• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

3Minit Battery Mod ( By Gharrington )

Search This thread

Gil81

May 2, 2013
Lincoln
3Minit Battery Mod
Original 3Minit Thread

For those that do not know what this mod is about...and do not want to follow the provided link to the original thread. Lol. This mod allows you to view an increasing 1,100 battery types, from different users. With a single click, the battery will download and set itself on to the status bar.

Storage space is not affected by thousands of unused .png's. They're stored on a server and the App only downloads the type you use. As you can see. This is an impressive mod. All those that donated in the original thread really do deserve a Thanks. I for one, Love to be able to change my Ugly battery icon to match my theme. :good:

I, nor gharrington, Do Not take any responsibility for anything that happens to YOUR device. Always make a Backup First.

I want to start by saying this is NOT my work. I have only used the Devs work to Modify our SysytemUI.apk so we can use his Awesome app.

I will be uploading the required files for certain roms, to be able to use this mod. As well as instructions on how to apply it. It is very easy as I have already made the required modifications to the SystemUI.apk.

Downloads for Instructions and App

This dropbox link has in it 3 files.

1) MinitBatteryResources.apk = You will need to push this to system/apps and set permissions to 6-5-5. But first you must create a folder in system/apps called MinitBatteryResources and set permissions to 7-5-5. Then put apk inside it.

2)The 3MinitBatterySettings.apk = is used to change the battery icons. You can use this included apk. Or ( and I suggest this ) Buy the paid version from the playstore.

3) The other file is instructions on pushing this mod to your device.

Downloads for Rom specific SystemUI.apks

Bliss rom. This is for the vs985 Bliss rom. Based on 6.0.1. ( 1/15 )
Bliss rom. This is for the vs985 Bliss rom. Based on 6.0.1 ( 1/30 )

S-Reborn rom. This is for the vs985 S+Reborn rom. Based on 6.0.1 ( 2/5 )

CyanideL ( Dev Edition ). This is for CyanideL dev Edition rom. It is not found on XDA. Its on Google+. It is based on 5.1.1

Download Section For P4Wifi ( Galaxy Tab 10.1 wifi only )
AOSP 6.0 Unofficial ( 2015/12/11 ). This is for my fellow p4wifi users. We refuse to let our Tab die. Lol.

Please Thank Gharrington for his Awesome work. But also lets try to keep questions in This thread. As it is for our device. They are very helpful in the Original thread. But I do not want us clogging it with questions that can be answered here.

Thanks.

Screenshot_20160114-133316.jpg Screenshot_20160114-133230.jpg Screenshot_20160114-133207.jpg Screenshot_20160114-133148.jpg

Last edited:

KiaTheKing

Jun 10, 2013
Belgrade
Xiaomi Mi 10T / 10T Pro
The original link is provided and I added some info about the mod to this thread. I just didnt realize everybody hadnt heard of this. Lol. Ive been enjoying this mod since my Epic 4g Touch days, thats the Boost Mobile S2 variant.

I didnt tell that i never heard about it lel :D Just saying, thread can look better if you add some images/info/text etc... :)

Reactions: Gil81

Amaranth`

Jul 21, 2015
Paris
Looks good. To install it to G3 D855 the steps is only this? Because i try it with stock androud 6.0 deodexed but not work.
1) MinitBatteryResources.apk = You will need to push this to system/apps and set permissions to 6-5-5. But first you must create a folder in system/apps called MinitBatteryResources and set permissions to 7-5-5. Then put apk inside it. Or need something more?

Last edited:

Gil81

May 2, 2013
Lincoln
Looks good. To install it to G3 D855 the steps is only this? Because i try it with stock androud 6.0 deodexed but not work.
1) MinitBatteryResources.apk = You will need to push this to system/apps and set permissions to 6-5-5. But first you must create a folder in system/apps called MinitBatteryResources and set permissions to 7-5-5. Then put apk inside it. Or need something more?

The systemui.apk can only be used with the ROM it is pulled from. So to use it on stock. You would need to mod the stock systemui.apk from that ROM. You can pull ur framework-res.apk and Systemui.apk and send me a link and I can mod them for u. But as I don't have that device. No promises if it works. It should though. But stock systemui is sketchy.

Reactions: Amaranth`

Amaranth`

Jul 21, 2015
Paris
The systemui.apk can only be used with the ROM it is pulled from. So to use it on stock. You would need to mod the stock systemui.apk from that ROM. You can pull ur framework-res.apk and Systemui.apk and send me a link and I can mod them for u. But as I don't have that device. No promises if it works. It should though. But stock systemui is sketchy.

Yes no problem take your time. When you have free time you can give it to me to test it for stock users witn android 6. But i have 2 SytemUI. I have one LGsystemUI folder and into the folder i have LGSystemUI.apk I have one more LGSystemUI.apk out to the folder. And i have and the com.lge.systemui.odex

Gil81

May 2, 2013
Lincoln
Yes no problem take your time. When you have free time you can give it to me to test it for stock users witn android 6. But i have 2 SytemUI. I have one LGsystemUI folder and into the folder i have LGSystemUI.apk I have one more LGSystemUI.apk out to the folder. And i have and the com.lge.systemui.odex

If ur ROM is odexed I can't make the mod work. It will have to be deodexed. There are guides here on XDA about how to do it.

Gil81

May 2, 2013
Lincoln
New Bliss Modded SystemUI.apk for 1/15 build is Up.

From now on I will be keeping the previous SystemUI.apks up, starting with 1/15. Most likely I will keep the last three builds. That way if anybody has a build they like or runs better on their device. It will be available.

Enjoy​

Gil81

May 2, 2013
Lincoln
OK all. I know we have a new build for Bliss about to drop. But I'm in the middle of moving and don't have my Linux machine. But I'm going to look into doing the mod on my windows laptop. If I can work it. We will have the new systemui.apk up a day after it drops. If I can't. It will be a little longer.

