 v20B, v20C & v20D all unsuccessful. I unlocked on v20A Indian in just 20min. So, may be this info might be helpful to others :highfive:
    U2 is l9s motherboard model name

Thanks a lot. That clears fog. He was mentioning in other thread also why it is showing as U2 instead of P768? lol
    For those advanced users , especially p765 and p768 who are on jb and can not unlock their bootloader I can suggest backing up then flashing x-loader and u-boot that cmahendra provided and see if unlocking works
    also restoring via offline method or lg tool may overwrite x and u, I haven't notice any patterns which kdz version does it or not , it most likely is set in kdz/dll itself.
    Hello,

I did this tutorial on my P760 and it works perfectly :highfive: (the only difference I made was for the recovery file, I used the last version 6.0.3.1 instead of the on given on this thread :) ).

There was only one detail I didn't understand. When you are asked to confirm with Vol+ if you are sure to unlock the bootloader, it said it will reset your device to factory settings : it did not :D .

Thank you for the tutorial ;)

Glad this Tutorial helped you. :highfive: I know I am on same new CWM 6.0.3.1 but not updated here. kindaa lazy. JUST UPDATED NEW CWM. Old also there for backup.:D

They said it will reset your device, because people are lazy/careless to BACKUP the phone. Even I keep telling people to take nandroid backup of phone before flashing KDZ but it does not wipe data. :D

See last line of my signature. :D