*128 and 64 ram support
*USB RNDIS support.
*SDHighCapacity support (up to 8GB)
*SDIO expansion no longer supported.
*Error Reporting turned off.
*RDP programm added
*WModem is obsolete. Excluded.
*Something else
*Of course all features from HTCMAG_ROM_WWE_O2 - read info about it also!

Installation:
*YOU MUST HAVE 1.12 RADIO! IF NOT, INSTALL IT FIRST!!!
*Download archive
*Extract files from it
*Enter bootloader mode on device (Press POWER + CAMERA + RESET, you will see Serial/USB at top and 1.0X at bottom)
*Connect via USB to PC
*Run Update.exe
*Follow instructions in Update program.
*At the end you should see at device screen: "100% Upgrade OS Image Complete".
*After flashing press reset.
*Don't touch device, wait while "welcome screen" appear.
*Press screen, do calibration and start using device.
NOTE: This is ONLY ONE right instruction how to flash your device with my rom.
otherwise your device can no longer boots, also you can get brick. be sure, before doing anything wrong!

Uninstallation
*Enter bootloader mode on device (Press POWER + CAMERA + RESET, you will see Serial/USB at top and 1.0X at bottom)
*Connect via USB to PC
*Install ORIGINAL 1.12 or 1.13 ROM. No big storage etc. Install original one!!
[YOU *MUST* REPLACE ROMUpgradeUt.exe TO MaUpgradeUt_noID.exe]
*Now you can flash any other old custom roms.
NOTE: This is ONLY ONE right instruction how to uninstall my rom, otherwise you can have problems with new rom.

Screenshots
rom_wwe_o3.PNG

You can read more and download rom from my website.

You are flashing your device at your own risk.
I've tried all my ROMs on my own device and didn't find any problem.
I take no responsibility for any harm or damage to yourself, your device, computer or anything else.
Something works, something doesn't. Something is not supposed to work.
Something is supposed to work, but doesn't. Something should't work, but works.
Something should work, but doesn't;
Something should work from your point of view, but not from mine.
Something is not supposed to work, that's why it doesn't work.
By downloading and using this files, you agree with this statements.

This is private project, don't ask any details about development, also don't ask about future releases, I won't answer. Sorry.

Please don't send me Private Messages about this project, write in this thread instead.

Best regards,
-Cotulla

Last edited:

ebay2006

Jun 29, 2006
Gee.. 3rd version in 2 month for wimo 6.1, what a great job, thank you sir, you are trully magician...

genltyang

Apr 14, 2009
Changsha,China
Big thanks to Cotulla, it is so cool.

But sorry of one demand,can make a ROM use CHS language of this release, please?

many chinese user are looking forward to......

philiplam

Feb 2, 2008
Happy Valley
Hi Cotulla,

One little problem... my storage card is now named as "Mounted Volume". Since I have used sprite backup and restore from your 02 rom to 03 without the need for reinstalling applications, but the path name is new, all my programs are not working...

Is there a fast fix to the matter? (renaming "Mounted Volume" back to "Storage Card").

Many thanks in advanced.

Philip

philiplam

Feb 2, 2008
Happy Valley
Hi Cotulla,

One little problem... my storage card is now named as "Mounted Volume". Since I have used sprite backup and restore from your 02 rom to 03 without the need for reinstalling applications, but the path name is new, all my programs are not working...

Is there a fast fix to the matter? (renaming "Mounted Volume" back to "Storage Card").

Many thanks in advanced.

Philip

Dear Cotulla,

Sorry for bothering, but even more strange this is: Before my sprite restore, this is named "Storage Card"... the name gets changed only after the restore...

Help...

Philip

xiaojin1985

Mar 15, 2009
Nanning
hi.baidu.com
Hi Cotulla,

Many thanks in advanced.

Philip
Comes me again,ha ha
Just have a look at here:
HKLM\System\StorageManager\Profiles\SDMMC
"Folder"="Storage Card"

And then reboot.

If Cotulla have changed the mount point of SDCard,you can click another subitem under "Profiles" and find which Folder's name is "Mounted Volume",change it to "Storage Card".

