[SOLVED] 360 N6 Lite (QIKU): in [desperate] need of TWRP recovery

Search This thread

vp1117

Jan 30, 2019
Device: 360 N6 Lite by QIKU, Snapdragon 630

Device is running stock ROM based on android 8.1,

Some good man tried to help me and created some TWRP version for me but when I flashed it my phone could not start: instead of booting it falls to fastboot mode.

Addtional info about my device which might be useful for knowledgeable person:

1. fastboot has limited functionality: it cannot flash any partiton, therefore the only way I can flash anything is by QFIL
2. I can install Magisk and patch stock boot.img, but when I flash patched boot phone goes to bootloop.
3. bootloader is unlocked:
(bootloader) unlocked:yes
(bootloader) off-mode-charge:0
(bootloader) charger-screen-enabled:0
(bootloader) battery-soc-ok:yes
(bootloader) battery-voltage:3975
(bootloader) version-baseband:
(bootloader) version-bootloader:
(bootloader) variant:SDM EMMC
(bootloader) partition-type:cache:ext4
(bootloader) partition-size:cache: 0x1F400000
(bootloader) partition-type:userdata:ext4
(bootloader) partition-size:userdata: 0x5EBBFBE00
(bootloader) partition-type:system:ext4
(bootloader) partition-size:system: 0xE0000000
(bootloader) secure:yes
(bootloader) serialno:********
(bootloader) product:QK1713-A01
(bootloader) max-download-size:536870912
(bootloader) kernel:uefi

4. some more info:
Z:\android\adb>fastboot oem device-info
(bootloader)
Verity mode: true
(bootloader) Device unlocked: true
(bootloader) Device critical unlocked:
true
(bootloader) Charger screen enabled: false
OKAY [ 0.000s]
Finished. Total time: 0.000s

Links related to my device:
TWRP version 1 which failed to load: https://disk.yandex.ru/d/XxzizBXtWnMcMg
TWRP version 2 which failed to load: https://disk.yandex.ru/d/4LBp0kkfgWZk7w
stock recovery: https://disk.yandex.ru/d/F4IHueroahPBhQ
stock boot: https://disk.yandex.ru/d/x_zcR0WDg9d4hg
stock ROM (very special CPB format!): V3.0.014 (8.1base version)
stock ROM (ZIP format!): V3.0.014 (8.1base version)

I wish somebody would take an interest in this difficult case and give it a try...

As an alternative, I could try to follow instructions if this would be more practical to buld TWRP.

Thank you!

Last edited:

lopestom

Nov 7, 2012
Archland - Narnia
mewe.com
Device: 360 N6 Lite by QIKU, Snapdragon 630

Device is running stock ROM based on android 8.1

Some good man tried to help me and created some TWRP version for me but when I flashed it my phone could not start: instead of booting it falls to fastboot.

Addtional info about my device which might be useful for knowledgeable person:

1. fastboot has limited functionality: it cannot flash any partiton, therefore the only way I can flash anything is by QFIL
2. I can install Magisk and patch stock boot.img, but when I flash patched boot phone goes to bootloop.
3. bootloader is unlocked:
(bootloader) unlocked:yes
(bootloader) off-mode-charge:0
(bootloader) charger-screen-enabled:0
(bootloader) battery-soc-ok:yes
(bootloader) battery-voltage:3975
(bootloader) version-baseband:
(bootloader) version-bootloader:
(bootloader) variant:SDM EMMC
(bootloader) partition-type:cache:ext4
(bootloader) partition-size:cache: 0x1F400000
(bootloader) partition-type:userdata:ext4
(bootloader) partition-size:userdata: 0x5EBBFBE00
(bootloader) partition-type:system:ext4
(bootloader) partition-size:system: 0xE0000000
(bootloader) secure:yes
(bootloader) serialno:********
(bootloader) product:QK1713-A01
(bootloader) max-download-size:536870912
(bootloader) kernel:uefi

