3.10 Kernel

KazuDante

Sep 6, 2015
Port-Au-Prince
Hello guys i found this thread about 3.10 kernel for msm8974 devices :silly:
since it's the same hardware SOC why not porting it to our klte :fingers-crossed: also if we managed to we could have treble also and a lots of new improvements what you think ???:highfive:
would be nice if you posted the source of the kernel , for a kernel dev to take a look at what device it came from and if the hardware are the same , 2nd there are several variants of the msm8974 SOC family . for example the 1+1 is a msm8974 the Note 3 is a 8974 but if you flash either kernel on the s5 thats a insta-brick.

Now that could help us out is if the device you found went from let say kernel version 3.4.xx to 3.10 with kernel patches/updates that right there could be possible for the s5 and that is not even a sure thing . at best its a possibility but sadly the way i see it S5 won't ever get treble. best if you saved some money and on the budget side grab a brand new Mi A1 or Mi A2 , easily unlock bootloader and treble the device up with the twrp recovery ( A1 ) not sure about A2 ( saving up for that as we speak ) and then just flash away any gsi roms you like the support's the a/b style partitions .

Sebastian505

Jun 12, 2014
Hama
would be nice if you posted the source of the kernel , for a kernel dev to take a look at what device it came from and if the hardware are the same , 2nd there are several variants of the msm8974 SOC family . for example the 1+1 is a msm8974 the Note 3 is a 8974 but if you flash either kernel on the s5 thats a insta-brick.

Now that could help us out is if the device you found went from let say kernel version 3.4.xx to 3.10 with kernel patches/updates that right there could be possible for the s5 and that is not even a sure thing . at best its a possibility but sadly the way i see it S5 won't ever get treble. best if you saved some money and on the budget side grab a brand new Mi A1 or Mi A2 , easily unlock bootloader and treble the device up with the twrp recovery ( A1 ) not sure about A2 ( saving up for that as we speak ) and then just flash away any gsi roms you like the support's the a/b style partitions .
Nice, first i'm not a pro in kernels sources and i didn't post this for treble only it's for a huge step in klte kernel forums
BTW i have an s6 edge and pocophone but the S5 is one of my nice design phone i've ever used it's my friend :laugh:
also the kernel source can be found in the dev thread that i totally forget to insert the link :eek: sorry :fingers-crossed:

Sebastian505

Jun 12, 2014
Hama
Nice, first i'm not a pro in kernels sources and i didn't post this for treble only it's for a huge step in klte kernel forums
BTW i have an s6 edge and pocophone but the S5 is one of my nice design phone i've ever used it's my friend :laugh:
also the kernel source can be found in the dev thread that i totally forget to insert the link :eek: sorry :fingers-crossed:
also the kernel devs said that "we are cooking 1 kernel for all msm8974 devices for all custom roms":cowboy: