[31/03/08] PocketGravity 0.02 Alpha2

Search This thread

Mollusk

Jun 23, 2007
After a few days/weeks of development, here comes the first release of PocketGravity !

First off, consider this release as an early alpha. It has potential crashes that could damage your brain, etc... I cannot be held responsible for any damage done to you or your surroundings...

Current features :
- Circle and box plotting
- Drag 'n Drop, angle changing
- Cloning
- Advanced joints
- Gravity control
- 100 undo/redo levels
- Save/Loads, share your scenes with your friends

Discuss this game and share your scenes on the official forum...

Some people asked for a donation link, so here it is (or you can click on the donation widget on XFlib.net)
US $ donation link
Euro donation link
(avoids converting euros to dollars to euros again, as my account is already in euros...)

If you have any scenes to share, I'll be glad to host them on the server and edit the topic to add the links :)

Edit : oh, and I'm looking for anyone willing to redo the art to have a nicer/smaller interface, with more consistent objects/buttons ^^ The bottom menu should actually be more like a tabbed menu...

Quick video : http://www.palib.info/blog/flvplaye...lib.net/Games/PocketGravity/PocketGravity.flv

Here are the first scenes that have been submitted !!!

Ball and Squares.pgs
Engine.pgs
Ramps.zip
String.pgs
Torture Room.pgs
Towers.zip

Changelog :
- Quick VGA support, nothing major, and non-optimal (just upscaling for now)
- New graphics by TWolf
- Cloning now also clones the static state
- Fixed bug when moving objects
- Action button now pauses simulation
- Added gravity control !!
- Added gravity to saves and undo/redo
- New exe icon
- More accurate saving/loading (experimental)
- Multiple pages on save/load
- Fixed save/load of more than 16 scenes

- Initial Release

Last edited:

met3ora

Nov 18, 2007
Holy crap I'm excited!

edit: Haha that's so fun. Thanks a lot for developing.

Last edited:

Mr. Vi

Sep 23, 2006
Berlin
Mollusk I love you :D

I'll test it right now, while sitting on the toilet :)

I was waiting so long for your app :)

Edit:
GREAT GAME for 0.01 Alpha :D

Last edited:

Mollusk

Jun 23, 2007
It should work on VGA (with upscaling). I might do a VGA version later on (not for the buttons though) as it's all vectorial anyways. But I'd rather concentrate on a base portrait QVGA version for now, sorry :/

flaviopac

Jan 10, 2008
FANTASTIC.....

Nice job Mollusk...

You'll receive my donation very soon...
And I hope everyone here will do a donation....
Think about the time Mollusk has spent (and he's spending) to developt this fantastic app for us....

I hope people would understand what kind of job Mollusk has done......

Mollusk

Jun 23, 2007
You'll receive my donation very soon...
And I hope everyone here will do a donation....

Thanks ^^ But to be honest, I would prefer people submitting graphics/scenes/ideas (not fancy stuff but good ideas like the ones I got by PM or posted on the wiki :p). What makes this kind of app interesting is having a strong user database submitting stuff, not money ;)

flaviopac

Jan 10, 2008
Thanks ^^ But to be honest, I would prefer people submitting graphics/scenes/ideas (not fancy stuff but good ideas like the ones I got by PM or posted on the wiki :p). What makes this kind of app interesting is having a strong user database submitting stuff, not money ;)

Sorry, but... I have already thanks you using my "way"....:D

And, don't worry, ideas/scenes will come very soon......;)

l3v5y

Retired Senior Moderator
Sep 13, 2007
Bristol
Thanks for this! Gonna work out what to do now...

Just got one problem... If you delete the base (red) bar, you can't replace it... So everything starts falling off the screen. I know you can just restart, but I think the option to make boxes or objects similar to the red one would be beneficial.

Edit: just found out you can so now I look like an idiot :D

Last edited:

uzzy

Oct 7, 2007
Thanks for this! Gonna work out what to do now...

Just got one problem... If you delete the base (red) bar, you can't replace it... So everything starts falling off the screen. I know you can just restart, but I think the option to make boxes or objects similar to the red one would be beneficial.

You can... you change the icon in the bottom right area of the icons on the left hand side of the screen to toggle whether the objects are fixed (like the red bar at the start) or if they move.

2cmt1d1.jpg

(ignore the arrow - look at the circled icon (its actually squared but you know what i mean)). You click the circled icon to toggle fixed objects/moving objects.

Last edited:

l3v5y

Retired Senior Moderator
Sep 13, 2007
Bristol
Just worked that out but thanks!

Two ideas:
1) Be able to draw straight lines
2) when selecting/dragging objects the ability to select multiple objects within a rectangle or something similar...

surur

Nov 29, 2003
Brilliant! Donation on the way.

Idea-wise - how about being able to zoom out and user a larger space than 320x240?

Surur

met3ora

Nov 18, 2007
It's a shame our phones don't have an accellerometer (sp?), to detect the physical orientation of the phone. But a cool feature, and purely cool, not that practical, would be to change orientation of the screen and make all the objects fall to the new center of gravity.

l3v5y

Retired Senior Moderator
Sep 13, 2007
Bristol
Not sure about how possible this would be... But is there any way to build a bunch of accelerometers into a package, attach that to the back of a device and then somehow link it up to an SD card?

An idea based on the one above would be to have a grab style option to move the whole game area around and rotate it.