4. some more info:
Z:\android\adb>fastboot oem device-info
(bootloader) Verity mode: true
(bootloader) Device unlocked: true
(bootloader) Device critical unlocked: true
(bootloader) Charger screen enabled: false
OKAY [ 0.000s]
Finished. Total time: 0.000s

Links related to my device:
TWRP version 1 which failed to load: https://disk.yandex.ru/d/XxzizBXtWnMcMg
TWRP version 2 which failed to load: https://disk.yandex.ru/d/4LBp0kkfgWZk7w
stock recovery: https://disk.yandex.ru/d/F4IHueroahPBhQ
stock boot: https://disk.yandex.ru/d/x_zcR0WDg9d4hg

I wish somebody would take an interest in this difficult case and give it a try...

As an alternative, I could try to follow instructions if this would be more practical to buld TWRP.

Thank you!
Here's the file TWRP for your device: 360_N6Lite_TWRP3.2.1_Recovery_9008.zip

The file is from 4pda forum with structions by bullik01: Acquiring TWRP

vp1117

Jan 30, 2019

Thank you for taking your time and trying to help me!

I'm aware of this TWRP version. I know it was constructed somewhere in China and that bullik01 guy just copied it to 4pda forum.
My trouble is: 360_N6Lite_TWRP3.2.1_Recovery_9008.zip works only if phone runs android 7.1.2. If I try to install it with stock Oreo ROM, it crashes my phone as can be seen on attached pic. Error message translation into English:

Detected that the phone has been swiped into the non-officially certified ROM package! The phone will turn off in 5 seconds!

From this point of view, TWRP versions I referred to in my first message seem to me more ... advanced, I would say, as they do not crash my phone but just make it boot to fastboot mode.

Attachments

• no-luck-with-twrp.jpg
    no-luck-with-twrp.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 26
Last edited:

lopestom

Nov 7, 2012
Archland - Narnia
mewe.com
Thank you for taking your time and trying to help me!

I'm aware of this TWRP version. I know it was constructed somewhere in China and that bullik01 guy just copied it to 4pda forum.
My trouble is: 360_N6Lite_TWRP3.2.1_Recovery_9008.zip works only if phone runs android 7.1.2. If I try to install it with stock Oreo ROM, it crashes my phone as can be seen on attached pic.

From this point of view, TWRP versions I referred to in my first message seem to me more ... advanced, I would say, as they do not crash my phone but just make it boot to fastboot mode.

Good to know. You can see other TWRP for same chipset and Oreo? If yes, attach your stock recovery.img; boot.img and TWRP file for Snap 630 - Oreo 8.1.

vp1117

Jan 30, 2019
"You can see other TWRP for same chipset and Oreo?" - not sure what you mean. I never tried to flash TWRP built for any other devices. The only TWRP I tried - I posted links to them in my fist message and attached these files here. They are NOT working TWRPs. They were build locally by some guy who tried to help me out. Files names are 'ptwrp3.2.1-0.img' and 'ptwrp3.2.3-0.img', attached. They cause my device to boot into fastboot mode.

Also attached are my stock Oreo boot & recovery images.

I can provide you with any other file(s)/info if necessary.

Thank you!

Attachments

• ptwrp3.2.1-0.img
    27.2 MB · Views: 20
  • ptwrp3.2.3-0.img
    26 MB · Views: 19
  • boot.014.original.img
    12.7 MB · Views: 20
  • recovery.014.original.img
    19.7 MB · Views: 17

lopestom

Nov 7, 2012
Archland - Narnia
mewe.com
"You can see other TWRP for same chipset and Oreo?" - not sure what you mean. I never tried to flash TWRP built for any other devices. The only TWRP I tried - I posted links to them in my fist message and attached these files here. They are NOT working TWRPs. They were build locally by some guy who tried to help me out. Files names are 'ptwrp3.2.1-0.img' and 'ptwrp3.2.3-0.img', attached. They cause my device to boot into fastboot mode.

