-

Search This thread

philocritus

Apr 29, 2006
this seems to be a great idea! I copied it to my memory card and couldn't run it cause I don't have .net 3.5.
I'm not interested in installing it cause it would take to much memory for other installs(waiting for a cooked 3.5 rom).
Try making a 2.0 compatible version of technic.exe first.

But this one is a good software to look up to. I use s2u2 as my locker and I miss configurable gestures to unlock.

Organic lock is going to be great! no doubt about it!

looking forward for:

1 - 2.0 compatible technic.exe
2 - full gesture control(i'm guessing this version allows only the click of the "checkpoint" and not the gesture)
3 - locking sequence not explicit(as for only owner knows it.. if not done yet)

Thumbs up to your work!

rev3nant

Feb 18, 2008
philocritus,

I didn't quite understand the 3rd point. Could you explain?

Made Technic compatible with .NET CF 2.0. Check new archive.

Last edited:

met3ora

Nov 18, 2007
I can't seem to put in a gesture on my Kaiser. It doesn't detect any strokes of mine unless I make them very quick and very hard and even then, the strokes aren't the ones that I made, they seem pretty arbitrary.

!Kernel Panic!

Sep 13, 2007
I can't seem to put in a gesture on my Kaiser. It doesn't detect any strokes of mine unless I make them very quick and very hard and even then, the strokes aren't the ones that I made, they seem pretty arbitrary.

You have to tap the moving "lava" parts when you tap the black area your hit is not registered. So you basically have to tap the lava as it passes your pre-determined point.

Last edited:

Merlin_reloaded

May 26, 2007
Newton
Excellent!

A new idea...wow!
Tested it out, and it works as it should....though I do have a few suggestions:

1)Instead of the 'lava' theme, try a easier theme....like dragging around a block in a grid would be an easier metaphor...like those picture puzzles!

2)kinda resource-hogging...slim down maybe?

Overall, a 5/5:D

philocritus

Apr 29, 2006
philocritus,

I didn't quite understand the 3rd point. Could you explain?

Made Technic compatible with .NET CF 2.0. Check new archive.

Thanks Rev! I'll check it out and send you the results ;)

as for the 3rd point I'm talking about having a static image as background and only the user knows where to touch to unlock. any other guy can't unlock it that way(kinda like a organic password)

thehelios

Jul 17, 2007
This didn't work with my touch when I ran organic-panic. I opened that .exe, and my screen froze. I turned off the phone and turned it back on. I finally saw the lava screen and the little pockethal logo on the bottom right but the screen was still frozen. Is this running in DirectDraw? Last time this kind of thing happened is S2U2 v.93 or something and I think it was due to DD.

philocritus

Apr 29, 2006
ok rev here are the results on my trinity:

organic and organic-panic both run and respond only to the cancel button. couldn't unlock it...
when the display went off it never came back on...

maybe a .net 2.0 problem? or am I getting something wrong?

my perception is that there is no response to touch screen...

jomo25

Mar 1, 2005
See these threads:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=375294&highlight=gesture

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=362231&highlight=gesture

Others who put some thought and effort into something like this. I think it would be great. I added my ideas in those threads. I still wish it could be a "Gesture 2 Action" module, that could be integrated with S2U2 at some point cuz S2U2 has pretty much all the "locking and unlocking" functions down. It is evolved enough to handle almost all the use cases with notifications, locking buttons, and what not. All we'd be adding is a different "trigger" to initiate the unlock. I'm not saying its easy, but its gotta be easier than trying to redevelop all the code to do all the other functions, when all this is really adding is the gesture part.

Again, MHO.

rev3nant

Feb 18, 2008
New version.

0.8 (latest):
- Using GAPI instead of closed PocketHAL libs (so you need gx.dll)
- Removed both locker screens
- Added another unlocker screen (Checkers)
- Works with standard screen locker (and possibly any other, that properly sets lock flag in registry). This needs to be checked with other lockers' authors (in future version).
- Number of points can now be from 5 to 10.
- Installable .cab instead of .zip

See first post for .cab

LivinOne

Mar 27, 2008
If you can combine the functionality of S2U2 (notifications, time, now playing, etc)... this would be one of the top 5 best apps for WM6 available, period.

acc0101

Dec 13, 2007
Yes, It does work on my prophet
I ,however, don't how to use even I read the instruction
May you record a live teaching video?

it's locking me all the way..

Last edited:

wacky.banana

Moderator Emeritus
Apr 30, 2007
Very interesting idea that I want to see succeed. Subscribing to monitor progress/development.

WB

rev3nant

Feb 18, 2008
New version - 0.8.0.2:
- Slightly different Checkers unlocker
- Accuracy (difficulty) increased
- Device is now automatically locked after soft-reset

l3v5y

Retired Senior Moderator
Sep 13, 2007
Bristol
It works well on my prophet! However, I dislike it locking instantly on a soft reset, although this is just my preference...