[31Jan] Root for 2.0.2.A.0.24 and 2.1.A.0.435 firmwares via SuperOneClick

Search This thread

hush66

Apr 6, 2010
It seems like we finally have a working root method for the 2.0.2.A.0.24 firmware!

It can be found in this X8 thread:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=905183

Can anyone verify? I'm not on the latest firmware so am unable to confirm.

Update 1: Ok, it's confirmed to be working! Just download the SuperOneClickv1.5.5 (for 2.0.2.A.0.24).zip file below!

Update 2: SuperOneClick has been updated to use psneuter for exploit by default. This means easier rooting of SE devices. Original thread here. I have attached the latest version (1.6.1) below

Update 3: Have attached version 1.6.3 of SuperOneClick. Original thread here.

Update 4: This works for those who have updated to 2.1.A.0.435 firmware as well. If you have problems with version 1.6.3, please try version 1.5.5 instead.

Update 5: Attached version 1.7, which works just as well.

Update 6: This does not work on Gingerbread Android 2.3.3! You can either download and flash one of the pre-rooted custom ROMs found in the Development section or follow DooMLoRd's guide.

Attachments

• SuperOneClickv1.6.1-ShortFuse.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 5,090
  • SuperOneClickv1.6.3-ShortFuse.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 9,558
  • SuperOneClickv1.7-ShortFuse.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 35,501
Last edited:

pcfanboy142

Dec 8, 2010
Yep i can confirm it works, infact i updated just to try it.

Sent from my X10i using XDA App

hush66

Apr 6, 2010
Yep i can confirm it works, infact i updated just to try it.

Sent from my X10i using XDA App

Could you be so kind as to provide exact instructions on what you did?

Did you use the version posted by bociek1989 found here or did you use the version posted by konio25 which is found here?

And what do we do with the psneuter file that is in the first post of the thread?

porcupineadvocate

Aug 19, 2010
I posted these instructions for the X10 Mini and X10 Mini Pro; I presume they will work for the X10:

1: get SuperOneClick from its original thread if you don't already have it. Latest version is 1.5.5, but most versions seem to work fine.

2: Delete the "rageagainstthecage" file (no filename extension).

3: get psneuter.zip from the Xperia X8 Android Development forum thread.

4: Unzip it. Rename "psneuter" to "rageagainstthecage" (no filename extension), and move it to your SuperOneClick folder, to replace the rageagainstthecage file you deleted in step 2.

5: run SuperOneClick. Mine rooted without looping.

6: reboot your phone. Test your shiny new root!

Remember to put your phone in debugging mode, etc. Someone in the X8 thread claims that X10 Mini can be rooted via this method; I don't have a Mini so I don't know for sure. But I've got a Mini Pro and it just worked.

pcfanboy142

Dec 8, 2010
Could you be so kind as to provide exact instructions on what you did?

Did you use the version posted by bociek1989 found here or did you use the version posted by konio25 which is found here?

And what do we do with the psneuter file that is in the first post of the thread?

I downloaded the file in the first link, by bociek, and just ran it, it worked. I didn't even use the psneuter file. I had to reboot though.

porcupineadvocate

Aug 19, 2010
@oXunknownXo

Were you running 2.0.2.A.0.24? Previous firmwares can be updated with the SuperOneClick exploit, yes, but it is 2.0.2.A.0.24 update that stopped many root methods from working.

oXunknownXo

Aug 29, 2010
@oXunknownXo

Were you running 2.0.2.A.0.24? Previous firmwares can be updated with the SuperOneClick exploit, yes, but it is 2.0.2.A.0.24 update that stopped many root methods from working.

screenshotmi.png

batman_112

Nov 9, 2010
Muscat
I can CONFIRM. It DOES work.

X10a world generic 1234-4820.

**EDIT** v1.5.5

I have edited the folder containing SuperOneClick and added/renamed all the necessary files. All you have to do is, download it and run it! Enjoy!!

