3D Live Maker is now available

Search This thread

punkthemonk

Mar 22, 2011
Hemel Hempstead
The 3D scanning app is now available on the Huawei App Gallery.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181116_224250_com.huawei.appmarket.jpg
    Screenshot_20181116_224250_com.huawei.appmarket.jpg
    228.3 KB · Views: 4,459

panman1964

Oct 1, 2012
initial impression is it's a PITA to try & scan something.

Uses the front camera and its "interesting" trying to read the on screen instructions as your trying to scan

twilliams08

Dec 31, 2010
initial impression is it's a PITA to try & scan something.

Uses the front camera and its "interesting" trying to read the on screen instructions as your trying to scan

Agreed first few goes were awful, takes a while to get the hang of it. The key seems to be to keep the phone pretty still and slowly rotate the object , easier said than done though. Took about 10 goes to get something semi decent and then half its head was missing!

rakesh2002

Dec 6, 2010
Bangalore, India..
I first tried with a doll and it turned out just fine. I then wanted to try with other stuffs but it didn't turn out so well.. Also I noticed that my hand too gets modeled along with stuffs other than doll, like a well decorated chinaware... Why hand?

If this software is well tweaked then it's going to be a mega hit coz AI will, or I hope it will get better at, adding lighting and shadow info into the ARed model. Lots of scope Huawei guys, just enhance them and don't stuff in kiddo games into your future updates.

rakesh2002

Dec 6, 2010
Bangalore, India..
I am getting frustrated with the 3D thing, it is capturing my hand as well (while I am trying to rotate the model to clear blue spots), besides the image is not highly detailed, specially of those of sculptures n figurines. Is the AI programmed to consider only fluffy dolls?

galaxyYtester

Mar 31, 2014
My app uses the front-cam instead of the rear-one, without any UI to switch. Pretty useless.

The scanning feature can't work on the rear camera, it's able to scan in detailed 3D by using this device's dot projection system. Only one other Android phone has a 3D dot projection system, the Xiaomi Mi 8 Pro. This is the first time it's been utilized for something else than face recognition.

Reactions: filipferris

ClotzA

Feb 22, 2012
I've played with the app last night and managed to scan a few objects in suboptimal light conditions.
It worked well with soft toys but I got poor results with hard objects (model cars).
The 3D objects are stored as OBJ files and can be shared in GLB File Format.

Reactions: mscion

y0zer187

May 14, 2015
Will this work with the Mate 20 X, as the Cameras are the same specs.

I tired and it looked like I wasn't able to add anything with the + on the app. It just kept flashing

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone