• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

.3.2.4 Rollback Images

Search This thread

DB126

Oct 15, 2013
What directory, exactly, are you copying it into?
Have you checked settings to see if your device isn't full?
Thank you guys very much for the help! Unfortunately, I still wasn't able to make it work. I reflashed the 3.2.4, wiped the cache before that, still can't make the file stay in the root of the sd card (we are talking right in / , not actually /SDCard/ , right?).
Sounds like you might be one directory too high. The update file should be placed in the sdcard folder which is located under the device root ('/'). If you tether the device it should be visible under "internal storage" which is essentially the sdcard folder. You can also place the file there from a tethered host if more convenient.
@EncryptedCurse - do you concur?

EncryptedCurse

Jul 9, 2014
Sounds like you might be one directory too high. The update file should be placed in the sdcard folder which is located under the device root ('/'). If you tether the device it should be visible under "internal storage" which is essentially the sdcard folder. You can also place the file there from a tethered host if more convenient.

@EncryptedCurse - do you concur?

Thank you guys very much for the help! Unfortunately, I still wasn't able to make it work. I reflashed the 3.2.4, wiped the cache before that, still can't make the file stay in the root of the sd card (we are talking right in / , not actually /SDCard/ , right?).
I'm using the stock file fromhere (3.1.0). I had the Nexus HDX 2.0.2 on slot 2, flashed the modified file to the stock slot (which had 3.2.4 before).
Tomorrow, I will try to flash Nexus HDX once again and then reflash FireOS.
And I don't know the original check sum, so I downloaded it several times and compared them with each other and they were the same.

Sounds like we've narrowed down the problem.
You're supposed to put the .bin in /sdcard (internal storage), not / (the very root of the filesystem).

peffel

Aug 19, 2011
Thanks guys, unfortunately I also had the file in the sdcard folder (where it stays) and it doesn't want to update. When I checked the file on my Windows 10 PC, it was not executable because it is "from a different PC". Well, I changed that, moved the file over to the Kindle once more, but still nothing. What is it supposed to say in the Options -> Device -> Softwareupdates? All it says, build number 3.0.9 and Check now for updates.
Does it have something to do with rights management? The mistake must be something I'm doing I wrong guess, so I will just keep trying today.

E: So I installed Safestrap again, tried to Flash Nexus HDX which failed, reflashed the modified, wiped and somehow mysteriously it found the update and updated! Yayyy. Thanks guys.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello All,

Warning: Do not flash these files unless you are on .3.2.4 or Nexus ROM 2.0.x.

Here are rollback images (prerooted) which will enable you to get back to .3.1.0

Instructions:

1. Backup your /data partition in Safestrap if desired and copy it to your computer
    2. Flash the appropriate file for you device
    3. From Safestrap do a factory reset
    4. Reboot to 13.3.2.4 modified stock (the screen will go blank for about 15-20 seconds - no problem)
    5. Do not connect to WiFi or register your kindle
    6. Select Complete Setup Later
    7. Copy the .3.1.0 stock update file to the root of your sdcard
    8. Initiate update from device options.

Links

- Apollo Rollback Image
    - Thor Rollback Image
    Corrected Apollo Image

@jeryll,

The corrected Apollo Rollback Image is up.
    Thanks guys, unfortunately I also had the file in the sdcard folder (where it stays) and it doesn't want to update. When I checked the file on my Windows 10 PC, it was not executable because it is "from a different PC". Well, I changed that, moved the file over to the Kindle once more, but still nothing. What is it supposed to say in the Options -> Device -> Softwareupdates? All it says, build number 3.0.9 and Check now for updates.
    Does it have something to do with rights management? The mistake must be something I'm doing I wrong guess, so I will just keep trying today.

E: So I installed Safestrap again, tried to Flash Nexus HDX which failed, reflashed the modified, wiped and somehow mysteriously it found the update and updated! Yayyy. Thanks guys.
    Unlocked bootloader!
    Thanks ggow, but this is a warning to all apollo (HDX 8.9) users - do not use this file to rollback attempt!

@ggow you forgot to edit build.prop file, so after anyone boot from this file (md5 hash: 0f9f3b084500b888fc66415a8539a341), kindle will not continue with downgrade to 14.3.1.0 :crying:

No harm done for me, as I backuped everything I can, but beware, if you dont want problems (I found extremely difficult install anything through adb on this installed/running rollback ... you can try edit build.prop file to correct values for downgrade by yourself, but messing with build.prop is highly risky and small mistake and brick is for sure, so you have been warned) WAIT for ggow to upload correct rollback image, or correct edited build.prop for downgrade

I have taken the file offline, Sorry about that @jeryll, will correct file and re-upload.