3.2 Update Problem US.

Search This thread

carlitos66

Dec 19, 2010
Hi Broken, and BarryH, and others who helped with this thread, thank you very much for all the help, I did it. I am now running 3.2 with no wi fi problems. Last question, I still don't have any live wallpapers and the nice deep blue honeycomb home screen is also missing. Did Samsung deliberatelly removed it or can I get it somewhere else?
Thank guys one more time

Last edited:

gbrethen

Apr 3, 2011
PIT File

Use this pit file
Attached Files
android_fastboot_emmc_full_p4_16G_32G.zip - [Click for QR Code] (518 Bytes, 14 views)

Does that PIT file work on the 16gig Tablet?

---------- Post added at 11:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 AM ----------

Ok, I flashed the 3.2 using ODIN, I didn't use PIT file. All seems successful, but what's new? Looks the same.

animatechnica

Dec 12, 2010
Freakmont
the names says 16G_32G

Use this pit file
Attached Files
android_fastboot_emmc_full_p4_16G_32G.zip - [Click for QR Code] (518 Bytes, 14 views)

Does that PIT file work on the 16gig Tablet?

---------- Post added at 11:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 AM ----------

Ok, I flashed the 3.2 using ODIN, I didn't use PIT file. All seems successful, but what's new? Looks the same.

nandihno

Jul 22, 2010
Brisbane
So if it ask you for the password which it will if you come from odin simply get into recovery and wipe all then reboot
Note rooting using this new recovery 3e works the same ;-)

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA App

LiverpoolFCfan

Dec 8, 2006
Dublin
Kies wi-fi not connecting ?

Anybody able to connect with Kies wi-fi since the update ?

My TAB was one of those that aborted mid-OTA and I have since flashed the update with Odin without repartitioning. Just wondering if it is just me or if everyone has a problem.

What I am seeing is that I start Kies wi-fi on the device - It detects Kies on my laptop. I click connect, and get the Accept Connection ? question on my laptop. When I click Yes on the laptop, the TAB goes into "You can now sync" state - but I get an error popup on the laptop saying "No SIM card detected - sync disabled" or something similar. Kies just sits there with the Connecting spinner turning endlessly.

This worked fine prior to the 3.2 update

Edit: I did also allow Kies to update itself a day or 32 before the 3.2 update hit - so it could be a Kies issue on the laptop too.

Last edited:

Jojo_1

Mar 13, 2011
I've got 16GB US version of galaxy and sadly received OTA. No I'm trying to reflash 3.2.
I'va got problem with going into download mode.
I've tried pressing volume-down + power in all sort of combinations, but managed only to switch on/off my tab. I couldn't get download mode icon. I see only Samsung logo and screen turning off/on.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

SOLVED sorry to bother

Last edited:

kumulkenya

Nov 20, 2011
bricked Galaxy in africa

hi all i bought a 10.1 in states on a business trip and on using this week received a message saying upgrade available to 3.2 you all know what happened next ! i was at my wits end trying to work out how to fix till i stumbled across you guys i downloaded the ODIN etc and then worried should i shouldn't i attempt to do it yesterday took the plunge and it worked ! and now up and running better than before a very sincere THANK YOU TO YOU ALL :D ! because in Kenya would of been stuffed without you !

---------- Post added at 08:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 AM ----------

thanks pal worked!

nikosal

Nov 20, 2011
Same issues here, updated OTA, wifi not working etc.

But I don't believe we have to send the tab to them: in a live chat, a technician told me they are working on a fix (many other users have reported the same). They (samsung) are absolutely vague though on a schedule.

nandihno

Jul 22, 2010
Brisbane
hi all i bought a 10.1 in states on a business trip and on using this week received a message saying upgrade available to 3.2 you all know what happened next ! i was at my wits end trying to work out how to fix till i stumbled across you guys i downloaded the ODIN etc and then worried should i shouldn't i attempt to do it yesterday took the plunge and it worked ! and now up and running better than before a very sincere THANK YOU TO YOU ALL :D ! because in Kenya would of been stuffed without you !

---------- Post added at 08:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 AM ----------

thanks pal worked!

Infact the US 3.2 is excellent..there are no issues..
Samsung bug lies in the delivery of the rom..and not in the rom itself.
So all of you should just use odin and flash away.

Dregus311

Jul 4, 2011
Task I can't ever post in the dev forum cause I haven't posted 10 times yet. But your ROM's are rockin! Keep up the good work, and hopefully soon I will be able to post some helpful post in the dev forum. I have found little things here and there pretty quickly after loading your ROM's, but just haven't been able to post to the forum to inform you. Once again man your latest ROM is awesome (Galaxy), I am hoping that Pershoot or someone else will be able to release a kernel for it. Pershoots current kernel worked great with exception of the Auto rotate issue.

nikosal

Nov 20, 2011
Hi guys... A couple of days ago, the chat technician of Samsung had told me "we are working for the OTA fix, will be available as soon as possible etc". Today a disturbing surprise waited me in my latest chat with them: "Send Tab in our Service, we can't fix it OTA"!