Thank you!
I know about the TWRP for D1 cannot flash in D2! Each device so each TWRP!!

I can compile TWRP but unfortunately my time is not good and I haven't A8.1 Source Code Team Win in my PC Linux now. That's need time and much size in the PC.

May be I can help PORTing. Wait patiently the file.

Reactions: vp1117

vp1117

Jan 30, 2019
Thank you you are still with me!

Sure, if you need time then I'll wait. Just... minor concern from my side is as following: it appears that vendor (Qiku) have acivated DM-Verity in Oreo stock ROM for my device. My knowledge of android is almost zero but as far as I learnt, having DM-Verity activated would render all efforts of builing custom recovery useless since ABOOT will always prevent custom partition from booting... Am I not right?

vp1117

Jan 30, 2019
Here is some info regarding my phone: https://github.com/search?q=qk1713
I'm not sure how valuable it is. I'm not even sure this info in trustworthy as I'm a complete newbie and cannot estimate value of anything related to linux/android world. Judging by the dates, the info might be related to android 7.1, not 8.1...

Also, I have PC with linux mint at my disposal and if I could obtain more detailed info about my phone using linux tools - I'll be more than happy to do so.

lopestom

Nov 7, 2012
Archland - Narnia
mewe.com
I'm not sure how valuable it is. I'm not even sure this info in trustworthy as I'm a complete newbie and cannot estimate value of anything related to linux/android world. Judging by the dates, the info might be related to android 7.1, not 8.1...

Also, I have PC with linux mint at my disposal and if I could obtain more detailed info about my phone using linux tools - I'll be more than happy to do so.
Yes and not. We need look about files is from device/stock ROM. But if you really want know how compile TWRP read this about tools/instalation/commands:

Well guy, my time realy is not good now. But with minimal files I make 3 files for test. The problem maybe is DM_VERIFY from boot.img in your device. You can desactivate that with magisk?! You need know how install file.img in the recovery partition or test with: fastboot boot recovery.img

If you need something help about compile TWRP so contact me in my profile github.

vp1117

Jan 30, 2019
Hi lopestom, I hope everything is OK with you.

THANK you for finding the time to build recoveries!

I don't use fastboot for flashing. Fastboot which is implemented in my phone prohibits flash command. Instead, I use QFIL, it works fine.
All 3 of recoveries you've buit led to same result: phone falls to fastboot mode.
Well, at least you somehow managed build recoveries which do not lead to red state!!

If, along with with your recovery I flash boot.img patched by Magisk, result is the same: phone boots into fastboot.

Last edited:

vp1117

Jan 30, 2019
I wish I could build recoveries myself, but I somehow cannot get myself understand Linux. Everything is so... difficult and so... non-human in Linux. I only use Linux to edit system.img for my other phone. So, my knowledge is limited to how run caja as administrator and how to mount system.img for editing.

lopestom

Nov 7, 2012
Archland - Narnia
mewe.com
I wish I could build recoveries myself, but I somehow cannot get myself understand Linux. Everything is so... difficult and so... non-human in Linux. I only use Linux to edit system.img for my other phone. So, my knowledge is limited to how run caja as administrator and how to mount system.img for editing.
You read the links guide that I out before?

That's simple in first moment because only install tools to compile need. So you need github profile; sudo install xxxxx; repo; etc.....
The second is about device tree. But you have that so maybe good maybe not. Is need tests.
If not good you can search other same device tree to your Soc/Chipset/CPU in the github and modify informations from your device.

You can write me in my profile github and if I can so help more.

vp1117

Jan 30, 2019
Hi lopestom, thank you for your explanations. From these explanations I understand the general idea. And, who knows, probably I'll give it a try some day. Another newbie will be trying to build a TWRP... :)

However, discussing my bad phone on different forums, I'm gradually coming to conclusion that probably my phone was built in such a way so any custom recoveries will always be rejected. There is a chance that any modified partition on my device needs to be signed by vendor's key.