Thanks.

Reactions: spoonymoon

Gil81

May 2, 2013
Lincoln
Awesome is it usefull on stock rooted MM rom??

This particular modded systemui.apk will not work with anything but the ROM its pulled from. That goes for pretty much every systemui.apk. As for stock. This mod requires the ROM be deodexed. There is a stock ROM with this mod available for flashing floating around in the Verizon threads.

Gil81

May 2, 2013
Lincoln
New build for bliss 1/21 should be up later. I just got apktool running right on my old xp laptop. Lol. Sorry for the wait.
Edit.. Sorry all. I have apktool working and am able to make the necessary changes to the SystemUI.apk. But for some reason the ROM is not accepting it. So I need to look and see what changes happened upstream in git. This I can't do until I'm home in Chicago. It might even be my laptop messing something up, as I'm doing this mod on windows for the first time. I'm assuming it has something to do with apktool though. Should have it sorted out Friday or Saturday.

Sorry again all.

Last edited:

Gil81

May 2, 2013
Lincoln
Well guys I have the mod working on the latest build. But it seems to be causing random reboots from different points and times. So I will need to take a look deeper into the issue. A couple days maybe. I might have to enlist some help. Lol.
Thx.

Gil81

May 2, 2013
Lincoln
Update

Ok guys and gals. I have the mod working again on Bliss for the vs985. Its for the 1/30 build. I couldnt get the mod to work right on the previous build. Even on my Linux machine. Sorry. But it is up and working great on 1/30, even running the latest Nebula kernel from @Eliminater74 .

If you get a black screen when you reboot the first time. Just hold Vol down and Power button until reboot screen appears and pick continue boot. It will boot fine from there.

I do advise making a backup first, as our rom and this kernel are in development and 3minit is as well. Which is great news for us. As we get to run the latest and greatest from these Awesome Devs.

Last edited:

Gil81

May 2, 2013
Lincoln
Update​
As Bliss is no longer being maintained. I will not be updating this thread for it again. If you are on the latest Bliss release and wish to have this mod still. Just post your framework-res.apk , SystemUI.apk and org.cyanogenmod.platform-res.apk and I will mod it for you. Dont forget to mention me...as I might miss your post.​

Update​
I have moved to the S+Reborn rom...it is really slick all. I have updated the OP with the modded SystemUI.apk. Have Fun​

Thanks

Reactions: spoonymoon

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    3Minit Battery Mod
    Original 3Minit Thread

For those that do not know what this mod is about...and do not want to follow the provided link to the original thread. Lol. This mod allows you to view an increasing 1,100 battery types, from different users. With a single click, the battery will download and set itself on to the status bar.

Storage space is not affected by thousands of unused .png's. They're stored on a server and the App only downloads the type you use. As you can see. This is an impressive mod. All those that donated in the original thread really do deserve a Thanks. I for one, Love to be able to change my Ugly battery icon to match my theme. :good:

I, nor gharrington, Do Not take any responsibility for anything that happens to YOUR device. Always make a Backup First.

I want to start by saying this is NOT my work. I have only used the Devs work to Modify our SysytemUI.apk so we can use his Awesome app.

I will be uploading the required files for certain roms, to be able to use this mod. As well as instructions on how to apply it. It is very easy as I have already made the required modifications to the SystemUI.apk.

Downloads for Instructions and App

This dropbox link has in it 3 files.

1) MinitBatteryResources.apk = You will need to push this to system/apps and set permissions to 6-5-5. But first you must create a folder in system/apps called MinitBatteryResources and set permissions to 7-5-5. Then put apk inside it.

2)The 3MinitBatterySettings.apk = is used to change the battery icons. You can use this included apk. Or ( and I suggest this ) Buy the paid version from the playstore.

3) The other file is instructions on pushing this mod to your device.

Downloads for Rom specific SystemUI.apks

Bliss rom. This is for the vs985 Bliss rom. Based on 6.0.1. ( 1/15 )
    Bliss rom. This is for the vs985 Bliss rom. Based on 6.0.1 ( 1/30 )

S-Reborn rom. This is for the vs985 S+Reborn rom. Based on 6.0.1 ( 2/5 )

CyanideL ( Dev Edition ). This is for CyanideL dev Edition rom. It is not found on XDA. Its on Google+. It is based on 5.1.1

Download Section For P4Wifi ( Galaxy Tab 10.1 wifi only )
    AOSP 6.0 Unofficial ( 2015/12/11 ). This is for my fellow p4wifi users. We refuse to let our Tab die. Lol.

Please Thank Gharrington for his Awesome work. But also lets try to keep questions in This thread. As it is for our device. They are very helpful in the Original thread. But I do not want us clogging it with questions that can be answered here.

Thanks.

Screenshot_20160114-133316.jpg Screenshot_20160114-133230.jpg Screenshot_20160114-133207.jpg Screenshot_20160114-133148.jpg
    I will have an update for bliss 1/15 sometime later today or early tomorrow. But I'm moving, so it may be the next day.
    New Bliss Modded SystemUI.apk for 1/15 build is Up.

From now on I will be keeping the previous SystemUI.apks up, starting with 1/15. Most likely I will keep the last three builds. That way if anybody has a build they like or runs better on their device. It will be available.

Enjoy​
    You can add some info about the 3Minit, gj anyways :)

The original link is provided and I added some info about the mod to this thread. I just didnt realize everybody hadnt heard of this. Lol. Ive been enjoying this mod since my Epic 4g Touch days, thats the Boost Mobile S2 variant.

I didnt tell that i never heard about it lel :D Just saying, thread can look better if you add some images/info/text etc... :)