I have developed an optimization tool for Cotulla's WM6 and it works well,but it is a software in Simplified Chinese language,do you want to try?

Last edited:

iCue

Apr 22, 2005
If #7 is true, it would be a huuugee mess...

If by sdio you really talk about that kind of cards used to get the old magician wifi then...please explain why?!

It worked just fine....

philiplam

Feb 2, 2008
Happy Valley
Comes me again,ha ha
Just have a look at here:
HKLM\System\StorageManager\Profiles\SDMMC
"Folder"="Storage Card"

And then reboot.

If Cotulla have changed the mount point of SDCard,you can click another subitem under "Profiles" and find which Folder's name is "Mounted Volume",change it to "Storage Card".

I have developed an optimization tool for Cotulla's WM6 and it works well,but it is a software in Simplified Chinese language,do you want to try?

Dear XiaoJin,

Thanks for your info. Worked like a charm.

Another question for you today: my o2 won't be able to recognize by Windows XP (Unknown USB Device) after my sprite restore, so I can't sync. Is there another key I need to delete from the device?

I would love to test drive my optimization software, and also if you need any translating work I could do that for you too. I have done that previously for the Chinese famous software "infinite today". Though I doubt if you need any as I think your English is as good (bad) as mine anyways.

Regards,

Philip

Cotulla

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Sep 8, 2007
Dear Cotulla,

Sorry for bothering, but even more strange this is: Before my sprite restore, this is named "Storage Card"... the name gets changed only after the restore...

YOU MUST NOT RESTORE BACKUPS FROM OTHER ROMs!!!!
You can restore only PIM data(Contacts, Calendar, Messagess).

If you restore backup from old rom, you get a mixed sh#t - a half of old rom and a half of new rom, this can cause a lot of bugs and etc.

If people continue ignore this rule, I will include protection engine in future ROMs.

Last edited:

fpbasilio

Sep 7, 2007
why would u remove sdio support?
how else can we get wifi on the magicin than through sdio wifi card?
pls confirm if this new rom doesnt support wifi cards.
thanks

does this version use less memory space?

kudtz

May 27, 2005
Radio version

Hi everyone,
i'm using CHT Rom (OS 1.11.06 / ExtROM 1.11.902 / Radio 1.11 / traditional chinese) and the radio version is 1.11, while i have to have 1.12 version in order to install this WM6.1 ROM.
How can i upgrade my radio version to 1.12?
and for the uninstallation problem, the read me said that (Install ORIGINAL 1.12 or 1.13 ROM. No big storage etc. Install original one!!) but the CHT ROM is 1.11, so if i install this WM6.1 ROM, i won't be able to install other ROM? Thx

Dear Cotulla,
Will you release the CHT version of this ROM? Thx

mike8010

Dec 2, 2007
Bluetooth in Setting\System folder

I just finished with 03 ROM installtion but I can't sync and it seem like the bluetooth icon in the setting\system (normally there, this is the place where you normally check the outgoing/incoming port 4 &5) is not there anymore or I missing something? Those are the 2 issues I have. Anybody having these problems?

My phone is S110 and I was able to run fine with 02 ROM.

Back to checking the new ROM...again many thanks Cotulla!!!

Updated: I got the (USB cable) sync problem fixed by uninstall and reinstall the activesync 4.5. But still can't get the bluetooth sync to work so I can't sync via bluetooth as an option so I can browse the web inside my house. My bluetooth headset works OK.. just the bluetooth icon normally in the setting\system folder is not there anymore :-( so I can't setup sync via bluetooth. BTW the SDHC work great on my 4GB Kingston SDHC :)

Mike8010

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There a way to see the battery in the right upper corner. with a software?
    Ty but it more when the phone go in saving mode 20%batt it look like the phone reboot. When i put in the AC every thing oke. So saving mode turn off my phone.
    Change the battery Dude...

It's not the battery it's when the phone go in Save mode.
    When 20% or less it disable SD, screen and more potions of the phone.
    It's turn of the phone at 20% or less when i use stock ROM everything is oke.