I forward your the full chat transcript (I only have corrected couple of typos). Let me know what you think. I also erased name of technician and ID number.

Your Issue ID for this chat is XXXXXXXX

Technician: Hi, thanks for reaching out to Samsung tech support. How can I help you today?

Visitor: hi, I would like to know if the fix on the (infamous worldwide now) broken update to 3.2 in my 7510 Galaxy Tab is a day closer

Visitor: As I only have static wifi and even more important, not auto-rotate

Technician: I understand that your Tab is unable to connect to wifi even after assigning the static IP address. Am I correct?

Visitor: No, I said I only have static wifi, which is good for my house only, where I can "read" the settings of my router, but nowhere else

Visitor: so in every public wifi place I used to carry tab with me, it is now useless

Technician: I am sorry to hear that.

Visitor: and to that, you have to add the inconvenience of non auto-rotating

Visitor: so, my initial question: any news of the fix, other than "we are working on it"?

Technician: In this case, you need to send the Tab in for service so that our Samsung service technician will examine the unit and fix the issue.

Visitor: ??

Visitor: your co-mate technician a few days ago said you are working on a fix which will be transmitted OTA

Visitor: now I should send the tab from my country to where?

Technician: Yes, you are right. Now, you need to send the Tab in for service so that the Tab can be serviced.

Visitor: I bought it from Amazon.com in NYC and I live in (European Country), where should I send the tab?

Technician: You need to send the Tab to the service center in US. After filing the service request, you would receive a confirmation e-mail regarding the service center details.

Visitor: I guess postage paid by samsung, as it was your mistake the whole thing

Technician: May I know the date of purchase of your Tab?

Visitor: it was around first days of July, I will check with my Amazon.com account

Visitor: Still I don't understand, why not transmit a fix through the internet? Why all this inconvenience of parcels going over the Atlantic

Technician: I am sorry you feel that way.

Technician: As it should be physically examined by the Samsung service technician, you need to send the Tab in for service.

Visitor: Come on my friend, how would you feel if a major company had uploaded a broken update, without sufficient Quality Control?

Visitor: Thousands of people around the globe have the same problem, all these have to send a parcel to Samsung, USA?

Technician: I once again apologize for the inconvenience.

Visitor: ok, thanks, so where is the link for the service request?

Technician: If for some reason the unit cannot be repaired, would you accept a factory reconditioned exchange unit?

Visitor: what is a factory reconditioned exchange unit?

Technician: Another Tab which is in a good condition would be given to you if your Tab cannot be repaired. Is that okay?

Visitor: ha! you should be kidding! I don't believe you propose that! A second hand Tab, just because you send to your customers a broken update?????

Technician: I am sorry; I just asked you if you are wishing to accept. Not a problem.

Visitor: Really, I only need one answer, if possible

Visitor: Why don't you transmit a fix giving us instructions how to upgrade, this time properly

Visitor: or even downgrade again to a working 3.1 environment

Technician: I am sorry; it is not possible to transmit the fix and unit needs to be physically examined.

Technician: We would have surely helped , if we had any fix regarding the fix.

Visitor: Ok, I will consider my options.

Visitor: Please send me a link for the service request to fill the form etc. in case I decide so

Technician: Here is the service request link to file a service request. XXXX

Last edited:

BarryH_GEG

Jan 16, 2009
Spokane, Washington
Visitor: Come on my friend, how would you feel if a major company had uploaded a broken update, without sufficient Quality Control?

Visitor: Thousands of people around the globe have the same problem, all these have to send a parcel to Samsung, USA?

A little dramatic, no? Unfortunately, stuff like this happens to every manufacturer. It's happened to me with HTC, LG, and Motorola. The update was only available for a day so we don't know how many people were effected. And it only effected those that updated OTA and it was only the U.S. update that had the problem. You chose to buy a U.S. product for use in Europe so sending it back here for service sucks but it's the price you pay. I have a UK SGS2 and P7500 that I'll have to send to the UK if they need service. I can't ***** at Samsung because I knew that when I bought them. And they're not going to reimburse you for shipping as you're using a product outside its intended country of sale. They might also charge you for return shipping.

If you follow the instructions for using Odin you can restore your Tab without sending it in. There were a lot of novices that were apprehensive but were able to do it without issue.

Top Liked Posts