Question 3 finger swipe for screenshot

Search This thread

thejase

Jan 29, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Tab S
OnePlus 7T
Hey all, first time pixel owner here (p7p). Previous phones were one plus devices. I love the option of a 3 finger swipe down for screenshot. Anyone know of a no-root solution to this? Like an app? I really hate using buttons, status bar shortcuts, and app switch to get a screen shot on this device. Thanks in advance!

Reactions: lupastro82

Raezor92

Aug 5, 2020
I came from an OP9P and the best option that I found on my new pixel is the double tap at the back of the phone, the things that I miss are the biometrical authentication to access to any app you want and the hiding apps

Reactions: mikebb00
i know it's not as simple as 3-finger swipe for a screenshot, but as a workaround until you find a acceptable solution, if it's an issue of taking a screenshot but not being able to physically hold your phone, you could always ask Google Assistant to take the screenshot for you....
*Although, I don't know how you could do a 3-finger swipe without being able to physically hold your phone either.... (I guess you need to take a screenshot while the phone is laying flat face-up[?])

Reactions: thejase

Clark Joseph Kent

Senior Mod / Moderator & RC-RT Committees Lead
Staff member
Dec 17, 2011
www.marines.com
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
@thejase question, how are not able to hold your device when taking a screenshot? Even with the 3 finger swipe, you are asking, do you still have to hold your device?

I mean I use one hand to hold the device, and the other hand to tap the back for the screenshot. Works great, although sometimes I have to give a good tap, due to my case on the device.

NepoRood

Recognized Contributor / Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 26, 2016
Bugtussle
@thejase question, how are not able to hold your device when taking a screenshot? Even with the 3 finger swipe, you are asking, do you still have to hold your device?

I mean I use one hand to hold the device, and the other hand to tap the back for the screenshot. Works great, although sometimes I have to give a good tap, due to my case on the device.
First time Pixel owner...

That's my guess anyway, lol

thejase

Jan 29, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Tab S
OnePlus 7T

The device is sitting upright in the top lid of a toolbox. So USB port facing floor. I'd rather not use Google assistant to take a ss. Three finger swipe is really the best implementation for me.

EtherealRemnant

Unfortunately without root, it's not possible.

I will say that with root and AOSP Mods, I was able to add a two finger swipe up from the nav bar to take a screenshot and as an added bonus, it's an insecure screenshot, so I can use it in apps that don't allow taking screenshots (like Xfinity for some stupid reason - why they block screenshots on the data usage screen is beyond me).

thejase

Jan 29, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Tab S
OnePlus 7T
Ah damn never thought of those scenarios lol. Guess power and vol down it is for you!
Nope. I figured out a temporary solution for now. It's listed on my quote from earlier below...
Hey all. Just an FYI. I was able to do something similar with a swipe down along the top left edge of the screen using macrodroid. If you've never used it, I highly recommend it. I never pay for apps and it's worth the money! Forgot I had it from long ago. Can automate many many things.

I appreciate all the replies, everyone!

GoBears

Nov 1, 2011

djcsurf

Jan 9, 2011
Kent
Unfortunately without root, it's not possible.

I will say that with root and AOSP Mods, I was able to add a two finger swipe up from the nav bar to take a screenshot and as an added bonus, it's an insecure screenshot, so I can use it in apps that don't allow taking screenshots (like Xfinity for some stupid reason - why they block screenshots on the data usage screen is beyond me).
I have set up 2 finger swipe in aospmods as well as allow unrestricted screenshot but when swiping in bank app for example screenshot is black. Only using voldown and power button takes it ok

letmedanz

Aug 26, 2010
Bangalore
Google Pixel 7 Pro
You could also use an app like LMT and have a screenshot as a shortcut.
Works in your hand & on the table.

1000008072.png

(Sorry for the large attachment. Not sure how to attach a smaller image)

The Triangle takes a screenshot

Last edited:

EtherealRemnant

I have set up 2 finger swipe in aospmods as well as allow unrestricted screenshot but when swiping in bank app for example screenshot is black. Only using voldown and power button takes it ok
Strange. Works fine for me. You can see here I did a two finger swipe and then I took a regular screenshot while the app was still up and that one was black as expected.

Screenshot_20221214-145513.png

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

First time Pixel owner...

That's my guess anyway, lol
    Hey all. Just an FYI. I was able to do something similar with a swipe down along the top left edge of the screen using macrodroid. If you've never used it, I highly recommend it. I never pay for apps and it's worth the money! Forgot I had it from long ago. Can automate many many things.
    Hey all, first time pixel owner here (p7p). Previous phones were one plus devices. I love the option of a 3 finger swipe down for screenshot. Anyone know of a no-root solution to this? Like an app? I really hate using buttons, status bar shortcuts, and app switch to get a screen shot on this device. Thanks in advance!
    I came from an OP9P and the best option that I found on my new pixel is the double tap at the back of the phone, the things that I miss are the biometrical authentication to access to any app you want and the hiding apps
    i know it's not as simple as 3-finger swipe for a screenshot, but as a workaround until you find a acceptable solution, if it's an issue of taking a screenshot but not being able to physically hold your phone, you could always ask Google Assistant to take the screenshot for you....
    *Although, I don't know how you could do a 3-finger swipe without being able to physically hold your phone either.... (I guess you need to take a screenshot while the phone is laying flat face-up[?])