If you use the SuperOneClick, make sure you disable anti-virus and anti-malware (especially Kaspersky) before you extract the folder after downloading it. Once you do that:

1. Open the program.
2. Click root.
3. When it says "waiting for device..." connect your phone (make sure you have USB debugging enabled)
4. When it is done, reboot your phone.

NB: make sure you have run SEUS or PC companion at least once before using SuperOneClick.

**EDIT** v1.6.3 27-1-2011

Thanks to CLShortFuse, SuperOneClickv1.6 Uses psneuter for exploit instead of rageagainstthecage by default (should root Sony Ericsson devices easily now).

**EDIT** 29-1-2011

If you updated to the new 2.1.A.0.435, use v1.5.5 as there have been some reports about v1.6.3 not working.

Don't forget to hit "Thank You" :p

Attachments

• SuperOneClickv1.5.5-ShortFuse.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 41,451
  • SuperOneClickv1.6.3-ShortFuse.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,617
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It seems like we finally have a working root method for the 2.0.2.A.0.24 firmware!

It can be found in this X8 thread:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=905183

Can anyone verify? I'm not on the latest firmware so am unable to confirm.

Update 1: Ok, it's confirmed to be working! Just download the SuperOneClickv1.5.5 (for 2.0.2.A.0.24).zip file below!

Update 2: SuperOneClick has been updated to use psneuter for exploit by default. This means easier rooting of SE devices. Original thread here. I have attached the latest version (1.6.1) below

Update 3: Have attached version 1.6.3 of SuperOneClick. Original thread here.

Update 4: This works for those who have updated to 2.1.A.0.435 firmware as well. If you have problems with version 1.6.3, please try version 1.5.5 instead.

Update 5: Attached version 1.7, which works just as well.

Update 6: This does not work on Gingerbread Android 2.3.3! You can either download and flash one of the pre-rooted custom ROMs found in the Development section or follow DooMLoRd's guide.
    I can CONFIRM. It DOES work.

X10a world generic 1234-4820.

**EDIT** v1.5.5

I have edited the folder containing SuperOneClick and added/renamed all the necessary files. All you have to do is, download it and run it! Enjoy!!

If you use the SuperOneClick, make sure you disable anti-virus and anti-malware (especially Kaspersky) before you extract the folder after downloading it. Once you do that:

1. Open the program.
    2. Click root.
    3. When it says "waiting for device..." connect your phone (make sure you have USB debugging enabled)
    4. When it is done, reboot your phone.

NB: make sure you have run SEUS or PC companion at least once before using SuperOneClick.

**EDIT** v1.6.3 27-1-2011

Thanks to CLShortFuse, SuperOneClickv1.6 Uses psneuter for exploit instead of rageagainstthecage by default (should root Sony Ericsson devices easily now).

**EDIT** 29-1-2011

If you updated to the new 2.1.A.0.435, use v1.5.5 as there have been some reports about v1.6.3 not working.

Don't forget to hit "Thank You" :p
    @oXunknownXo

Just rooted mine in less than 8 secs :D and yes it's on 0.24 X10 firmware:)
    Due to this being confirmed working I've stuck thread

Rick
    a friend of mine tried the super one click to root his x10. it didnt work. the program fails to execute. any help?

Can you elaborate on the issue? He clicked on the SuperOneClick file and it says program failed to execute? Or the error appears when he clicked on the "Root" option?

I rooted .504 using Z4.

In order to update to .24 and root that, will I need to reset my phone back to factory, then update it via SE software to .24, then use the SuperOneClick method to root .24?

Pretty new to this rooting business and don't really know what it all means, but I know that my handset is much better when rooted and face recognition is frozen, among other things! On the subject of me being a noob, does anyone have a guide as to what rooting actually is? Ya know, just general knowledge stuff.

Thanks guys, love what you all do for us.

You do not have to reset your phone back to factory first. Just update it via the SE Update Service software and you should be on 2.0.2.A.0.24 firmware. Then use the SuperOneClick file provided in this thread to root.

A quick summary of what root means:
    http://android-dls.com/wiki/index.php?title=Why_Root