Status
Not open for further replies.

bengalih

Aug 16, 2007
Chicago, IL
don't work for other then wwe sytem because "storage card" in french is "Carte de stockage" thanks.
Please provide more information as to "don't work"

What doesn't work?
What are the error messages?

Although I haven't done extensive tests with non-standard storage card names, I renamed my card to "Carte de stockage" and was able to run an Auto install without an issue.

Last edited:

KukurikU

Nov 23, 2006
Rehovot
one of the "must have" software for the flash addicts!
i am impressed. i watched yr videos....man, when you do something, you are going all the way:) the full 9 yards;)
thank you, thank you and ...R E S P E C T! !
oops, got confused and posted here, sorry.

Last edited:

asango

Jan 11, 2008
Cool, I like the AUTO function very much which now makes it possible to also auto install interactive setups!
I had to use other additional tools so far, but now no more!

Also Macisu is a great thing. By the way there are also VPN and GPRS settings based on the same technique which I think are not handled so far, right? Will you include them also in a later version?

Regarding the PIM backup: Because the auto install does not allow to overwrite some read only and similar files whereas the manual version is doing it according to the doc, I suppose this might be the reason that simply copying a PIM.VOL into the auto-root folder and trying to auto install it is not working, right?
But it would be very convenient if one could restore a pim.vol also in the auto install phase.
Is there any chance to get this done?

Thank you very much one more time for this phantastic and still getting better and better tool!

bengalih

Aug 16, 2007
Chicago, IL
Cool, I like the AUTO function very much which now makes it possible to also auto install interactive setups!
I had to use other additional tools so far, but now no more!

Also Macisu is a great thing. By the way there are also VPN and GPRS settings based on the same technique which I think are not handled so far, right? Will you include them also in a later version?

Regarding the PIM backup: Because the auto install does not allow to overwrite some read only and similar files whereas the manual version is doing it according to the doc, I suppose this might be the reason that simply copying a PIM.VOL into the auto-root folder and trying to auto install it is not working, right?
But it would be very convenient if one could restore a pim.vol also in the auto install phase.
Is there any chance to get this done?

Thank you very much one more time for this phantastic and still getting better and better tool!
Thanks..I'll answer here, but please post any additional comments/questions in the main SASHIMI thread.

Post any suggestions for Makisu in the Makisu thread (see it in my sig). Please try to link to any information on XML/CSPs you want added to help me in trying to implement it.

Also, as far as the PIM...no this won't work (even with the read-only overwrite in Auto phase). This is because the PIM.VOL is not able to be overwritten. This is not because it is read-only but because it is locked down by some system process. The method I am using to restore it is to rename the original, and then replace it with the backup. A reboot is needed to finish the job so that the system will take its lock off the old one and begin using the "new" PIM.VOL.

Last edited:

darth maximus

Jan 27, 2008
Mandaluyong
hi bengalih. i see you are now supporting i780 screen resolution for 7.5.
let me know if you're going to support omnia in future releases. I'd be willing to test.

I used to run sashimi on my kaiser but since I relegated it as my secondary device, I haven't been flashing it lately. I did try to hack the scripts and found out that the code used is hard coded depending on the screen resolution so it didn't work on my omnia. :p

bengalih

Aug 16, 2007
Chicago, IL
hi bengalih. i see you are now supporting i780 screen resolution for 7.5.
let me know if you're going to support omnia in future releases. I'd be willing to test.

I used to run sashimi on my kaiser but since I relegated it as my secondary device, I haven't been flashing it lately. I did try to hack the scripts and found out that the code used is hard coded depending on the screen resolution so it didn't work on my omnia. :p
Yeah, actually a user in the thread hacked the i780 support so I included it officially in this release (as I don't like "hacked" versions of SASHIMI going around.)

I believe the omnia screen is 240x400 is that correct?

What I will need you to do is download these test CABs:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=98270&d=1215661765

For each one I need a screenshot of the install location screen (Where is asks where you want to install).

Also, a full registry export (in .REG) format of your device may be helpful.

What does the omnia use for external storage, does it have a standard Storage Card slot like the Kaiser?

Once you get me that info I should be able to get the support in and I will post a beta for you to test.

zard

Jul 19, 2005
Hi,

Thanks for bringing version 7.5, the root directory works so much faster now. It was very slow in version 7.0, but I didn't feedback about it, since it works.

Today's feedback is on Makisu, which you had added all the settings that WM provides.

After I use Makisu to create a wireless profile, it seems that the selection was not written in.

The profile I try to create:

1. Network name: ABC
2. Connects to: The Internet
3. This is hidden network
4. Authentication: Open
5. Data Encrytion: WEP
6. The key is automatically provided
7. Use IEEE 802.1x network access control
8. EAP type: PEAP

Note that after I created the above profile, save it, and provision it, when I went into the settings to see if everything was created correctly, item 7 was not checked, and item 8 not set.

I tried twice, the result was the same. You might want to check it out.

Thanks.

bengalih

Aug 16, 2007
Chicago, IL
Hi,

Thanks for bringing version 7.5, the root directory works so much faster now. It was very slow in version 7.0, but I didn't feedback about it, since it works.

Today's feedback is on Makisu, which you had added all the settings that WM provides.

After I use Makisu to create a wireless profile, it seems that the selection was not written in.

The profile I try to create:

1. Network name: ABC
2. Connects to: The Internet
3. This is hidden network
4. Authentication: Open
5. Data Encrytion: WEP
6. The key is automatically provided
7. Use IEEE 802.1x network access control
8. EAP type: PEAP

Note that after I created the above profile, save it, and provision it, when I went into the settings to see if everything was created correctly, item 7 was not checked, and item 8 not set.

I tried twice, the result was the same. You might want to check it out.

Thanks.
Yup, there was a problem there, easiy fixed and a 1.6 update is posted (both on the Makisu thread, and a SASHIMI-specific update on the first post of the main SASHIMI thread).

Thanks for the feedback!

Status
Not open for further replies.