3g/4g watchdog

Search This thread

goixiz

Nov 16, 2012
Coming from android and a limited data plan. I miss my 3G watchdog. With this new phone Lumia 920 on WP OS I have no idea if im using my 4G or my wifi so i am paranoid and turn of my data unless i really need to download when i am on the move

Anyone, knows of an app similar to the 3G watchdog from android.

Thanks in advance

liqn7

Mar 25, 2010
HA! Windows Phone 8 = good luck finding apps.

Even if it did exist, MS dont allow 3rd party apps to mess with system settings.

Welcome to your closed but slightly more open than apple garden.

liqn7

Mar 25, 2010
Problem is when your phone sleeps it automatically switches from wifi to mobile data.

No way to keep wifi on except leaving an app to constantly send data to maintain the wifi connection... thats a fail in my books

alodar1

Aug 6, 2007
Auburn, WA
Microsoft Surface Duo
It seems like they got Wi-Fi usage right in WP8. If Wi-Fi is connected it will go over Wi-Fi unless someone were to code an application to specifically use just the phone modem (haven't seen that).

Well, almost right. I'm told that when on Wifi, and streaming music, and the phone goes to sleep, the WiFi will indeed shut down. And the streaming music will then revert to data. Upon waking, the streaming won't revert to WiFi.

This is one of the things that @JoeB from MS mentions will be fixed quickly.

Then WiFi will be better :victory:

ste_vlad

May 29, 2007
Buzau
Checkout Nokia Counters, you should see it in the Nokia Collection area of the marketplace

LE: I don't own an 920, my wife has an 800 on which I installed Counters, don't know if it's available on WP8 now

Coming from android and a limited data plan. I miss my 3G watchdog. With this new phone Lumia 920 on WP OS I have no idea if im using my 4G or my wifi so i am paranoid and turn of my data unless i really need to download when i am on the move

Thanks in advance

Reactions: tai4de2

madman0817

Oct 6, 2011
There should be one

Coming from a Dev's perspective, I'm not sure why there isn't one.

There is a VERY easy set of methods/classes to use to check this kind of thing. I guess I'll have to put it on my list of things to do...

Reactions: goixiz

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Checkout Nokia Counters, you should see it in the Nokia Collection area of the marketplace

LE: I don't own an 920, my wife has an 800 on which I installed Counters, don't know if it's available on WP8 now

Thanks in advance
    There should be one

Coming from a Dev's perspective, I'm not sure why there isn't one.

There is a VERY easy set of methods/classes to use to check this kind of thing. I guess I'll have to put it on my list of things to do...