So, it might be that those recoveries you kindly built for me few days ago are already good recoveries but we'll never know that because my phone just rejected them as not signed by this nasty QIKU vendor.

The task of fighting with boot/recovery signature is far above my knowledge. Most probably, I'll be defeated by it and will have to give up. As such, it will put an end to my endeavours in regards of TWRP...

I appreciate your help very much. I don't even know what makes you to spend your time helping newbies like me. THANK you!

Reactions: lopestom

vp1117

Jan 30, 2019
Hello lopestom!

Just wanted to share with you some great news about those TWRP versions you so kindly build for my almost sunset phone.

They do work, all 3 of them!!

Somehow I got AVB disabled, not sure exactly what it was, so that now it is possible to avoid Red State / fastboot when flashing modified recovery.

So far I can see only one problem about these TWRPs: they fail to mount Vendor partition. But I do not want you to spend any of your time looking at this issue. I have now basic functionality with your TWRPs which I badly needed. I'm 100% happy with TWRPs.

Just to repeat: BIG thank you for your kind support!

• Love
Reactions: lopestom

Mishera2020

Apr 7, 2020
Good day, can i also get this twrp works for me, i also have 360 n6 lite phone with android 7.1. i know the basic flashing of twrp but dont know the right files to flash, maybe you can help me pick the right files to install without error. My purpose of installing TWRP is for rooting my device and install magisk then install some app that can enable internal recording with any apps i use

Note: i also dint know to unlock bootloader of this

I wish you can help me and i really appreciate it,

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thank you!
    I know about the TWRP for D1 cannot flash in D2! Each device so each TWRP!!

I can compile TWRP but unfortunately my time is not good and I haven't A8.1 Source Code Team Win in my PC Linux now. That's need time and much size in the PC.

May be I can help PORTing. Wait patiently the file.

Yes and not. We need look about files is from device/stock ROM. But if you really want know how compile TWRP read this about tools/instalation/commands:

Well guy, my time realy is not good now. But with minimal files I make 3 files for test. The problem maybe is DM_VERIFY from boot.img in your device. You can desactivate that with magisk?! You need know how install file.img in the recovery partition or test with: fastboot boot recovery.img

If you need something help about compile TWRP so contact me in my profile github.
    You read the links guide that I out before?

That's simple in first moment because only install tools to compile need. So you need github profile; sudo install xxxxx; repo; etc.....
    The second is about device tree. But you have that so maybe good maybe not. Is need tests.
    If not good you can search other same device tree to your Soc/Chipset/CPU in the github and modify informations from your device.

You can write me in my profile github and if I can so help more.
    Hi lopestom, thank you for your explanations. From these explanations I understand the general idea. And, who knows, probably I'll give it a try some day. Another newbie will be trying to build a TWRP... :)

However, discussing my bad phone on different forums, I'm gradually coming to conclusion that probably my phone was built in such a way so any custom recoveries will always be rejected. There is a chance that any modified partition on my device needs to be signed by vendor's key.

So, it might be that those recoveries you kindly built for me few days ago are already good recoveries but we'll never know that because my phone just rejected them as not signed by this nasty QIKU vendor.

The task of fighting with boot/recovery signature is far above my knowledge. Most probably, I'll be defeated by it and will have to give up. As such, it will put an end to my endeavours in regards of TWRP...

I appreciate your help very much. I don't even know what makes you to spend your time helping newbies like me. THANK you!
    Hello lopestom!

Just wanted to share with you some great news about those TWRP versions you so kindly build for my almost sunset phone.

They do work, all 3 of them!!

Somehow I got AVB disabled, not sure exactly what it was, so that now it is possible to avoid Red State / fastboot when flashing modified recovery.

So far I can see only one problem about these TWRPs: they fail to mount Vendor partition. But I do not want you to spend any of your time looking at this issue. I have now basic functionality with your TWRPs which I badly needed. I'm 100% happy with TWRPs.

Just to repeat: BIG thank you for your kind support!